PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Oriental Adventures resources

Thurbane
2011-03-22, 08:12 PM
Hey all,

At some point in the fututre, I may be looking at running a camapign in an Oriental setting, as a break from our non-stop pseudo-European settings. (By Oriental, I'm thinking pseudo-medieval China and Japan, primarily.).

So what resources can you think of that may be useful? 3.0 Oriental Adventures, obviously, and the Dragon mag (318?) 3.5 update of same. Does Unapproachable East deal with Kara-Tur or whatever the FR Oriental continent is?

Classes like the Shugenja, Wu-Jen, Samurai and Ninja are staples.

All advice welcomed. Note: mainly interested in WotC sources, although good 3rd stuff will definitely be considered (such as Lot5R d20).

The Rose Dragon
2011-03-22, 08:16 PM
Unapproachable East deals with the East of Faerun, not Aber-Toril. While its vicinity to Kara-Tur does mean it has some influence on the book, it is almost negligible.

I... would not suggest L5R. It's not very good.

hivedragon
2011-03-22, 08:18 PM
Classes like the Shugenja, Wu-Jen, Samurai and Ninja are staples.

I hope you don't intend to restrict players to this list of classes.
I suggest:
swordsage>ninja
warblade>samurai
core casters>what you suggested

Thurbane
2011-03-22, 08:28 PM
I hope you don't intend to restrict players to this list of classes.
I suggest:
swordsage>ninja
warblade>samurai
core casters>what you suggested
No, it won't be restrcited to those classes.

It's probably is worth mentioning my group doesn't own or use ToB.

nyarlathotep
2011-03-23, 03:31 AM
Just a point please please let your players use the OA 3.0 samurai instead of that Complete Warrior one. CW samurai takes a level of optimization to be good that groups that don't play with TOB are unlikely to have or be comfortable with. I mean who would guess that to be good samurai need armor enchantments out of Drow of the Underdark.

Xtomjames
2011-07-09, 06:36 PM
Out of curiosity does anyone have the 3.5 Kara-Tur book (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/MarkusTay/NewCover2.jpg?t=1245459191) in pdf form? Its out of print, I can't find it even on Ebay and I would very much like a copy.

lightningcat
2011-07-09, 06:46 PM
Out of curiosity does anyone have the 3.5 Kara-Tur book (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/MarkusTay/NewCover2.jpg?t=1245459191) in pdf form? Its out of print, I can't find it even on Ebay and I would very much like a copy.

Alas, such cannot legally exist. WotC rules on pdfs forbids this.

Vaynor
2011-07-09, 06:59 PM
The Red Towel: Thread necromancy.