PDA

View Full Version : [Shadowrun] Rail guns?

NineThePuma
2011-03-21, 10:28 AM
A buddy of mine mentioned one offhandedly, but me being mostly unfamiliar with the system, I didn't catch everything. Now that I've inspected the systems more, I'm very interested, but can no longer find the item in question.

Help me GitP! You're my only hope.

Seerow
2011-03-21, 11:39 AM
I didn't find anything in either the core book, or arsenal, so I'm not really sure where it would be.

I found a pair of Rail Guns using google, but judging by the damage codes and availability charts, they're out of SR3.

Swordguy
2011-03-21, 11:52 AM
The last set of Railguns I recall seeing was from the Cannon Companion in the SR3 line. For SR4, you might try the book, War, which is a new release detailing, well, war in the Awakened World, and a book I haven't gotten to look through yet.

NineThePuma
2011-03-22, 01:50 AM
Ah, found it.

It's P30 of Arsenal, a Gauss Rifle. Same mechanics. And in the errata, it cuts all armor (except smart armor) in half before applying its armor breaking applies. Hello, anti-wall weapon.

Asheram
2011-03-25, 09:40 AM
Ah, found it.

It's P30 of Arsenal, a Gauss Rifle. Same mechanics. And in the errata, it cuts all armor (except smart armor) in half before applying its armor breaking applies. Hello, anti-wall weapon.

Wonderful. Get a rigger to spot for you and start sniping through walls. :smallbiggrin: