PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Stats of a Cat familiar?

ShippoWildheart
2011-03-20, 09:38 PM
Hi guys. I'm trying to stat up my familiar for a Sorcerer in a Pathfinder related game, and I'm unfortunately hitting a snag on how the skill points get calculated. Supposedly I can use my Sorcerer's skill points instead of the cat's since I get more skill points per level (5 per level). Now I took a look at this Pathfinder site, where it had stats for a Cat familiar, but I'm not sure if the skill points already include the 4 skill ranks (1 for placing one skill point, and +3 for being a class skill).

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/cat/cat

I don't know where the Perception +5 is coming from. Is that already calculating the skill ranks that comes with being a familiar, or is that a base bonus 5 ranks of Perception? Same question for the +6 in Climb, and +14 in Stealth. The reason is because I need to be sure if those are base ranks that a cat already has. If not, then by technicality I can turn the +6 to Climb into a +10, the +5 to Perception to a +9, and the +14 to Stealth into a +18.

Any ideas? :smallconfused:

Mojo_Rat
2011-03-21, 12:25 AM
I'm pretty sure the perception is 1 rank wis bonus and class skill bonus. the stealth is size modifier and racial modifier and dex.

pretty sure the climb is racial bonus and dex but rules wise in don't know where it comes from. but assume the points have all been spent.

ShippoWildheart
2011-03-21, 12:29 PM
Ah okay, Perception and Climb makes perfect sense now.

The only thing left is Stealth. So +2 DEX, +4 Racial = 6 only. Does it somehow get a +8 modifier for it's size?

Infernalbargain
2011-03-21, 12:30 PM
Ah okay, Perception and Climb makes perfect sense now.

The only thing left is Stealth. So +2 DEX, +4 Racial = 6 only. Does it somehow get a +8 modifier for it's size?

Yup for being tiny.

ShippoWildheart
2011-03-21, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. Cat familiar is now set. Time for magical adventures, Sabrina! :smallbiggrin: