PDA

View Full Version : [MM2e]Nullification Question

Darth Stabber
2011-03-22, 02:42 PM
If I have a Nullify power as a reaction with a sustained duration, can I, in response to being targeted by a nullify effect, Neutralize myself, and Voluntarily fail the save? And if I do that, does it render the enemy nullify inneffective (since I have no powers when it hits), allowing me to stop sustaining it as a free action and get my powers back instantly?

The Dark Fiddler
2011-03-22, 07:40 PM
It's really up to your GM, I think... it probably isn't spelled out in the rules.

I'd say it doesn't work, personally. Nullifying yourself is pretty questionable in itself, because it would just nullify itself, wouldn't it? And then the opponent's nullify would nullify your nullify, and then nullify your other powers on top of that. That's how I'd rule it, personally.

Fhaolan
2011-03-22, 08:04 PM
And then the nullify would nullify the nullify that is nullifying the nullify..

/dev/null

Reboot the system... :smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2011-03-22, 08:30 PM
And then the nullify would nullify the nullify that is nullifying the nullify..

/dev/null

Reboot the system... :smallbiggrin:

Not really, opponent nullifies your nullify, so you can't nullify back and it ends there.

Darth Stabber
2011-03-23, 12:45 AM
So your saying I should just use my nullify to counter theirs instead. That does seem less subversive now that I have reread the rules for nullify. Besides, if they were going to link anything to it, I would rather have my powers inplace for defence.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-03-23, 08:01 AM
So your saying I should just use my nullify to counter theirs instead. That does seem less subversive now that I have reread the rules for nullify. Besides, if they were going to link anything to it, I would rather have my powers inplace for defence.

That would likely work a lot better, yes.