Face/Reach|5ft/15ft|10 ft/25ft
AC|10|13 (+2 Natural,-1 Size)
Attacks|Thorn +3 Melee|Thorn +5 Melee
Damage|1d10-3 |2d6-1
Special Attacks|Frost Breath|Frost Breath
Special Qualities|Cold Subtype|Cold Subtype
Feats|tremorsense|Improved Inititave ,tremorsense
Saves|Fort +0, Ref +1, Will -5 |Fort + 1, Ref +2, Will -5
Abilities|Str 5, Dex 10, Con 9, Int 10, Wis 1, Cha 1 |Str 9, Dex 14, Con 11, Int 12, Wis 1, Cha 1
Climate/Terrain|Any Cold/Artic|Any Cold artic
Organization|Solitary/Bunch (3-5)|Solitary or Bunch ( 3 – 5)
CR|3|5
Treasure|Half Standard|Half Standard
Alignment|N.E.|N.E.
Advancement|4-7 HD|9-10 HD[/table]
A lovely Carnivorous Plant that only blooms in the cold. It’s razor sharp thorns minces up it’s prey small enough to be absorbed into the bush. The flowers appear to be blue white rose and easily hide the nature of this plant until it is too late. As a by product it builds up a freezing gas which use 3/day as a breath weapon. Due to the vines which make it, this plant can attack at greater distances.
The treasure found is what has been inedible to the plant.
Frost Breath
Medium = 3d6 damage 30 ft cone reflex save DC 8
Large = 8d6 damage 40 ft cone reflex save DC 11

I did this in 3.0 because it is the system i run. not sure of the differences in the creatures between 3.0 & 3.5. i would love opinions about it :smallredface:

Kuma Kode
2011-03-20, 12:05 AM
Put that sucker in a table.
{table=head]{colsp=3}Snow Rowzes
|Medium Plant|Large Plant
Hit Dice|3d8+5 (12 Hp)|8d8+5 ( 36 Hp)
Inititave|0|+1 (Improved Inititave)
Speed|10 ft|20 ft
Face/Reach|5ft/25 ft|10 ft/50 ft
AC|10|11 (+2 Natural,-1 Size)
Attacks|Thorn +3 Melee|Thorn +5 Melee
Damage|1d10|2d6
Special Attacks|Frost Breath|Frost Breath
Special Qualities|Cold Subtype|Cold Subtype
Feats|Alertness|Improved Inititave ,Alertness
Saves|Fort +3, Ref +1, Will+1|Fort + 6, Ref +2, Will +2
Abilities|Str 5, Dex 10, Con 5, Int 10, Wis 1, Cha --|Str 9, Dex 14, Con 5, Int 12, Wis 1, Cha --
Climate/Terrain|Any Cold/Artic|Any Cold artic
Organization|Solitary/Bunch (3-5)|Solitary or Bunch ( 3 – 5)
CR|3|5
Treasure|Half Standard|Half Standard
Alignment|N.E.|N.E.
Advancement|4-7 HD|9-10 HD[/table]

Where is the monster getting it's +5 hit points?

Improved Initiative is +4, so the large one should have an Initiative of +6.

The larger plant's AC needs to incorporate its Dexterity modifier; it should have an AC of 13.

Why does their damage ignore their strength modifier?

Their range is ludicrous. Assuming it's in undergrowth, you're going to eat several AoOs just to get to it. Not wrong, just ludicrous.

Alertness seems like a poor choice of feat considering they have a -5 Wisdom modifier. This monster probably won't even notice prey.

Where is it getting such high saving throws? Its Fortitude and Will should be in the negatives due to its ability modifiers.

Creatures cannot have Charisma as a non-ability; this makes the creature an object. It needs at least 1 Wisdom and 1 Charisma. As it stands now, the snow rowze has no ability to distinguish between itself and things that are not itself; it has no sense of identity. While I don't expect these things to win pageants, a basic, low-level understanding of the difference between you and not-you is a requirement for functional behavior, even in those tiny robots that gather information about their environments then discard it and run into walls.

Save DCs typically follow the formula 10 + 1/2 Hit die + relevant ability modifier, which is Constitution for breath weapons. So, DC 8 for the smaller one and DC 11 for the larger one.

Other than some cleanup, I like the plant. Reminds me a bit of the Crystal Rose (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k185/kuma_klaw/CrystalRose2.jpg) card from the video game Lost Kingdoms.

mouseyone
2011-03-20, 01:42 AM
TY so very much. i tried to table it but it kept coming out wrong :smallredface: worse part is after i looked at your comments on it, i realized that i knew what was wrong with it, but i couldn't quite get it fixed... i took several of your suggestions and cleaned it up a bit. ::smallcool: