PDA

View Full Version : The Chaos of the Elements IC

Lemonus
2011-03-22, 02:58 PM
{table=head]Player Name|Character Name|Race|Class|Paragon Path|Epic Destiny
shadowedsoul|Alana (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281100)|Eldarin|Warlock|Long Night Scion|Winter Sovereign|
salt3d|Colossus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281579)|Warforged|Barbarian| Warforged Juggernaut| Destined Scion|
tacocat|Vengeance (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=284968)|Revenant|Ardent|Arge nt Soul|Topaz Crusader|
Demonicheart|Bryaeri Chuz'llan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=80101)|Drow|Rogue|Whisperkni fe|Perfect Assassin|
HandofCrom|Samatia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282530)|Eldarin|Swordmage|Ma ster Defiler|Dragon King|
Sir Prize|Aukan Mundar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282976)|Goliath|Warden|Stone blessed|Harbringer of Doom|
[/table]

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191943)

The city of Havenfall used to be a fairly profitable city, although Mount Kareemka, the volcano would often erupt and send ash into the sky, ruining trade. However, fairly recently, a Red Dragon has moved into the volcano, and is terrorizing Havenfall. It demands tribute, and will attack anybody who comes to the city.

As you approach Havenfall, you see a large red shape heading towards the city.
as it draws closer, you realize that it is a dragon, and it has spotted you. It changes course, and starts barreling towards you. You have time to reorganize to fight, but can you trust these strangers near you?

"These Strangers" are the party. Tell me how you are organized.

Arq Kujos
2011-03-22, 03:39 PM
A tall, refined man in off white and dark red armor is the first to draw his blade. "Your heresy against this land shall not stand, beast. Let the radiant fires of Menoth show you what true fear is." With a flick of his wrist, his large bastardsword was drawn from his sheath. It shone with great light as it was drawn. With a word from some ancient forgotten language, the man pointed to the ground beside him. A bolt of fire struck the ground and where it landed, a large, armored dragon appeared. Its scales were dark red, but it was covered in the same off white and gold trimmed armor as the paladin who summoned it. He walked to the large creature and grabbed its reins as he pulled himself into its saddle. "Come Severius. We shall show this monster why Menoth's will is supreme." The Dragon Severius roared at the approaching red dragon as he prepared to take flight.

Nerocite
2011-03-22, 06:04 PM
A large Goliath, more stone than man, draws his hammer and shield, smiling at the prospect of slaying a dragon.

Lizard! Your wings will not save you from earth's embrace. The Stone Tyrant will see to that!

He then positions himself between the dragon and the group, a mighty wall for the monster to pass.

Demonicheart
2011-03-22, 07:15 PM
Bryaeri muttered under breath in elven as she watched the battle lines form up, "Mosti tolaer jhojas...Shari tajaer talos..." This day had not gone well at all for the female drow. She had been careless and underestimated the dragon's vigil over the city of Havenfall. She had hoped for a lot of things that were not going to come true anytime soon. Outside of the basics of resupplying, she had hoped to gather a few servants from the city. Perhaps even work out some sort of working arrangement with beast. However, everything from the way the beast was flying at her and these travelers around her to the way the first two had reacted shot that all out of the water. Bryaeri was not afraid of dragons, nor did she have anything against killing one. She only hated to waste valuable resources.

Bryaeri irritably drew her dagger and began to search the area for any good trees or bushes to hide behind. If this dragon thought she would simply lay down and die, it was sadly mistaken. If nothing else, these travelers will provide a decent distraction for the lizard while I get into position. I will fight on my own terms. Switching to common she spoke a little louder, "I suppose there is always the promise of a dragon's horde and all the dragon scale items we can make...though having one trade servitude for life would be better..." She needed to show at least some form of comradery and convince the others that an alliance of convenience had its uses.

Translation for those with Elven who care to listen, "Simple minded lizard...Battle crazed maniacs..."

Perception Check to find reliable cover that she can use for total concealment: [Edit: See OOC topic]

If there is anything substantial near the road, she will move to that location and seemingly fade from view. I'll save my Stealth check for when/if such cover is available.

salt3d
2011-03-22, 09:10 PM
Colossus moves up alongside the Goliath. Looking at him, he says "Your actions are approved."

Turning towards the dragon, Colossus bellows "I am Colossus. I bring peace to this world. You will serve me to this end, or action will be taken."

Intimidate: [roll0]

qube
2011-03-23, 04:05 AM
A muscled tiefling removes the hood from his cloak to see the dragon better. large demonic horns are pertruding from his head. With a clean sweep he draws his glaive. With a sparkle in his eyes, his weapon bursts into flames.

He didn't care much for the people he travelled with. Cannon fodder as much as he cared - usefull cannon fodder, but cannon fodder non the less.
With a dark raspy voice he whispers - just loud enough to hear
"Come on lads, we're not going to be pushed by such a little lizard, are we? ..."

From the back of the glaive a lightless orb of fire starts to form ...

(people who're not paying attention to the dragon might notice that, although the bravardo, he makes sure he's not on the front line )
character sheet (http://community.wizards.com/qube/blog/?message=WW91ciBwb3N0IGhhcyBub3cgYmVlbiBzdWJtaXR0Z WQh)
important effects

allies within 10 squares who can hear & see you: +7 init
when an ally who can see you spends an AP to make an attack, + 17 damage. if the attacks hits no target, the ally gains 14 temp hp.

arcane check to identify stuff about the dragon [roll0] (edit: forgot to note in the character sheet that mutliclass wizard gives training:arcane)

READY ACTION:he readies to cast magic missle if the dragon comes within 20 squares (automatic hit, 20 fire damage, fire resist counts as 20 lower)

init [roll1]

HandofCrom
2011-03-23, 11:10 AM
The unnaturally thin fey looks up at the descending wyrm, blinks his slitted eyes, and rasps, You are in my way. He reaches his arm out, and a burst of sand and dust explodes out of it, revealing a sword constantly leaking grit as the cloud dissipates. He steps forward, and grins.

shadowedsoul
2011-03-24, 07:20 AM
Alana

Well, you don't see that every day. Alana thinks as she moves behind the rather burly gentlemen that have been kind enough to array themselves in such a way as to allow it before spending a bit of her will to make the dragon more likely to wish that it hadn't ****ed with her.

init-[roll0]
Going to go ahead and throw my Warlock's Curse on the dragon.
Check OOC for my exact position, I need to look at the map for it.

tacocat
2011-03-28, 12:14 PM
A lithe, grey-armored figure stops her slow, deliberate pace as she looks skyward. As the terrible creature comes barelling out of the sky, the woman's cowl flies from around her head, revealing a haunting, grey-skinned creature. Her eyes, two red points of light set in dark sockets, looks to the dragon then the others that just so happened to have crossed its path.

That made Vengeance grin.

"Let's begin," she says to no one in particular, a blood red jewel materializing in the center of her brow, glowing with a violent red light.

Init: [roll0]

Lemonus
2011-03-29, 02:02 PM
Init for the dragon: [roll0]

The dragon flies up in front of you, and looks surprised to see resistance, giving it a moment's pause. (You won initiative).

Map: {table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z |
|1| | | | | | | |D|D|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|2| | | | | | | |D|D|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|3| | | | | | | |D|D|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|4| | | | | | | |RB|RB| |AL|SA| | | | | | | | | | | | |
|5| | | | | | | |RB|RB|AM|CO|VE| | | | | | | | | | |
|6| | | | | | | | | |SC| | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|7| | | | | | | |BC| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|8| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |[/table]

salt3d
2011-03-29, 03:32 PM
Being made of metal and stone, Colossus shows no physical signs of emotion. As the dragon approaches, however, Colossus takes a few steps back, giving the impression of having underestimated the size of the beast. He says to it, "Very well. The choice was yours."

Almost before he has finished speaking, Colossus charges headlong at the dragon.

Move: to M7.
Standard: Charge to L4, using Ruinous Onslaught. Charge adds +1 to attack; Warforged Tactics adds +1 to melee attacks against enemies adjacent to an ally.

Attack: Strength vs AC [roll0]
EDIT: Oh wow. A critical on my first roll. I will roll the extra damage in the OOC thread. Also the Rampage class feature grants a melee basic attack on a crit.

Hit: 2d12(14, see OOC thread)+5d6+21 [roll1] and the target is dazed

EDIT 2: Total damage is 123. Attack roll for free MBA is 40 and damage is 31 if it hits. Also the target is dazed until the end of Colossus' next turn (Ruinous Onslaught) and pushed 1 square (Charging Strike). Colossus moves into one of the squares vacated by the target.

EDIT 3: I forgot to add some damage from the Ring of Giants. Updated now.

Ring of Giants (x2): Gain a +2 bonus to the critical hit damage per enhancement bonus of the weapon you wield (+8 each; +16 total).

Ruinous OnslaughtEncounter ✦ Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage (2d12+19), and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.
Special: When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack (add 2 to damage).
Colossus
Colossus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281579) - Male Warforged Barbarian 21
Passive Perception: 27, Passive Insight: 22

AC: 38, Fort: 40, Reflex: 37, Will: 31

Speed: 6

HP: 153/153, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 76, Surge Value: 38, Surges Remaining: 12/12

Powers:
Howling Strike
Pressing Strike
Action Point [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Curtain of Steel [ ]
Ruinous Onslaught [x]
Storm of Blades [ ]
Threatening Fury [ ]
Swift Charge [ ]
Warforged Resolve [ ]
Shrug it Off [ ]
Reactive Surge [ ]
Inexorable Momentum [ ]
Rage Strike [ ]
Oak Hammer Rage [ ]
Ancestral War Band Rage [ ]
Desert Wind Rage [ ]
Crag of Steel [ ]
Combat Surge [ ]
Spur the Cycle [ ]

Arq Kujos
2011-03-29, 03:54 PM
As Severius slammed its tail at the dragon, Renis drew back his flaming bastard sword and stabbed at the dragon. "Death to the non-believer!!!"

Virtuous Strike on the Dragon with a +1 for being mounted.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

The Dragon is now suffering from Vulnerable Radiant 10 until the end of my next turn.

I'll also mark it because my mark is full of irresistable radiant death.

