PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Old. The start of something new.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-20, 05:17 PM
Chapter 1 Every Story Has A Beginning

It was a good day, at the turn of seasons winter was on the horizon and the small village you have been called to seems to be harvesting the crops almost leisurely, a different and nice change of pace from the usual oppressed slave labor of most cities. This city was small, but packed, all the people working together, but all looking as if they want to, the militia guarding the walls and gates, but smiling to you as you enter.

It doesn't take long to find the town hall, it's the only two story building in the city, it's built like a log cabin, probably having been built before the town proper. There is two men flanking the door, each holding a pike, with a sword at their hip, these men looked like trained professional soldiers, but still they smile at you as you walk past.

You're not really sure why Sir Dohn sent a letter to you, or why he asks of your assistance, but he does, and you found the offer at least worth listening to.

The foyer is mainly empty, there is a desk with a kind looking girl behind it, and 8 chairs at the walls, four on either side of the door.

chrisrawr
2011-03-20, 05:44 PM
Following the strange scent through the myriad of bustle that humanfolk called a town, Remus caught himself from stooping to fours and sniffing the ground. Wary, but noting the guards' friendly smiles*, he asks if he might step inside. "There's a... a sniff. A sniff from the door. Can I go? Can I go?"

Entering the foyer at the guards' welcome, the scent fills the room. Remus has to stop himself again from clambering to the floor and walls in order to pin-point the scent. He feels vulnerable without his family, but they are out hunting, and besides, knew better than to get caught up with humans and their towns. Deciding that the scent was strongest from the chairs along the wall, he gave a nervous glance at the receptionist, and then climbed atop a chair, squatting on the seat as others entered.

Silverking
2011-03-20, 06:57 PM
Whistling a merry tune that made the townsfolk's smiles even bigger, Talcom Flecher meandered through the town. Glancing down at the directions on Sir Dohn's letter, he finally stopped at the town hall's entrance. Smiling back at the guards, he shows them the letter before entering the building.

Approaching the desk girl, Talcom takes a quick glance at the strange druid sitting nearby. Greetings, Miss. I am Talcom Flecher, the bard. May I ask who you are?

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-20, 07:54 PM
The girl looks up, slightly startled. She smiles, shyly.
"I'm Larissa, you must be one of Sir Dohns guests, please take a seat, he'll be with you shortly."

Silverking
2011-03-20, 08:15 PM
Talcom walks to sit next to the druid, mumbling something about 18 charisma and no play. After a long silence, he turns and smiles at him.

chrisrawr
2011-03-20, 08:19 PM
"Arawrarawrawrwarawr," Remus agrees.

Silverking
2011-03-20, 08:43 PM
Whats that boy? Jimmy's stuck in a well? Talcom says.

GFawkes
2011-03-20, 10:22 PM
Clank walks up to the town hall, drawing lots of looks from the pedestrians. I guess giant metal humanoids aren't common around here he mentally muses. When he gets to the town hall, he waits for someone else to open the door before he slips in. Adamantine bodies don't grip door handles that gracefully. He goes to the front desk, and raises a letter in front of the receptionist. Clank isn't much for words.

Koretsu
2011-03-20, 11:18 PM
Valrea Greyiron darts through the streets. She frequently has to sidestep passing humans as they bustle about on their business. A look of wonder and excitement lights up her face as she looks around. Everyone's so friendly here!

Suddenly realizing she'd come to a stop, Val begins to move again, heading towards the town hall that she had been invited to in a letter. A letter! She'd never received a letter before, and didn't want to ruin the opportunity by showing up late for the invitation.

Redoubling her pace, she reaches the town hall, and stops for a moment to talk to the guards and the giant Warforged outside the door. "Hi! I was sent this letter and told to come here! Isn't this all just so exciting?" She heads inside, and peers around the room at the other occupants.

