PDA

View Full Version : Epic Sandbox: Group 2

Dragon Elite
2011-03-22, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the epic sandbox. Let's get started:

The town you're in is filled with a bustling crowd. Market day has brought out all the people, wanting to stock up on supplies for the hard winter ahead. The guard patrol the walls uneasily, knowing that many dragons have been sighted in the nearby mountains. This is a day with good and bad blessings for Rocktown.

You meet on the road leading up to this city. The sun sets behind you as you walk into the city. For one reason or another, your destiny has taken you here.

Hyperion
2011-03-22, 10:13 PM
Aban let his T-rex not too far from town, he didn't want to scare the local population too much. The human seemed to be middle aged but strangely not affected by the effects of aging as much as people wished it to be. He walked in town with rags and a simple quarterstaff in his hand. A holy symbol was hanging out from his neck, showing Obad-Hai motif and seemed to be his most prized possession.

"Greetings, my name is Aban and I was called to this strange place due to the recent disturbance. Do you know anything about it?"

Sachiru
2011-03-22, 10:57 PM
Cirno trundles along in her trademark simple blue outfit, crystallized wings carefully concealed. She hugs her spellbook tight to her chest, and looks around with trembling eyes, before answering.

"M-my n-name is Cirno.", she says haltingly, clearly afraid. "I wa-was sent h-here to, um, I th-think, meet w-with someone, but I c-can't find her.". Tears drop from her overlarge blue eyes, giving the impression of a lost child looking for her mommy. "W-what am I g-going t-to do?!", she whines in a soft voice, almost at the verge of breaking down.

The Shadowmind
2011-03-23, 12:19 AM
Carol walks along with her wings hidden by a simple brown robe, governing a green backless-dress with the hold so it doesn't block the wings. A small buckler hangs by her side, and several staffs stick out the back of the robe.

Aimlessly she walks down the path, talking to her self, "No where to go, nothing to do, just wandering wherever life takes me," , as she nearly bumps into the two already gathered, she introduces herself, "Oh, hi, sorry my name is Carol, I'm just kind of wondering right now.

Torgarn
2011-03-23, 01:11 AM
A great Tarterian dragon come flying down out of the sky, he crashes onto the ground and changes into a man. His unique entrance is matched by his looks, a handsome man with golden hair and blue eyes and great black wings like those of a moth sprouting from his back, he walks forward with a stride that shows the confidence borne of power and experience. He bellows out loudly I've come to deal with your dragon problem. Send out your headsman so that we can discuss my terms.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-23, 08:38 AM
A man in full plate armor, probably a guard, comes running out from the town. "Was there a dragon here? I think I saw one, pleases tell me! I need to report something unusual!" Finally calming down, he extends his hand and says "I'm Gale, city guard. Pleasure to meet you.

Sachiru
2011-03-23, 10:03 AM
Cirno cringes. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!", she wails, curling into herself. "I'm sorry, I'm just a dumb, stupid girl. I didn't see anything. Please don't hurt me!", she continues to sob. As she does, a visible change comes over the guard.

Cirno casts, concealed, a Twinned Invisible Silent Still Wish, replicating the Delusions of Grandeur spell, targeted upon the guard, as a Supernatural ability, DC 56, Will negates.

HeadofVecna
2011-03-23, 01:59 PM
A stooped, venerable kobold* with scales that look like amethysts of perfect clarity, that had previously escaped notice, fixes the winged man with a scowl. "We will need to have a discussion about precisely what constitutes 'dealing with the dragon problem'. But," he says turning to the the pixie and still ignoring the guard, first things first."

"Everything is going to be alright young miss. No one is going hurt you, and it certainly doesn't appear that you have anything to apologize for. As for your intelligence, that remains to be seen. Now what really seems to be the problem? Let's see if we can work it out."

Edit those with True Seeing, blindsight, etc. up see this:The kobold is an illusion. Hovering a few yards away is a real kobold, but in the form of a Pit Fiend, garbed in a wizard's magical finery, and dozen's of magical auras of various schools.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-23, 08:08 PM
"The dragons have been heard roaring in their mountains. The mayor is being a jerk about it, saying I have to find them and make them stop, by negotiations or by force." The guard seems very fidgety, even wringing his hands once or twice as he talks.

