PDA

View Full Version : Icewind dale 2 lag

sims796
2011-03-21, 09:13 PM
Ok, so I've been playwind Dale 2 for some time now. Beaten it once, and am currently doing it again on Hard mode. I am up to the Goblin Warrens (the first part), yet for some reason, the game started to lag heavily for some reason. I have no idea why, as I have not made any major changes to my laptop.

I am playing on a hp dv6-1378nr laptop, using Windows 7 programming. I am not that computer savy, so if anyone has any solutions, that would be a huge help.

Mikeavelli
2011-03-21, 11:20 PM
Only the usual, turn down graphics, kill external programs, see if there are any compatibility issues (I've only ever played IWD2 on xp).

The Goblin Warrens feature those infinitely-respawning Wolf Riders summoned by drums, so it might be summoning them fast enough to overwhelm your computer keeping track of so many NPC's. Prioritize killing those first if you weren't already doing that, maybe it'll work?

Triaxx
2011-03-22, 06:10 AM
I've found most problems playing older games on modern computers can be solved by dropping to one core if it's a multi-core system. Some games run TOO fast, other games run so fast that they seem to slow down.

Try adjusting the graphics bit settings. It might be the graphics adapter having trouble with 16/32-bit graphics.

sims796
2011-03-22, 08:14 AM
I just don't get what's causing the problem. It was working perfectly, running smoothly, but that all seemed to change literally overnight.

At any rate, do you mean drop the graphics on the game's configuration, right?

Triaxx
2011-03-22, 10:25 AM
No, open the game, options, graphics, set it to 16-bit, or 32-bit.

sims796
2011-03-25, 11:29 PM
To those still interested, I found out why my game started to lag. Turns out, it wasn't a graphical issue after all! There is a problem with the script that whenever I'm in the Warrens (second level) and my party leader is not carrying the wardstones, the game will lag terribly. I wasn't the only one having this problem, so I was able to find and install a little fixpack, found here, if anyone else is havo=ing this problem.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/icewind-dale-ii-31/lag-in-the-goblin-warrens-27688.html