PDA

View Full Version : AvB - Debatra

Pages : [1] 2

Rizban
2011-03-20, 08:30 PM
Mr. Jedder is sitting at an empty desk.

"So, you think you can break the curse, eh? Well, Lord Terbin is anxious to move back into his home. Do you have any questions?"

Debatra
2011-03-20, 09:08 PM
Untrained Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) for Lord Terbin: [roll0]

"I can't guarantee anything; especially without knowing what we're dealing with. For now, I have only the most basic of questions." If there is a chair on opposite Jedder, Adeak sits. He asks the following one by one, waiting for the answers after each.

How long has this curse been there?

Do we have anything on the cause?

What does the curse actually do?

Rizban
2011-03-20, 09:40 PM
"This is the third week. He is out of the 'proper' social circles and finds himself unable to hire from withing legitimate magic guilds, or I'm sure this would already be cleared up.

Only that it's not a normal spell and can't simply be dispelled or removed with a remove curse spell.

It's hard to pin down exactly. It seems to have a wide array of strange effects, mostly just trivial or annoying, but they can combine to be fairly nasty. The majority of the effects are illusory in nature."

Debatra
2011-03-20, 10:12 PM
"The majority. And the others so far?"

Rizban
2011-03-21, 12:42 AM
"There are a few very real effects, such as the fog and the sticky substances which often block the way in stairwells, and sometimes real objects seem to do things. Some of the illusions certainly seem very real too. Most who failed made it out relatively unharmed, but one was driven mad, and two have gone missing entirely, though there are reports that they can still be seen wandering about inside seeking to escape, though they might just be illusions. To my knowledge, no one has been killed... Once you enter, you can't trust your senses."

Debatra
2011-03-21, 01:43 AM
"Hmm... I don't suppose there's anyone memorable he annoyed right before this started?"

Rizban
2011-03-21, 12:23 PM
"To my knowledge, he was away from the city with his family when it all began."

Debatra
2011-03-21, 04:59 PM
Sense Motive (for pretty much this entire conversation): [roll0]

Assuming nothing comes of it...

"Well then, it seems I have no choice but to check the place myself. Again, I stress that I can't guarantee anything." The Gray Elf sighs before continuing. "Unless there's more for you to tell me, or if you have anything that might help..." He waits for Jedder to answer.

Rizban
2011-03-21, 05:20 PM
"That's all I really know. If you succeed, you can pick up your payment from me."

He seems to be telling you the truth and to have told you all that he thinks is imortant for you to know.

Debatra
2011-03-21, 06:19 PM
Either Knowledge (Local) or taking 10 for an untrained Knowledge (N&R) for where this place is.

[roll0]

If neither of these work, I ask Jedder.

I also bring up the possibility of enough up-front payment to get some type of constant-effect True Seeing item, reasoning that being able to see past the illusions can only help the efforts to get to the bottom of all this. Adeak also brings up seeing Hagan Erbauer's advertisement of "discount rates", meaning all the less needed up-front. He also offers to let Jedder make the actual purchase to ease any suspicions of him just running off with the money.

Diplomacy: [roll1]

Rizban
2011-03-21, 06:47 PM
Ezikiel Jedder pitches forward in his chair and chokes. Clearing his throat, he looks at you incredulously.

"Sir! Do you realize that a Gem of Seeing retails for nearly four times the total reward offered? If the lord could afford that, he could easily handle this himself. As it is, he is paying enough to just buy a new home."

Rizban
2011-03-21, 06:49 PM
a gem of seeing retails for 75,000gp. A continuous one would cost 180,000gp.

Debatra
2011-03-21, 07:04 PM
.....I have no idea how I managed to screw up my math that badly. I wasn't even close. Can we forget that one happened?

Either way, I need to know where this guy's house is.

Rizban
2011-03-21, 07:13 PM
He hands you a slip of paper with the address and directions to a small manse in Old Town.

Debatra
2011-03-21, 07:38 PM
Unless there's more to be said, Adeak heads to Erbauer's, looking for scrolls of Deeper Darkness.

With any luck, he'll have some at that discount he advertises.

Rizban
2011-03-21, 08:05 PM
When you reach his cart, you discover that scrolls and potions are the only items he doesn't craft due to certain limitations in his specialties.

Debatra
2011-03-21, 08:29 PM
Adeak heads to the address Ezikiel gave him.

Rizban
2011-03-21, 08:46 PM
Sorry about that. I'm not trying to be hard on you. Hagan just doesn't have those two feats._pon reaching the address, you double check the piece of paper. Instead of the elegant house you were expecting, yiou find a large circus tent with four scantily clad women just outside beckoning for you to enter. The sounds of a happy crowd echo from within as their cheers ring in your ears.

Debatra
2011-03-21, 09:24 PM
Will Disbelief: [roll0]

Rizban
2011-03-21, 09:40 PM
You disbelieve the illusion. The tent turns back into the manse, and the women turn into thorn bushes. The front door stands open.

Debatra
2011-03-21, 09:57 PM
Adeak moves in.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]
Hide: [roll3]
Move Silently: [roll4]

Rizban
2011-03-22, 11:32 AM
You enter into a fancy but not terribly elegant entry hall. A large staircase leading up is before you on the other side of the room. A door on each side wall provides access to other rooms on this floor. The door through which you entered appears to have vanished...

You find nothing else of note in this room, but you do faintly hear the sound of a child's music box coming from upstairs.
note that if you do a search prior to getting a rom description or don't specify where you search, I'll assume you're doing a general search of the room. Things specifically hidden may have higher DCs with a general search than with a specific search, as you're spending the same amount of time to search the entire room as you would searching a specific location.

This won't always be the case when I DM, but it is necessary due to the nature of this particular encounter.

Debatra
2011-03-22, 09:14 PM
I'll keep that in mind. Although, should I assume traps (generally being intentionally hidden and commonly Searched for) don't fall under this rule?

Keeping an eye out for some of the "very real" things Mr. Jedder described, Adeak goes through the door on the left.

Contingency Will Disbelief: [roll0]

Rizban
2011-03-22, 10:55 PM
Traps are always searched for. Though if you later find a hodden door or chest, you can assume that you did not search it yet.Walking through the door, you find yourself entering the exact same roomthr the door you just used. Somehow you seem to have gotten turned around and do not notice any illusions.

Debatra
2011-03-23, 08:45 PM
Assuming the door didn't disappear behind him again, Adeak peeks back through without actually enteriing.

Rizban
2011-03-24, 12:52 AM
There's a narrow hallway through the door. You can see one door on the far end, about 25 feet away and one door on the right wall about 10 feet away. The one on the right appears to be boarded up.

Debatra
2011-03-24, 01:44 PM
The Elf walks over to the boarded up door. After a thorough check for (and after dealing with) anything unpleasant, he attempts to pry the boards down and advance.

Taking 20 on Search: 35
Disable Device if needed: [roll0] (if possible, I bypass whatever's there without disarming)
Strength check to pry away boards (for what it's worth, I try using my grapplling hook for leverage) [roll1]

Rizban
2011-03-26, 11:54 AM
You find no traps.
The boards are unwilling to budge.

Debatra
2011-03-27, 11:14 AM
Adeak thinks for a moment. After a minute or so, he closes his eyes and tries to open the door.

Will Disbelief (Interaction) [roll0]

If that doesn't work, he moves to the far door.

Rizban
2011-03-27, 04:16 PM
The door remains boarded and locked.

Your hand passes through the doorknob on the far door.

Debatra
2011-03-28, 10:46 AM

Next action pending description.

Rizban
2011-03-28, 12:05 PM
The door vanishes, turning into a wall.

Debatra
2011-03-28, 05:11 PM
Adeak turns back, and after another (probably fruitless) attempt on the boarded door, heads to the opposite door of the main hallway.

[roll0]
Can I take 20 here?

If it actually works, he peeks through.

Rizban
2011-03-28, 06:27 PM
The opposite door opens into a similar hallway. The door at the end is slightly open.

Debatra
2011-03-28, 09:02 PM

Assuming failure and/or not an illusion, he goes in.

OOC: I'm still allowed to read the City Streets thread, right?

Rizban
2011-03-29, 12:26 AM
The door opens onto a stairwell leading down. It is filled with webs. You notice a massive spider staring at you. Just as it is about to attack you, a large number of magic missiles impact it, causing it to fall to the floor below. The sounds of heavy combat ensue briefly, then all is quiet. The stairwell is still covered in webs.

yes, you may read it

Debatra
2011-03-29, 06:06 AM
Listen: [roll2]
Hide: [roll3]
Move Silently: [roll4]

Taking out his rapier, he scrapes any webs out of his way as he descends.

Rizban
2011-03-29, 11:35 AM
Touching the cobwebs with your rapier causes it to become firmly stuck, requiring a strength check to pull it free.

Debatra
2011-03-29, 07:31 PM
...I don't suppose I can just take 20?

Rizban
2011-03-29, 09:35 PM
You may take 20

Rizban
2011-03-29, 10:29 PM
As you rip the rapier free, you look down to see a man forcibly cutting his way through the web with a magic dagger. He looks up and sees you. Your eyes meet. He casts magic missile on you, dealing 26 damage.

Debatra
2011-03-30, 06:12 AM

Adeak steps back into the main hall, closes the door, and gets the hell out of there.

Will Disbelief in case the front door hasn't decided to reappear: [roll0]

Even on failure, he tries it.

Rizban
2011-03-30, 07:43 PM
You manage to find the door and escape before the other PC can fight his way through the web to the top of the stairs.

Debatra
2011-04-07, 03:32 PM
Moderately put off, Adeak makes his way to the nearest church, temple or what have you. Once there, he buys a 5th-level casting of Cure Serious Wounds.

Rizban
2011-04-08, 01:38 PM
The temple heals you completely, free of charge.

Debatra
2011-04-08, 04:53 PM
That taken care of, the Elf heads to the Sad Flint and glances around. Nothing catching his interest, he approaches the barkeep.

"Good afternoon. I hear talk this is the place to find some odd jobs." he sits down and leans on the bar. "If you don't mind, I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction; and I'll have a menu as well."

(Or is this the kind of place that has a big sign behind the bar with all they have?)

planswalker
2011-04-10, 09:45 PM
big sign type place

The bartender points to the sign behind him. "Here's the menu. If you meant that you wished to purchase it and use it for your own tavern, I'll part with it for 1000 gold. Otherwise, feel free to read it and order. As for jobs, I could always use another hand in the kitchen."

Debatra
2011-04-11, 10:01 PM
As Adeak responds, he reads over the menu.

"Not quite what I had in mind. I have certain skills that could be put to valuable use. If this isn't the place, I'll eat and be on my way."

planswalker
2011-04-12, 04:45 AM
"I can find a use for all sorts of people in my tavern. What sort are we talking about?"

Debatra
2011-04-12, 06:05 AM
"The subtle sort. People need things - and sometimes other people - taken care of without making a scene, they can come to me. I have other skills that would be put to similar use."

planswalker
2011-04-13, 12:19 AM
"Well, I don't have any needs of such a person. You might want to try elsewhere."

Debatra
2011-04-13, 06:16 AM
Odd. I didn't expect all the rumors to be true by any count, but I hought this would at least be a decent place for my lines of work.

"Oh well, maybe I have the wrong place. So what kind of jobs do you need done, and what's the pay? Also, a Dwarven Ale would do nicely."

planswalker
2011-04-14, 09:40 AM
"We have several positions on staff here at the Flint. Besides those, all we offer are positions requiring subtelty and the ability to not blab to every barkeep in sight." He says cheerily as he hands you your drink.

Debatra
2011-04-14, 06:52 PM
"Yes... I suppose that was incredibly stupid of me. I don't suppose you could overlook that for now?"

planswalker
2011-04-14, 07:39 PM
"Buy my finest ale for fifteen gold and I'll tell you what you want."

Debatra
2011-04-16, 04:09 AM
Without a word, the Elf puts the coins on the bar and drains the last of his first drink.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 04:36 AM
He takes your gold and says, "Tell the two guards over by the double doors, 'Cheezey cheeze munchkined the board.' They'll let you through, and you'll figure out what to do from there quickly."

Debatra
2011-04-16, 05:32 AM
"Much abliged." Adeak nods to the bartender and spends a minute or so enjoying his ale. When he finishes, he approaches the back door and turns to one of the guards.

"'Cheezey cheeze munchkined the board."

planswalker
2011-04-16, 11:13 AM
"I guess they did indeed." One of the guards said before opening the door for you.

On the other side is a dwarf sitting at a desk with a pile of papers strewn throughout. He glances up as you enter and says, "Oh, another one? Sign this and please don't disturb any papers on my desk. Last moron to do so was nearly refused service, the dirty little...." The rest of his rant is reduced to grumbling you can't quite make out as he pushes a paper your direction.

The walls are bare stone, and behind him is a black door made of iron.

Debatra
2011-04-16, 12:57 PM
Determined to not do two stupid things in one day, Adeak carefully reads over the form.

Sense Motive (hidden or double meanings, etc): [roll0]

Or can I take 20 here?

planswalker
2011-04-16, 01:17 PM
sense motive is rolled by the dm, secretly. This is to ensure that players don't try to metagame based off a low roll. for example, you probably wouldn't trust any results I gave you off that one you did, would you?

also, you may only roll once for sense motive. no taking 20, and no retries.

The document is a non-disclosure agreement requiring the ndersigned to reveal nothing abut what is in the rooms beyond. It claims to be magically enforced and vioators subject to working in the needle mines. Other than the harsh penalties associated with speaking of the contents of the rooms beond to others, there does not seem to be any loopholes that might screw you over.

Debatra
2011-04-16, 01:32 PM
Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, the Elf picks up a nearby pen and signs.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 01:51 PM
Checking over the document briefly, the dwarf says, "Good enough. Pass on through."

Beyond the iron black door is a pair of spiral staircases. One is labeled "employer", the other "employee". A well-groomed halfling greets you and says, "Good sir, what will it be? Looking to place a job or find one?"

Debatra
2011-04-16, 02:15 PM
"To find one. What sorts do you have?"

planswalker
2011-04-16, 02:26 PM
"Me, personally? None at all. I'm just the doorman. Can't go beyond me without me opening the door."

He begins to walk up the stairs to the left, labeled "employee"

Debatra
2011-04-16, 02:42 PM
Adeak follows the Halfling up the stairs.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 03:14 PM
He finds the second floor to have a large array of hallways, spaced evenly throughout the floor.

The halls are labeled by category, and the doors with names of employers. Adeak finds halls holding rooms for any sort of description imaginable.

Debatra
2011-04-16, 04:40 PM
Who or what is Kel?

Adeak wanders the halls until he sees one labelled [roll0]. He walks down this hall, browsing the signs on the doors.

1: Theft, repossesion, aquisition, etc
2: Assassination, Murder, Kill this guy, etc
3. Spying, etc

planswalker
2011-04-16, 07:52 PM
what Kel, where? I see no Kel. Only Debatra

"Avarice - Satisfied" is the first hallway that you find of such description.
ten out of twenty-four doors along this hallway have nameplates.

Debatra
2011-04-16, 08:05 PM
That doesn't make it make any more sense. Where did Adeak disappear to? :smallwink:

The Rogue moves to the nearest door with a sign and reads.

planswalker
2011-04-16, 09:00 PM
okay, I forgot your character's name and confused it with your screen name. I suck with names. go ahead and crucify me.

The nameplate reads "Edistris Edistras"

Debatra
2011-04-17, 10:56 AM
Not seeing the point in standing around, the Elf knocks. Assuming the response is something along the lines of 'Yes?', 'Come in', etc, he does so.

planswalker
2011-04-17, 07:02 PM
No response is given, but you do notice that the door is unlocked.

Debatra
2011-04-17, 10:02 PM
He opens the door and peers inside.

planswalker
2011-04-17, 11:37 PM
Inside is a white room with white walls, a white ceiling, and a white floor. There is no apparent door on any other wall than the one you came in through. A single black crystal on the ceiling is all that breaks the white monotony. Even this side of the door you entered through is white.

A neutral female voice from the ceiling says, "Name?"

Debatra
2011-04-18, 01:22 AM
Something tells the Elf that honesty is the best idea at the moment.

"Adeak Fallin."

planswalker
2011-04-18, 01:46 AM
"What makes you qualified to accept Edistras' job?"

Debatra
2011-04-18, 01:58 AM
"Well, I can't exactly say until I know what the job is. All I know at this point is that it falls under avarice. In general, I'd say one of, if not outright my best skill, is that of not making a scene of things."

planswalker
2011-04-18, 02:21 AM
"Did you not pay attention to the sign labeled 'avarice - satisfied'? You will be aiding the client in satiating his greed."

Debatra
2011-04-18, 02:46 AM
"Obviously. However, there are many ways to go about it. Will I raid some old ruins? Rob some rich folk? Surely you understand that different means require different skills."

planswalker
2011-04-18, 02:49 AM
"You are in a city filled with rich merchants and nobles. What do you believe the client will have you do?"

Debatra
2011-04-18, 03:28 AM
"The most obvious thing would be stealing, for which I can claim stealth and glib as advantages."

As he says this, he leans against a wall.

"Does the client have any specific items or targets in mind?"

planswalker
2011-04-18, 10:36 AM
"That will be answered in due time. The client has specifically requested that anyone who wished to work for him answer a riddle: 'When is your left hand?'"

The voice sounds almost apologetic. "I'm afraid I have to abide by his requests."

Debatra
2011-04-18, 01:14 PM
"Hmm. The first thing that comes to mind is nine o'clock."

planswalker
2011-04-19, 12:33 AM
"Sorry, but that is not the answer the client is looking for, and thus I am forbidden from giving you this job. Do you wish to know the answer he was looking for?"

Debatra
2011-04-19, 12:48 PM
"I might as well hear it."

planswalker
2011-04-19, 12:53 PM
"Only a deranged fool cares about the answer to such nonsense."

"I truly am sorry."

Debatra
2011-04-19, 10:53 PM
"Don't be. It's not your fault you have to speak here for a buffoon. Good day."

With that, Adeak steps out and approaches the next nearest door with a sign. After reading it, he enters.

planswalker
2011-04-19, 11:02 PM
The name reads simply: "Jinzo"

"Name?" Asks a seemingly identical voice from a nearly identical room.

Debatra
2011-04-19, 11:36 PM
"Adeak Fallin."

planswalker
2011-04-19, 11:41 PM
"What makes you qualified to accept the job?"

Debatra
2011-04-20, 12:54 PM
"Mainly I know how to avoid making a scene. I'm also highly skilled in stealth and glib."

planswalker
2011-04-21, 01:14 AM
"Mind if I test you? Tell me three truths about yourself and a falsehood. If I don't figure out which is false, you'll get the job. It's easy enough to say you're glib. Put your words where your mouth is."

Debatra
2011-04-21, 09:13 PM
"I'd be disappointed if you didn't."

"I generally prefer Dwarven Ale to Elven Wine."

"I once had a drunken one-night stand with a Halfling barmaid."

"My brother is a fairly skilled Abjurer." [roll0]

"I'm a dabbler in arcane magic myself. I'm not great at it though."

planswalker
2011-04-23, 07:34 AM
[roll0]

"Well, I must say, you threw that last one out there rather hastily. Prove your arcane prowess or lack thereof and the job's yours."

Debatra
2011-04-23, 05:58 PM
"It's quite difficult to prove what one can't do. At any rate, meet my brother, who is in reality an Illusionist."

Adeak casts Disguise Self. The changes are... unimpressive at best. His hair changes to black, his eyes to red, and his clothes become rather bland-looking robes.

"For the moment, further displays of my magic are impossible."