Demonicheart
2011-03-29, 04:50 PM
"...lairn air eir kyr ei sosti eir eilia"

Bryaeri watched the lines form up and realized there was absolutely no cover nearby. It was just an open road and a dragon intent on battle. This was probably one of the reasons the female drow hated the surface. There was so little to work with when the chips were falling down. Regardless, she was not about to be accused of being useless. She would simply have to do what she always did, improvise.

She quickly pumped her legs and began circling around the creature as it dueled against the religious dragon rider. If there was one thing few could question, it was her speed. She probably would have been a bit faster if she actually enjoyed this hunt. By the time she finished moving, the drow woman had placed herself within the dragon's shadow. Once she felt secure in its wake, she would make it know pain like never before.

Bryaeri's Actions

Move Action: Move from J7 to F4 then head up to F1 and end diagonal up right at G0. (6 squares + 1 for boots of striding)
Bonus: Elusive Movement (+1 AC and Reflex till start of next turn)

Standard Action: Shadow Boxer
Bonus: +2 to attack Combat Advantage (First Strike)
Attack Roll: Dexterity VS AC
[roll0]

If hit
Bonus Damage Modifiers: Light Blade Expertise (+3 with Combat Advantage)
normal damage: [roll1]
sneak attack damage: [roll2]
Total Damage: 44

Effect: The dragon grants Bryaeri superior cover which she can use to become hidden while adjacent to it. Add Int mod to the stealth check.

Stealth Check rolls (Assassin's Cloak: roll twice, use the best roll)
[roll3]
[roll4]

Nerocite
2011-03-29, 07:34 PM
Aukan laughs at the dragon, before stepping up to the beast. He channels the frost of nature, gaining the appearance of a snow-capped peak. He then strikes at the dragon, using the roots of the earth.

Move action: Go to M3
Minor: Activate Form of Winter's Herald
Standard: Eager Vine Strike
Attack: [roll0] vs AC
If Hit: [roll1],and the target is immobilized, takes a -7 penalty to AC and Ref, until the end of my next turn.
Form of winter's herald: +1 bonus to AC, resist 5 cold, all squares within 2 are diff. terrain.

HandofCrom
2011-03-29, 11:07 PM
Samatia walks calmly towards the beast, warping space and stepping out behind it. He draws life from the land, withering plants beneath him, and sends the magic around him with his free hand and smites the drake with a burst of light with his blade.

Move: Fey step to H1.
Minor: Impenetrable warding (+4 to fortitude, reflex, and will).
Standard: Silverlight strike on dragon
Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
If Hit: [roll1] radiant damage, and all allies are invisible to target until the end of my next turn.

qube
2011-03-30, 01:50 AM
Scoprio

Being the tactician that he is, scoprio first looked to his companions what kind of abilities they had.

As the dragon is no longer adjacent to the frontliners, Scoprio will move so the dragon is within the reach of his glaive, starting to surround the critter

move: I recon the dragon is pushed in J0-L2? then Scorpio will move to N1

standard Vipers strike
Standard action - reach weapon
Target:the dragon
Attack: [roll0] vs AC (+26+2 combat advantage of dazed)
Hit: [roll1] fire(fire resistance counts as 20 less)
Effect:(so even when the attack misses) if the dragon shifts before the start of your next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an Severius.
If the dragon is not a valid ally (I don't know if it's an actual creature or some effect or something), Renis may get the OA.

shadowedsoul
2011-03-30, 09:29 AM
Alana

As the dragon lands Alana blinks away, leaving behind a rime on the dragon's hide she gestures towards the beast from her new location, attempting to inflict horrible pain on it.

Move Action-Using Ethereal Sidestep to teleport to R8, Which activates Winter Winds, causing the dragon to take 10 cold damage, causes it to lose its cold resistance until the end of my next turn and be slowed until the end of my next turn. This also activates my Lasting Frost feat that gives the dragon Vulnerable 5 Cold until the end of my next turn. For a total of 15 cold damage + Warlock's curse-[roll0]

After teleporting Alana uses Unholy Glee, which targets Will-[roll1]
Should that hit the dragon will take [roll2] Cold damage, +5 for its newfound vulnerability. The dragon will then take an ongoing 10 cold damage which a save will end, however due to my Lingering Cold ability it will take a -5 penalty on its save, and if it fails the Vulnerability 5 Cold becomes Vulnerability 15 Cold.

And there's no one left to curse so she'll go ahead and use her minor action to be awesome.

Edit: Crap, forgot to include my gloves' bonus on the actual attack power, if it hits then the dragon takes +4 damage.

Lemonus
2011-04-07, 03:51 PM
{table=head]|x|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y |Z|
|0| | | | | | |BC| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|1| | | | | | | |D|D|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|2| | | | | | | |D|D|D| |SC| | | | | | | | | | | | |
|3| | | | | | | |D|D|D| |AM| | | | | | | | | | | | |
|4| | | | | | | |RB|RB|CO| |SA| | | | | | | | | | | | |
|5| | | | | | | |RB|RB| | |VE| | | | | | | | | | |
|6| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|7| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|8| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |AL| | | | | | | | |[/table]

AM=Aukan Mundar
CO=Colossus
SC=Sardis 'Scorpio' Carsidio
BC=Bryaeri Chuz'llan
RB=Renis Bern
AL=Alana
VE=Vengeance
D=Dragon

The dragon, although startled at first, is now simply angry at these people for their insolence. He speaks to them in common: "How dare you trespass on my territory, then attack me! You will pay!"
He then opens his mouth and a burst of fire blasts at you.

Breath Weapon: Attack versus Reflex:
[roll0]

If it Hits: [roll1] Fire damage. Miss: Half Damage.

Arq Kujos
2011-04-07, 04:21 PM
"You speak as if you mattered. Allow me to prove to you that you do not." Renis reared back again, his blade ignited with holy fire, and struck at his foe!

Let's try Virtuous Strike again, shall we?

Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Also, I shall mark the beast again. YAY Radiant Damage!

Edit: Oh yeah, and since I marked it last turn, I ignore all resistances or invulnerabilities. :smallamused:

salt3d
2011-04-07, 05:20 PM
With the head of his axe still buried in the side of the dragon, Colossus twists it as the beast breathes its fire. As he yanks the axe free, the momentum swings the axe back towards the dragon in a wide arc.

Actions
Immediate Reaction: Curtain of Steel
Attack: [roll0]
Hit: See OOC thread. 55 + 45 = 90 damage.

Standard: Threatening Fury
Attack: [roll1]
Hit: See OOC thread. 55 + 53 = 108 damage.

Minor: Inexorable Momentum

Curtain of SteelEncounter ✦ Primal, Weapon
Immediate Reaction Melee 1
Trigger: An enemy adjacent to you hits or misses you
Target: The triggering enemy
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Threatening FuryEncounter ✦ Primal, Weapon
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Effect: Whenever the target shifts or makes an attack roll
against you before the end of your next turn, you can make an opportunity attack against it.
Inexorable MomentumEncounter
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you ignore difficult terrain, can move through enemy spaces, and gain a + 2 power bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.
Colossus
Colossus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281579) - Male Warforged Barbarian 21

AC: 38 (+2 vs. OA UEONT), Fort: 40, Reflex: 37, Will: 31

HP: 140/153, Temp HP:

Powers:
Howling Strike
Pressing Strike
Action Point [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Curtain of Steel [ ]
Ruinous Onslaught [x]
Storm of Blades [ ]
Threatening Fury [x]
Swift Charge [ ]
Warforged Resolve [ ]
Shrug it Off [ ]
Reactive Surge [ ]
Inexorable Momentum [x]
Rage Strike [ ]
Oak Hammer Rage [ ]
Desert Wind Rage [ ]
Crag of Steel [ ]
Combat Surge [ ]
Spur the Cycle [ ]

Nerocite
2011-04-07, 07:33 PM
Aukan steps up to beast, keeping the pressure on.

Minor: Enter Earthguard Stance (+1 bonus to all defenses.
Move: Shift to L4
Standard: Creeper's Grasp
Attack: [roll0] vs Ref
If Hit: 28 damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of your next turn.

Demonicheart
2011-04-08, 04:25 PM
Bryaeri was not a fool. She did not utter a response to her scaled opponent from within his shadow. It would have undermined everything she was currently doing. Granted, she was thinking the beast was overconfident. She saw that the dragon's flames were weaker than she thought, What sort of pathetic peons live in this city to fear this creature...and could they be swayed to serve another...perhaps this is not a total waste after all.

Confident that she had effectively been ignored, the drow decided to strike once more. She gently touched her dagger to the edge of bracers. A black viscus fluid ran along the blade's edge and with a sadistic grin, she swung her weapon at the dragon.

Round Actions (Bryaeri is hidden)

Standard Action: Sly Flourish
Attack Modifers: +2 Combat Advantage
Attack Roll (Dexterity VS AC): [roll0]

If hit damage modifiers: +3 Light Blade Expertise, Serpentine Bracers +1d8 poison damage while hidden
Normal Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack Damage: [roll2]
Poison Damage: [roll3]
Total Direct Damage: 55

Free Action: Use flaying gloves daily power. On hit, the dragon takes 10 ongoing damage (save ends)

Bryaeri is no longer hidden

qube
2011-04-09, 09:53 AM
a fire dragon? lets see how he likes my flames! the tiefling bravardo'd in his own mind.
with a wide swing of his glaive, the demigod of destruction tries carve a gaping wound into the dragon

move to k -1

Make them bleed (Daily Martial, Weapon, Fire)
Standard action - melee 2
Attack:[roll0] vs AC (26, +2 flanking)
Hit: [roll1] fire damage(fire resistance counts as 20 less) & ongoing 5 (save ends)
Effect: until end of encounter, when you or an ally hits the target, that attack also deals ongoing 5 (save ends)

shadowedsoul
2011-04-10, 04:08 PM
Alana

Smiling tightly at the dragon's comments, Alana reacts to the dragon's flame by disappearing, appearing next to the beast for a bare second before disappearing again and appearing a final time already sketching an arcane symbol in the air to curse the creature.

Using Fey Step to teleport to L1, then teleporting away to C1 due to my Planestrider Boots. This will cause the dragon to take 6 (+5 for the vulnerability) Cold Damage, cause the dragon to be slowed until the end of my next turn, trigger my Warlock's Curse damage-[roll0] and grant me concealment until the end of my next turn.

After teleporting to C1 I'll be using Sign of Ill Omen:
Attack-[roll1]
Damage-[roll2] Cold Damage, +5 for the Vulnerability.
If the attack hits then the dragon must roll the next attack it makes twice, using the lower of the two rolls and takes a -6 penalty on both of those rolls.

And once again I don't have anything to do with my minor action, so I'll use it to be awesome again.

HandofCrom
2011-04-18, 10:12 AM
Samatia hisses in frustration, and as the plants around him wither to ash and the ground bakes to dust, he slashes out again with a burst of light.

Move Action: Teleport to G2 using fey step if my move last turn was cancelled, else using eladrin boots.
Free Action: Defiling Recovery to restore Silverlight Strike
Standard Action: Silverlight strike
To Hit: [roll0]
On Hit: [roll1] radiant damage, and all allies are invisible to target until the end of my next turn.

HandofCrom
2011-04-18, 10:18 AM
Furious, he draws deeper and rips life from everyone around him to infuse his power and blasts at the drake.

Free Action: Use defiling addiction to reroll attack roll.
To Hit: [roll0]
On Hit: Same as above with +6 damage (so 34 radiant damage, and all allies are invisible to enemy).
Effect: All allies take damage equal to one half healing surge. Dragon takes 27 damage. This damage may not be reduced in any way.

Minor Action: Aegis of Shielding on the dragon
Effect: Creature is marked by me, and takes a -2 to hit on any attack that does not include me. Also, if creature makes an attack against someone other than me, I can use an immediate interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by 26.

Lemonus
2011-04-23, 03:55 PM
{table=head]x|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y| Z
-1| | | | | | | | | |SC| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
0| | | | | | |BC| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
1| | | | | | | |D|D|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | |
2| | | | | | |SA|D|D|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | |
3| | | | | | | |D|D|D| |AM| | | | | | | | | | | |
4| | | | | | | |RB|RB|CO| | | | | | | | | | | | | |
5| | | | | | | |RB|RB| | |VE| | | | | | | | | |
6| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
7| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |AL| | | | | | | | [/table]

AM=Aukan Mundar
CO=Colossus
BC=Bryaeri Chuz'llan
RB=Renis Bern
AL=Alana
VE=Vengeance
D=Dragon
SA=Samatia

The dragon, clearly injured now, releases another wave of fire.
Breath Weapon: Attack versus Reflex:
[roll0]

If it Hits: [roll1] Fire damage. Miss: Half Damage.

It then wheezes out a plea.
"Please... Don't! You don't understand! I don't want to do this! They're making me!"
It then lashes out with it's claws at Samatia.

Attack One (Versus AC): [roll2]
Attack Two: [roll3]
Damage One: [roll4]
Damage Two: [roll5]

Arq Kujos
2011-04-23, 06:53 PM
Since the dragon din't attack me this turn, he takes 19 radiant damage. 9 from my mark enforcement, 10 from his radiant vulnerability.

Nevermind.

Lemonus
2011-04-23, 06:58 PM
Since the dragon din't attack me this turn, he takes 19 radiant damage. 9 from my mark enforcement, 10 from his radiant vulnerability.

Actually, HandofCrom's mark replaces your mark, so it doesn't take damage. It's almost dead anyway.

HandofCrom
2011-04-23, 08:24 PM
Beg for mercy, as if it would make a difference. he cackles, as he presses his assault.

Immediate action: Dazing rebuke
To hit: [roll0] vs. will
On hit: [roll1] force damage, and the target is dazed until the end of my next turn. In addition, the target takes a -2 on all attacks until the end of my next turn.

Standard action: Defiling alacrity with booming blade
To hit: [roll2] vs. ac
On hit: [roll3] damage + [roll4] necrotic damage, and if the target is adjacent to me at the start of its turn and moves away, it takes [roll5] thunder damage.
Effect: Next time I use an arcane attack power before the end of my next turn, I roll 2d20 and use the best.

salt3d
2011-04-24, 12:11 AM
As the flame strikes Colossus, he spins to minimise the damage. With his axe outstretched, he continues to spin again and again, slashing at the dragon repeatedly.

"If you will serve Colossus," he says, "you will be allowed to live for as long as you prove useful."

Actions
Immediate Reaction (granted by Threatening Fury): Melee Basic Attack
Attack: [roll0]
Hit: See OOC thread. 17 + 19 = 36 damage.

Standard: Storm of Blades
Attack 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Attack 3: [roll3]
Hit: See OOC thread. Attack 1: 27 damage. Attack 2: 25 damage. Attack 3: 24 damage.

Note attacks 2 & 3 only count if previous attack hits.

Minor: Intimidate: [roll4]

I would like to make an Intimidate check to convince the dragon to surrender and become a servant to Colossus. If I can't do it as a minor action, don't worry about it. :smallsmile:

Storm of BladesEncounter ✦ Primal, Weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage. Repeat the attack until you miss or until you make three attacks. As soon as an attack misses, this power ends.
Colossus

AC: 38, Fort: 40, Reflex: 37, Will: 31

HP: 114/153, Temp HP:

Powers:
Howling Strike
Pressing Strike
Action Point [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Curtain of Steel [x]
Ruinous Onslaught [x]
Storm of Blades [x]
Threatening Fury [x]
Swift Charge [ ]
Warforged Resolve [ ]
Shrug it Off [ ]
Reactive Surge [ ]
Inexorable Momentum [x]
Rage Strike [ ]
Oak Hammer Rage [ ]
Desert Wind Rage [ ]
Crag of Steel [ ]
Combat Surge [ ]
Spur the Cycle [ ]

Arq Kujos
2011-04-24, 10:38 AM
"Heretics burn for their sins! Repent, join the will of Menoth, or die for your sins." Renis flourished his blade to accentuate his point. "Forgiveness is given freely to those who humble themselves in the face of Menoth and his servant."

