PDA

View Full Version : Bardic Casting Questions

Tyger
2011-03-21, 10:41 AM
Two quickies... the first I think I already know the answer to, but here goes.

1) Do the penalties associated with the various fear effects stack? If I have a shaken opponent, and he gets upgraded to frightened or panicked by another spell or bardic effect, do the numeric -2 to various actions become -4 and -6 respectively? My gut says no, but I am hoping I am wrong. :smallbiggrin:

2) The 4th level bardic spell Fugue from the SpC (page 100)... why doesn't this one get more press??? Perform checks are easy to get into the 30s and 40s, so you could lock down an entire group very easily. Sure, the Will save lessens its power, but this seems like both a flavourful and good combat utility spell. Thoughts on it?

Yora
2011-03-21, 10:52 AM
When you are shaken and get shaken again, you become frightened instead. You don't become double-shaken.

Why not use the Simple Q&A thread?

Vladislav
2011-03-21, 10:58 AM
When you are shaken and get shaken again, you become frightened instead. You don't become double-shaken.
However, it should be noted that many Shaken effects specifically tell you they don't stack into Frightened. When in doubt, read the actual description of the spell/ability/feat.

Yora
2011-03-21, 11:05 AM
Many? I think the core spells all work that way.