@sachiru
What's Delusions of Grandeur?

HeadofVecna
2011-03-24, 07:11 AM
Rolling his eyes at the guards words, Aurevyr smiles at Cirno, "See, you are smarter than the leader of these humans. They will have struck a good bargain if they provide tribute in order to get the dragons to agree to do no more than roar."

Sachiru
2011-03-24, 08:37 AM
Cirno continues to pretend-sob. This is so much fun! Now she sees the true dynamics of the situation.

"As usual, they fashion opinions upon first impressions, and do not bother to seek deeper meaning by scratching away the hubris of the apparent.", she thinks to herself.

"Such layers of speech so clearly revealed! This 'guard' is either powerful enough that the mayor can trust him to be enough of a threat to the dragons if he is tasked to 'make them stop' as it were, or is too weak to deal with them, meaning that he has earned the mayor's displeasure in some way and thus, fraternizing with him too closely can lead to us earning the wrath of this leader.

Or even worse, this charlatan can be the mayor himself, looking for possible candidates for this insipid and foolish task. Either way, I must take precaution against him, seeing as a relatively powerful spell that I had cast has no apparent effect on him.", she muses silently.

Deciding upon things, she continues, whilst sobbing, to say, "What should I do? What should I do?" and acting panicky. She waits, and watches their responses closely.

Torgarn
2011-03-24, 08:44 AM
Bah, great vain lizards are all they are. Pallas stares at the guard for a moment, My name is Pallas D'Relam, king of Schanti. I wish to extend the offer to annex your town into my kingdom. This would of course entitle you to the protection offered to all of our territory. I myself will go and deal with these dragons for you.

When he stares at the guard Pallas casts psionic dominate on him, he pays 25 power points and the DC is 40

Dragon Elite
2011-03-24, 09:39 AM
Dominated succesfully.

"I would love to do that kind sir. Of course, my town would be a very major addition to any empire." The guards says, beaming."I think that I should go take out those dragons right now! But... maybe you should come with me, to help.

Torgarn
2011-03-24, 09:55 AM
Indeed, I can't have any of my future citizen's getting themselves killed, now can I. Pallas turns to the others gathered nearby, Are any of you up for some dragonslaying, they always have a great deal of treasure we could claim.

Hyperion
2011-03-24, 10:53 AM
Aban looked around and stared at the Pit fiend for a moment and the kobold. As he was clearly seeing through the illusion. The aura of Aban was glowing with a divine radiance.

"I will help the villagers without the need for treasures. The dragons shouldn't torment them any longer. Rexus!"

A roar could be heard in the nearest forest, as a dinosaur, a tyrannosaurus, with a strange gleam in his eyes and looking bigger, stronger than any of his kind came rushing.

He flew from the ground to land on top of Rexus Maximus head.

Boon of Storm Active at the moment.

The Shadowmind
2011-03-24, 02:03 PM
Why have you already decided that the dragons are hostile, from what we've heard so far the they've been annoying, but haven't attacked or made it know that they will attack yet., with all this talk of dragon slaying, Carol, tries shift to make sure her wings are hidden.

HeadofVecna
2011-03-24, 02:51 PM
Aurevyr rounds on Pallas and Aban. Am I up for some dragonslaying? Let me see, am I up for killing a bunch of my cousins, not for terrorizing the countryside, because apparently they haven't, but because some idiot thinks they've been making too much noise? That's the problem with you youngsters, still in your first century. You're always running around wanting to cut people's heads off before you've even grasped the situation. Let us talk to the mayor. Or replace him if you want. I don't care about local politics. Then we can see if anything needs done in terms of the dragons. For all we know they maybe trying to warn these yokels that something unspeakably horrible is breaching the local planar barrier."

What's everyone's surface thoughts? Aurevyr will bump his Sense Motive (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#senseMotive) up by a couple hundred points via Cosmic Connection.

