PDA

View Full Version : [Warhammer 40K] Alternate Universe: The Dornian Heresy

Leliel
2011-03-18, 09:09 PM
(Note: This overly-hammy intro is dedicated to Games Workshop, and the grandiosity of the Black Library).

In the Grim Darkness of the future, there is only war...but not the war we know.

We all know the story of Horus. Of the proud son, so absorbed in his arrogance and the lies of Chaos that he turned on the father he once loved, so headstrong was he.

But what if it wasn't that way?

What would change if Horus had thrown off the daemon, and remained pure? What if Logar, his parent more understanding of his faith, had been the founder of the Ecclesiarchy? What if Magnus saw through the daemon's deceptions on Prospero, and taught it mortality? What if Angron had rose above the corruption and violence of his homeworld, and became a kind and honorable warrior?

Not much, as it turns out. For Chaos always finds a way, and in this world, the daemon simply went to Rogal Dorn. Faith only does so much to illuminate the world, founder Space Marine or not. Tzeentch, while surprised at the failure of his initial plan, simply turned his attentions to Corax and spun his cursed fate to his benefit. And in this future, Leman Russ chose the path that Angron had avoided, and became a force of bestial fury.

Ultimately, it is still the twilight of humanity...but it is a different twilight.

Welcome to the Dornian Heresy, a fan supplement for Warhammer 40000.

Link to download. (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=458)

I didn't write this-I didn't even know of B&C's existence until two weeks ago-but it's really good AU stuff. In my opinion, it also makes the Primarchs seem more humans and three-dimensional than actual canon. Hell, I pity the DH Corax more than the canon one!

A quick note: The Alpha Legion is still perfectly alive and Alpharius/Omegon is still leading them. They just didn't appear in the initial volume, and they're still sneaky magnificent bastards.

Cheesegear
2011-03-18, 09:24 PM
In my opinion, it also makes the Primarchs seem more humans and three-dimensional than actual canon. Hell, I pity the DH Corax more than the canon one!

You've read the Horus Heresy novels, right? The Primarchs have been three-dimensional for quite some time. The only still-two-dimensional character is the Emperor, and that's only because they can't include the Emperor too often for fear of screwing him up.

Still, whilst the Dornian Heresy is good, I prefer the actual Heresy.

And it's nowhere near as good as Rise of the Tau. However, this may be because I don't actually like AU stuff if the OS is plenty good on it's own.

Leliel
2011-03-18, 09:28 PM
You've read the Horus Heresy novels, right?

No.

No I have not.

I really meant to say their legions are more believable villains then the core Chaos Space Marines.

I especially liked the Tau-corrupted Ultramarines.

Cheesegear
2011-03-18, 09:37 PM
I really meant to say their legions are more believable villains then the core Chaos Space Marines.

As in, the ones presented in Codex: Chaos Space Marines? Yeah, common knowledge pegs them in the...Deficient spectrum.

That's why whenever people bring it up, I tell people to read the Dark Apostle series, which is about Word Bearers, who aren't retarded at all. Or I tell people to read Soul Hunter, which, again is about Chaos Marines who aren't mentally challenged.

Although, realistically, the only stupid Legions are the Black, and the World Eaters. Every other Legion seems to have their head on straight if you're only looking at the Codex.

Leliel
2011-03-18, 09:45 PM
As in, the ones presented in Codex: Chaos Space Marines? Yeah, common knowledge pegs them in the...Deficient spectrum.

That's why whenever people bring it up, I tell people to read the Dark Apostle series, which is about Word Bearers, who aren't retarded at all. Or I tell people to read Soul Hunter, which, again is about Chaos Marines who aren't mentally challenged.

Although, realistically, the only stupid Legions are the Black, and the World Eaters. Every other Legion seems to have their head on straight if you're only looking at the Codex.

Or are named Eliphas the Inheritor.

That guy is suave.

I'll look at the books.