Standing between four and five feet tall, Val's stocky frame give her away as a dwarf. She looks particularly young for a dwarf, with fair skin that seems fairly untouched by the harsh conditions dwarves normally toil under. Her brown hair is cut short, falling to frame her jawline. She beams at the room's occupants with smiling eyes and walks into the room. Her clothes seem new, if a bit worn from travel, but remain fairly well cared for. She carries a satchel over her shoulder and a backpack across her back. On her belt is a knife and a small hand axe.

Pausing in wide-eyed wonder at the wild man, she walks up to the receptionist and proudly brandishes the letter. Being told to take a seat, she crosses the room and moves towards the wild man and the gnome.

"Hi, there! I'm Valrea Greyiron! Did you both get letters too? This is great!"

She sits down, reaches into her satchel, and withdraws a sprig of leaves. Placing an end in her mouth, she begins to idly chew on one end while she eyes the three others with a wide-eyed wonder.

chrisrawr
2011-03-21, 06:25 PM
"Letters?" Remus acted confused. It wasn't hard, because he was confused. "Letters, no. I followed a sniff. The sniff's in here but I can't find it. Lots of sniffs now." He paused as his stomach growled, and he frowned. "Sniffs isn't food, but catching it makes hungers..."

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 06:38 PM
She looks at him sympathetically. "I'm sorry. I don't really have any food..."

She looks down at her satchel and her eyes light up. "But I've got some of this that I bought! Want some?" she offers the druid a sprig similar to the one she is chewing on. "I bought it from the alchemist over on the other side of town. Him-lock, I think he called it?"

chrisrawr
2011-03-21, 06:47 PM
(Knowledge nature and survival to see if I know what it is. Reply pending results.)

Knowledge Nature[roll0]
Survival[roll1]

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 07:10 PM
(Knowledge nature and survival to see if I know what it is. Reply pending results.)

Knowledge Nature[roll0]
Survival[roll1]

I assume you know enough with that survival to recognize hemlock (and not to eat it). :smalleek:

Silverking
2011-03-21, 07:48 PM
Talcom smiled at the dwarf. Hi Valrea, I'm Talcom. Pleasure to meet you. I did received a letter, and I think its safe to assume our "furry" friend here was also invited. After the comment about the alchemist, his eyes lit up. Like most gnomes, he had a knack for it. Do you mean, hemlock?

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 07:53 PM
Val beams and offers a sprig to the gnome. "That's what he called it! Want some?"

Silverking
2011-03-21, 08:04 PM
Talcom winks at the dwarf. I could never take anything from a sweet young maiden!

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 08:10 PM
"Suit yourself." she shrugs. "Why do you think we were invited here?"

El_Pablo
2011-03-21, 09:09 PM
Leon walks out of the general store stuffing a new winter blanket and outfit into his backpack. The chill had begun to be a bother at night. He had tried wearing his armor because it always made him sweat, but the metal just got even colder. He was happy to find something that fit well. He hoisted his pole over his shoulder with his food sack slung from it. The country boy smiled broadly at the guards as they let him into the town hall.
He looked around at the curious fellows gathered in the hall, but walked up to the young lady sitting behind the counter.
"Excuse me. I got a letter asking me to come here by Sir Dohn? Oh, yes, i can take a seat." Leon takes the seat closest to the corner propping his pole up against the wall. He smiles broadly at the others already waiting. "How long is the wait?"

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 09:28 PM
Val smiles up at the large man while continuing to chew on the end of her sprig of hemlock. "Dunno. I only just got here myself. I hope it's not long. I wanted to go back to that alchemy shop before they closed tonight." She whispers excitedly to anyone who will listen, "He said he could show me some new mixtures that he was working on!"

After a few moments, she adds, "I'm Valrea Greyiron, by the way. Have you ever met Sir Dohn before? Any idea why we're here?"

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-21, 10:08 PM
As you sit around for a few minutes and chat the clerk walks into a back room, and a minute later she returns, "Sir Dohn will see you now. If you would all follow me." She smiles as she speaks to you all, and then turns and walks into the back room.

Silverking
2011-03-21, 10:30 PM
Talcom stands up, and waits for everyone else to follow before doing so himself.

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 11:02 PM
Val jumps up excitedly and follows along.

GFawkes
2011-03-21, 11:09 PM
Clank follows, carefully trying not to break anything or step on anything too important. Despite his best efforts, he manages to dent a cross-beam in the ceiling when he stands up straight.

chrisrawr
2011-03-22, 12:09 AM
The scent's potency crystallized once more, and Remus followed the rest of the gathering along its trail.

El_Pablo
2011-03-22, 06:28 AM
"Hello, Valrea. The name's Leon." He offers to extend a hand just before the young clerk announces Sir Dohn's arrival. He smiles at the dwarf and mouths talk later. The young man pulls his pale blonde hair back, trying to tame the shagginess of travel back into a loose ponytail with a simple cord. Leon's pack makes a large jangling as he shoulders it, his scale armor rattling against the axe head underneath the cloak he had lain over his war gear as to not upset the town folk.
The paladin throws his pack over one shoulder and his pole over the other. A smile of gratitude beams at Talcom who was still waiting for the slowest in the room. At least whomever this Sir Dohn was, he kept polite company.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-22, 02:31 PM
The clerk leads you upstairs, to what is essentially a large open room, with a broom closet. In the middle is a large table and on the other side, an even larger Orc, on the orcs right side there is a minotaur, and on the orcs left a dwarf.

The clerk steps forward, "Sir Dohn, your guests are here." after speaking she turns and heads back downstairs.

The large orc looks up, his face clean shaven, with a scar across his lips, causing them to join unevenly. He smiles at you all, and asks the two men beside him to give you all a few minutes. After they leave he looks at you all again, "Come please, if you could all circle the table."

(The table is easily big enough to fit three of you on each side.)

GFawkes
2011-03-22, 04:25 PM
Clank moves cautiously towards the table, keeping a hand on the hilt of his sword and producing a deep wwwrrrrrrrrrr from his body.

chrisrawr
2011-03-22, 04:48 PM
Noting the size of the orc and the direction of the scent as he walks to the table, Remus eventually nods to himself. "You maked the sniff? Is good sniff, but I'm hunger. What make sniff? What you want?"

Koretsu
2011-03-22, 05:23 PM
For the briefest moment, Val hesitates upon seeing the Orc and the Dwarf seated next to each other at the table, but upon seeing the others take seats, she follows suit, taking a chair next to the friendly blonde human. She looks nervous and fidgets uncomfortably, before taking the letter out of her satchel and laying it in front of her on the table, as if to remind herself why she was there.

Silverking
2011-03-22, 05:24 PM
Talcom walks to the seat to the orc's right, quietly sitting. He knew better than to make an overeager introduction before the original quest giver introduced himself.

El_Pablo
2011-03-22, 09:01 PM
Leon's fidgeted a little bit uncomfortably. Here was standing before him a crooked mouthed orc asking him to sit like dinner... with a minotaur! The young clerk lady seemed perfectly comfortable with their presence, and the dwarf was quiet, but ,if he remembered correctly, most dwarves would often take an axe to an orc as soon as spit at them. Well, the dwarf seemed pretty calm, the orc was addressed with a noble title, and, well.... He had such nice penmanship. Leon lay his things down across the leftside wall, and, again, propped his pole up in the corner. He held out a chair for the short rogue, and let her sit down before taking a seat next to her. He was almost suitably calm when the giant metal tree started whirring... Leon's brow slowly rose with the akwardness of the situation.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-22, 10:31 PM
Sir Dohn looks at you all, "My gratitude to you all that you could make the journey, and safely!" He chuckles slightly, "I figured you would, you're all proven in skill, of this I know. But where are my manners? I am Sir Dohn, a Knight of the silver order. I've called you all here for a reason, you see, the tyrant king is growing stronger, men of action like myself, and you, women of action aswell Mi'Lady, are in short supply. I've called you here because you are most likely the final line. The ones who will resist. It is with you that the free world places it's faith. I don't want to throw a lot of pressure on you, but it seems I must." Sir Dohn signals and the Dwarf and Minotaur walk back in, finding a free spot and joining the conversation.