I should also mention he's manifesting Temporal Reiteration (Comp Psi - it extends the duration of effects currently on the manifester) every round without any display. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/prestigeClasses/cosmicDescryer.htm)

Hyperion
2011-03-24, 03:39 PM
"I didn't decide if the dragons are hostile or not. I tend to believe in seeking the source of problem first and seeing what is the reason behind such actions. The local population could consider the dragons hostile for a reason or another, just like farmers are scared of wolves. Maybe it was an accident or deliberate? All those options can be sorted out when faced with the supposed perpetrators. "

The surface thoughts thingy:

Yeah permanent mind blank from the VoP but since you are doing a sense motive check here what you can figure out: Aban is seeking a solution to the villagers unrest.

Torgarn
2011-03-24, 05:18 PM
Pallas shrugs Bah, I have nothing against dragonkind itself, and am perfectly willing to negotiate. I've just had a number of bad experiences in the past with doing so. I suppose if they are dragons of good it wont be an issue. I hope you won't take issue with me engaging them in combat if the prove evil?

Dragon Elite
2011-03-24, 06:33 PM
I would love to help you slay the dragon. Let us depart! The guard says, hopping on his horse. "For NARNIA ROCKTOWN!"

Torgarn
2011-03-24, 06:37 PM
Pallas glares in his direction, Stop. He exerts his domination over the guard. We are still talking right now.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-24, 06:46 PM
"Uhhh... I'm gonna go sit over there now." The guard hops off of his horse and sits on the gronud 100 feet away from you.

The Shadowmind
2011-03-24, 06:59 PM
Thinking/surface thoughts "The guard is an average humanoid, in regards to mental capacity anyway. I think we might be awhile" as Carol summons a pseudonatural Djinni (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/genie.htm#djinni)(Duration 34 rounds), and telepathically commands it to make a Darkwood chair.(Major Creation)

Quality of the chair, Craft(wood working)[roll0], permanent duration

As the chair forms, Carol sits on it, and pushes off her robes, revealing her feathered draconic wings.

Fine, let us negotiate, as long as we negotiate regardless of the color of their hide.

Sachiru
2011-03-24, 09:55 PM
Cirno walks towards the guard, seemingly about to ask for directions and what to do. She sits besides him and whispers in his ear.

For DM only:

As she inclines herself, two hands towards his ear, she first painlessly plucks a hair from his head.
Sleight of Hand check: [roll0]
Afterwards:
Twinned Silent Still Invisible Quickened Wish, as a Supernatural ability.
First wish replicating a Spymaster's Coin spell, targeted on the hair.
Second wish with intent as below:
"I wish that this hair be re-implanted as unnoticeably as possible in its former location on this guard's head, whilst still retaining whatever magic it contains."

Rinse and repeat three times, plucking hairs from four different locations, for a total of four hairs implanted with Spymaster's Coin.
Sleight of Hand checks for the three plucking attempts.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Afterwards, four more Twinned Silent Still Invisible Quickened Wishes, casting Magic Aura on the four hairs to conceal their magical aura.

Thanks to Supernatural Transformation, Innate Spell and Improved Spell Capacity, I can cast the Twinned Silent Still Invisible Quickened Wishes at will as a supernatural ability. Then again, epic gestalt 33, so at this point it's moot anyway.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-24, 10:22 PM
@sachiru
He doesn't notice. All wishes work as intended.

And you see 4 more guards riding out of town.

Sachiru
2011-03-24, 10:34 PM
Cirno continues to whisper to the guard.

SLA Suggestion spell, DC 63.
"I suggest that you offer to show them where the dragons are, and that you strenuously want to accompany them to witness, not necessarily assist, their adventure.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-24, 10:48 PM
"I have an idea! I'll show you guys where the dragons are so you can fight them! And I'll just sit in the back and watch, my sword is... not magical anymore. The guard says excitedly. "SERGEANTS!"He bellows, SHOW THESE NEWCOMERS TO THE DRAGON!

Torgarn
2011-03-24, 11:09 PM
You were told to be silent Pallas glares at him exerting his domination again.

Sachiru
2011-03-24, 11:30 PM
"Now it becomes interesting. He has already uttered the shout, and has called the attention of the other guards. Even if he were to command them to return to their posts, the abrupt change in behavior will at least spark some concern in these guards, if they are competent, and thus lead them to investigate.

Let me see how they respond to these four guards. Will they flaunt their power and put them under their thrall, too? Or will they resort to other means?", Cirno thinks.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-25, 09:45 AM
THEY are he-" The guard stands silently now.