OOC Translation: I have a grand total of one spell slot/day.

planswalker
2011-04-24, 12:11 AM
"That is sufficient to prove that you spoke the truth with the statement I thought to be false. Continue on through."

A panel in the far wall slides away.

Debatra
2011-04-24, 11:59 AM
Dismissing his illusion, Adeak walks through the new opening.

planswalker
2011-04-24, 08:03 PM
A female dwarf sits behind a desk in a room themed identical to the last one. It is apparently her voice that you heard from the cieiling in the previous room.

"Now then, any questions regarding the employrer himself before I give you the address?"

Debatra
2011-04-25, 06:01 AM
"Any quirks I should be made aware of?"

planswalker
2011-04-25, 04:28 PM
"As far as quirks go, well, he is a jaani, one of the lesser djinni. Mostly, though, he's just a very successful merchant."

She gives you an address with instructions for hot to get there.

and cue Riz taking back over.

Debatra
2011-04-25, 10:24 PM
Adeak goes back up to the main floor of the Flint and pays for a room for the night. The next morning, he heads to the given address and knocks on the door.

How much is a room again? I remember mention of a few silver.

Rizban
2011-05-01, 10:08 PM
The room is 3 gold per night.

[hr]The building appears to be made of sandstone, a singular peculiarity within the city, and almost a perfect square. It seems to be rather small, perhaps 100 feet on each side and 20 feet tall. Grand columns stand along the walls at regular intervals, decorative arches linking them.

The doors are made of polished brass and wrought with decorative plants, pomegranates being the most prominent. A heavy brass knocker with the face of a fierce rakshasa adorns the door within easy reach.

Debatra
2011-05-01, 11:06 PM
Adeak reaches up and knocks. Assuming the responce is something along the lines of 'come in', he does so.

Rizban
2011-05-01, 11:13 PM
The face blinks as you knock.

The door opens, and an efreeti stands there looking down at you... waiting.

Debatra
2011-05-01, 11:35 PM
"Would you happen to be Jinzo?"

Rizban
2011-05-01, 11:36 PM
"No."filler

Debatra
2011-05-02, 12:44 AM
"Do you know where I could find him? I have business matters to discuss with him."

Rizban
2011-05-02, 12:45 AM
"Yes."filler

Debatra
2011-05-02, 12:50 AM
"Alright then, please take me to Jinzo."

Rizban
2011-05-02, 12:55 AM
The eleven foot tall genie composed mostly of living fire does not appear amused by your order, even if phrased with a "please." His hand drops down to the great scimitar hanging from his belt.

"No."

Debatra
2011-05-02, 07:17 PM
"The only reason I'm here is to answer an ad he posted. If you won't take me to him, will you at least let him know that I'm here about a job?"

So... Diplomacy? [roll0]

Rizban
2011-05-03, 01:41 PM
The efreeti looks at you with annoyance.

"No."

He closes the door.

Debatra
2011-05-03, 07:18 PM
A bit put off, the Rogue heads back to the back room of the Sad Flint, hoping the password he was given would still be good.

Assuming it is, he heads down the "Employee" halls untill he finds something calling for assassinations.

If not, he approaches the bar and asks for the new password.

planswalker
2011-05-04, 12:21 AM
The password is not longer good.

The barkeep says, "Uh, you have a currently active job. You must contact the client and either make a contract or cancel it."

Debatra
2011-05-08, 02:41 PM
Okay, I think I have a viable idea. So how does mail work in Aldhaven?

...What are you looking at? I just don't think the client will appreciate me sneaking into his house in the middle of the night.

planswalker
2011-05-08, 04:33 PM
there is no mail system resembling our modern system. There are private courier services that one can hire.

Debatra
2011-05-08, 06:45 PM
Adeak sits at a table near the door for some time, before coming up with a possible solution. He takes out a pen, ink and parchment, and begins to write.

Dear Mr. Jinzo

Some time ago, you posted a want ad for unspecified work at The Sad Flint, by means I am not free to discuss. Using those same means, I came across that ad and came to your home to answer it. Upon my arrival, I was denied entrance by your Efreeti doorman. I am not complaining that he refused to let a complete stranger into your home; only that he refused so much as a message to you on my behalf. So I am sending this letter through a courier in hopes that he wouldn't hold deliveries from you. The courier has been instructed to wait several minutes for a reply, whether in writing or in person.

If he is gone before he recieves one, or if your reply includes the desire to do so, you can meet me outside Ezekiel's Supplies, just across from The Sad Flint tomorrow at noon.

Sincerely, Adeak Fallin

After finishing, he goes to the nearest courier office that has it's deliverers wear uniforms. He carefully observes the uniforms they wear. When he feels he knows them sufficiently, he heads back to Jinzo's, stopping at the last possible corner. The Elf casts Disguise Self. He makes himself appear as a human male wearing the uniform he'd been studying, and knocks on Jinzo's door.

Disguise: [roll0]

Rizban
2011-05-08, 11:52 PM
The door opens, revealing a 10 foot tall, bluish white humanoid with a stark white goatee. Frigid air seems to pour out from him, chilling you to the bone.

Looking down at you, he notes your uniform.

"Ah, another message. Well, get on with it."

Debatra
2011-05-09, 06:10 AM
"I'm sorry if this isn't quite what you're expecting me to do, but I have very specific instructions this time. I've been ordered not to let anyone read this other than it's intended recipient." Adeak continues with an apologetic shrug. "I'm sorry, but I'll need to speak directly to one Mr. Jinzo."

Rizban
2011-05-09, 02:33 PM
"I admit, I'm confused. Why would a singing courier be delivering a letter? Aren't you supposed to sing it and dance a little?

Hmmm..."

He leans in closer to look at you.

"Your uniform is missing your courier number. Obviously a disguise of some sort. Begone, liar."

Debatra
2011-05-09, 03:31 PM
"Excuse me? I'm not a singing courier. I have a letter for a man named Jinzo, and I want only to deliver it." He holds up the paper so the ink can be clearly seen, but not read. "If you are him, I ask that you read it. If you aren't, I ask you to fetch him."

"Please sir. I'm only doing my job."

Rizban
2011-05-09, 03:36 PM
"You wear a costume which looks like a member of a singing courier service. Yet it is not perfect. I give you one last chance to flee legal action and correct your ways."

Debatra
2011-05-09, 04:00 PM
"Very well then. Since you will not accept this letter, I've been instructed to inform Mr. Jinzo that my client wishes to discuss certain matters involving The Sad Flint. What matters, I was not told. He can be met tomorrow at noon in front of Ezekiel's Supplies. Good day to you sir."

With that, he lays the letter on the ground at his feet and leaves. After a few paces, he glances back to see if it was taken. Either way, he continues on his way. A few minutes after getting out of sight, he dismisses the Disguise.

Rizban
2011-05-09, 05:25 PM
He sees that the door is closed, and the letter remains on the ground.

He feels lucky that the genie didn't immediately attack him or call guards when his disguise was pierced.

Debatra
2011-05-11, 06:17 AM
After that bit of disappointment, Adeak decides to spend the next few hours learning what he can about this Jinzo character, and anything else that may be going on in town.

Time it for two checks. "anything else" with particular emphasis on recent crime and gang activity, but preferably not limited to it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rizban
2011-05-11, 04:29 PM
You learn very little, other than that Jinzo is a Janni who works at the building that you visited. [roll0]

You don't uncover anything worth mentioning that isn't listed in the Town Crier. [roll1]

It is now evening.

Debatra
2011-05-11, 07:33 PM
Adeak pays for a meal and another night.

3 gold for the room, and how much for the meal?

The next day, a few minutes before noon, the Gray Elf positions himself where he can see the entance to Ezekiel's, but far enough away so as to look like someone browsing the wares of a nearby vendor.

Hide: [roll0]

Rizban
2011-05-11, 08:35 PM
5sp.

You are inconspicuously standing around....

Debatra
2011-06-01, 07:35 PM
Yikes. Forgot about this...

He goes back to the Flint and sees about cancelling his contract.

EDIT: By the way Riz, you never got back to me about that homebrew request. I can resend if you need it.

Rizban
2011-06-01, 08:02 PM
You learn that the contract cannot be canceled. You are compelled to at least meet with your employer to cancel the contract, though either your death or his would also cancel it.

Please do, as I don't remember it or still have a copy of it.

Debatra
2011-06-02, 09:13 PM
He tries one last time at the given address. If the note from before is still there, he leaves it be for now.

Rizban
2011-06-03, 01:39 AM
The note is gone. This time when you knock on the door, a third individual opens it. He is only nine feet tall, with bronzed skin and dark brown, close cropped hair and a thin beard. He looks almost human but with inhumanly powerful muscles. He wears wight silk robes embroidered with gold and is wearing much ostentatious jewelry covered with large, valuable gems. Looking down at the top of your head, he says, "What do you want, puny mortal?"

Debatra
2011-06-03, 10:28 AM
"If I may, I'd like to speak to Jinzo. I'm told I can find him here?"

Rizban
2011-06-03, 10:30 AM
He holds out his hand and rubs his fingers together as if expecting something.

"He might be here... I can't seem to recall..."

Debatra
2011-06-03, 10:50 AM
Adeak pulls out five platinum, and casually looks at them in his hand. "A shame about that, though I hear there are services for sale that help with memory problems."

Rizban
2011-06-03, 02:33 PM
"That which clinks is shamed by that which sparkles."

Debatra
2011-06-06, 09:57 AM
"Well, you could always buy something shiny. You would know better than I what grasps your interests."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Rizban
2011-06-06, 02:13 PM
"If you think I'm interested in such minor trinkets, then you obviously are ignorant or a fool... or both. Go away before I kill you for your insult."

Debatra
2011-06-10, 05:19 PM
"As I said, I don't pretend to know what you would want. This would be easier on both of us if you would just tell me."

Rizban
2011-06-10, 10:51 PM
"A bribe worthy of my race and status, though I doubt a peon such as yourself can come up with something sufficient."

Rizban
2011-06-17, 10:57 PM
Are you still playing?

Debatra
2011-06-18, 12:17 AM
Yes. Sorry I haven't been posting. I recently became DM of another game. While I'm here, I may as well post a quick something to move things along.

Also,
Knowledge (Local) For what Jinzo actually looks like, since I was too dumb to try these before: [roll0]
Since this is where he works, another roll for where he lives: [roll1]

If either of the above actually falls under Nobility and Royalty, the modifier is +4 instead of +13

Adeak calmly explains that he doesn't have such an item on his person at the moment, and apologizes for wasting this person's time before walking away.

Rizban
2011-06-18, 01:58 AM
You know that Jinzo is a Janni, a being somehow related to Genies (Knowledge the planes to find out how), and your knowledge checks reveal that, as far as you know, all genies and creatures related to genies live in this rather small building.

Debatra
2011-06-18, 01:35 PM
Taking ten on an untrained Knowledge (The Planes) check then (14).

planswalker
2011-06-18, 05:26 PM
you can't take 10 on knowledge skills.

Debatra
2011-06-19, 12:21 AM
Oops. [roll0]

Rizban
2011-06-19, 01:33 AM
Jannis are descended from genies of different races and have a mix of their powers but are significantly weaker. They are often used as servants and, on rare occasions, slaves.

Debatra
2011-06-21, 03:34 PM
So, nothing on what he looks like?

With that, he decides to take a break from this Jinzo business, and see about the noble and his cat he's been hearing about.

Rizban
2011-06-21, 03:42 PM
Knowledge checks don't reveal specifics about an individual like that, especially if he's not a very important individual.Answering the advertisement, you find yourself before a small manor in Old Town. A placard on the wall next to the front gate reads "Feierabend."

Debatra
2011-06-21, 03:54 PM
Well I didn't know how important or unimportant he is, so I thought I'd try.

The Gray Elf knocks on the door.

Rizban
2011-06-21, 03:55 PM
A servant at the guardhouse by the gate opens a window.

"May I help you, sir?"

Debatra
2011-06-21, 04:11 PM
"Yes; I heard about the missing cat, and I was wondering if (*insert title and name of noble here*), or whomever he has dealing with the matter, would mind answering a few questions?"

Rizban
2011-06-21, 08:42 PM
"It's the daughter's cat who is missing. You may meet with her."

He opens the gate to let you through. Another servant leads you inside to a small sitting room and asks that you present your card.

Debatra
2011-06-21, 09:39 PM
:smallconfused: Did I miss something? Knowledge (Local)? [roll0] Identification? Business card?

Rizban
2011-06-22, 02:28 AM
He's asking for a formal card of introduction, something the nobles do. It's just a formal card with your name and title on it. Unfortunately, your character doesn't possess any.

Debatra
2011-06-22, 11:12 AM
Okay then. This next post runs on the assumption that my character knows this. I he doesn't/the knowledge check wasn't high enough, ignore this in favor of him asking what the man means.

"Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have one. If I am to be announced, announce me as Adeak Fallin."

Rizban
2011-06-22, 03:51 PM
"Oh... Very well, I shall return shortly."

The man excuses himself from the room. About fifteen minutes later, the servant returns.

"I'm terribly sorry, but the lady refuses to meet with someone so... common. I am, however, authorized to answer your questions."

Debatra
2011-06-22, 04:41 PM
"Yes, I should have expected as much. So, when and where was the cat last seen?"

Rizban
2011-06-22, 05:31 PM
"It was last seen when she was visiting her father in the Fortress built in the river. It ran north along the causeway into the Docks."

Debatra
2011-07-05, 01:47 PM
Did someone else already take care of this while I was in limbo?

"Alright. What does it look like? Does it respond to anything?"

Rizban
2011-07-06, 01:19 PM
Not yet. Only one person has even seen the cat so far."The cat's name is Jasper. He's a black and white and has a collar of red leather with a silver bell. His favorite food is smoked dire beaver."

Debatra
2011-07-07, 05:08 PM
"Well, unless there's something else that needs said," He waits a moment. If there is anything else, ignore the rest of this post. "I suppose I'l be off then."

He heads to the nearest Tavern and asks about getting roughly a quarter-pound of smoked Dire Beaver to go.

Rizban
2011-07-08, 10:31 AM
They laugh at you and inform you that only the poorest eat nasty, tough beaver meat, and no reputable establishment sells it.

Debatra
2011-07-09, 02:18 AM
He leaves for the Docks in question, hoping to get the drop on the cat.

Move Silently: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]
Search: [roll4]

Rizban
2011-07-09, 03:45 AM
As you approach the Docks across King's Causeway, you spot a cat which looks much like Jasper sniffing around at the gatehouse on the Docks side.

Debatra
2011-07-09, 08:29 PM
Adeak stalks behind what is hopefully Jasper, drawing his Sap; the whole way studying the cat for a paralyzing Death Attack.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

(all nonlethal, of course)

Fortitude DC 15 or paralysis for [roll3] rounds.

Rizban
2011-07-10, 08:19 AM
As you approach the cat, he looks directly at you, hisses, then takes off running north into the Docks.

Debatra
2011-07-15, 09:05 AM
Giving up the premise of stealth, the Gray Elf pockets his Sap and gives chase, drawing his bow.

Rizban
2011-07-15, 01:04 PM
The cat is running at full speed to the north.

You draw your bow.

Debatra
2011-07-15, 01:29 PM
Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if I still had line of sight.

Taking the -4 for nonlethal damage.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

planswalker
2011-07-18, 01:13 PM
nudge, Rizban.

Rizban
2011-07-18, 08:31 PM
You hit the cat quite easily; however, it keeps running and is around a corner before you can nock another arrow.

Debatra
2011-07-19, 11:57 AM
Adeak continues the chase, staying ready to fire again.

Rizban
2011-07-19, 02:43 PM
The cat seems more intelligent than it should be and manages to always break line of sight before you can take aim. You follow it all the way through the Docks into the slums north of there. Your last glimpse of the cat is as he jumps into a large hole in the ground inside the ruins of a burned out building.

Debatra
2011-07-19, 04:12 PM
Well, this ought to be fun... the Elf thinks as he approaches the door.

Disable Device: [roll1]
Open Lock: [roll2]

Rizban
2011-07-19, 11:29 PM
There is no door. It's a hole in the ground.

What is left looks a lot like this (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tw5hXrbf1kg/TBmKj51r9MI/AAAAAAAAAJI/qEJIKGdrqhE/s1600/gwtw+n.jpg).

Debatra
2011-07-20, 07:25 AM
Go in the door, climb down the hole; Same principle.

Search for Jasper: [rol Taking 20 for 35. Ready to strike with Sap.

Rizban
2011-07-21, 02:46 PM
The hole appears to be the remnants of stairs carved into the earth leading into the former building's basement. The stairs descend into the charred husk of a basement. Burnt debris litters the floor, while cracked beams hang heavily fro the ceiling. As you step into the wreckage, your boots crunch on broken pottery, bits of plaster, and other burnt out material you'd rather not ponder. The roughly square space is about 30'x30' and has two exits hewn from the ground, one directly before you and the other in the wall to your left.

Debatra
2011-07-23, 12:53 PM
Let's try the left.

Rizban
2011-07-23, 01:07 PM
The floor of this room is littered with broken glass and other sharp, pointy debris. Empty shelves line one wall, and a dusting of ash and page fragments attest to the small collection of books once housed here. This room is otherwise empty, though there is one exit on the right hand wall.

Debatra
2011-07-23, 02:48 PM
Adeak briefly glances over some of the surviving papers before taking the right path.

Rizban
2011-07-23, 02:57 PM
None of the papers survive beyond small pieces burned to a size less than an inch. The ones you attempt to pick up crumble as you do so.

The right path from the first room or the exit to the right in this room?

Also, I've lost your character sheet. Can you PM it to me again?

Rizban
2011-07-25, 12:10 PM
The next room is about 30 feet across but a good 70 feet in length, extending to your left and right. A door to your right appears to enter into the room with the stairs through which you entered. Burnt wreckage litters the floor, including the charred remains of three great wine casks that crashed through from above when the floor gave way in the fire. Two exits on the wall in front of you seem to go deeper into this labyrinth of interconnected basements.

Debatra
2011-07-25, 09:26 PM
After checking that the right door indeed does lead back to the surface (and assuming it does), Adeak uses his rapier to mark the right door with an arrow pointing up. He then goes to the ([roll0] 1-left 2-right) path in front of him, marking the floor with an X.

Survival to avoid getting lost: [roll1]

Rizban
2011-07-25, 10:08 PM
You mark the walls and floor.

This room is mostly bare except for a small, open shaft in the ground leading down. The sound of moving water echos up from below.

Debatra
2011-07-26, 09:36 AM
I go back and take the left path, marking it in the same way.

Rizban
2011-07-26, 10:42 PM
As you are about to step into the room, you see several skeletons armed with short swords blocking your path.

Debatra
2011-07-27, 12:07 PM
If they don't appear to see me yet, I try to sneak around them.

If they do, I ready an action to attack whichever tries to attack me first, taking the -4 to hit in order to deal lethal damage with my sap.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] Bludgeoning.

Rizban
2011-07-28, 12:24 AM
They completely block the doorway, preventing your from sneaking past.

None of them move to attack. They're just hanging around...

Debatra
2011-07-28, 02:38 AM
Keeping the above attack readied, the Elf just decides 'why not?'. He walks up to one of the skeletons.

"Hello there. ...I don't suppose you can let me pass?"

Rizban
2011-07-28, 02:57 AM
He doesn't react.

Debatra
2011-07-29, 05:01 PM
Still keeping the attack readied, he attempts to slip/push past them. Assuming they neither let him through nor initiate combat; he shrugs, positions himself so that no more than one is adjacent to him (if possible) and attacks one.

Can I use the above roll, or do I need a new one?