The dwarf speaks up, in an irish sounding accent, "The names Ironforge, Derkk Ironforge."

The minotaur follows suit, his voice monotone, "Haldred"

Sir Dohn stretches, his back cracking, "We three are what's left of the Silver Order. We three must pass out knowledge onto you, should you so chose, so that you may finally, stop what most would believe unstoppable."

chrisrawr
2011-03-22, 11:00 PM
Remus waited for a minute, as if pondering. Then, he hummed a bit as well. More of a whine, really. After several seconds of whining, he became silent, focused. Carefully choosing his words, as if learning their meanings and tasting them on his tongue for the first time, he says, "I'm going to need my family. We're going to help. There is no leader of all packs. It is abomination." When he finished, he collapsed into himself a little, his eyes seeming duller, and the whine returned.

El_Pablo
2011-03-23, 06:59 AM
"I am Leon. Nice to meet you Haldred, Derrk, and Sir Dohn. I don't really follow." A small frown formed under a troubled brow, "but, you are right that someone needs to stand up to the tyrant king. If you know someway to do that then I am all ears." He tried sitting up straight and proper like his Ma taught him, but Leon ended up leaning his elbows foward on the table as he tried best to remember everything about to be said.

Silverking
2011-03-23, 06:09 PM
Talcom sat quietly for a second, the gears in his head turning furiously. After his pause, he uttered a single sentence. I, Talcom Flecher, am in.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 09:01 PM
Valrea considers for a moment. "You're knights? And you're fighting your king? Like outlaws?" Val asks, her eyes widen with surprise and awe, before squinting in confusion. "Can you do that?"

GFawkes
2011-03-24, 12:38 AM
Clank removes his hand from his sword, and places it on the table. In a deep, metallic voice, he utters two words: I'll help.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-24, 02:07 PM
"He is not our king, he is a tyrant! He rules over this land unjustly. We are knights of the true king! We will no longer settle for his tyrannic ideals. We have to start small, but we will overthrow him, and place upon the throne an heir worthy of ruling." Sir Dohn lowers his head, "We've lost too many good men fighting this war, and it's high time he paid for his evil." He then turns to Remus, "The skills of a family such as your own, are fully deserving of helping. Bring them as you please."

chrisrawr
2011-03-24, 02:38 PM
Remus nods at the orc, and then bolts out of his chair, towards the door, out of the building, out of the town. He races through the forest to his den place. There, he lets up an urgent cry, and then another, and another. His cries are soon joined by the howls of his pack, closer at each instance. Remus spots his Wolfbrother first, and - after a brief meeting of eyes - begins his sprint back to town.

Soon joined by four wolves, all easily keeping pace despite his reckless charge, he rushes back into town. Bypassing angry farmers, and then the more frequent (and more alarmed) angry townsfolk, he barges back into the building he'd left just minutes before. Panting heavily, he helps his family up the stairs, re-seating himself at his still-ajar place around the table.

A grin more wolf than human splits his face, as he intones, "Family hear for self, so family here for self. Two-legs ask for wise help is..." He gestured, lost for words, "Is shiny. Is... treasure!"

Silverking
2011-03-24, 05:29 PM
Talcom furrowed his brow, mouthing Remus's words. He was sure he said something, but not quite what... Maybe... A thought occurs in Talcom's mind. *"My family heard me, so they are here to help me. You made a wise desision asking for our help. Its like treasure!"*

El_Pablo
2011-03-24, 09:33 PM
The commotion in the room distracted Leon from something he was trying to remember. The iron man's voice was almost as unexpected as his agreement to help. The young well-spoken man also declared his noble intentions which was a pleasing attribute in new allies. However, the reverent warrior wasn't quick enough to notice the nice dwarf never agreed to help, but he seemed to trust her anyway. He expected she would have said more had the shaggy strange boy not returned with a pack of wolves both frightening and well behaved. Something about his comments itched in his mind.

Family? That was it. Leon leaned forward even harder onto the edge of the table. "You know the location of the lost sons? or the heirs of those heirs? The old king's family can be restored?! That is the greatest news I could have prayed for! Why do more people not know?"

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-24, 09:48 PM
"We know they exist, but they have many, many enemies, we are not sure of their location, not yet, but we think we know, and this is a thing best kept secret to avoid... Repercussions..."

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 11:11 PM
Val glances between the men discussing secret sons and lost kingdoms with a look of confusion. "Um... I'm a little lost, here. What secret sons? I'm not sure I follow."

El_Pablo
2011-03-24, 11:30 PM
Leon whipped his head around so fast the loose ponytail he had tied started to come undone. Upon seeing Valrea's face, he paused for a second. "Well, I guess it is thought of somewhat as more legend than fact, but there is a strong belief that the current tyrant on the throne and all his ancestors have been illegitimate. You see a long time ago the kingdom was full of fairness, justice, and powerful heroes, things that all disappeared under the lineage of tyrant kings. The current royal family only came to power when when the old king's line, sometimes called the gold kings for golden age kings, ended. Except, it didn't, not really, when the old king died, he had two sons remaining, but, neither took the throne, and the tyrannical family we have now rose instead."
"Many of the history books can't list what happened to them. Many speculated the tyrant who rose at that time had them killed, but, then, there would have been a big fight to show for it. Instead, nothing. Some stories say the heirs married in secret, and have preserved the line among the common people. If Sir Dohn is right, then the stories are true. Finding the heirs would mean the throne could be retaken by the old, good family. That king could turn the face of this kingdom away from such darkness and into Pelor's light!" Leon sank back in his chair exhausted from the effort of speaking so much and so fervently. His breath came back to him slowly as his excitement finally passed its climax.

Silverking
2011-03-25, 06:58 PM
Talcom's brow managed to furrow even more. "Excuse me, but how is it possible for you to know this when we ... just .... got here?"

El_Pablo
2011-03-25, 09:15 PM
Still sitting back in his chair a little deflated, Leon turns to look at Talcom, "I was taught as much by the priest of Pelor who gave me my schooling. He always gave me books about the nobles, kings, and heroes of the kingdom. Those stories were always my favorites." Then, a quizzical look crossed his face. "I mean that's just royal history. I'm not the only one who knew that, right?" The country lad scans the faces of those called in as Sir Dohn's guests.

chrisrawr
2011-03-25, 09:28 PM
Remus and his wolves share a grin, and Remus adds, "Knowmuch, Talkmuch."

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-27, 12:14 PM
"Your first night will be paid in full, the Inn has rooms waiting, tomorrow you'll leave, headed off to the Tower of Nightrabrind."

chrisrawr
2011-03-27, 01:36 PM
Remus snarls and wuffs with his canine companions in translation. He turns to Dohn, and asks, "Dang varmints come from beyond fields, nofood nohunt when come. Take food and scram to denplace?"

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-27, 05:22 PM
Sir Dohn looks at Remus, a puzzled look across his face. "I'm sorry, are you asking if you can take some food, back to your den?"

chrisrawr
2011-03-27, 05:30 PM
Remus tilts his head to one side, repeating, "Yes food and scram. No dang varmints in manplaces. Too clean, no good sniffs."

Silverking
2011-03-27, 05:53 PM
Seems like someone has been dealing with quite a few farmers, Remarked Talcom offhandedly in reference to Remus's association of wolves with what farmers will frequently call them. Thank you for your hospitality, Sir Dohn.

El_Pablo
2011-03-27, 10:42 PM
Leon listens to Remus' strange talking, and chuckles outwardly. With an uncontrollable grin still splayed on his face, Leon speaks up, "I think he wants to know if you will feed the wolves, too." Then, the contry boy looked again at the well armored orc, and his composure returned. "I appreciate the room. The road has been long."
The warrior stood up trying to look as serious as the situation warranted. He began to collect his things from around the room. Shouldering his pole once more, Leon made his way to the door and looked at the friendly dwarf, "You coming?"

