PDA

View Full Version : epic level handbook

kiryoku
2011-03-22, 01:15 PM
did they ever make it into 3.5

Savannah
2011-03-22, 01:49 PM
As far as I know, the only 3.0 books to be re-released as 3.5 are the PH, DMG, and MM. So I don't believe they ever formally updated the Epic Level Handbook (although there might be a conversion guide for it on the WotC website). However, 3.0 and 3.5 rules are similar enough that I've not had trouble using 3.0 sources in my 3.5 games (I just look them over carefully in advance and chance a few things if necessary).

kiryoku
2011-03-22, 01:51 PM
i was wondering what the demilich had for a level adjustment because it does not say

Savannah
2011-03-22, 01:57 PM
Generally speaking, if there's not a LA listed, it's not supposed to be for player characters (I've found that the 3.0 books tend to put it in a different spot, but they still have it). It is odd that it has a section on "Demilich Characters" without any mention of LA, however. I'd say talk to the DM and work something out.

kiryoku
2011-03-22, 02:01 PM
i am the dm and was wondering what it was because most of the templates are kind of random on the level adjustments and its for one of my players.

Savannah
2011-03-22, 02:08 PM
Ah, well in that case, the only thing I can advise you to do is wait for one of the posters who can actually judge what the LA on a demilich should be to come around, as I have no chance of guessing :smalltongue:

kiryoku
2011-03-22, 02:11 PM
ok thank you

hydraa
2011-03-22, 02:19 PM
There is a revision update available (should be or was on wizards site)

There is a couple of changes for the demilich, one of consideration is that the spellcasting was restricted a bit and but it was sped up some

Urpriest
2011-03-22, 05:15 PM
Yeah, the Update booklet doesn't give the Demilich a level adjustment, which means it's LA - and not available to players without houseruling. So if you want to play one you've got some work to do.

Runestar
2011-03-23, 12:43 AM
I definitely recall the demilich being given a LA of +12 somewhere (including the +4LA for being a lich). :smallconfused: Or was it an ECL of 33 for a 21st lv spellcaster?

Aharon
2011-03-23, 05:13 AM
Monsters that are not playable usually lack the line "x as characters", which demi-lichs have:

Demilich Characters

The process of becoming a demilich can be undertaken only by a lich acting of its own free will. The demilich retains all class abilities it had as a lich.

This implies they are intended to be playable. As no LA is listed, it becomes a bit iffy. Best is probably to take the CR increase (+6) as LA, resulting in something similar to Runestar's number (+10 instead of +4).

Runestar
2011-03-23, 06:00 AM
Monsters that are not playable usually lack the line "x as characters", which demi-lichs have:

This implies they are intended to be playable. As no LA is listed, it becomes a bit iffy. Best is probably to take the CR increase (+6) as LA, resulting in something similar to Runestar's number (+10 instead of +4).

Page 156 of the ELH lists demilich's LA as +12, though that is 3.0, so I am not sure how relevant it is in 3.5.

Aharon
2011-03-23, 06:13 AM
Ah, ok. I was going by the SRD entry. Sometimes, it diverges from the books, wouldn't have guessed this to be such a case.

kiryoku
2011-03-23, 07:05 PM
ok nevermind thats way to many levels lost i will take evolved undead template or spellstitched or some thing similar with only 1 or 2 level adjustment.

Jack_Simth
2011-03-23, 09:30 PM
did they ever make it into 3.5
Well, there was a 3.5 update booklet on www.wizards.com - they've been culling the 3.5 material, though, so it may no longer be there.

However, all but the fluff, and a handful of creatures, were released in the SRD. The Demilich (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/demilich.htm) is specifically listed as being a character option, but doesn't have a listed LA....