PDA

View Full Version : Promised away to fay..

PetterTomBos
2011-03-20, 09:09 AM
This is set in 3,5 D&D , but mos of this is on the side of the rules anyways..True fay are cribbed from changeling the lost.

Karin: if reading this: get out!

The players were dealing with a true fay, when the bard offered three days of, say, "sexual service" for information.. The deal was done, and the true fay are supposed to pick her up sometime during the next two years..

Any ideas on how to play this one out? I'm not 100% sure on how much impact I want it to have.

About the time: it said 3 days. Not "3 days in the mortal plane" or "3 days in the hedge" so.. I was thinking to make a table to roll on, to see how long time in either realm would be used...

BIGMamaSloth
2011-03-20, 10:32 AM
This is set in 3,5 D&D , but mos of this is on the side of the rules anyways..True fay are cribbed from changeling the lost.

The players were dealing with a true fay, when the bard offered three days of, say, "sexual service" for information.. The deal was done, and the true fay are supposed to pick her up sometime during the next two years..

Any ideas on how to play this one out? I'm not 100% sure on how much impact I want it to have.

About the time: it said 3 days. Not "3 days in the mortal plane" or "3 days in the hedge" so.. I was thinking to make a table to roll on, to see how long time in either realm would be used...

There might be something to help you in the BoEF. I've never read it, so I wouldn't know, but that sounds like something that might be there.

LOTRfan
2011-03-20, 10:39 AM
If you want to be really mean, there is a "Nastier Faerie Traits" sidebar in Manual of the Planes. For every hour spent in Faerie, two weeks pass on the Material Plane.

So, the fool who sold herself to the fey could be gone for well over a year. :smallamused:

subject42
2011-03-20, 11:12 AM
One thing that the fey do is trade favors down the chain as a form of currency. If you really want to mess with the player/PC, sell that favor all the way down to the FAR REALM.

Miscast_Mage
2011-03-20, 11:31 AM
An evil idea is to have them pay the 3 days offer consecutively. No breaks or stops for rest inbetween at all. Each day have them roll a fort save to avoid exhaustion, and if they fail that, another to avoid death. Death by snoo-snoo, anyone?:smallamused:

PetterTomBos
2011-03-20, 11:34 AM
If you want to be really mean, there is a "Nastier Faerie Traits" sidebar in Manual of the Planes. For every hour spent in Faerie, two weeks pass on the Material Plane.

So, the fool who sold herself to the fey could be gone for well over a year. :smallamused:

Oooh, I didn't know 3.5 had rules on this ! I pretty much extrapolated from changeling the lost (WoD system). I think I'll keep the thought of rolling randomly.. Perhaps she'll get to see how another class works for a while ? ;)

One thing that the fey do is trade favors down the chain as a form of currency. If you really want to mess with the player/PC, sell that favor all the way down to the FAR REALM.

Hmm, I don't want to stress the entire "THEY HAD SEX" thing too mucha at the table. And I haven't read trough the fine print on the forumrules, but I guess it wouldn't be loved in that aspect either. But nice idea.. Might give her a story to keep from the others in the team..

I was thinking of either working with the PC to let her gain a template in place of a lvl, or adding some shifter/changeling traits as a result of captivement.

And imagine if the fey turns up during a large fight. Nudgenudge, time to go!

LOTRfan
2011-03-20, 11:36 AM
And imagine if the fey turns up during a large fight. Nudgenudge, time to go!

How long has it been in real time since the character made the deal?

PetterTomBos
2011-03-20, 11:43 AM
How long has it been in real time since the character made the deal?

They made the deal yesterday.

LOTRfan
2011-03-20, 11:46 AM
I'd wait a while. Perhaps a month or two real time, just long enough for it to slip their mind so the surprise is even more surprising when she is whisked away in the middle of combat.

That's just my suggestion, though.

PetterTomBos
2011-03-20, 12:08 PM
An evil idea is to have them pay the 3 days offer consecutively. No breaks or stops for rest inbetween at all. Each day have them roll a fort save to avoid exhaustion, and if they fail that, another to avoid death. Death by snoo-snoo, anyone?:smallamused:

Hehehehe xD Missed that one! The fay promised for her to be physicall unharmed tho :/

Yeah, I'll let it be some time before doing anything about it. Fun thing is: the same fay owns her fear..

eggynack
2011-03-20, 07:19 PM
Hehehehe xD Missed that one! The fay promised for her to be physicall unharmed tho :/

Yeah, I'll let it be some time before doing anything about it. Fun thing is: the same fay owns her fear..

She didn't say anythng about being emotionally or mentally unharmed though.:smallamused: