PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Acne

grimbold
2011-03-19, 08:18 AM
I currently have a zit in my ear and its horrible as i can't put in head phones,
other horrible acne incidents i have had is acne inside my nose, which can lead to embarassing moments. Overall i am not covered in acne i just have the occasional bit of annoyingly place acne
so my question to the playground is
does anybody else get uncomfortably placed acne?

DeadManSleeping
2011-03-19, 08:42 AM
I've had acne on the inside of the nose. I've had it on the edge of my lip. I've had it on my neck, and under my ear. But I've had it in the weirdest place ever.

Pimple in my buttcrack. I'm not even joking a little.

I'd trade skins with someone else, but I can't afford to give up my fabulous sunburn resistance.

grimbold
2011-03-19, 08:47 AM
god that spoiler
that is...
you have my sympathy

Starbuck_II
2011-03-19, 09:00 AM
I've had a zit on my tongue once a year ago. Not a fun place. I wasn't sure that was possible.

My mom keeps getting them on her eyelids every once in a while.

Serpentine
2011-03-19, 09:19 AM
Pimple in my buttcrack. I'm not even joking a little.Big lumpy thing? Cysts. They happen.

I hate ear-pimples, they suck :smallyuk:

More generally: If anyone has bad acne, see a doctor (or dermatologist, if you can get straight to one without a referral). Pizza-face is not normal, you don't have to put up with it, it is treatable.

Orzel
2011-03-19, 09:35 AM
Only had one weird one.

Direct center of tip of the nose.
I checked.

Like an architect put it there.

Mauve Shirt
2011-03-19, 09:59 AM
I've had them on and behind my ears, and tongue-pimples. Once I got one on my chest, that was uncomfortable and weird.

Traab
2011-03-19, 10:02 AM
Armpit zits. THEY HURT! And they make a god awful mess when they pop too. Ive had the inside the nose zits. Painful and annoying, ear zits, Ive had one or two inside, but most are earlobe. But for me, the max annoyance is the middle of the back zit. You cant reach it, but you can feel it every time you sit in a chair, or your shirt shifts around.

grimbold
2011-03-19, 10:20 AM
I've had them on and behind my ears, and tongue-pimples. Once I got one on my chest, that was uncomfortable and weird.
how does one get a tongue pimple?

golentan
2011-03-19, 11:23 AM
Not acne as such, but boils, yes. My nose has perpetual boils. Fortunately, they're so consistent they no longer inflame, so it's not visible. Unfortunately, they sometimes show up on the inside. And should they pop, it's the worst (and worst smelling) bloody nose you can imagine.

grimbold
2011-03-19, 12:04 PM
Not acne as such, but boils, yes. My nose has perpetual boils. Fortunately, they're so consistent they no longer inflame, so it's not visible. Unfortunately, they sometimes show up on the inside. And should they pop, it's the worst (and worst smelling) bloody nose you can imagine.
ouch
that sounds like it REALLY sucks

Starbuck_II
2011-03-19, 01:56 PM

I don't know, guess Mauve Shirt and I are lucky. But it is a pimple on your tongue: not comfortable. I found very rare to have, haven't had one in ages.

Traab
2011-03-19, 02:11 PM

Same way they get pimples elsewhere, bacteria gets into pores, white blood cells swarm to the spot, and it gets sealed off so they can fight the infection, thus forming a pimple. Id imagine the taste buds and such on the human tongue count as close enough to a pore to allow bacteria not killed off by saliva to congregate.

thubby
2011-03-19, 04:18 PM
I got weirdly placed pimples. ear, nose, all that. mercifully i've escaped puberty, but for those pimples in places you cant pop, needles work.

Lycan 01
2011-03-19, 08:14 PM
My acne has actually cleared up really well over the last year or so. In fact, my face is clearer now than its been in years. Apart from a few mild zits on my chin, nose, and forehead, the only marks on my face now are just a few healing spots or scars.

Not really sure why the sudden clear up, either. I guess its either because of my change in diet and lifestyle, or just my hormones leveling out after puberty. I'm only 20, though, so I dunno if the hormone excuse is viable...

Oh well, I'm not complaining. I used to have it bad. I've had ear zits, inside-the-nose zits, and worst of all... cysts. Man, those are bad. :smallyuk:

Lhurgyof
2011-03-19, 10:11 PM
I've had it in the ears and on the corner of my mouth. Very uncomfortable. :smallfrown:

rayne_dragon
2011-03-19, 11:05 PM
The ones near an orifice always hurt the worst and are the most annoying. Uhg. Mine has calmed down mostly now that I'm older, thankfully, although I get a little bit here and there.

I was reading something somewhere and I recall it mentioning that testosterone is what causes acne (as well as male-pattern baldness, sex drive, and rage) which seemed a bit weird to me.

Temotei
2011-03-20, 02:08 AM
I guess the worst I've gotten is inside the nose. I had one last week, actually. They suck for me because I have allergy problems all year and when I have to blow my nose, I really can't blow without irritating the crap out of the thing.

I enjoyed crushing it slowly and painfully with a tissue.

Eldan
2011-03-20, 06:52 AM
On my right elbow. At exactly the point where I would rest it on a table when grabbing a mouse or typing on a keyboard.

During a time where I worked on computers eight hours a day.

grimbold
2011-03-20, 07:14 AM
On my right elbow. At exactly the point where I would rest it on a table when grabbing a mouse or typing on a keyboard.

During a time where I worked on computers eight hours a day.

wow
that is terrible :smallfrown:

DeadManSleeping
2011-03-20, 09:27 AM
Big lumpy thing? Cysts. They happen.

Oh, no, I've had one of those there, too (it's on the other side). I can tell the difference.