Being the evil paladin that I am, converting the masses to my god's will is always the first thing at the forefront of my mind. Be it through words, gifts, or promises, or through swords, fire, and inquisition.

Standard Action
Intimidate Roll: [roll0]

Minor Action
Divine Aegis
Paladin Utility 16
Daily • Divine, Stance
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Until the stance ends, you and any allies with in 2 squares of you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses.

Demonicheart
2011-04-24, 05:10 PM
Bryaeri smirked a little as she noticed the condition of the dragon. It seemed that this ragtag group had enough power among themselves to make a grown dragon wheeze like a diseased old human. Her amusement faded when she suddenly felt a pull of magic on her body a small amount of her lifeforce slip away. She grit her teeth to avoid yelping in pain and as quickly as it had happened it was over. The drow didn't understand everything that happened but she knew that the power didn't come from the dragon. Still, she could feel the positive effects as well. Invisibility spells weren't exactly unheard of in the Underdark. Her eyes glared at the male Eladrin for a moment before returning to the dragon, ...a double-edged sword...I will remember that. For now, there are more important issues. She didn't exactly enjoy it but she wasn't going to make a fuss over it.

When the dragon started to mutter about being forced to guard the city, it was enough to give the drow woman pause. She was a natural skeptic and wondered if the beast was just saying anything to avoid its impending demise. However, the hesitation in attacks and the way he was speaking was slowly convincing her that he was being truthful. This presented a whole new dimension to this otherwise unimportant battle. She wanted more information and that meant keeping the giant lizard alive for at least a little while longer.

She lowered her dagger and waited for the invisibility to fade before speaking, "If you are so interested in preserving your life, lizard, you had better start talking. Who are these masters you served. Answer quickly because as far as I can see, they are in no position to aid you." Bryaeri slowly began to move around the dragon as if cutting off his potential escape. Of course, she kept her weapon out. The drow wasn't a fool.

Round Actions

Move Action: Bryaeri shifts to H0

Standard Action: Aid Another to Intimidate the Dragon into speaking
[roll0]

Lemonus
2011-04-24, 07:12 PM
Yes, I know the full round isn't up. But speaking is a free action, so the dragon can respond.
The dragon speaks slowly, as if unsure as to what to say, and as if a wrong word could be a disater. "I- I have to serve them. They are the ones who created us. The ones who created the world. They are the Primodorials." The dragon pauses here, as if unsure if it should speak this next sentence. "And they are returning."

I'm assuming here that your characters know how the game world was created, with the Primodorials having created the world, and wanting to destroy it again, but the gods going into a war to stop them because there was much potential there. Full details in your DMGs, although I'm not sure on the page numbers.

Nerocite
2011-04-24, 09:20 PM
Aukan scoffs at the dragon's words.
Many serve the masters of the elements, myself included. If you do not have the strength to carry out their will, then you do not deserve their blessing.

Move: Shift to L4
Standard: Use the attack granted by the form of winter's herald.
Attack: [roll0] vs AC (+2 for CA)
Hit: 17 cold damage, and the target is immobilized (save ends)
Miss: Half damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Minor: Screaming Armor power
The dragon takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Lemonus
2011-04-24, 09:31 PM
The dragon replies to Aukan in slightly pleading tone.

"No, you don't understand! They aren't simply content with slowly funneling destructive power into the world through individuals! They are coming to destroy the world! And this time, the gods will be unable to stop them."

shadowedsoul
2011-04-25, 05:08 PM
Alana

How did you come to this knowledge? And why should we believe you? Alana asks the creature, her eyes narrowing suspiciously.

I'll ready an action to teleport if the dragon moves within range to attack me or turns its big ass energy breathing mouth at me. I'll let you know where the teleport ends up if the dragon triggers it since I dunno how the beastie is going to move right now.

qube
2011-04-26, 01:24 AM
Scorpio

Well, that sounds interesting ... I wonder how we could help 'm the tiefling thinks, while a grin appears on his face.

scorpio doesn't attack this turn

Lemonus
2011-04-29, 03:36 PM
{table=head]x|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y| Z
-1| | | | | | | | | |SC| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
0| | | | | | | |BC| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
1| | | | | | | |D|D|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | |
2| | | | | | |SA|D|D|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | |
3| | | | | | | |D|D|D| |AM| | | | | | | | | | | |
4| | | | | | | |RB|RB|CO| | | | | | | | | | | | | |
5| | | | | | | |RB|RB| | |VE| | | | | | | | | |
6| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
7| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
8| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |AL| | | | | | | | [/table]

AM=Aukan Mundar
CO=Colossus
BC=Bryaeri Chuz'llan
RB=Renis Bern
AL=Alana
VE=Vengeance
D=Dragon
SA=Samatia

Magic Roll of Mystery:
[roll0]

salt3d
2011-04-30, 10:01 AM
Colossus pauses, standing completely still for just a moment before addressing the dragon. "Clarify your statement: 'Destroy the world'. Do not use emotive language, metaphor or exaggerations. Proceed."

