PDA

View Full Version : Master Chymist- New extracts at level?

mooseofshadows
2011-03-21, 03:44 PM
So, I have a character that was planning on going the master chymist route, but I just stumbled upon something that kind of made me pause.

"Extracts per Day: At the indicated levels, a master chymist gains new extracts per day as if she had also gained a level in alchemist. She does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for extracts per day and an increased effective caster level for extracts."

Does that mean I don't get to learn a new extract at those levels? We're playing a really low money game (I'm at level 7 and have 250 gold, I've spent nothing since first level). I'm still trying to find the 3000 gold to get a +5 greater magic fang potion. I don't think there's any way I'll be able to afford the prices to pick up spells.

NamelessNPC
2011-03-21, 05:40 PM
No, you don't learn new extracts. If I remember correctly, in Pathfinder only spontaneous casters learn new spells when taking prestige classes.

Of course, you can houserule it

Infernalbargain
2011-03-21, 06:13 PM
If you're this poor and things are going to remain this way, what are you going spend that money on anyways? Probably nothing else will be as significant of a boost for only 250gp. Though I'd talk to your GM about how being so money starved is going to stop your character from functioning. Just 1-2k will make things feel a little looser. Anyways, how are the melee keeping up without gear?