PDA

View Full Version : Living Spell Shapechange

Foustus
2011-03-21, 08:46 PM
I was wanting of creating a living spell, using the template from MM3. Although its a shapechange spell, which negates pretty much the entire template. Seeing as it would be shangechaging and always be in another form(since that's it effect, and it doesn't really have a true form), it seems that the template isn't even required. Should I consider anything for it, or just use the spell as a creature that pretty much has permanent shapechange at will?

supermonkeyjoe
2011-03-22, 06:32 AM
I was wanting of creating a living spell, using the template from MM3. Although its a shapechange spell, which negates pretty much the entire template. Seeing as it would be shangechaging and always be in another form(since that's it effect, and it doesn't really have a true form), it seems that the template isn't even required. Should I consider anything for it, or just use the spell as a creature that pretty much has permanent shapechange at will?

I was under the impression that living spells could only be made out of AoE spells, at least that's the case for the Eberron campaign setting version, I assume the MM3 one is the same. Being as you're already into houserule territory then do as you will, the living spell part will still determine the creatures HP I believe, you may want to look into all the polymorph errata to see exactly what abilities it keeps and loses when shapechanging.