Demonicheart
2011-04-30, 01:56 PM
Bryaeri let out a small sigh of relief as the group seemed more or less willing to listen to the dragon speak. The drow woman was afraid the beast would die without getting a word in and they would be walking blind. Still, of all things she expected from that lizard's scaly mouth, the return of the Primordials was not high on that list at all. She gauged the reactions of the others and tried to keep her face passive. The drow already knew how she felt about the subject, While I am not powerful enough to take on forces of nature....yet, the destruction of this world does put a rather big dent in my plans of reclaiming my house. If nothing else, the human zealot will be against them as well since all gods, even Lloth, were united then. These others people might not be so inclined. Best to just see where this conversation goes for now...

As the construct was asking for clarification, Bryaeri herself couldn't help chiming in as well, "While we are on details...how exactly does you controlling this city, Havenfall...have any bearing on the Primordials return. Connect the pathways for me because I am finding it hard to believe they would care about this pile of stones, wood and gravel without a good reason."

Lemonus
2011-04-30, 04:07 PM
The dragon looks at Colossus, and explains. "What I mean is that the Primodorials want to return the world to the raw materials it was made from in the Elemental Chaos." It then turns to Bryaeri, and speaks. "I am not serving the Primodorials directly in this. Rather, I am acting under the orders of their servants, the giants and titans. And for how I am ruling this town, well, I'm a dragon." With that last sentance, it flexes its wings, seeming rather proud of itself.

qube
2011-05-02, 12:52 AM
Scorio

From behind him, the dragon heres a voice. "Oh, if that's the case..."

Bloody Termination (Encounter Martial, Weapon, Fire)
Standard action - Melee weapon (reach)
Attack: [roll0](+26, +2 combat advantage) vs AC
Hit: [roll1] fire damage(fire resistance counts as 20 less). If the attack hits, but it's damage doesn't reduce the target to 0 hp, make a melee basic attack against the target with a +4 to attack and damage ( attack [roll2] / damage [roll3] fire damage(fire resistance counts as 20 less)

Note that "Make 'm bleed" is still in effect (last until end of encounter), and any attack of me or my allies also deals ongoing 5 (save ends)

"... you're not important then"

Lemonus
2011-05-02, 08:16 AM
Actually, Make 'em Bleed is not in effect. The attack missed.

salt3d
2011-05-03, 08:33 PM
"A world unmade cannot be a world at peace." replies Colossus. "The actions of these Primordials are unacceptable. Colossus will prevent the unmaking of the world."

After a momentary pause, Colossus continues. "Your life will be spared if you agree to serve Colossus. Your actions against this town are approved, and you may continue them here and in other areas of civilization. Any other duties required of you will be made clear as they become necessary."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Lemonus
2011-05-03, 08:41 PM
He dragon gives pause at Colossus' words, although it is clearly not convinced.
"I would like to protect the world, I must admit. After all, I live here. Tell me more about your plan."

Change of plan. I'm turning this into a full party skill challenge. Suggested Skills (Not your only options, but some ideas) are :
Bluff
Intimidate
Diplomacy
And Insight for a bonus to the next check.

salt3d
2011-05-03, 09:15 PM
Colossus responds to the dragon, although his words give the impression of being pre-recorded.

"I am Colossus. I exist to bring peace to the world. War is a consequence of civilization. The larger a civilization, the higher the probability of war. Beyond a particular size, the probability of war is certain. Peace can be achieved only through the elimination of civilization. There can be at most one civilization of a limited size. Since no civilization is willing to sacrifice itself for peace, there can be no civilization at all. Those who accept and serve Colossus to this end will know peace. For those who reject peace, action will be taken."

Colossus continues speaking without stopping, although his words no longer sound pre-recorded.

"The choice is yours. Accept Colossus and assist to deliver peace through the end of civilization. Or reject peace and consent to the consequences."

OOC: I know you said Intimidate wouldn't work but now that this is a skill challenge I'm guessing the rules have changed somewhat. And I think it's the most appropriate skill, because a calm and reasoned 'join me or die' sounds pretty threatening to me!

Intimidate: [roll0]

Demonicheart
2011-05-03, 09:41 PM
The drow woman arched a brow in surprise when Colossus announced its view on the Primordials, So...that makes two at least. The zealot and the construct are in favor of fighting against the Primordials. That is interesting...but that still leaves... Her surprise faded when she heard the construct continue on its rant to define 'peace'. Bryaeri couldn't help but think that this alliance would be one of convenience at absolute best, ...even if we may be enemies tomorrow, this threat is enough to become associates today. Although I loathe to stick my neck out in this...it might be necessary.

The dark skinned elf paced slowly and methodically around the dragon. She briefly rubbed the ring around her right index finger to give her the confidence needed for speaking. She began to muse in a silky smooth voice, "You can always trust a construct to be direct. Now, before any plans can be made...there is the matter of the giants and titans. If I have the hiearchy correct, they previously gave you your orders. Perhaps it would best to continue playing their game and learning more of what they intend to do. If you could relay this information, that would be a step in the proper direction." She shifted her gaze to Colossus, "Even you must admit that you know too little to take any direct action against the Primordials. Would a spy not be beneficial at this point?" Despite her words, it seemed like the drow was trying to play both sides at once. She was not stating her own opinion regarding the Primordials and was simply playing devil's advocate.

Diplomacy Check to field her idea and convince the dragon to work with the group.
Effect: +4 item bonus to diplomacy from Ring of Agile Thought
[roll0]

salt3d
2011-05-03, 09:56 PM
"Your assessment is correct." replies Colossus. "More data is required before an analysis can be made and appropriate actions determined."

qube
2011-05-04, 12:38 AM
Scoprio

The glaive wielding tiefling doesn't intervene in the conversation. Instead he'll just ... make sure he's behind the dragon

I don't think the dragon -or any critter- would be comfertable knowing there's a guy with a hot sharp poker standing behind him.

'aid another' on the next intimidate check (lets see if I get a DC 10 :smallbiggrin:) [roll0]

EDIT: fumble? euh ... apparently ... I failed ... so far for overconfidence ...

Nerocite
2011-05-06, 09:50 PM
Aukan halted his attack, but kept his hammer drawn. He does not trust the dragon. How could any not revel in the primordials gifts? Aukan studies the beast, trying to glean its intentions.

Insight: [roll0]

HandofCrom
2011-05-11, 02:41 PM
There is much I wish to learn. You are a creature of this world, are you not? How are you enthralled to beings of the elemental chaos? How are they contacting and influencing you? I must know everything I can of their current connection to this world.

Arcana check: [roll0]

Lemonus
2011-05-17, 03:10 PM
The dragon weighs whether or not it should join you then speaks very slowly, thinking over each word.
"Very well. I will assist you. On one condition. The giants and titans will not be happy if I leave them. You must protect me from them if they deecide to exact revenge."

salt3d
2011-05-17, 03:52 PM
"The giants and titans will also accept peace," replies Colossus, "or be destroyed. Eventually all creatures will know peace."

qube
2011-05-18, 01:23 AM
Scorpio

Completing his circle around the dragon, he stands face to face with the winged lizard.

"Cool. Now ... bring us to your leader. There's something I want to ... discuss ... with them"

-- for personal future reference: end of combat stats
105/126 hp, all healing surges left

dailies used 'Make 'm bleed'

HandofCrom
2011-06-04, 03:53 PM
Let us go to a more suitable place, and we will discuss our plans. We must know everything you can think of, and we will ponder our first course of action.

Lemonus
2011-06-14, 07:22 AM
The dragon bows its head."If you will protect me, the ai will serve you. To a degree."

Nerocite
2011-06-16, 11:10 AM
Very well. If you will keep your word, then in the Stone Lord's name, I shall keep mine.

Demonicheart
2011-06-17, 04:08 AM
Bryaeri couldn't help but view this event as a partial victory. While it was a good thing in her mind to be able to subjugate a full grown dragon, she was a little disappointed she couldn't do that on her own. This random group had done it together which meant the dragon was community property in her eyes. It would be useful but the drow woman made a mental note to gather allies loyal to only herself and even pondered if there groups she could 'persuade' one way or another nearby. Still, this was a thought for another time.

As much as she loved the idea of going to someplace more private and discussing the giants, titans, and Primordials at length, she was more concerned about keeping her new slave's alibi in check, "Dragon, you were heading to the town before stopping to face us. I think at this point the best course of action would be to tell us where your lair is then head to Havenfall to loot. We will head there and wait for you to return within an hour. This way, no one will suspect you are...changing servitude. When we meet up again, we can start talking more about the hierachy. Who the key figures are in the giants and the titans and where they are located. For now, consider your life and your indulgence a reward for being this helpful."

shadowedsoul
2011-06-17, 07:50 PM
Alana

And to what degree would that be? Alana asks the dragon suspiciously.

Lemonus
2011-06-17, 07:53 PM
The dragon responds to Alana. "I will not serve to the death, nor will I unthinkingly obey your commands."

HandofCrom
2011-06-22, 11:26 AM
Samatia laughs. Does it matter? If we fail, your existence will end with this world. And if our demands are intolerable, where are you to flee to? I doubt the primordials and their servants will take welcome back a traitor. Your fate is tied in this business to whatever end.

salt3d
2011-06-28, 06:25 AM
"Your purpose here is complete," announces Colossus. "You may go back to your town. You are authorised to take action to ensure peace reigns there."

Lemonus
2011-06-28, 07:29 AM
"How am I to ensure peace?"

salt3d
2011-06-28, 07:44 AM
"A town of this size can support a population of one or zero in a state of peace."

Lemonus
2011-06-28, 08:35 PM
"You... Want me to kill them all?"

salt3d
2011-06-29, 08:34 AM
"You are authorised to use any available method to ensure peace," replies Colossus, "but reduction of the population is the most effective."

Lemonus
2011-06-29, 09:15 PM
The dragon grins, then flies over to the city, blasting fire into the air as it travels.