PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Reis (Koretsu)

Leewei
2011-03-20, 05:55 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||N|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM Notes:Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282211)

Koretsu
2011-03-20, 10:37 PM
Wheee! Got a couple changed made you should be aware of. Swapped Fire Elf as race for Lesser Tiefling. Also, I discovered that I can't take the Brawler trait if I have Improved Unarmed Strike, so I'm swapping that with Nightsighted.

Taking this opportunity to establish my character's normal method of moving through the dungeon:

Reis carries no light source on him. In the event that he encounters a light source, he takes the opportunity to extinguish it, after performing a search check to check for traps.
Reis moves slowly and methodically through the dungeon corridors. He uses his 10-foot poll to probe the areas ahead of him. Every 5 feet, Reis performs a search check on the next square. (Taking 10 - 18 total)
Reis moves quietly through the dungeon corridor. He always makes Move Silently checks when moving through the dungeon.
Reis performs a search check on every door prior to opening it.
Reis is always in Martial Spirit stance.

*rummages through computer* Now then, let's see if this map is still accurate... And if I can remember what's in the rooms...

I'll extinguish the torch, and search the square with the door for traps. Assuming I don't find any, I'll go out, and walk 30 feet east. Assuming there's a door there, I'll search it for traps and open it (if none are found) as quietly as possible.

Search (the first door): [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Search (theoretical door): [roll2]
Move Silently (The door): [roll3]

...Bernie?

Initiative: [roll4]

Leewei
2011-03-20, 10:53 PM
I'll begin running in earnest tomorrow. Meanwhile, what source book is Lesser Tiefling from and what are its traits? Also, are you a NED veteran? I don't recall seeing you play this previously. Last question -- what does your stance do?

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 05:21 PM
I'll begin running in earnest tomorrow. Meanwhile, what source book is Lesser Tiefling from and what are its traits? Also, are you a NED veteran? I don't recall seeing you play this previously. Last question -- what does your stance do?

Lesser Tiefling is in Player's Guide to Faerun. They're as tieflings, but with the following trait:

Planetouched: Planetouched are humanoids (not outsiders) with the planetouched subtype. They are susceptible to all spells and effects that specifically target both Humanoids and Outsiders. Charm Person works against them, as does banishment. This trait replaces the outsider entry in each planetouched description.

I've played NED before a few years back. Managed to clear the first floor with a Warblade/Crusader after a number of failed attempts vs. Burny Bernie. Promptly died at the entrance to the second floor, however. Prior to that, I managed to (Barely) squeak through with a Favored Soul/Sorcerer with enough investment in the Fey Heritage bloodline for DR3/Cold Iron. I'd jump right to level 2, but there's a bit of a reward for working through the first floor first. Plus, it's an excellent way to test the design before getting into things that are even meaner.

As for Martial Spirit, it's a Devoted Spirit stance. It reads as follows:
While you are in Martial Spirit stance, you or an ally within 30 feet heals 2 points of damage each time you make a successful melee attack. This healing represents flavor text, blah, blah, blah...
Each time you hit your opponent in melee, you can choose a different recipient to receive this healing.

Leewei
2011-03-21, 05:30 PM
Okay, thanks!

You'll spot a series of pressure plates on the walls and ceiling, then trigger a pit trap that you didn't see by prodding with your 10' pole.

Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||L||
4|||||
5|||||[/table]
There are doors at A5 south and E1 north.
In the room there is an ugly looking, blue scaled, lizard thing with fire in it's mouth!
Initiative: [roll0]

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 05:42 PM
Ah, the memories come flooding back. Charge. :smallamused:

Making a melee touch attack to hit Bernie for a grapple.

[roll0] vs. Bernie's flat-footed touch AC.
On success: Initiating an opposed grapple check
[roll1]
On success: Deal unarmed damage
[roll2] (Spending an Inspiration Point for damage)

"Hi, Bernie. How's the kids?"

Leewei
2011-03-21, 05:49 PM
He's staggered.

He blasts you with:
[roll0]
1=Acid
2=Cold
3=Electrical
4=Fire
... for [roll1] /2 damage (Reflex halves again)
If this damages you, it persists for [roll2] rounds, dealing damage of the same type:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

He then collapses into a bloody heap, dying. 150xp and chainmail for you!

Edit: Formatting to show various effects. Also, ouch! on the breath type, duration and damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 05:56 PM
Figures it'd be acid. =/ Adding an inspiration point to my save to half the 1 damage (Thus negating it).

[roll0]

If I fail, I'll hit the negative hitpoint (but not dead) Burnie with Crusader's Strike.

To hit: (Auto-success)
Damage: 3 (Minimum)
Restore [roll1] hit points.

I'll hit him twice more for minimum damage after that to bring him to -10 and restore another 4 hit points over the following 2 rounds.

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 06:03 PM
Recovering expended inspiration points.

With that, I'll head back west, turning south, and stopping at the door.

Search the door for traps: [roll0]
Move Silently to open the door: [roll1]

I don't quite remember this one...

Initiative: [roll2]

Leewei
2011-03-21, 06:06 PM
Figures it'd be acid. =/ Adding an inspiration point to my save to half the 1 damage (Thus negating it).

[roll0]

If I fail, I'll hit the negative hitpoint (but not dead) Burnie with Crusader's Strike.

I'll hit him twice more for minimum damage after that to bring him to -10 and restore another 4 hit points over the following 2 rounds.

Unless you have Evasion or a similar trait, the minimum damage is actually 1. You'll need to somehow heal up in a couple of rounds before the acid finishes you off.

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 06:17 PM
Unless you have Evasion or a similar trait, the minimum damage is actually 1. You'll need to somehow heal up in a couple of rounds before the acid finishes you off.

Ah, lame. In that case, I'll use Crusader Strike after the first secondary damage, as described above. Note that my higher initiative count means I can act before the damage in each round.

Round 0: 9/10 HP
Round 1: 10/10 HP (Ready Crusader's Strike for when I take ongoing damage)
Round 2: 6/10 HP (Ready an attack for after I take damage)
Round 3: 2/10 HP (Higher initiative means I can act first to get myself to 8 HP before being staggered from the ongoing damage)
Round 4: 1/10 HP (Burnie is dead, and thus I don't gain 2 hp)

EDIT: Math fail! I took 8 damage from one of those, for some reason. :smallredface:

EDIT EDIT: Burnie's dead before round 4. >.>

I'll use my Wand of Lesser Vigor, let it run it's course, and then proceed with the actions described above.

