PDA

View Full Version : Warforged becoming Nimblewright?

danzibr
2011-03-21, 08:49 AM
Or actually, any sort of golem for that matter.

I was talking to a friend of mine and he had the idea of using a golem manual on himself (he's Warforged).

I know (or at least I strongly suspect) that RAW doesn't cover this. What does everyone think?

supermonkeyjoe
2011-03-21, 09:21 AM
Or actually, any sort of golem for that matter.

I was talking to a friend of mine and he had the idea of using a golem manual on himself (he's Warforged).

I know (or at least I strongly suspect) that RAW doesn't cover this. What does everyone think?

It doesn't really make sense, that's like saying I use the blueprints on myself to become an animated house :s Has he looked at the warforged Juggernaut PrC, that's about as close as he could get by RAW, I'm not sure if Constructs can take golem grafts but that may be another option.

Halae
2011-03-21, 09:37 AM
As far as it goes, yeah, the Warforged Juggernaut class is probably his best bet at becoming more construct-like, as there doesn't seem to be any precedent for changing from one type of construct to another anywhere beyond houserules, and I doubt someones taken the time to do houseruling on the matter

LordBlades
2011-03-21, 09:47 AM
As far as it goes, yeah, the Warforged Juggernaut class is probably his best bet at becoming more construct-like, as there doesn't seem to be any precedent for changing from one type of construct to another anywhere beyond houserules, and I doubt someones taken the time to do houseruling on the matter

Actually, if he really wants a nimblewright, Polymorph any Object might work.
You need a score of 9+ to get a permanent result which he gets, since he's same kingdom, class and size as the nimblewright.

Serpentine
2011-03-21, 09:48 AM
As a DM, I would have him consider it his long-term goal to work out a way to do it, and then I'd homebrew something - and/or let him come up with something.
Mostly, my question is this: What is it, exactly, about being a Nimblewright or other construct that he wants?

danzibr
2011-03-21, 10:04 AM
Ahh, thanks all. I didn't know about Warforged Juggernaut.

IIRC, he said he wanted to become a Nimblewright for their immunities and bonus feats.

FelixG
2011-03-21, 10:09 AM
IIRC he could appl;y the half golem template?

Halae
2011-03-21, 10:09 AM
Ahh, thanks all. I didn't know about Warforged Juggernaut.

IIRC, he said he wanted to become a Nimblewright for their immunities and bonus feats.

ah, there's the thing - Those same immunities are the ones you can get by paying W. Juggernaut, and the bonus feats that Nimblewrights are easy enough to get with a high enough dexterity score and a few fighter levels, which is a lot easier to do than finding a way to transform your entire body, especially since he'd be giving up his ability to use warforged repair kits on himself, though that might not be as big a thing if he or someone else in the party can use Repair damage spells. Still, it's something to go over with him.

Otherwise, serpentine's suggestion is probably the best one here, followed by the one from Lordblades, the second of which he would't actually gain any benefit from except for changed stats and a few other things, like losing the living part of living construct