PDA

View Full Version : The Search [IC]

Zazori
2011-03-22, 02:46 AM
I wont make an OOC for this, since it's a solo game we should be able to control it.
Please put up OOC speech and stuff like this.

OOC

Bwarb Bwarb OOC thingiiies :D

IC goes as normal. I'd like rolls to be put in spoilers with the head text "Rolls"
Sheet

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=283676

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angela finds herself in the human city, Cremen.
She had heard news of an old blacksmith who might know something about Gornar.
She knows that his son is running the blacksmith business in Cremen now, since the old man has grown too old and weak.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-22, 10:42 AM
Angela walks through the town quietly, her sword sheathed at her waist. She had some time before she would start looking for the old smith, she'd like to know the layout of the town before getting into something that may or may not cause trouble, and from what she'd heard of gornar, it was likely going to cause trouble...

... After walking the town for a time, familiarizing herself with it, she heads to the local tavern and asks the barkeep for directions to the old blacksmith, hoping she could find him before the day is up rather than having to wait for tomorrow.

OOCI'll have her with her psionic focus already up, which gives her a +2 bonus on Sense Motive, Concentration, and Autohypnosis. And i changed that before starting. Traded ranks in Tumble for Sense Motive before starting as well.

Zazori
2011-03-22, 11:08 AM
I don't really know where the old man is, but try and speak with his son, you can find him at his house just next to the blacksmith. The barkeep says, he seemed fair and truthful.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-22, 12:47 PM
Angela nods and heads to the smithy, she'd like to, at least, get to know this smith's methods if not how to work and use gornar, the metal of stone. She'd also need to experiment on refining and smelting it to see if she could get it's properties to remain in an alloy.

Zazori
2011-03-22, 02:08 PM
You find the smith, it's around 4 o'clock in the evening. (16:00 on a 24 hour time)

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-22, 02:36 PM
Angela enters, hoping the current smith was in the forge rather than at his home, it would be far more awkward to have a random woman show up at his door asking about his grandfather than meeting someone at your work where she could speak as a fellow blacksmith seeking advice on a rare material.

Zazori
2011-03-22, 02:45 PM
As soon as you enter you can clearly hear the sound of metal smashed against metal, as a hammer forging iron.
The sound seems to come out from the back.
You can not see the smith, but several armors and weapons hang on the walls.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-22, 03:01 PM
"Hello," Angela calls loudly enough to be heard over the ringing of metal on metal.

Zazori
2011-03-22, 03:06 PM
The hammering stops for a few seconds and then begins again.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-22, 03:40 PM
Angela shakes her head and calls out again, waiting to hear the hammer stop again, then calls out once more, hoping it'll get the attention whoever's currently using the smithy. "I've heard that someone here knows how to work with gornar."

Zazori
2011-03-22, 03:49 PM
This time the hammering stops, and when you call again, you hear the hammer being dropped on some wood.

A young human male, steps forth from the back.
Gornar you say?

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-22, 04:37 PM
"Yes, i've heard someone in town knows how to work with it," Angela replies, "I simply wish to learn how to as well."

Zazori
2011-03-22, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't know how to myself, but if you find my father, he should be able to teach you.. However I don't know where he is, the last I've heard of him, was when he went into the woods just east of here.. if you go there to look for him, please bring him home.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-22, 05:15 PM
Angela brings her hand to her forehead, "I'll go find him, just tell me what to expect, what he looks like, anything i may run into, that sort of thing."

Zazori
2011-03-23, 01:45 AM
He looks mostly like me, just older and bold, he usually walks around with his walking staff, you might run in to wolves, I don't know much about the woods.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-23, 12:29 PM
Angela sighs and heads out, "I'll bring him here as soon as possible," she says. Just once she'd like to learn something without going on some wild goosechase.

Zazori
2011-03-24, 01:54 AM
Thank you, I'm sure he will teach you how to use gornar if you find him.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-24, 12:17 PM
Angela takes a brisk pace to the forest, keeping her hand near her sword the entire time. She really hoped this would be worth the trouble, she really hated wasting her time.

After reaching the forest she walks in a ways and starts to look arround, the only problem really being she had no idea how to track people, or even how to find signs they've been in the area. Now she had to rely on luck and guess work to find the old man.

Zazori
2011-03-25, 06:32 AM
You find a path leading in to the forest.

As you walk down the path, it splits, one going right and one going left, both path looks exactly the same.

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-25, 01:11 PM
Angela sighs, again, and continues down the left path. Likely as not the old smith wouldn't be on the established path, though, so she kept her eyes and ears open for anything that would hint at the smiths location.

Awareness RollsSpot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-25, 04:13 PM
Sorry, my hard drive on my laptop is dead and i have to get it replaced. My posting is going to drop drastically

EdroGrimshell
2011-03-31, 10:22 PM
Got a new laptop so i can start posting regular again

Zazori
2011-04-01, 12:34 AM
yup, sorry I haven't posted, I've been busy with the new house and stuff.

Zazori
2011-04-03, 05:52 PM
After a long walk, you find what seems to be the ruins of an old church.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-03, 06:36 PM
Angela looks at the ruins for a moment, looking for signs of what deity it was dedicated to.

RollSearch: [roll0]

Zazori
2011-04-04, 12:54 AM
The church was dedicated to Pelor.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-04, 09:09 AM
Well at least that was a good sign, having a deity of healing protecting the place, in a sense. She enters the church, stopping momentarily to offer a prayer to Pelor before continuing farther into the church, again keeping her eyes and ears open for anything.

Awareness RollsListen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Zazori
2011-04-04, 11:21 AM
It's a normal church with benches on each side and an altar down at the end.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-04, 01:44 PM
Angela walks through the church, looking over it to find anything that may hint if the smith had been here recently.

Take 20 on Search Check

Zazori
2011-04-08, 12:45 AM
After just 10' into the church the floor crumbles beneath you, reflex save.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-08, 09:45 AM
Reflex: [roll0]

Zazori
2011-04-08, 11:26 AM
You manage to jump away from the danger, but as you make your way to safety you see that there is a cellar beneath the church.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-11, 11:22 AM
That answered one question, the old man would likely have set this off if he came by, she walks around still, hoping to spot anything of use in the basement. Once done checking, she will attempt to get anything of use and then head off back the way she came, leaving a prayer as she goes.

Zazori
2011-04-12, 02:09 PM
You move around the cellar, you see different benches, tables, chairs and other accessories, but you also spot that the wall down in the other end of the cellar is looking like it's about to crumble.
The crumbling part of the wall has a round shape, it seems big enough for a dwarf to walk normally, but it would not be high enough for a human.

EdroGrimshell
2011-04-12, 02:58 PM
Angela walks over slowly and pushes the wall with her hand.

Zazori
2011-04-14, 01:59 PM
It crumbles, revealing a long and dark tunnel.