PDA

View Full Version : Warmachine in the UK

Paganboy28
2011-03-22, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know of any clubs in the UK, specifically East Sussex area that play Warmachine?

Also, if I were to start Warmachine I am torn between the Cryx and the Cygnar factions. I like magic, I like range, and I like guns. I'm a sort of lazy player in that I like standing back and blasting all before they can get to me.

The models for both look good, though possibly Cryx are better imo.

Any hints/tips on which to play?

Astrella
2011-03-22, 04:12 PM
Well, privateer press has a section (http://privateerpressforums.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Privateer-Community-and-Game-Clubs) on their forums dedicated towards players, so that might be worth looking into.

Also, while Cygnar is on the shooty side of the spectrum, gunlines don't work out as well as in other games, since both objectives and the general short rangedness of weapons plays into melee's hands. Not to say ranged weapons are underwhelming, you just don't want to focus solely on them.

dsmiles
2011-03-22, 07:13 PM
We have a Warmachine thread around here somewhere. I'd suggest asking there. There's a lot of Cygnar players, and (IIRC) a Cryx player or two. Me, I play Retribution of Scyrah and Talion Charter.

I believe that Cygnar is shootier than Cryx (my friend plays Cryx, and his models are nearly all melee), but you only get one or two volleys off before things start closing into melee. Rates of fire are pretty low in WM.

Gruffard
2011-03-22, 07:39 PM
Cygnar might be one of the best in shooting, but combined arms are where we shine, our "hybrid" jacks offer decent melee and shooting options. All the factions have casters that is good at magic, but Cygnar magic tends to lean to buffs and trips, with a token "blasty" spell that you honestly will rarely use.

As for Cryx, others can give more insight (I don't play them), but I hope my nutshell description is useful. If you want more info, just ask and I will try and help. We have an official thread too.

Warmachine thread link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163830&page=9)