Leewei
2011-03-21, 09:54 PM
Crusader's Strike

"... [The targeted] foe must pose a threat to you or your allies in some direct, immediate way ..."

Granted, the lingering entangling breath is chewing you up alive, even if Bernie is down and bleeding out, so I'll let that slide. How do you recover the maneuver after the first use? As I understand it, you need to wait for the end of the encounter, i.e. after the breath attack has worn off.

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 10:15 PM
Right, I have to wait for the end of the encounter, so I use it once and then bank on the stance for the rest of the hit points. (And yeah, this is one of those rare situations where I'll try and heal with Crusader's Strike outside of the actual fight).

Leewei
2011-03-21, 10:45 PM
All righty. 11hp from the wand of lesser vigor along with the other measures would save your bacon. How do you activate the wand? As I understand it, Crusader's Strike will get you 1d6 HP. Did you roll that somewhere?

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 10:59 PM

[roll0]

My initial post with the saving throw had the roll.

1d6 + 1 (Initiator Level) + 2 (Martial Stance).

The wand is being activated with the Use Magic Device skill. Taking 20 to activate it.

Leewei
2011-03-21, 11:11 PM
Since a natural 1 has consequences, no taking 20 on UMD.

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 11:30 PM
Since a natural 1 has consequences, no taking 20 on UMD.

*checks PHB* Huh... Didn't know that was a rule... Nat 1's on skill checks don't usually mean auto-failure. :smallconfused:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Success on a 20. Locked the wand on a 3. (Note to self: Buy wands with individual charges)...

Koretsu
2011-03-21, 11:54 PM
Recovering expended inspiration points.

With that, I'll head back west, turning south, and stopping at the door.

Search the door for traps: [roll0] (1d20+8)[24]
Move Silently to open the door: [roll1] (1d20+7)[19]

I don't quite remember this one...

Initiative: [roll2] (1d20+9)[10]

With that out of the way, going to resume the above course of action.

Leewei
2011-03-22, 05:04 AM
Yeah, UMD is a weird one. I'm pretty sure "1" isn't auto-failure, however it does remove that item from use for the rest of the day. Good thought regarding wands with 1 charge each. You can also drop them after using them and completely disregard them thereafter.

Discover a pit with careful probing, then hop over it.

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||||B|H[/table]
There is a door at A-2, another at E-4, south side and another at E-3. There is a human wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.
Initiative:[roll0]

Edit: The human motions to the beast to "stay", then readies an action while motioning for you to leave.

Koretsu
2011-03-22, 05:18 PM
"Ah, right."

Move into the room to C-1 while drawing my shortbow, and fire a shot at the human, ignoring the beast.

[roll0] (Inspiration Point to attack)
[roll1] (Inspiration Point to damage)

"The Illusionist." :smallamused:

Leewei
2011-03-23, 06:07 AM
His readied action triggers. He takes a 5-foot step and blasts you with color spray. Will save, please.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 05:41 PM
Will Save: [roll0]

Finger's crossed!

EDIT: *Facepalm* Wanna start again from this room, or shall I go through Burnie again first?

EDIT EDIT: Ah, hindsight, you fickle minx, you. Just figured out how I should have gone about this fight. :smallyuk:

Leewei
2011-03-23, 06:14 PM
Let's see the outcome. If he wins, you can restart.

Unconscious, Blinded, Stunned [roll0] rounds.
CDG #1: [roll1] (min 1; Fort save 10+damage needed)
CDG #2: [roll2] (min 1; Fort save 10+damage needed)
CDG #3: [roll3] (min 1; Fort save 10+damage needed)
CDG #4: [roll4] (min 1; Fort save 10+damage needed)
CDG #5: [roll5] (min 1; Fort save 10+damage needed)
CDG #6: [roll6] (min 1; Fort save 10+damage needed)
CDG #7: [roll7] (min 1; Fort save 10+damage needed)
Blinded, Stunned [roll8] rounds.
(unresolved)
Stunned 1 rounds.
(unresolved)

Edit: yeah, looks like time to restart.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 06:23 PM
From the beginning, or at this room? (At the beginning will likely give me my wand charge back), this room would be a bit faster.

Leewei
2011-03-23, 06:48 PM
One more time from the torch room.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 06:53 PM
In that case, splitting my wand charges across 4 wands.

Same travel method as before, then. Heading towards Burnie's room, taking the same route. Open the door.

"Hey, Burnie? Can we get a move on? I got a rematch with that jerk illusionist in the other room."

Initative: [roll0]

If I win initative:

Charge.
Touch Attack (vs. Flat Footed AC): [roll1]
On Success:
Opposed Grapple Check: [roll2]
On Success:
Unarmed Damage: [roll3] (Inspiration Point to damage)

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 07:00 PM
I do believe that's victory with Burnie at -1. Coup De Grace and move back towards the Illusionist.

If I take first initiative:
Charge, ignore the illusion.
Melee Touch Attack (vs. Flat-footed AC): [roll1]
On Success:
On Success:
Unarmed Strike Damage: [roll3] (Inspiration Point for damage)

"Take this, you rainbow-colored pansy."

If I do not take first initiative (And the mage takes the same readied action):
Cast Darkness on the center of the room.
Five foot step into the room. (Moving Silently)
Move action to shut the door quietly.

Move Silently: [roll4]

Let's see your figments work now.

Leewei
2011-03-23, 08:47 PM
Yep, Bernie's toast. 150xp and chainmail.

Skeezy illusionist room:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||||B|H[/table]
There is a door at A-2, another at E-4, south side and another at E-3. There is a human wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.

Leewei
2011-03-23, 08:50 PM
Grapple check: [roll0]

Whether successful or not, he casts color spray defensively: [roll1]. (Second Concentration check for casting inside a grapple: [roll2])

Edit: Well, got some dice lovin' there. Will save, please.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 08:56 PM
[roll0] (Inspiration Point to Will Save).

Going for another grapple attempt.

Melee Touch: [roll1]
Grapple: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Edit: Or not. Once more from the top?:smallyuk:

term1nally s1ck
2011-03-23, 08:59 PM
Ahh, rainbow man. <3

Leewei
2011-03-23, 09:04 PM
On with the coup de grace-ing!

Unconscious / Blind / Stunned: [roll0]
CdG#1: [roll1] (min 1; Fort 10+damage or die)
CdG#2: [roll2] (min 1; Fort 10+damage or die)
CdG#3: [roll3] (min 1; Fort 10+damage or die)
CdG#4: [roll4] (min 1; Fort 10+damage or die)
CdG#5: [roll5] (min 1; Fort 10+damage or die)
CdG#6: [roll6] (min 1; Fort 10+damage or die)
CdG#7: [roll7] (min 1; Fort 10+damage or die)
Blind / Stunned: [roll8]
Stunned: 1

Edit: Sure, once again we go!

@TS:I gotta get me a wand of this for Zahn while critters still have 1-2HD. This spell is nasty.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 09:05 PM
Ahh, rainbow man. <3

Rainbow man is unrealistically thwamping my Grapple rolls. :smallannoyed:

So, Burnie's room:

On successful Initiative:

Charge
Melee Touch vs. flat-footed AC: [roll1]
Unarmed Strike damage: [roll3] (Inspiration Point to damage)

"Round three, you halitosis-infected fiend!"

Leewei
2011-03-23, 09:06 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||L||
4|||||
5|||||[/table]
There are doors at A5 south and E1 north.
In the room there is an ugly looking, blue scaled, lizard thing with fire in it's mouth!

Leewei
2011-03-23, 09:08 PM

If successful, it'll breathe on you for fire damage that doesn't matter because of your resists. Otherwise, you win, 150xp, chainmail, on to Skippy the Wonder-lusionist.

Leewei
2011-03-23, 09:09 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||||B|H[/table]

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 09:12 PM
Time for Royal Rainbow man.

On Success:

Charge, ignore the beast.
Melee Touch vs. Flat-Footed AC: [roll1]
Unarmed Damage: [roll3] (Inspiration Point to damage)

"ROYAL RAINBOW!"

On failure (Assuming he readies as before):

Casting Darkness into the room.
Five-foot stepping inside.
Move action to close the door.

Move Silently: [roll4]

...:smallannoyed:

Leewei
2011-03-23, 09:18 PM

If successful, defensively cast color spray: [roll1]

Otherwise, you win, 150xp, longsword, chain shirt.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 09:23 PM
Will Save: [roll0] (Inspiration Point for saving throw)

Going for another grapple.
Touch Attack: [roll1]
Grapple roll: [roll2]

Third time's the charm?

Leewei
2011-03-23, 09:25 PM
Barely touching him, you latch on like a starving jackal. He does not go down.

Casting defensively: [roll0]
Casting when grappled: [roll1]

Edit: *fizzle*. Your go!

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 09:30 PM
Going to maintain the grapple for damage.

Grapple: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Leewei
2011-03-23, 09:34 PM

If successful, casting defensive: [roll1], casting when grappling: [roll2], color spray.

Otherwise, you win, 150xp, longsword with two notches on the hilt, chain shirt.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 09:35 PM
Finally! (Back in 10. Grabbing a burger).

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 10:05 PM
Mkay, out the east door, follow it north, turn right, and stop at the door. Search it for traps, then open the door.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

I don't think the Kobold ever lived long enough to actually do something...

Leewei
2011-03-23, 10:32 PM
Just to be sure of the room you mean, you exit East, go North past a door on your right, then hang a right at the 4-way intersection? Or did you mean the first door on your right?

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 10:33 PM
The north door into the room directly east of the room with the Illusionist.

Leewei
2011-03-23, 10:55 PM
Okay!

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||1|
4|||||
5||||| [/table]
There is a door at B5, and another at B1. There is an orc in the middle of the room. It holds a Ripper and wears a chainmail, as well as a pair of goggles.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 11:02 PM
"Oh, right. You're first. How'd I forget you?"

Charge.

Attack vs. his flat-footed touch AC. [roll0]
On Success:
Grapple: [roll1]
On Success:
Unarmed Damage: [roll2] (Inspiration point to damage).

Incidentally, am I allowed at any point to use an Inspiration Point to boost grapple rolls? It doesn't technically count as an "Attack Roll, Damage Roll, or Saving Throw", but it does use BAB as a roll modifier... :smallconfused:

Leewei
2011-03-23, 11:20 PM
Hmm. SRD says it is "... like a melee attack roll." It then lists out the attack bonus calculation. It is described as an "opposed check" rather than an "attack roll". I'm leaning toward no, but we'll see what TS has to say.

The 10 just hits his flat-footed touch AC, as you probably suspected.

Orc's Grapple: you win (his maximum is less than your roll).

On his turn, "Hey ...!" He attempts to break free: [roll0]

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 11:25 PM
"Hey yourself. Way to waste a standard action."

Opposed Grapple: [roll0]

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 11:32 PM
Assuming he doesn't take a move action of consequence, I'm going to go ahead and give him another hug.

Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2] (Inspiration point to damage) -Not used

"Stone Bones!" :smallamused:

Edit: Sigh... Missed. :(

Leewei
2011-03-23, 11:51 PM
"Ha ha. No, STEELY STRIKE!"

[roll0] for [roll1]
Confirm 19-20(28-29): [roll2] for [roll3]

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 11:56 PM
"Sonofa... Crusader's Strike!"

Attack: [roll0] (Inspiration Point to attack)
Restore: [roll2] hit points.

Koretsu
2011-03-23, 11:58 PM
Confirmation: [roll0]

Does the restore effect also double on crit? I doubt it, but figure it's worth asking. :smallconfused:

Found the entry in ToB... No, it doesn't. Ah, well. I assume the orc is dead? Will his goggles offset the Nightsighted Trait's -1 to spot when in areas of bright light?

term1nally s1ck
2011-03-24, 08:50 AM
No to Inspiration to grapple. Sorry.

As for the -1, it won't help (and will in fact make it worse via its own penalty)

Leewei
2011-03-24, 12:09 PM
He's done for. 150xp, chain shirt, ripper, sundark goggles, 2 javelins and some loot that I'll roll up later tonight.

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 05:45 PM
Awesome. Out the north door, north to the four-way junction, and east to the door down the hallway.

Search Door: [roll0]

Open the door silently.

Kobolds and and bits... The grapple a monk dreams of...

Leewei
2011-03-24, 06:02 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||||||
3||||||
4|||1|||
5||||||
6||||||[/table]
There is a door at A-6 west, another at E-1 and another at F-4. There is a kobold wearing a chain shirt and holding a short sword.

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 06:52 PM
M'kay. Charge.

Melee Touch Attack vs. Flat-footed AC: [roll0]
On Success: Gain 2 hit points.
On Success: Opposed Grapple Check: [roll1]
On Success (Grapple):Damage Roll: [roll2] (Inspiration Point to damage) Failed the grapple. Way to nat 18.

Leewei
2011-03-24, 09:00 PM
Unlikely grapple check: [roll0]

DM use:[roll1]

Leewei
2011-03-24, 09:14 PM
"Hah!"

Tumble check: [roll0]

The kobold tumbles back 5', then up to you again. He then launches an attack with his short sword, which momentarily blurs and ignites:

[roll1], [roll2]
If either hit, [roll3] damage + [roll4] fire damage.
If both hit, [roll5] cold damage.
Confirm 19-20(25-26): [roll6] for [roll7] extra damage.

Leewei
2011-03-24, 09:16 PM
Looks like a total of 7 damage after racial resists factor in. Your turn.

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 09:37 PM
"Slippery little bugger..."

Going for another grapple.

Attack vs. Touch AC: [roll0] (Inspiration Point to attack)
On Success: Gain 2 HP
On Success: Opposed Grapple Check: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Leewei
2011-03-24, 09:56 PM
That'll hit. Except it has concealment. I'll roll the miss chance: [roll0] (1-20 misses).

If it hits, grapple check: [roll1]

His sword menages with sparks and web-like shadows. He strikes a spark from the floor that flies behind you, growing as it leaps. He then lashes out viciously with his blade: [roll2] for [roll3] + [roll4] damage.
Potential modifiers:
-4 if grappled
-2 to your AC from flank (effectively a +2) if not grappled

Leewei
2011-03-24, 09:59 PM
You succeed in your grapple (higher modifier wins in a tie), however he threatens with a natural 20.

Confirm: [roll0] for [roll1] extra damage.

No crit. Even so, I'm guessing you're down?

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 10:29 PM
At zero. Got one shot. Going for a Crusader's Strike.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
On hit: Gain [roll1] HP

Assuming that hits, do I loose the hit point before the Standard Action, or if I'm still at 0 afterwards?

Leewei
2011-03-24, 10:35 PM
Had it hit, you wouldn't lose the hit point. 17 won't hit, however.

Once again from Bernie?

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 10:36 PM
Unfortunate. :(

On my turn:

Charge

Melee Touch Attack: [roll1] vs. flat-footed AC.
Grapple roll: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] (Inspiration Point to damage)

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 10:39 PM
Assuming he doesn't beat the grapple roll, moving on to the illusionist:

Charge.
Melee touch. (vs flat-footed AC on higher initiative): [roll1]
Opposed Grapple: [roll2]

Leewei
2011-03-24, 10:47 PM
Bernie bets the bank on a "20": [roll0]

Leewei
2011-03-24, 10:49 PM
150xp, chainmail.

Senior Rampaging Rainbow initiative: [roll0]

Leewei
2011-03-24, 10:51 PM

Casting color spray defensively: [roll1]
Casting while grappled: [roll2]

Edit: *fizzle*. Beast vanishes. Your turn.

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 10:52 PM
Grapple 2. :smallamused:

Damage: [roll1] (Inspiration Point to Damage)

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 10:56 PM
Short of a nat 17, on to the orc with the Ripper.

Charge with the Mage's longsword, 2-handed:
Attack roll: [roll1] (Inspiration Point to attack)
Damage: [roll2] (Inspiration Point to damage)

Leewei
2011-03-24, 11:00 PM
Need a touch attack for that 2nd grapple on the illusionist.

Opposing roll assuming it hits: [roll0]

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 11:06 PM
No I don't. He's still in a grapple. I can maintain it as a standard action.

Leewei
2011-03-24, 11:17 PM
Captain Colorspray's first round 15 beats your 14. The initial attempt did not succeed, therefore he isn't grappled.

Koretsu
2011-03-24, 11:23 PM
Ah, so it didn't. :smallredface: How'd I miss that? Going too fast, I guess. >.>

Melee Touch Attack: [roll0] (Inspiration Point to attack)
Damage: [roll2] (Inspiration point to damage)

Leewei
2011-03-25, 02:54 PM
Touch attack misses. He casts color spray defensively. [roll0]

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 05:12 PM
Inspiration Point to will save: [roll0]

Assuming success, I'll go for another grapple attempt:

Leewei
2011-03-25, 05:29 PM
He slashes at you desperately with a longsword:[roll0] for [roll1] (min 1) damage.
Confirm 19-20(18-19):[roll2] for [roll3] added damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 06:17 PM
"Out of spells, then?"

Melee Touch: [roll0]

Leewei
2011-03-25, 06:39 PM
"You cannot defeat the master of rainbows!" he snarls.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Confirm 19-20 (18-19): [roll2] for [roll3] damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 07:00 PM
"Look, you can barely wield that thing, much less properly hit someone with it. Why not give up not and we can both move on with our lives?"

Opposed Grapple: [roll1]

Leewei
2011-03-25, 07:15 PM
"You dare mock the arcane master of spectrum images?! Have at you!" he tries to escape: [roll0]

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 07:19 PM
"Yeah, see, that's what I mean. Your grip and posture are all wrong. Try this, instead."

Once he takes his turn:
Maintain the grapple.

[roll0]

Edit: Woops! Forgot the damage roll. :smallredface: Can you roll the 1d6+2 for me?

Leewei
2011-03-25, 07:37 PM
Standard action escape attempt: [roll0]

Edit: using your prior check, he escapes into the NW square. He then takes a 5' step North from there. Go ahead and touch / grapple / damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 08:01 PM
"So, I take it Grease is your other 1st level spell?" :smallannoyed:

Leewei
2011-03-25, 08:10 PM
"Rainbow Strike!"

Confirm 19-20(18-19): [roll2] for [roll3] bonus damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 08:19 PM
"LAWL"

Leewei
2011-03-25, 08:30 PM
He backs up 5' and directs a blast of iciness at you: [roll0] vs touch AC for [roll1] damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 08:41 PM
"Was that an Acid Splash spell? I'm a tiefling, you dolt. You might as well cast Create Water at me."

Bluff: [roll0]

Five-foot step up.

Leewei
2011-03-25, 08:45 PM

Edit: He sags bleeding to the floor, defeated. 150xp, chain shirt, longsword

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 08:57 PM
On to the Orc!

On successful Initiative:
Charge with the Mage's longsword two-handed.
Attack: [roll1] (Inspiration Point to Attack)
Damage: [roll2] (Inspiration Point to damage) Assuming a 12 still won't hit his flat-footed AC.

Leewei
2011-03-25, 09:41 PM
That's a whiff. Not rolling his init; you got that hands down.

"STEELY STRIKE!" [roll0] for [roll1]
Confirm 19-20(28-29): [roll2] for [roll3] more

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 10:23 PM
Down. :( Real bad luck that run... Burnie, again.

On my turn:
Charge for grapple
Grapple Roll: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] (Inspiration Point for damage)

Leewei
2011-03-25, 10:32 PM
[roll0]
On a '20', he breathes useless fire on you. We'll use your rolls, regardless.

Resisting grapple: [roll1]
If he fails (likely), he desperately blasts [roll2] /2 of:
[roll3] 1=Acid | 2=Cold | 3=Electrical | 4=Fire

... which, if it damages you, persists for [roll4] rounds, doing:
[roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8] damage of the same type.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 11:07 PM
Stupid acid...

Maintaining the grapple.

Damage: (Minimum) 3

That drops Burnie to -1 if it hits.

If so,

On the following round, I'll ready a Crusader's Strike for the moment I take the ongoing acid damage.

Restore: [roll2] HP

Leewei
2011-03-25, 11:10 PM
Opposing check: [roll0]

Edit: How are you inflicting minimum damage? Never mind, I think I get the direction you're heading. You hit him while he's down and regain your HPs.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 11:27 PM
I'm voluntarily "taking 1" for the minimum possible result of my damage roll. Pulling my punch, essentially. I'm trying to find the rule for it in the SRD, but it's not coming up with any results.

I'm fairly certain that there's a president set somewhere in the game for choosing to deal minimum damage with a damage roll, but I'm not able to find it. If you like, I can roll the damage now, but either way, the most I can do is drop him to -5, so the above affect should still work.

In case you want it, [roll0]

Leewei
2011-03-25, 11:31 PM
Oh, so you are attempting to do minimum damage. And here I thought you were taking it the "any damage KOs him" path. Unless you can find something that isn't a homebrew rule, you inflict damage per RAW. Anyway, you're down something like 1hp. Also, you get a reflex save that I should have noted earlier. Make it and you get the hp back.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 11:34 PM
Sitting at 2 HP. Sitting at 4 if I pass the reflex save:

[roll0] (Inspiration point to saving throws)

On my turn, I continue with the above action, gaining another 5 hit points.

EDIT: that puts me at 9. On to captain colorspray.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 11:37 PM

If I win initiative; On my turn:
Charge
Melee Touch Attack: [roll1] (Inspiration Point to attack)
On hit: Gain 2 hit points.

Leewei
2011-03-25, 11:42 PM
Init: [roll0]

Grapple, if appropriate: [roll1]
Defensive color spray: [roll2]
Concentration to cast if grappled: [roll3]

Edit: Not grappled, therefore no IP spent on damage, make a will save.

Koretsu
2011-03-25, 11:54 PM
Guess where the inspiration point is gonna go? :smallannoyed:

Will: [roll0]

On my turn, going for another melee.

Leewei
2011-03-26, 09:21 AM
5' step North, then casting color spray defensively: [roll0]

Edit: *fizzle*

Koretsu
2011-03-26, 09:44 AM
You know the drill by now, I hope.

Leewei
2011-03-26, 10:06 AM
Opposing Grapple: [roll0]

If not grappled, 5'step North again and cast ray of frost at you, which you will ignore unless he crits: [roll1]

Edit: Bleah. Grappled, cast defensively, etc. Not bothering to roll because it doesn't affect you, regardless.

Koretsu
2011-03-26, 10:17 AM
Maintain the grapple. :smallamused:

Koretsu
2011-03-26, 10:19 AM
Seeing as I win on a tie, on to our good orc buddy.

If successful:
Charge with the longsword, two-handed: [roll1] (Inspiration Point to attack)
Damage: [roll2] (Inspiration Point to damage)

Stupid Nat 2's...

Leewei
2011-03-26, 10:11 PM
"Steely strike!" [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Edit: Whiff. You're up.

Koretsu
2011-03-27, 09:59 PM
Let's go for a grapple!

Damage: [roll2] (Inspiration Point to damage).

Stupid nat 6's...

Leewei
2011-03-27, 10:26 PM
"Stone Bones!"

[roll0] for [roll1]

Koretsu
2011-03-28, 12:22 AM
Back at 0. Let's try for another Crusader's Strike!

Attack: [roll0] (Inspiration Point to attack)
Restore: [roll2] hit points.

If I miss, I drop to -1. :smalleek:

Leewei
2011-03-28, 07:59 AM
Fortunately for you, you hit. The blow seems far less effective than you'd hoped.

It attacks again: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-28, 06:57 PM
And down. Burnie's turn!

On success:
Charge.
Damage: [roll3] (Inspiration point to damage)

term1nally s1ck
2011-03-28, 06:59 PM
*nibbles on popcorn*

Leewei
2011-03-28, 07:08 PM

If Bernie actually wins:Foosh! Harmless entangling fire attack.

Leewei
2011-03-28, 07:13 PM
What a waste of a post. Bernie opposes your grapple: [roll0]

In the unlikely event of a success, he breathes fire and it tickles.

Edit: Victory! 150xp and chainmail. On to something more deadly.

Koretsu
2011-03-28, 08:08 PM
"Hey, Mr. Wizard!" :smallannoyed:

On Success:
Charge
Damage: [roll3] (Inspiration Point)

Leewei
2011-03-28, 08:21 PM
He can't beat those rolls. He doesn't die yet, though.

COLORSPRAY!

Defensive casting: [roll0]
Grappled casting: [roll1]

Edit: Success! Will save, please. :smallamused:

Koretsu
2011-03-28, 08:39 PM
Will: [roll0] (Inspiration Point)

Koretsu
2011-03-28, 08:40 PM
On to the Orc!

On Success:

Charge with Longsword 2-handed: [roll1] (Inspiration Point)
Damage: [roll2] (Inspiration Point)

Leewei
2011-03-28, 09:53 PM

"STEELY STRIKE!"

[roll1] for [roll2] damage.

Edit: He then falls over dead on your mangled body.

Koretsu
2011-03-28, 10:25 PM
I'm down. :(

Burnie:

On my turn:
Charge
Melee Touch: [roll1] (Insp)
Damage: [roll3] (Insp)

Koretsu
2011-03-28, 10:27 PM
Huh... Captain Color Spray:

Charge.
Touch Attack: [roll1] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-03-28, 10:32 PM

Burnie:

Damage: (1d6+6)[9] (Insp)

Actually, Bernie is staggered. He breathes [roll0] (1=Acid | 2=Cold | 3=Electrical | 4=Fire) for [roll1] /2 (reflex 15 halves again)

Edit: bold-facing damage type for clarity.

Leewei
2011-03-28, 10:33 PM
The effect lingers for [roll0] rounds, inflicting an additional ...
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

... 8 acid damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-29, 12:01 AM
D'oh. =/

Reflex: [roll0]

Punch him once, then ready a Crusader's Strike for after I take damage in Round 2.

Round 1: [roll1]
Gain 2 hit points.

[roll2]
Gain [roll3] hit points.

Round 0 HP total: 8
Round 1: 8
Round 2: 10

...Shall we use my previous captain colorspray rolls, or start fresh?

Leewei
2011-03-29, 08:00 AM
We can use your rolls. You win initiative, rush in and give him a bear hug. He attempts to resist: [roll0].

Regardless, casting color spray defensively: [roll1]

Casting if grappled: [roll2]

Edit: *fizzle*. He'll also take a 5' step North.

Koretsu
2011-03-29, 05:23 PM
I'll pursue.

Melee Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-03-29, 05:40 PM
Touch hits. Opposing check: [roll0]

Edit: Toasty! 150xp, chain shirt, longsword, rubber chicken.

Koretsu
2011-03-29, 06:46 PM
On to the orc!

On success:
Charge with the Longsword, 2-handed.
Attack: [roll1] (Insp Point)

Leewei
2011-03-29, 07:26 PM

If he wins, "Steely Strike!" [roll1] for [roll2]

Otherwise, you win, 150xp, chain shirt, ripper, goggles, random lootz

Koretsu
2011-03-29, 08:45 PM
Phew! Kobold time!

On success:
Charge: Melee Touch: [roll1]

Leewei
2011-03-29, 09:06 PM
TDK Init: [roll0]

Leewei
2011-03-29, 09:10 PM

If it somehow manages the natural 20 needed, it'll tumble and attack:
Tumble:[roll1]
Attack: [roll2], [roll3]
If either hit: [roll4] + [roll5] fire (-5 FR)
If both hit: + [roll6] cold (-5 CR)

Krinch! 150xp, small chain shirt, small shortsword, mw tumble tool (Farrah Fawcett signature cotton candy pink legwarmers)

Koretsu
2011-03-29, 10:48 PM
Awesome! Grab the Kobold and take him with me. :smallsmile:

Out the north door, go east, then immediately turn north, following the passage way to the door. I'll open the door with my 10-foot pole. I'll wait six seconds, and then throw the poor Kobold through the doorway.

If memory serves correctly, the construct has no intelligence score, and that should serve to trigger it's readied action.

Leewei
2011-03-30, 07:19 AM
You're right regarding it being mindless.

When you open the door, your initiative takes effect. The dead kobold hits the floor in the room, but nothing happens. Next action?

Koretsu
2011-03-30, 05:02 PM
I'll ready an action to attack the creature the moment I can see it.

Leewei
2011-03-30, 05:21 PM
It isn't moving. Either act or we'll drop out of rounds.

Koretsu
2011-03-30, 07:15 PM
I'll step in stealthily. Shortbow out. The moment I spot it, I'll make an attack with the bow (Assuming it's not within melee range). If I can't see it, I'll ready to attack it if it becomes visible.

Hide: [roll0]

Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

If I can see it, and it's not in melee:
Attack: [roll4] (Insp)
Damage: [roll5] (Insp)

If I can see it, and it's in melee range:
Melee Touch Attack: [roll6]
Opposed Grapple: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8] (Insp)

If it triggers my readied action:
Attack: [roll9] (Insp)
Damage: [roll10] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-03-30, 07:36 PM
It is in its normal spot. It doesn't have an action ready. You snag a nosehair on your bow string. As your eyes water up, the arrow catches its attention and it sprays you with acid: [roll0]

Koretsu
2011-03-30, 08:16 PM
Reflex for half?

[roll0]

Attacking with the bow again.

Attack: [roll1]

Leewei
2011-03-30, 08:50 PM
Yep, halved it to 3.

It'll advance and snip atcha.

Koretsu
2011-03-30, 09:07 PM
Going for a grapple.

On hit: Gain 2 hit points

Leewei
2011-03-30, 09:10 PM
Snip-snip!

[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2] for [roll3]

Koretsu
2011-03-30, 09:20 PM
Poke poke!

On hit: Gain 2 HP

Leewei
2011-03-30, 09:23 PM
Miss!

Snip-snip!

[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2] for [roll3]

Koretsu
2011-03-30, 09:45 PM
Gah. Jerk.

Smash! Crusader's Strike

Attack: [roll0] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-03-30, 09:52 PM
Whiff!

Snip-snip!

[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2] for [roll3]

Koretsu
2011-03-30, 10:09 PM
Whiff!

Leewei
2011-03-30, 10:22 PM
Whiff! The slap fight continues!

Snip-snip!

[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2] for [roll3]

Koretsu
2011-03-30, 10:23 PM

Leewei
2011-03-30, 10:25 PM
Whiff, snip, snip.

[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2] for [roll3]

Koretsu
2011-03-30, 11:26 PM
Opposed grapple: [roll1]

EDIT: Silly fight is silly. :smallannoyed:

Leewei
2011-03-31, 05:58 AM
Blargh! It breathes moar acid for [roll0] (Reflex save halves)

Leewei
2011-03-31, 04:26 PM
FYI, I'm heading on a business trip and will likely be away until April 4th or so after tonight. I may check in from time to time. Term1nally S1ck has volunteered to step in meanwhile.

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 05:40 PM
Eep!

Reflex: [roll0]

If I'm still alive (at 2 HP), I'll try for another grapple...

Damage: [roll3] :smallannoyed:

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 05:43 PM
Burnie again. :smallannoyed:

On success:
Charge
Melee Touch Attack: [roll1]

Leewei
2011-03-31, 05:52 PM

If won, foosh, harmless fire. Otherwise, grapple: [roll1]

Crush, mangle, stomp, Stomp, STOMP, HAHAHA. 150xp, chainmail. Erm, next?

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 06:04 PM
Captain Col--

On success:
Charge and Grapple:
Opposed Grapple:[roll2]

Leewei
2011-03-31, 06:43 PM

Your attack misses.

If he wins initiative, you get color sprayed.

If you win, he 5-foot-steps North and defensively color sprays: [roll1]

Edit: *fizzle*, your turn.

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 06:49 PM
Gonna Pursue!

Melee Touch: [roll0] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-03-31, 06:51 PM
He opens the door next to him, takes a 5-foot step and blasts you with a ray of frost, laughing triumphantly. [roll0] vs touch AC for [roll1] damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 06:56 PM
Well, that's different.

Leewei
2011-03-31, 07:05 PM
Not gonna roll - that's auto-success.

Just noticed no color spray when grappled. He readies an action. You're up. My apologies for previous fatalities due to this error.

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 07:28 PM

No worries. I made a couple of those mistakes myself. :smallredface:

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 07:33 PM
On to the orc?

On success:
Charge with the longsword 2-handed.
Attack: [roll1] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-03-31, 07:35 PM
You auto-win init.

"STEELY STRIKE!" [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 08:06 PM
Back to Burnie! :smallmad:

On success:
Touch attack: [roll1]

Leewei
2011-03-31, 08:37 PM
You win init and attempt to give him a bad touch.

If he avoids it, he fooshes harmlessly. Otherwise, 150xp, "I killed Bernie ten times and all I got was this lousy chain shirt" chainmail.

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 08:53 PM
Try again!

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 08:54 PM
On to Cap'n!

On success:

Charge Melee Touch: [roll1]

Leewei
2011-03-31, 09:24 PM

If he succeeds, he readies an action, otherwise, you win, 150xp, chain shirt, long sword, brown trousers.

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 10:01 PM
Orc time!

On Success: Charge with the longsword 2-handed.

Leewei
2011-03-31, 10:17 PM

If he wins, Steely Strike [roll1] for [roll2]

Otherwise, gratz! 150xp, chain shirt, goggles, ripper, winning loot raffle ticket

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 10:53 PM
Let's go straight on to the kobold.

On Success:
Charge Melee Touch: [roll1] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-03-31, 11:01 PM

If it wins, run up and slash with a blurry, flaming sword: [roll1], [roll2].

Just one hits: [roll3] + [roll4] fire
Both hit: [roll5] + [roll6] fire + [roll7] cold
Also, it has concealment.

Otherwise, 150xp, small short sword, chain shirt, masterwork tumble tools (autograph Run DMC floor spin mat worn as a cape)

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 11:08 PM
First time I've ever gone second. Can we use the above rolls? (-2 on my attack roll, of course) :smallredface:

Leewei
2011-03-31, 11:14 PM
Sorry, no. Had you labeled it other than "On success", I might see fit to do otherwise. I'm fine with you declaring and rolling the same action regardless of initiative order in the future as well.

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 11:16 PM
Noted.

On Success: Gain 2 HP

Leewei
2011-03-31, 11:22 PM
Miss.

Tumble away and back: [roll0]

Strike you with a blade shedding web-like darkness, after flicking a large spark behind you: [roll1] (vs your AC -2 for temporary flank) for [roll2] damage.

Edit: Wow, vicious little creep.

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 11:25 PM
And, dead. Again. :(

Burnie!

Charge
Touch Attack: [roll1] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-03-31, 11:29 PM
You get his attention.

He desperately breathes [roll0] (1=A|2=C|3=E|4=F) for [roll1] /2 damage, save re-halves.

... but it's electricity so you shrug it off. You're up!

Koretsu
2011-03-31, 11:31 PM
Maintain the grapple.

Leewei
2011-04-01, 12:00 AM
[roll0]

[roll1] to escape.

Edit: Toasty. 150xp, chainmail.

Koretsu
2011-04-01, 12:07 AM
Do I win? :smallconfused:

Koretsu
2011-04-01, 06:26 PM
Cap'n Colorspray!

On my turn:
Charge, Melee Touch: [roll1] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-04-02, 08:52 PM
Opposing grapple: [roll0]

If he succeeds, color spray defensively: [roll1]

Otherwise, he readies an action.

Koretsu
2011-04-03, 08:26 AM
Maintain the grapple.

Opposed Grapple: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (Insp)

Koretsu
2011-04-03, 08:27 AM
Orc time.

On my turn:

Charge with the longsword 2-handed.

Attack Roll: [roll1] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-04-03, 07:42 PM

If he wins, Steely Strike ([roll1] for [roll2])

Else victory, 150xp, random lootz, chain shirt, goggles.

Koretsu
2011-04-03, 10:33 PM
Kobold time!

My turn:
Charge Melee Touch: [roll1] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-04-04, 08:17 PM
"Weg! Yip!"

On win, run in and strike with blurry, sparky sword:
[roll1], [roll2]

Also, he gets blurry.

If either hits, [roll3] + [roll4] fire damage.
If both hit, + [roll5] cold damage.

Edit: Ow, that hurt! Still, your stance gets you 2hp back and you squish him, barring a 20% miss chance.

Leewei
2011-04-04, 08:26 PM
... which I'll just roll here. [roll0]
1-20: whiff! He then tumbles and counterattacks:Tumble: [roll1]; 15+ means no AoO four you.
He then strikes with webby inkiness on his sword, and there's a small fire elemental behind you. [roll2] with flank for [roll3] damage.
21-100: What is that brown stuff between your fingers? Dead kobold! 150xp, small chain shirt, small shortsword, mwk tumble tool (Boy George extended play LP of "I'll Tumble 4U")

Koretsu
2011-04-04, 08:40 PM
I'm actually dead. He hit me down to -2 before I could act, so grappling him to get myself back to 0 doesn't work.

Burnie: [roll0]

My turn: Charge:
Opposing Grapple: [roll2]

Koretsu
2011-04-04, 08:42 PM
That's a very dead Burnie (Flat-footed touch AC shouldn't be higher than 10 at level 1).

