PDA

View Full Version : Any good game stores in DC?

Ozreth
2011-03-20, 11:01 AM
Gonna Br in dc today and would like to check out a game store, preferably something with used stuff (namely 3.x).

Thanks!

Tyndmyr
2011-03-20, 11:11 AM
Actually in DC, I don't know. That said, if you drive up a bit north of DC, you've got a solid game shop, The Family Game Store (http://www.familygamestore.net/), specializing in board games, in the Savage Mills Mall. Take either 95 or 295 north from DC, and turn onto 32, then onto 1 S, take the right at the wendys. I'm pretty sure they have no remaining 3.5, though, I've cleaned them out. I think it's about 20 minutes from the beltway. They also offer a 10% military discount, if that's of any help.

The best 3.5 shop(and used sourcebook shop) in the area is Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie, though. Decent play area on the second level, a coupla bookcases of out of print or obscure games. Typically a good mess of 3.5 in that. You can find it at:
7476 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
(410) 863-7418

If you find any other good ones in the area, please let me know. I know of a few comic shops, warhammer shops, and other associated nerd-places, but the supply of quality game stores is low.

Ozreth
2011-03-20, 11:21 AM
Ah bummer, I'm actually limited to the train in dc. Thanks for the info though : )

A place with used/rare video games would be cool too!

Tyndmyr
2011-03-20, 11:45 AM
Ah bummer, I'm actually limited to the train in dc. Thanks for the info though : )

A place with used/rare video games would be cool too!

Afraid I don't know DC proper well enough. I believe there's a comic shop in college park, which should be accessible via metro, then a bus hop, but it's been years since I've been there.

There are, of course, Gamestops at pretty much every mall in DC/maryland, though. I've seen true retro-game shops elsewhere, but I'd drop-kick a kitten to find a place here that sold actual NESes and the like.

My google-fu did find this (http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=game+shop&find_loc=Washington+D.C.,+DC), though. Some of them might be worthwhile.

dsmiles
2011-03-20, 12:14 PM
There's one in Woodbridge, and one in Fredricksburg, but from DC, they're not very accessible. I'm with Tyndmyr, I don't know DC very well.

Ozreth
2011-03-20, 01:24 PM
Bummer : /