Initiative: 120+4

Rizban
2011-07-30, 01:12 PM
As you push past them, they swing back and forth on their ropes. Indeed they're just skeletons suspended from the ceiling to look scary. A closer examination reveals a hollow spot in the ceiling where they appear to have been concealed earlier, allowing them to drop down and scare people. It seems as if someone has already spring this "trap."

Debatra
2011-07-31, 02:06 PM
Adeak mentally facepalms, checks for any further traps, and pushes past them.

Rizban
2011-07-31, 04:25 PM
He finds no more traps. Pushing past the skeletons, he finds a room filled with garbage being dumped through a covered hole in the ceiling. Signs of a minor battle and a number of dead monstrous centipedes litter the room. On the far side of the room is a hole in the ground with a large sewer grate next to it leaning against the well, obviously having been removed from the hole to allow someone to climb down.

Debatra
2011-08-01, 04:14 PM
Into the sewars it is then.

Rizban
2011-08-01, 04:15 PM
On closer inspection, you note that anyone entering the tunnel will slide to the bottom of the moldy tunnel without any obvious way to climb back out this direction.

Debatra
2011-08-01, 05:26 PM
Adeak fastens his rope and grapple to something and gives a few strong tugs before lowering himself down the tunnel.

Rizban
2011-08-01, 05:36 PM
Make a Use Rope check.

Debatra
2011-08-01, 06:04 PM
(Untrained) Use Rope: [roll0]

Rizban
2011-08-01, 08:01 PM
As you tug on it to test it, the grappling hook comes loose.

Debatra
2011-08-01, 11:28 PM
Can I take 20?

If I can, I do.

Rizban
2011-08-02, 02:39 AM
Indeed you can. The rope is set, and you lower yourself safely into the darkness below. When you reach the bottom, you find yourself in total darkness. WIthout darkvision or a source of light you are blind.

Debatra
2011-08-02, 01:13 PM
Hmm...

Could I perhaps make an improvised torch by dipping something in Alchemist's Fire?

What would you say is the factor that ignites AF when used normally? Contact with open air?

Rizban
2011-08-02, 03:00 PM
Alchemist's fire ignites on contact with air. It, unfortunately, only burns for two rounds, including the round it is ignited.

Debatra
2011-08-02, 03:29 PM
He climbs back up, gathers his rope, and heads back to the other marked path. The Elf peers down the shaft.

Rizban
2011-08-02, 03:36 PM
The shaft goes straight down into darkness. The walls are covered with a thick, slimy mold. You can hear the sound of running water clearly. Judging by what you experienced down the other tunnel, this one exits out not too far from the first one... it's just a straight drop inside of an incline.

Debatra
2011-08-02, 04:30 PM
I head back and move along the long room, looking for other doors and such.

Debatra
2011-08-12, 05:55 AM
....Hello?

Rizban
2011-08-17, 11:27 PM
Sorry, the forum didn't display your first post when I entered the thread and was showing me as the last poster... and I haven't had time to post since your second one. I apologize for the wait.Searching carefully, you find a small hidden panel in the wall. It appears to be locked.

Debatra
2011-08-19, 01:02 PM
Happens all the time.

Open Lock: [roll0]

Rizban
2011-08-19, 03:43 PM
The lock yields easily to your skill.

Debatra
2011-08-25, 09:47 PM
Check for traps, and probably open it.

Rizban
2011-08-25, 10:29 PM
You find no traps on the door.

Debatra
2011-08-26, 11:52 AM
Open then.

Rizban
2011-08-27, 04:23 PM
Inside is a narrow tunnel leading straight down with a crude ladder built into the wall.

Debatra
2011-08-28, 08:06 AM
Can I see anything at the bottom?

Spot/Search (same modifier either way) : [roll0]

Rizban
2011-08-28, 01:42 PM
The bottom is shrouded in total darkness.

Debatra
2011-08-28, 07:55 PM
Okay, now remind me what doors are available? I believe I've been through four (two exits, two leading into darkness), and then this panel.

Rizban
2011-08-28, 09:59 PM
___________ _______
| | | |
|Battle room| | well |
|with grate | | room |
|down | | |
|______ ____|_S__|___ ___| S = Secret Door w/Ladder
| |
| Hallway |
|______ _____________ ___|
| | |
| | S|
| | t|
| |a|
|_________|____________|i|
|r|
|s|

Debatra
2011-08-29, 01:16 AM
Thanks. Not much that can be done for now without a light source, which I've been noticing my characters are gaining infamy for not having.
---
Keeping an eye out for Jasper, Adeak makes his way back to Aldhaven proper, and to Erbauer's shop.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Do I need to go to the thread, or can I do this here?

Rizban
2011-08-29, 05:26 AM
Either one is fine.

Debatra
2011-08-29, 10:45 PM
I'll stay here then. So, what's he see when he goes in?

Rizban
2011-08-29, 10:50 PM
Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos sits on the north-west side of the Plaza on Mastiff's Road. A stout wooden door with elegant etching work opens onto the Plaza. The sign hanging on the corner of the building has a picture of a bag of holding with rings, swords, and other magical items protruding from it and reads:

Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos
Custom magical items, discount rates.
Accepts almost anything magical in trade.
Sizable discount to all new customers!

Inside is a small workshop, about twenty feet by forty feet. On entering, one does not find a true proper shop area, and there is often at least one apprentice working on something. Hagan can sometimes be found wandering about the shop and always takes a moment to attend to customers when they enter. The nymph Clearwater minds the counter near the front door which separates the entryway from the workshop.Hagan is currently out.

Debatra
2011-08-30, 07:01 PM
I read the OP; I just needed specifics (who's in, etc). Anyway...
---
"Good afternoon, Madam. I've heard some great things about this place, and I'll walk away a satisfied customer if even half are true."

Rizban
2011-08-31, 12:47 AM
"Well, sir, what may I help you with today?"

Debatra
2011-08-31, 02:50 AM
"I've heard that certain weapons can be combined into one for faster switching; I believe he called it a 'Swordbow'. I was wondering if I could have one made here. If possible, I'd prefer if you could just combine two of my current weapons into it. I imagine that'd be easier than making one from scratch. If not, I'll simply hand them over as part of the deal. Now I've heard Mr. Erbauer doesn't exactly like making weapons, so perhaps he'll be pleased to hear that I'd also like it enchanted so it can deal nonlethal damage."

"I could also use something to make me a bit stronger, or perhaps faster. However, I'd prefer to get an estimate on the weapon before talkng about other things. Either way, I'll need an Everburning Torch as well."