Perenelle
2011-03-20, 11:28 AM
Thankfully I don't get acne often, I have pretty good skin and my doctor is amazing and gave me stuff to make it go away pretty quickly.
Getting it on my nose is incredibly annoying though. :smallmad: especially since its rather noticeable because I have pale-ish skin and it's only in one spot. But in the summer smaller things conveniently blend in with my freckles.

Linkavitch
2011-03-20, 03:47 PM
Thankfully, the only weird acne I have is back-and-shoulder acne. But, I did have extremely horrible facial acne for a while...turns out doctors do know what they're talking about!

grimbold
2011-03-21, 11:58 AM
:( my ear acne has gotten worse and my music addiciton has increased i probs will buy some headphones

mangosta71
2011-03-21, 04:25 PM
The biggest thing that helped me with acne of all kinds and in all places is reducing the amount I touch my skin. I used to rest my head in my hands all the time as a teenager - and had constant outbreaks. Once I started keeping my hands away from my face, it cleared up. But when allergy season rolls around, I'll probably be scratching my nose enough to get a few...

I also started noticing outbreaks on my back and shoulders when I started exercising regularly. Changing my schedule to shower at night before bed helped that quite a bit.

enigmatime
2011-03-21, 05:13 PM
More generally: If anyone has bad acne, see a doctor (or dermatologist, if you can get straight to one without a referral). Pizza-face is not normal, you don't have to put up with it, it is treatable.

This is very true. My acne used to be even worse than what it is right now. I gotta say, it is still pretty horrible. I am seeing a dermatologist (a very nice one at that) and she gave me some medicine for it (topical and oral). The thing is, though, I suck at doing the topical stuff. Sure, the pills are easy, but that's because I've been taking ADHD medicine every since 1st grade. Topical stuff is a pain. I've gotten better about it.

However, if a doctor tells you to take a medicine, take it. It wont help you if it's sitting in the bathroom in the medicine cabinet. Oh, eating healthy and showering regularly (without conditioner. It creates a mask that holds in oils, causing more acne) help a lot. I hear excercise helps too, as long as you shower or wash your face afterwards.

Edit: The worst I've had was either an ear one with that ear having ear infection as well as it being waterlogged or possibly a really gross nose one.

Gaelbert
2011-03-21, 05:17 PM
Only had one weird one.

Direct center of tip of the nose.
I checked.

Like an architect put it there.

I've had one there too. I imagine it's more common than should be expected.

CrimsonAngel
2011-03-21, 05:30 PM
I mostly get them... okay everywhere on my face unless I scrub it vigorously atleast three times a day. I've also had a cyst where my hair parted. One day I woke up with it in my hand. :smallconfused: I also get them on the backs of my shoulders and arms, although mildly. Just bumps that are really annoying and visible enough to make me mad.

Also, now I want a pony avatar.

Starbuck_II
2011-03-21, 06:01 PM
I mostly get them... okay everywhere on my face unless I scrub it vigorously atleast three times a day. I've also had a cyst where my hair parted. One day I woke up with it in my hand. :smallconfused: I also get them on the backs of my shoulders and arms, although mildly. Just bumps that are really annoying and visible enough to make me mad.

Also, now I want a pony avatar.
I get one zits on thighs but luckily can't see when wearing pants/shorts.
Ask in the My Little Pony thread if you want a pony, they have awesome pony artists.

"I love when a pony comes together."

GrassyGnoll
2011-03-21, 06:04 PM
I had an inside-nose zit once. It felt weird to breath past it. So I took a needle and a lighter and a massive tolerance for pain and I did away with it.

Serpentine
2011-03-21, 11:33 PM
Oh, eating healthy... I hear excercise helps too, as long as you shower or wash your face afterwards.A clarification, according to Dr. Mum* it's not so much what you eat as how healthy you are. Excess (and, conceivably, insufficient) body fat messes with your hormones, causing pimples.
Which is why I'm not gonna be asking mum about going back on Roaccutane anytime soon, because her response is just gonna be "lose weight!" :smallsigh:

*I asked her why chocolate gives you pimples. She said "It doesn't".

golentan
2011-03-22, 01:38 AM
Yay, I didn't contribute! And yeah, weight seems to be a big thing for me: As I've dropped my pimples have gotten better.

Though I had a truly nasty one on my shoulder blade right where I couldn't reach it these past couple days.

mangosta71
2011-03-22, 11:54 AM
I've had pimples inside my nose before, and I gotta say eyelid is worse.

Mystic Muse
2011-03-22, 01:28 PM

Ye gods that sounds awful.

Worst one I've had is right on the edge of my lip which made it hurt when I opened my mouth.

grimbold
2011-03-22, 03:31 PM

how do you even manage that?

mangosta71
2011-03-22, 04:03 PM
how do you even manage that?
Well, I can't really squeeze it or anything that would lead to popping it for obvious reasons. Have to wait until the little white spot forms in the middle and then slash it open with my fingernails. Keep the eye closed while I wash it several times with a disinfectant soap, pat dry.

It only hurts while it's growing. Or perhaps by the time it's ready to open my nerves have become deadened from constant overstimulation.

Aptera
2011-03-22, 10:07 PM
The worst acne I've ever had was... in a place that's not really very appropriate for right now. It scared the daylights out of me when I found it. Thankfully it wentaway totally naturally, and just avoided thinking about it for a while.

grimbold
2011-03-23, 06:01 AM
Well, I can't really squeeze it or anything that would lead to popping it for obvious reasons. Have to wait until the little white spot forms in the middle and then slash it open with my fingernails. Keep the eye closed while I wash it several times with a disinfectant soap, pat dry.

It only hurts while it's growing. Or perhaps by the time it's ready to open my nerves have become deadened from constant overstimulation.

that sounds... truly horrific