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-27, 11:08 PM
"You're welcome children, might your night go well. As for you Remus, give us a minute, and I can help you."

Sir Dohn then waves a hand, and the Dwarf, and Minotaur walk off down the stairs and toward the barracks.
"If you need me you'll be able to find me here most of the night."

With that Sir Dohn waves a hand for Remus to follow and heads off downstairs.

chrisrawr
2011-03-27, 11:23 PM
Remus follows eagerly, his lupine family crowding him at the doors.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-28, 02:01 PM
Dohn walks into the cellar which is really a storeroom, and returns a few minutes later with a bag, stained with blood, and smelling deeply of salt, smoke, and fresh meat.
"Here ya are Remus, this should be enough for the lot of you to last the night."

chrisrawr
2011-03-28, 04:19 PM
Remus reaches for the bag, but, with a manic glint in his eyes, Biryuk closes his jaws on it first, running off back to the forest. If the stairs hadn't given him such trouble, he would've gotten away - but Farkas was after him almost immediately, snatching the bag for himself, wolfish grins and deep noises that could only be laughter coming from Winri and Fulmi. Remus runs after them, shouting curses in wolfish. He yells his gratitude back at Sir Dohn, "Thankmuch eatmuch!" before exiting the building and once again startling the gentle townsfolk, as a wild man and a pack of wolves tear through the town.

Silverking
2011-03-28, 04:32 PM
Talcom walks in front of Leon, making a similar gesture to the dwarf maiden. After you.

Koretsu
2011-03-28, 07:01 PM
After the Human's prompting, Val jumps down from the chair she sat in, and follows him to the door. She smiles happily at the paladin, proclaiming "This is exciting! Does this kinda thing happen often with humans?"

GFawkes
2011-03-29, 03:39 PM
Clank follows (relatively) silently, processing all the information he's just recieved. He comes to a quick realization, and heads back to Sir Dohn. What is the Tower of Nightrabrind? he asks.

El_Pablo
2011-03-30, 03:53 AM
"This is exciting! Does this kinda thing happen often with humans?"

Leon starts heading out the door behind the dwarf with a smile to the very polite Talcom. "Well," the paladin begins to speak as Remus' pack begins to charge through the hall. As teh wolves fill the hall, Leon flattens himself against a wall to avoid getting bowled over. After he watches the wolf boy scamper off with his pack, he begins again. "I really don't know Valrea. Teaching for me was from either a holy book or stories about the ruling families. So," his straw hair whips back and forth as he shakes his head, "what goes on in the rest of the kingdom is a bit of a mystery to me too. What about you Talcom? You seem well travelled?"
The simple country boy continues to walk outside. He lets the weariness of his feet, and the hunger in his belly lead him toward the inn expecting the sound of merriment and the smell of a cooked meal to guide him.

chrisrawr
2011-04-01, 09:04 PM
*munch munch munch*

KingOfLaughter
2011-04-02, 10:28 PM
As Remus scatters off into the wilderness, and the rest of the party heads off to the inn, comically named the 'Inn In an Inn' the sun sets in the distance.

The Inn itself is just starting to fill up, and the owner is preparing for his nights work. There's a few men and women, and apparently children though they might just be halflings, sitting at a large corner booth, there is also a shadowed booth in the back corner with a curtain half drawn blocking sight to most of the booth.

Silverking
2011-04-03, 03:23 PM
Frowning at Leon in the Inn's dim torch glow, Talcom shook his head. I'm sorry, friend, but there was very little lore telling of this. Besides a few children's songs, which basically said the same thing that Dohn told us, they were probably extinguished by the government. Talcom narrowed his eyes at the shrouded booth, and motioned for Leon to follow him to the bartender. Politely waving him down with a piece of gold, Talcom politely attempts to gain information from him.

(Not sure which roll I need)

Gather info: [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1]

GFawkes
2011-04-03, 09:28 PM
Thinking in public interest, Clank opts to wait outside. Something about a 362 pound six-and-a-half foot tall metal man walking around in a crowded room full of small humanoids seems like a bad idea.

