PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime

Mando Knight
2011-03-20, 12:22 PM
Ponies aren't the only Hasbro franchise characters on the Hub (the channel is, after all, apparently controlled by the company). There's also Transformers (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TransformersPrime).

Other than Frank Welker and Peter Cullen voicing Megatron and Optimus Prime (respectively) once again, what does the Playground think of this series?

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2011-03-20, 12:28 PM
I spent the last week seriously grumped out at Teletoon for screwing up and failing last Sunday's broadcast of it. The first broadcast of what for me would be a new, non-pilot episode! Also, grumped out because of a pessimistic streak that figured they'd just skip the episode to 'stay on schedule' his week. Fortunately they had their heads on straight this week.

I don't have the Hub. I spend a lot of time grumped out at Teletoon.

Other than that I dig the show.

Prime32
2011-03-20, 02:03 PM
Saw the pilot, and calling a short-range Space Bridge a "Ground Bridge" makes me facepalm. (it joins two points in the groundtime continuum! :smalltongue:)

Tengu_temp
2011-03-20, 02:27 PM
Saw the pilot, and calling a short-range Space Bridge a "Ground Bridge" makes me facepalm. (it joins two points in the groundtime continuum! :smalltongue:)

Bad science? In my Transformers? This is an outrage!

Kris Strife
2011-03-20, 08:03 PM
I enjoy watching it, which honestly surprised me. Seems like the Hub is showing all sorts of awesome shows.

Otogi
2011-03-20, 08:05 PM
Bad science? In my Transformers? This is an outrage!

Ruined FOREVER?

DeltaEmil
2011-03-20, 08:22 PM
As a run-of-the-mill transformers-fan, I find Transformers Prime to be okay. Nothing that uber-special or so, not the bestest Transformers-Show ever or something similar like that.
The humans are either eh (Miko. They really need to stop making Miko some hyperactive Sari without any redeeming features), or okay (the two other boys). The adult one, Agent Fowler, is also on my okay-list for now.
I'm pretty sure that when Megatron wakes up, he'll hulk around, kills Starscream and then every Decepticon will whoon around how much more better Megatron is stuff, even although Starscream seems to behave competently and not "rargh-I-Megatron-rage-like-Grimlock"-stupid like his nominal leader is. Fortunately, Megatron's out of the blue for now, and even if Starscream gets hosed by the plot and bad luck, he at least poses some kind of threat.
I wonder what the human badguys will do.

Aside from that, the series so far just seems to be a more-serious CGI-version of Transformers Animated mixed with Bayformers.

I'll continue watching it, but the friday-highlights will be My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, followed by Young Justice and only then Transformers Prime.
Meaning that I first watch Transformers Prime to get over it, then watch the so far more enjoyable cartoon about the Justice League-juniors, and getting to the best stuff with watching whatever tiny ponies do for the day.

Obrysii
2011-03-22, 08:51 AM
I really love the voice work!

Peter Cullen as Optimus? Yay!
Steve Blum as Starscream? Yes please!
Frank Welker as Megatron? Heck yea!

Reverent-One
2011-03-22, 06:12 PM
As a run-of-the-mill transformers-fan, I find Transformers Prime to be okay. Nothing that uber-special or so, not the bestest Transformers-Show ever or something similar like that.

Pretty much my take on the show (though I'm more than a run-of-the-mill transformers-fan), it's on a par with Armada for me, not horrible, but not especially good either. I do find the combination of material from a number of different TF material interesting, Bulkhead from Animated, Dark Energon from War for Cybertron, and Optimus and Bumblebee from Bayformers (boo).

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-23, 08:27 AM
OK, so I know no-one who get's this channel. Someone mentioned Young Justic. Cartoon Network has always pikced up Transformer shows and it picked up Young Justice... Any chance Cartoon Network will pick this up?

Obrysii
2011-03-23, 08:29 AM
Any chance Cartoon Network will pick this up?

We can only hope.