PDA

View Full Version : When Normal, Isn't

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-20, 06:57 PM
You find yourself in a small town on the edge of Mourn, a wasteland known for it's inhospitable conditions and rare creatures. The town Church, dedicated to Heironeous, an ally of your patron Bahamut. Since your arrival you've had several meetings with fellow paladins and clerics. Today you meet the archpriest, a skilled paladin and cleric. You currently find yourself in a tavern where you've been renting a room.

Both are good so i thought i'd put them as allies

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-20, 07:09 PM
Aranethon sits in a corner booth, observing the patrons and generally minding his own business, he orders a meal, and a drink.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-20, 07:57 PM
A waitress sets your order for you as a cloaked man walks into the tavern. It's not the man himself that catches to your attention, but the cloak, crafted from dragonhide with a multitude of small red scales covering the hide from top to bottom. He orders at the bar, a dwarven brew that could wake the dead, and sits quietly.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-20, 08:08 PM
Aranethon looks at the man at the bar, quite the oddity, a cloak made of dragon hide. "I wonder who he is.."

After thinking for a few seconds Aranethon walks over to the bar and sits beside the man, "Names Aranethon.", offering his hand as he speaks.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-20, 08:27 PM
The man looks at you, "Kelik," he says, not taking your hand. He is an elf, with lightly tan skinned and a shaved head. His eyes are as red as the cloak he wears. He wears a few other items made of red dragon hide, including his armor and the sheath for his sword, which seems to be made from a dragon's fang, and his bow, made of dragonbone.

You've heard of this man before, the dragon hunter Kelik S'ven'loft, likely the most successful hunter of chromatic dragons in the region.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-20, 08:31 PM
Aranethon drops his hand, "Kelik S'ven'loft, hunter of dragons? Rather successful in your life. Out here to hunt yet another dragon?"

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-20, 09:11 PM
Kelik looks at you more closely, "A dracolich, actually, a former silver dragon corrupted by undeath. You are a paladin, correct?"

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-20, 09:21 PM
"That is correct sir. I assume you would like my aid in this hunt?" Then in elvish (Lighter blue!) "Cause I wouldn't mind the challenge, I would just have to wait until after my meeting with the arch priest however."

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-21, 10:20 AM
"He's the one that called me here, and your help would be much appreciated. The undead are not a specialty of mine," Kelik says, also in elven.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-21, 02:07 PM
"So we may have been contacted for the same reason, I'd be glad to help, undead, and dragons can be a real mess, so an undead dragon should be twice the fun, in a weird if you like to hunt them kind of way." Aranethon chuckles as he talks, his voice serious, pointing out his lack of sarcasm, but the chuckle indicating his poor attempt at comedy.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-22, 10:50 AM
"Quite possibly," he says, "though i hope they'd know your level of skill before going into this, you'll likely need a bit more skill before going on this venture," he says scrutinizing you.

OOCUsed the OA sense motive for him to know your relative skill level. Just so you know Kelik is a ranger//druid a few levels higher than yourself.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-22, 02:13 PM
"I may not be fancy with my techniques but they get my job done. Although dragons are a sight of sour milk.", Aranethon turns after speaking, "I'm to see what odd jobs the town has before my meeting, pleasure meeting you."

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-22, 02:40 PM
"Likewise," Kelik says, standing before heading upstairs to the rooms above.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-22, 03:06 PM
Aranethon walks outside, looks about then wanders looking for anyone who may or may not need help with something.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-23, 01:28 PM
Let's just assume you help people with mundane things around town before going back to the inn until meeting time.