PDA

View Full Version : Half Celestial Barbarian Runescarren Berserker

Lanfear
2011-03-20, 10:34 AM
Hello :)

can you please help me to optimize my Character?

we start to play the Legacy of Fire Adventure Path, using the Pathfinder Rules, including D&D Books of 3.5 D&D.
The basic creature is a human/half-celestial. we split the Boni of the class into 3 lvls (a bit like savage progression) and i take the first one at start (with all the benefits the class has to offer), a second one at lvl7/8 and the last one when hitting lvl13 (as the spells progress till lvl19).

That leaves me with 7 levels of Barabrian and 10 levels of Runescarred Berserker.
For the PrC, all abilities offered do full stack with the Barbarian Base Class, like DR, Rage and so on.

What i like to achive is a type of a mean "in ya' FACE"-Character. she will not be the diplomatic one in the group, she is the one who solves the problems when the talking is done (well, i dont plan to talk much anyways^^).
Runescarring will be a sort of Tattooing runes and stuff to her pale white skin.

as weapon i thought about a glaive guisame with a bit shorter stick, losing reach. but that has only style reasons. i just think that would look great.

can you please help me with the feats, skills and attributes, and all the other stuff?

thanks in advance!

SurlySeraph
2011-03-20, 12:30 PM
Sounds good. You'll be an excellent fighter and pretty good healer, plus the Runescars will give you some quite handy abilities later on.

Which Berserker Lodge feat you take depends what you want to do. If you want to go with a glaive, Wolf Berserker for better tripping ability is smart. Great Stag Berserker + Shock Trooper + Leap Attack is pretty standard for a charging-oriented build. Ettercap and Ice Troll don't have much point, since you're already very tough and resistant to poison.

Since you'll have excellent Charisma, you could take Intimidating Rage, Imperious Command, and the Never Outnumbered skill trick. You'll be able to reduce a bunch of enemies to cowering as a free action. However, that takes two feats, and you may want to use your feats only for breaking faces instead of for intimidating people.

Mojo_Rat
2011-03-21, 12:30 AM
if you are using Pf rules. I would highly recommend just straight barbarian some of the upper level rage powers are nice. plus ALOT of the totem powers need lvl 10

Lanfear
2011-03-21, 02:01 AM
the Runescarred Berserker had full rage progression in 3.5, so we take it as full rage progression in pathfinder too. i will get the rage powers even with the PrC :-D

Mojo_Rat
2011-03-21, 10:17 AM
isn't that kind of broken? prc don't usually steal a normal classes stuff that easily. though I'n that cast the progression outlined would be fine. would be no reason to do pure barbarian which Pf normally supports.