Translation:

Magic Item Compendium, pg 61. The specific Swordbow I'm asking for isn't in the book, but it's a simple enough idea. +1 Rapier/+1 Composite Longbow (+4 Str Rating), +1 Merciful Swordbow
Everburning Torch
Depending on the price of that, Bracers of Blinding Strike, MIC pg 198
Maybe a +Str item

Rizban
2011-08-31, 03:41 PM
The Rapier/Shortbow combo is printed as a Light Swordbow, and because these are specific weapons rather than general properties, I'm going to have to say that a rapier swordbow can't be a Great Swordbow, i.e. not a composite longbow.

Debatra
2011-08-31, 03:52 PM
Can I make it either a Rapier/Compsite Shortbow or a Shortsword/Composite Longbow? (preferably the latter)

Rizban
2011-08-31, 08:52 PM
I'll let you do a rapier/composite shortbow.

Debatra
2011-08-31, 08:55 PM
Okay, so an Everburning Torch, a +1 Merciful Light Swordbow, and we'll see depending on the bill so far from there.

He'll be offering all three of his +1 weapons in the transaction.

Rizban
2011-09-02, 02:52 AM
"Well, the everburning torch will be standard market price, but I'm going to need more details about the bow to determine its price. How heavy, exactly, were you wanting the pull on the bow to be?"I.e., what Str rating? +1? +4? +9?

Debatra
2011-09-03, 06:11 AM
"Well, I suppose it ultimately depends on the price, and whether or not I can afford something to make me a bit stronger. For the estimate, let's go with *number*."

+4 for now, perhaps to change later

Rizban
2011-09-03, 01:37 PM
Clearwater touches a crystal attached to her temple and is quiet for a moment before responding.

"Right, well, the torch, as I said, will be 110 gold, and the swordbow you've requested will be 15300."

Debatra
2011-09-03, 07:30 PM
The Elf (slowly and deliberately) draws his blade in one hand, and his bow in the other. He sets them on the counter before taking out his sap and placing it alongside them.

"And how much credit would these be worth? I also feel considerably more comfortable asking about that something to make me faster and stronger."

Translation
Price-checks for Bracers of Blinding Strike (MIC, pg 198) with +0, +2 and +4 Str enhancements. Swordbow's Str Rating is probably going to be lowered based on this.

Also
I only just saw the announcement in the recruitment thread. If you're still looking for DMs, I'm moderately experienced and have more free time than I know what to do with.

Rizban
2011-09-04, 01:52 AM
I'm not really sure you have the feel for AVB just yet. I suppose I could let you DM a single player on a trial basis, but I'm hesitant to do so, because that requires giving you access to the DMing material..."Each weapon will be worth 1500 in store credit."

Debatra
2011-09-04, 02:57 PM
And the bracers?

Well, I'm rather good at handling Meta-Knowledge, but whatever you think is best.

Rizban
2011-09-05, 12:28 AM
"The bracers would be 3,750.
With +2 Strength, 6,750, +4 is 15,750, and the +6 is 30,750."

Debatra
2011-09-05, 06:52 AM
*does math*
*checks sheet*
*whew*

"Well, then you can half the draw of the bow and forget a Strength Enhancement on the Bracers."

As Clearwater get's the new total, Adeak pulls out his money pouch and starts laying smaller pouches fom it on the counter.

Everburning Torch
+1 Merciful Swordbow (+2 Str Rating)
Bracers of Blinding Strike

Rizban
2011-09-06, 12:36 AM
"Alright, that total is 18,660 gp. And because you're a new customer, we require at least half in deposit prior to beginning the work."

Debatra
2011-09-06, 06:18 AM
.........WHAT?!?! How can we possibly have that much of a gap in totals??? I've got it at less than half that price!!!

Rizban
2011-09-06, 03:55 PM
14,800 - +1 merciful composite swordbow (+2 Str)
3,750 - Bracers of Blinding Strike
+ 110 - Everburning Torch
18,660gpOr If we're looking at Market Price rather than the discounted rates:
18,525 - +1 merciful composite swordbow (+2 Str)
5,000 - Bracers of Blinding Strike
23,625gpOverall, that's a 21.02% discount on your purchase.

Factor in that you're getting 1,500gp each for two +1 weapons rather than only 1,000gp each from a standard merchant, and you're saving even more money, bringing your actual savings up to 25.25%.

Debatra
2011-09-06, 07:53 PM
14,800 - +1 merciful composite swordbow (+2 Str)
18,660gpOr If we're looking at Market Price rather than the discounted rates:
18,525 - +1 merciful composite swordbow (+2 Str)
5,000 - Bracers of Blinding Strike
23,625gpOverall, that's a 21.02% discount on your purchase.

Factor in that you're getting 1,500gp each for two +1 weapons rather than only 1,000gp each from a standard merchant, and you're saving even more money, bringing your actual savings up to 25.25%.

You (Clearwater) said the bow was 5300(with the +4, which means it should be even cheaper than that now.)

5,300 - +1 Merciful Composite Swordbow

planswalker
2011-09-06, 10:23 PM
Clearwater touches a crystal attached to her temple and is quiet for a moment before responding.

"Right, well, the torch, as I said, will be 110 gold, and the swordbow you've requested will be 15300."

filler white text

Debatra
2011-09-06, 11:57 PM
Didn't see the edit. Nevermind then. Forget the swordbow/trading in of weapons.
---
The Elf sets the full price of the bracers and torch on the counter, taking back his weapons. "When can I expect to pick the items up?"

Rizban
2011-09-07, 03:43 AM
Sorry, I edited it just as you were posting your reply... The more recent edit is because I accidentally deleted the "be" while editing the first time.

It's so expensive, because you effectively have to pay for two +2 weapons plus the cost of the swordbow. Which is effectively 8000 + 8000 + 2175."Oh, well, we can have them ready this afternoon."

Debatra
2011-09-07, 05:05 AM
Sorry, I edited it just as you were posting your reply... The more recent edit is because I accidentally deleted the "be" while editing the first time.

It's so expensive, because you effectively have to pay for two +2 weapons plus the cost of the swordbow. Which is effectively 8000 + 8000 + 2175."Oh, well, we can have them ready this afternoon."

I know how they work. I'd wondered how it could've been marked so cheap, but hell if I was going to say anything. :smallwink:

"Excellent. I'll be back in a few hours then." With that, the Gray Elf leaves the shop. Without a light, he finds little to do, so he heads to the Town Crier. A few minutes later, satisfied Jasper still hasn't been found, and interest piqued yet again; he decides to go to the Shady Side Inn.

Rizban
2011-09-07, 01:35 PM
Unfortunately, the town crier informs him the that fighting ring has finished their first bout and isn't starting up a new bracket just yet. However, he estimates that his items are likely finished by now...

Debatra
2011-09-08, 02:59 AM
He goes back to pick them up, then goes back to the burned out building, and the hidden panel. Keeping Low-Light Vision in mind, what if anything can he see down there?