PDA

View Full Version : Saint's Row 3: The Third - Admit it, you want to play it!

Callos_DeTerran
2011-03-21, 07:40 PM
Alright, this may not be new news to other people, but I only found out that the sequel to Saint's Row 2 was coming out today when I got my new Game Informer. Who else is excited as hell about this game? Nothing in the article I read struck me as a bad idea, not one. More cohesive storyline between the three gangs, even more customizable gang members, inspiration from movies like Shoot'em Up, luchador gangsters, absurd weapons, did I mention inspiration from Shoot'em Up or Talledega Night shout-outs?

warty goblin
2011-03-21, 07:52 PM
Just as long as it's in as horrendously bad taste as the second one. Well, that and runs on my computer without crashing every ten minutes...

Callos_DeTerran
2011-03-21, 07:59 PM
Just as long as it's in as horrendously bad taste as the second one. Well, that and runs on my computer without crashing every ten minutes...

From what I've read, the developing team is trying to make it even more horrendously bad in taste as the second. It'll be glorious.

warty goblin
2011-03-21, 08:19 PM
From what I've read, the developing team is trying to make it even more horrendously bad in taste as the second. It'll be glorious.

If it can top dressing up as a police officer and breaking up a domestic dispute with a chainsaw while on live TV I'll be tickled pink. Hell, even if it hits the same mark I'll be happy, that was a crazy good time.

Remember kids, everything is funnier with a chainsaw.

factotum
2011-03-22, 02:44 AM
Saints Row 2 was fun, so I'll be interested to see what they do with this one.

Om
2011-03-22, 03:11 PM
I shouldn't have liked SR2 but I ended up enjoying it immensely. The (other) good news is that Violition are now doing there own PC ports in-house (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/17/volition-boss-says-no-more-duff-pc-ports/). Hopefully this will lead to a much better PC experience than the last one

Jibar
2011-03-22, 03:22 PM
Alright, this may not be new news to other people, but I only found out that the sequel to Saint's Row 2 was coming out today when I got my new Game Informer. Who else is excited as hell about this game? Nothing in the article I read struck me as a bad idea, not one. More cohesive storyline between the three gangs, even more customizable gang members, inspiration from movies like Shoot'em Up, luchador gangsters, absurd weapons, did I mention inspiration from Shoot'em Up or Talledega Night shout-outs?

A summary of what was in that article:

Saints Row 3 will feature:
A gang of Luchadores
A gang made of internet trolls
A device for controlling other people's cars
Shaundi
A recruitable pimp with throat cancer whose staff is his voice box thingy, and who speaks in constant auto-tune
A recruitable ex-Luchadore
Customisable weapons
Airstrikes
A mix between Takeshi's Castle and Running Man
Septic Avenger, but with a tank

Just as long as it's in as horrendously bad taste as the second one.
An 'adult toy' weapon as big as a baseball bat
Sprint while stealing a car and you can dive through the windshield, boot the driver in the face and take the car
Driving round with a tiger in your backseat. In Co-Op the other player has to beat up the tiger to stop it mauling the driver.
More customisation for vehicles
A gigantic russian named Oleg who gets cloned so you'll have to essentially fight the Incredible Hulk a couple of times.
A furry costume.

The tutorial features you stealing a bank vault, getting kidnapped, escaping a plane in flight, stealing guns and a parachute in mid air, grabbing Shaundi, dropping Shaundi, falling back into the plane, fighting out of the plane, catching Shaundi and landing in an all new city ripe for the taking.

Also, Johnny Gat Bobble Heads have been mentioned as an example of the merchandising of the Saints and I swear if they make a real one for a Collectors Edition I'll buy it so fast.

So, basically, I'm excited.

Name_Here
2011-03-22, 07:08 PM
Man your statement is unclear. I thought you said Saint's Row 3 was coming out today. I was incredibly happy until I got onto Wikipedia and saw that it's coming out in Q4 this year.

But yeah I'm looking forward to this game more than a dialysis patient is looking forward to a new kidney.

You think that joke was tasteless enough for the game thread?

Woot Spitum
2011-03-22, 09:07 PM
After logging over 70 hours on Saint's Row 2, I am anxiously awaiting this.

thegurullamen
2011-03-23, 02:42 AM
I only had two complaints about SR2:

1) Customizing your vehicles tended towards the ugly
2) It needed more. Doesn't matter how much we got; we needed more.

Moar SR is good. I eagerly await this alongside ME3 for Q4.ACRONYMONIUS!

Borgh
2011-03-23, 05:09 AM
yay! violent muder!

(does happy dance)