PDA

View Full Version : Possession + Mind Switch?

Angry Bob
2011-03-21, 10:50 PM
Original query:
How is it done? The possession ability says you add the quori spirit's ranks to the host's, but the sample creature's don't line up by a large margin to how I'm assuming it works.

So, for example, I'm making an Inspired NPC out of a Vessel Telepath 12 and a Dream Master(Magic of Eberron). For, say, Knowledge(psicraft), which let's assume the NPC has 15 ranks in, would you then add the quori's 15 ranks for a final modifier of 30 plus the creature's +6 intelligence modifier? Or does it work some other way? Because Know(Psi) doesn't really mean anything for an NPC, but if it's something important like Bluff, doesn't that seem high?

What happens when said Inspired uses mind switch on a PC? Do both the Inspired's mind and the Quori switch over, or does the quori stay behind? If so, what kind of will save does the PC in the Inspired's old body make to avoid control? Or is the Quori automatically ejected since they aren't willing?

supermonkeyjoe
2011-03-22, 05:41 AM
How is it done? The possession ability says you add the quori spirit's ranks to the host's, but the sample creature's don't line up by a large margin to how I'm assuming it works.

So, for example, I'm making an Inspired NPC out of a Vessel Telepath 12 and a Dream Master(Magic of Eberron). For, say, Knowledge(psicraft), which let's assume the NPC has 15 ranks in, would you then add the quori's 15 ranks for a final modifier of 30 plus the creature's +6 intelligence modifier? Or does it work some other way? Because Know(Psi) doesn't really mean anything for an NPC, but if it's something important like Bluff, doesn't that seem high?

I've always calculated it as Vessel ranks + quori ranks + appropriate stat mod of vessel after possession. yes it does come out as very high but seeing as all official stats have crazy high skills it seems to be working as intended and does fit with the fluff.

Edit: also looking at the inspired entry in the ECS all of the skills seem to add up to me, what's wrong with them?

Angry Bob
2011-03-22, 06:59 AM
I was looking at the Inspired Inquisitor from MoE, and it looked a little off. But I guess the Inspired from ECS looks fine.

Angry Bob
2011-03-23, 09:26 PM
New question in OP.

supermonkeyjoe
2011-03-24, 05:38 AM
Original query:

What happens when said Inspired uses mind switch on a PC? Do both the Inspired's mind and the Quori switch over, or does the quori stay behind? If so, what kind of will save does the PC in the Inspired's old body make to avoid control? Or is the Quori automatically ejected since they aren't willing?

I'd rule that since the power is being manifested from the Inspired vessel's powers then the inspireds mind would switch, Unsure about the Quori being ejected but I'd ask for a will save to eject it. The quori could possibly then possess the inspired in the PCs body if it was close enough to a Quori monolith as the inspired mind would be considered willing.