Holy Crap. I just crunched the numbers, and when Clank runs at full speed (60 ft/6 seconds --> 3 m/s), he has 738 joules of kinetic energy :smalleek:. Anything he bullrushes or charges will have the consistency of chunky salsa when the dust clears.

El_Pablo
2011-04-04, 05:12 AM
Leon follows Talcom up to the bar, and listens as the bard begins to expertly schmooze the ale pourer. The warrior has a little trouble keeping up with the fast paced banter of the more suave human. A little lost, Leon tries to make himself more useful. He finds the innkeep to inquire about the rooms asking for one with a locked chest and key. Offers are made to carry any gear to be stowed, and, upon his return, Leon tries to find and set up a table to accomadate two humans, a dwarf, and a metal-tree.... thing. He will also order dinner after sticking his head outside, and inquiring to Clank, "Hey, ummm... steelent guy. What do you eat?"
A smile crosses Leon's face as he thinks of enjoying a nice hot meal with new friends. I wonder if they have any good wine?

KingOfLaughter
2011-04-04, 02:11 PM
The bartender looks at the bard, "What can I do ya for?"

Rooms are paid for, the doors and windows of the rooms themselves lock, however none contain locking chests.

Silverking
2011-04-05, 04:42 PM
Darn, I was hoping the dice could do the talking...

Talcom smiles at the man. I'm new in town, and was wondering if you could tell me a little about your fine establishment.

KingOfLaughter
2011-04-05, 07:56 PM
"Family owned for a few generations. Tis the pride of my family." The bartender smiles as he talks, but keeps cleaning glasses.

Silverking
2011-04-05, 08:16 PM
Talcom leans on the counter. What kind of people do you have pass through here?

Koretsu
2011-04-05, 08:55 PM
Val follows the paladin, and eagerly helps him get the table situated. "Oh, man. I'm starving!". As she waits for a server, she looks to Leon. "So, what's this tower that we're supposed to go to?" she asks as she flags down a serving girl, and orders a strong drink and some meats, bread, and cheese.

KingOfLaughter
2011-04-05, 09:01 PM
"Well just about anyone who walks on through town, it's not the greatest way to earn a living, not much traffic, everyones too scared to do nothing but listen to ye high ole master of death." The bartender leans in, "But, that's why we're resisting him, fighting back!"

Silverking
2011-04-05, 09:50 PM
Talcom's eyes widened. Master of Death? You mean the corrupted king?

KingOfLaughter
2011-04-05, 10:10 PM
"One in the same lad, one in the same"

El_Pablo
2011-04-06, 06:36 AM
Leon sits down a the table he got situated: two regular chairs for himself and Talcom, a bar chair foir the dwarf, and a bench seat for the metal man. For the food, the paladin just smiles, "Bring me whatever's hot."
An eyebrow gets raised at little Valrea's drink order, but a dwarf is a dwarf no matter how small. "I don't know anything about that tower of Nightbrining. I figure Sir Dohn will tell us in the morning. Though, that Talcom maybe asking the bartender about that right now. You know I never asked the metal tree if it knew anything about it either."

Silverking
2011-04-06, 06:08 PM
Talcom nodded his head. Formalities aside, he changed the subject. Just wondering, do you think we could get that booth with the curtain?

chrisrawr
2011-04-06, 07:15 PM
In a small clearing around a large tree, a gangly youth and four wolves partake of a large, bloody chunk of meat - venison, from the taste. The boy is holding the main mass of meat high above his head, laughing as he dangles it away from the wolves' inspired bounds. They circle him, and then disappear into the shadows surrounding the grove...

Remus smiles - He's been trying to teach them this for ease of hunting - they'll do it to bring down big quarry, like moose or bear, but seem to forget how well it works against smaller food. And it would be useful against man, too. A leaf flutters, a branch snags on fur, and he ducks to the side as a wolf springs as if launched from the foliage. As if on cue, though cue could never match the speed of instinct with which it happened, another wolf from another direction, narrowly avoided - and then a third, a fourth, and the first wolf again all pile upon Remus, pinning him with lolling tongues, and feral grins, and wagging tails.

Trying to teach them "Ambush" (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031125a) DC 15. [roll0]

In addition, can Remus's little hideaway eventually be his druid's grove? It's basically just a large tree in the center of a clearing with a burrow dug in between two large roots. I don't actually know anything about druids groves :I

KingOfLaughter
2011-04-06, 07:22 PM
"Oh no, that booth is reserved, sorry sir."

To Chris, probably.

Silverking
2011-04-07, 06:13 PM
Might I ask to who?

KingOfLaughter
2011-04-09, 04:41 PM
"Didn't give a name, just paid and left."

El_Pablo
2011-04-09, 07:38 PM
Leon begins to munch as plates of food start to accrue on the table. He had wanted to wait for the bard, but Talcom was still busy with the barkeep. So, he kept his attention with the dwarf at the able. "So, Valrea, tell me about yourself. I have only met a few hill folk growing up in the flatlands. What do you like to do?"

Silverking
2011-04-10, 12:49 AM
I see. Well, thank you anyway! Talcom takes his leave, and approaches the table. His belly rumbles as he stares at a necessity he hasn't had all day.

GFawkes
2011-04-10, 01:51 AM
Clank, feeling a little bit of seperation anxiety, goes against logic and heads inside, carefully avoiding any other humanoids in there. Crouching by the table (he'd probably break a chair), he joins the party.

KingOfLaughter
2011-04-10, 10:53 PM
As the party sits to eat, two large figures clad in armor walk in and immediately walk upstairs, disappearing into the rooms above.

Silverking
2011-04-11, 04:25 PM
Huh, seems that we aren't the only adventurers here. What do you think, Leon?

El_Pablo
2011-04-12, 07:37 AM
Leon was grinning as he poured out cups of wine. "My pa always says that good times call for a toast, and since we're all here..." The country boy stopped as he registered the bard's words. He looked at the two heavily armed warriors as they went up the stairs in the inn. The grin slowly faded into a scowl. Leon very slowly shook his head, "They could be knights of the crown or those hunted by them. Could be trouble." Leon looked down at the padded armor he had kept on, having left his gear upstairs. A sigh escaped as any good times became alot more unlikely.

Silverking
2011-04-12, 04:50 PM
Perhaps someone should go check on them? Talcom mumbled, hoping someone a little bit quieter than himself was up to the job.

GFawkes
2011-04-12, 08:24 PM
Clank stares in thought for a few seconds, a lone gear making a low whrrrr, then he speaks. "I'll go. I can excuse myself by needing replacement parts." Before anyone else can react, Clank stands up and walks upstairs.

Silverking
2011-04-12, 09:00 PM
After loseing his voice for several seconds at the absurdity of the idea, Talcom managed to squeak, Quiet includes loud clanking sounds!

KingOfLaughter
2011-04-14, 08:15 PM
As Clank proceeds up the stairs he doesn't notice the men, and the hall itself is empty.

(Spot checks from everyone in the bar itself.)

El_Pablo
2011-04-14, 09:35 PM
Leon shrugs a little at Talcom and Clank. "Well, he is the only one wearing armor." The lack of equipment starts to put a small chill on a long hike up the paladin's back. With a fidget, Leon lifts his leg, and drops a hand to feel the small dagger he always carries. The heightened sense of alert forces a double take of the inn.

Spot check:[roll0]

chrisrawr
2011-04-14, 09:43 PM
As Clank proceeds up the stairs he doesn't notice the men, and the hall itself is empty.

(Spot checks from everyone in the bar itself.)

As a general note, could you roll our passive checks? It makes the game progress oh so much faster :smallbiggrin:

Silverking
2011-04-15, 05:04 PM
As Talcom takes a sip of water, his eyes widen. This place suddenly feels very ominous to him, and he scans the room for a reason.

SPOT: [roll0]