PDA

View Full Version : Gamma World VS Tomb of Horrors

Christopher K.
2011-03-19, 11:46 PM
Would it be at all feasible to run the Tomb of Horrors(the DM Rewards version, probably) using Gamma World's character creation system? (I haven't yet been able to get myself a copy of Gamma World due to money problems, but I'm particularly curious as to whether or not this would work)

Duos Greanleef
2011-03-24, 07:15 PM
Best I can figure, that'd be alright.
Gamma World is just 4E rules in a different settings with a different mask.

Gralamin
2011-03-24, 07:51 PM
Seems like it would... Though it may be extra deadly. But You just throw out new character sheets in like 5 minutes anyway.

TheEmerged
2011-03-24, 09:09 PM
The two are not as compatible as they may seem.

Gamma World 4e characters will not have the healing that DnD 4e will assume they have. They are also all essentially the same class with a very narrow power selection (some of which is random). GW4e characters don't get the bonuses from equipment and their attributes never increase, but their skill/attack/def go up every level instead of every other level. Then there's the whole bit about their max level being 10 instead of 30.

I've actually been mingling the two systems a bit for my own 'weird world' concept (it's still at the conceptual stage). There are some things I feel GW4 did better (less healing can be a good thing), and things that don't seem to work the way the designers intended (not having feats + extremely limited non-random power selection + random power selection = combat that is even more repetitive than 4D&D)