Mage time: [roll0]

On my turn: Charge

Melee Touch Attack: [roll1] (Insp)

Leewei
2011-04-04, 09:01 PM

If 19, make a will save. Otherwise, 150xp, chain shirt, longsword.

Koretsu
2011-04-04, 09:03 PM
Orc's turn

Charge with Longsword 2-handed.

Leewei
2011-04-04, 09:06 PM

On 14+, Steely Strike, [roll1] for [roll2] damage.

Otherwise, shluk! 150xp, shain shirt, ripper, goggles, misc lootz.

Koretsu
2011-04-04, 09:09 PM
Kobold's turn.

On turn: Charge:

Leewei
2011-04-05, 08:15 PM
"Narf!"

In case of grapple, oppose: [roll1]

Double strike royale with cheese: [roll2], [roll3]

If either hits, [roll4] slashing + [roll5] fire damage.

If both hit, [roll6] cold extra.

Edit: Then you win. 150xp, small chain shirt, small short sword, small gold-embossed, signed photograph of Marylou Retton.

Koretsu
2011-04-05, 10:01 PM
:smallmad:

Burnie: [roll0]

On turn: Charge: [roll1] (Insp)

term1nally s1ck
2011-04-05, 10:06 PM
...How many times have you died now?

Leewei
2011-04-05, 10:31 PM
In case it makes any difference, that's only 8hp after CR/FR (the 1d6+2 was fire damage).

... yeah, it looks like you should have 2hp now -- not restarting yet.

Koretsu
2011-04-05, 11:38 PM
Dead enough times that I'm determined to be able to do this. It'll get easier once I hit level 2, honest. >.>

*facepalm* I completely forgot my fire resistance. :smallredface:

Gonna bust out with the wand, then.

Use Magic Device: Success on a 20, wand locked on a 3. Keep trying until I activate one.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]

Koretsu
2011-04-05, 11:41 PM
Back at full HP. On to my favorite bug thing. As before, open the door with the pole, toss the kobold corpse in, wait a moment, and follow in behind it.

On my turn: Attack with a Javelin:

Leewei
2011-04-06, 05:39 AM

If it wins, spew! take [roll1] acid (Reflex halves). Otherwise 150xp for you.

Koretsu
2011-04-06, 05:01 PM
Woooooo!

:belkar: I am the champion, my friend! And I'll keep on fighting to the end!

Out the west door, turn south, follow it west again, and open the door in front of me.

Search the door: [roll0]
If no traps are found:
Open the door silently: [roll1]

Leewei
2011-04-06, 10:14 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1||||
2||C|C|
3||C|C|
4||C|C|
5||||[/table]
The room contains a large chest with a note attached to it’s latch. There are doors at C5, D2 and D1 north.

Koretsu
2011-04-06, 10:30 PM
Reading the note says something about fools waiting forever, yes?

I'll wait an hour and then open the chest, if so.

Leewei
2011-04-07, 09:44 AM
DM use: [roll0]

You find 4pp.

Koretsu
2011-04-07, 06:20 PM
Wooo! Underwhelming!

Out the south door, and at each sequential dungeon, go east, north, east, south, east, north, north, west, and north (Should put me at the 3x4 room north west of the construct).

Search the door for traps: [roll0]
If none are found, open the door silently. [roll1]

Leewei
2011-04-07, 08:02 PM
Your directions don't get you where you want to go, but I'll put you there anyway in the interest of keeping the ball rolling. No door traps.

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1||||
2||||S
3||||
[/table]
You see three demon squirrels on the wall at +5, +10, and +15 respectively.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Koretsu
2011-04-07, 08:24 PM
Going for an attack with my short bow against the squirrel with the highest initiative count.

Attack: [roll0] (Insp) (vs. Flat-footed AC)

Then move action to shut the door.

Leewei
2011-04-07, 09:16 PM
Readying the short bow was a move action. Did you want to fire the shot or do something else?

Koretsu
2011-04-07, 10:44 PM
Let's just shoot a squirrel, then.

Leewei
2011-04-07, 10:58 PM
You obliterate a squirrel.

One hops to the floor and advances toward you. It lifts its tail, flooding the chamber and the door area with chilling darkness. Make a fort save and take [roll0] untyped damage. The remaining squirrel vanishes from view.

Koretsu
2011-04-07, 11:22 PM
Fortitude: [roll0]

On my turn, I'll five-foot step out of the room, move action to close the door, and ready a grapple the moment one enters my reach (Or attacks me if the darkness persists).

If applicable: Concealment:
[roll2] (Miss on a result of 20 or less)
[roll3] (Miss on a result of 20 or less)
Opposed Grapple: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Leewei
2011-04-07, 11:31 PM
You find yourself alone in the hallway. Squirrels don't appear interested in pursuit at the moment. You are, however, ability-damaged (-1 Str).

Koretsu
2011-04-08, 12:19 AM
Maintain the above readied action for the next ten rounds.

If nothing happens from that point:
Wait one hour, and reopen the door, Javelin in hand.

On my turn:
Standard Action to throw the Javelin at a Squirrel: [roll1] (Insp)

Re-close the door as a move action.

Leewei
2011-04-08, 07:39 AM
Nothing happens for an hour. When you open the door, the darkness and squirrels both are gone. Make a spot check.

Koretsu
2011-04-08, 04:17 PM
Spot: [roll0]

Leewei
2011-04-08, 04:25 PM
No sign of the critters.

Koretsu
2011-04-08, 07:10 PM
I'll use a move action to make an active spot check: [roll0]

If I see anything, I'll attack it with a javelin.

If I don't see anything, I'll maintain a readied action to grapple anything that attacks me.

Melee Touch Attack: [roll3] (Insp)
Opposed Grapple: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Leewei
2011-04-08, 08:53 PM
You aren't in combat, so no readied actions. Waiting outside the open door, you fail to see any squirrels in the room. How long are you going to wait?

Koretsu
2011-04-08, 09:00 PM
I'll take 20 on a spot check if I can. Net 25.

Leewei
2011-04-08, 09:11 PM
I'll allow it. You fail to spot any squirrels in the room.

Koretsu
2011-04-10, 09:04 AM
Five-foot step inside the room, keeping my guard up.

Leewei
2011-04-10, 09:36 AM
Init: [roll0], [roll1]
If either wins:Darkness floods the chamber again. Take [roll2] damage and make another Fort save.

Otherwise:You see the squirrels lurking above you.