PDA

View Full Version : Destiny of The kitty

martianmister
2011-03-21, 11:01 AM
What will happen to Mr Scruffy after Belkar's death? Will he die as well? Will he adopted by OOTS? Or leave them and the story for some other guy? :smallwink:

suszterpatt
2011-03-21, 11:03 AM
He will eat Blackwing and become V's new familiar. Without Blackwing's guidance, V will forever stay evil and will go to hell where Belkar can torment him forever and ever. It's all part of the plan.

martianmister
2011-03-21, 11:09 AM
He will eat Blackwing and become V's new familiar.

V never do recruit her familiar's murderer as her new familiar. :smallbiggrin:

grimbold
2011-03-21, 12:10 PM
well this is hard
however i think seeing that the majority of the player characters are good aligned then i believe that they will keep Mr Scruffy along with them he will just have a much lesser role than what he currently has.

Ancalagon
2011-03-21, 01:31 PM
He will become a demon-hellcat after Belkar is dead and join him and Xykon to slaughter up the Abyss... or he finds a friendly master and lives happily ever after. Probably the latter.

Dvandemon
2011-03-21, 01:42 PM
Mr. Scruffy is an immortal kitty whom has been moving from power to power, manipulating people for food and shelter

pendell
2011-03-21, 01:47 PM
So is Mr. Scruffy goodcat or .. what was that other one? "Milk for the Milk Throne"?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

BadAndyMk3
2011-03-21, 02:13 PM
Wherever Belkar goes, kitty follows.

HappyBlanket
2011-03-21, 02:18 PM
What will happen to Mr Scruffy after Belkar's death? Will he die as well? Will he adopted by OOTS? Or leave them and the story for some other guy? :smallwink:

...What is your fixation with Mr. Scruffy?

He won't die as a direct result. He'll probably try to kill whoever killed Belkar, and die as a result of that. So indirectly, he'll die.

But I'm betting on new puppet ruler of Eviltopia (coming soon to a government conspiracy near you).

martianmister
2011-03-21, 03:53 PM
...What is your fixation with Mr. Scruffy?

No reason :miko:

He won't die as a direct result. He'll probably try to kill whoever killed Belkar, and die as a result of that. So indirectly, he'll die.

Great theory! :smallamused:

Phishfood
2011-03-21, 04:13 PM
Without belkar the rest of the oots will pay no attention to him. Without an ownder he will resort to begging for scraps, finally being taken in by a seedy man who will force him to pose naked with captions for cheezburgers. After a few months of this Mr Scruffy will become depressed, get addicted to crack and die of an OD.

nihil8r
2011-03-21, 04:26 PM
Without belkar the rest of the oots will pay no attention to him. Without an ownder he will resort to begging for scraps, finally being taken in by a seedy man who will force him to pose naked with captions for cheezburgers. After a few months of this Mr Scruffy will become depressed, get addicted to crack and die of an OD.

who will force him to pose naked with captions for cheezburgers l o l

Ender Wigin
2011-03-21, 04:27 PM
I got it.
Belkars soul will somehow wind up in the body of Mr. Scruffy, and we don't have to worry about the oracles proficy of Belkar taking his last breath, because any breath he takes won't be his, just Mr.Scruffys.
...By the way, is that even possible in Dungens and Dragons?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-21, 04:32 PM
I got it.
Belkars soul will somehow wind up in the body of Mr. Scruffy, and we don't have to worry about the oracles proficy of Belkar taking his last breath, because any breath he takes won't be his.

It's possible in a party where the fighter is a fallen angel who was put in a mortal body, the rogue has total amnesia, and the sorcerer is actually the reincarnation of a great wizard.:smalltongue: That sounds so cool.

CN the Logos
2011-03-21, 04:58 PM
I got it.
Belkars soul will somehow wind up in the body of Mr. Scruffy, and we don't have to worry about the oracles proficy of Belkar taking his last breath, because any breath he takes won't be his.

Not unless the DM is making new things up for that game, which the Giant has mostly avoided doing so far. There's a spell that allows you to switch bodies with someone, another spell that allows you to temporarily possess someone, and a psychic power that allows you to turn other people into copies of yourself, like Smith in the Matrix sequels, but all of those require you to be either a powerful wizard/sorcerer or psion, and Belker's a Ranger/Barbarian who doesn't even have the Wisdom to cast his Ranger spells. And I don't believe another person can cast those spells/powers on your behalf. And even if someone could, no one would want to, because Belkar is an evil little monster and the world will be better off without him in it.

Seriously, I have never understood the Belkar love. He's occasionally amusing, but for the most part he's just Alex De Large without the style. This comic will be better once he's gone and replaced by whoever survives the Gannji vs. Enor fight.

Ontopic: Mr. Scruffy is a housecat, complete with claws and predatory instinct. Assuming whatever kills Belkar doesn't kill him too, he'll be fine. I don't think he'll have to go feral though, based on #781, it looks to me like V is probably going to be the one to watch him after Belkar's death.

Ender Wigin
2011-03-22, 03:11 PM
It's possible in a party where the fighter is a fallen angel who was put in a mortal body, the rogue has total amnesia, and the sorcerer is actually the reincarnation of a great wizard.:smalltongue: That sounds so cool.

Thank you. Also:

Not unless the DM is making new things up for that game, which the Giant has mostly avoided doing so far. There's a spell that allows you to switch bodies with someone, another spell that allows you to temporarily possess someone, and a psychic power that allows you to turn other people into copies of yourself, like Smith in the Matrix sequels, but all of those require you to be either a powerful wizard/sorcerer or psion, and Belker's a Ranger/Barbarian who doesn't even have the Wisdom to cast his Ranger spells. And I don't believe another person can cast those spells/powers on your behalf. And even if someone could, no one would want to, because Belkar is an evil little monster and the world will be better off without him in it.

Dang, because it would have been pretty funny to see Belkar live his life as a house cat.

Barstro
2011-03-22, 03:36 PM
Dang, because it would have been pretty funny to see Belkar live his life as a house cat.

There would be no end to his mischief. In the semi-immortal words of Bart Simpson; "Nobody ever suspects the butterfly"

ThePhantasm
2011-03-22, 05:12 PM
This comic will be better once he's gone and replaced by whoever survives the Gannji vs. Enor fight.

Why does Belkar have to be replaced by anyone? Is there an official "the-OOTS-must-have-six-members" rule? I think it would be kinda cheesy if he was replaced.

suszterpatt
2011-03-22, 08:09 PM
Why does Belkar have to be replaced by anyone? Is there an official "the-OOTS-must-have-six-members" rule? I think it would be kinda cheesy if he was replaced.
Well, 6 is the standard size of a D&D adventuring party...

Hiro Protagonest
2011-03-22, 08:26 PM
Well, 6 is the standard size of a D&D adventuring party...

No, 4 is standard.

CN the Logos
2011-03-22, 11:25 PM

He doesn't have to be replaced, but I figured Roy might appreciate having the party tracker role (or whatever he keeps Belkar around for) be filled by someone who's actually competent at it and not a psychopath.

CletusMusashi
2011-03-25, 02:41 AM
Belkar will die, come back to life, and actively seek to re-unite with Mr. Scruffy, unaware that he is no longer a halfling but has actually been reincarnated as a fat tasty gerbil.

lothos
2011-03-25, 11:34 AM
No, 4 is standard.

I understand why you say 4 is standard - things like the definition of challenge rating. However I think others are suggesting 6 is standard in OOTS.

The order of the stick has 6 members (obviously) at the moment. The order of the scribble had 6 members (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html). Tarquin's party had 6 members (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0758.html). The Linear Guild had 6 members (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0043.html) (though that's just mirroring OOTS I guess).

I can only think of 1 example of a 4 member party we have seen - Start of Darkness Spoiler:
Eugene's party when he was actually pursuing his blood oath had 4 members, including uncle Myrtock.
Parties do come in other sizes, like the 2 people taking on the first black dragon we see killed by familicide in this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0639.html).

I guess the standard party side depends on your point of view, but I'd have said 6 is "standard" in OOTS.