The other four guards rush forward, closing to almost 100 feet away.

HeadofVecna
2011-03-25, 11:57 AM
As the chair forms, Carol sits on it, and pushes off her robes, revealing her feathered draconic wings.

Fine, let us negotiate, as long as we negotiate regardless of the color of their hide.

"I agree. I've had plenty of evil pupils that are measurably evil but are quite reasonable. And I've known bigoted, hidebound paladins that were impossible to deal with. In any case I really think that a few words with the mayor before we head out may be instructive." Aurevyr teleports directly in front of the approaching guards. "Hello there young fells. We we just discussing how to help you with your dragon problem. Could you direct me to the mayor's office?"

Pumping Diplomacy to unreasonable numbers.

Torgarn
2011-03-25, 03:30 PM
As Pallas flies forward to meet the guards, he mentally commands the guard he had dominated to begin shouting and thrashing about You might want to get that man some help, the pressure of being sent to deal with the dragons nearby appears to have caused him to become unstable. I myself am an accomplished healer and would like to volunteer my services. I would just need a little bit of time alone with him.

Bluff check [roll0]

Dragon Elite
2011-03-25, 06:06 PM
Uhhh... I think you should heal him.And the mayor's office is right this way. One of the guards says. They then dismount and head into the city at 60 ft/round.

Hyperion
2011-03-25, 06:28 PM
"Well then, let's go see this mayor. Stay!" Aban asks of his t-rex to stand near the entrance. After all, he doesn't want the villagers to panic. He walks about as fast as the guards are rushing through the city. With just an old wooden staff in hand using it as some kind of a walking stick, Aban appears to be a frail old man.

Sachiru
2011-03-25, 10:08 PM
"Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting, causing a man to thrash about in pain just to be able to con his way into a position of trust."

Cirno averts her eyes, lest she override her safety programming and lash out at this... this abomination, this horrific behavior. She cannot bear seeing the man be like this. Suggestions, perhaps, nudges in the right direction are tolerable, but to inflict pain like this!

She walks over to the guard, closing her eyes and folding her hands in a mimesis of prayer.

Twinned Silent Still Invisible Quickened Wishes.

First wish:
"I wish that this subject be freed from any and all mind-affecting psionic effects."
as per clause

Undo the harmful effects of many other spells, such as geas/quest or insanity.
Second Wish, replicate the effects of a Mind Blank spell, targeting the guard.

She then mumbles in a low but carrying tone: "I do not need to meet with any "mayor" just to heal a man in need. Only the narcissists that revel in prolonging their charges' pain just to be able to negotiate in a position of power do that. I will not allow this malevolent cruelty to continue.

You, paladins and... assorted other folk. Do your duty."

After a moment's reflection, short enough to be unnoticeable, she decides to follow them, silently and inconspicuously, to this "mayor". Perhaps she can find her answers there, regarding the mission she was tasked: To recover artifact K01250, also known as "The Head of Vecna."

A powerful artifact, "The Head of Vecna" was part of a once-larger statue that supposedly held great powers. The other parts of the statue were already in Chireiden, the Foundation's Core, but to be able to reconstruct it, they needed all members of the shattered figure.
There were rumours, of course, of the Head being found all over Celestia, and the most reliable ones have pointed towards it being in the possession of a small cache of dragons.

The same dragons that have harassed this town.

So convenient, being able to both recover a precious artifact AND enrich the lives of the populace of this small hamlet. Cirno had been proud to take the assignment, confident that she and her elite force of Valkyries would be capable of dealing with the task easily.

Unfortunately, Overlord vetoed the plan. "We have divined that the malcontents that have sequestered K01250 have placed multiple scrying sensors around the town, turning it into some sort of unknowing early warning device regarding attempts to recover the artifact. As such, deploying an entire task force of Valkyries might cause them to relocate to a more obscure area. We cannot lose this opportunity to recover that artifact, and, as such, you must proceed alone and with every ounce of caution and cunning you possess."

As such, she is now forced to work here with the raw material that she has. The other two are tolerable, with only a mild case of unwarranted self-importance, but the other has traces of psychosis. "Oh well, let's see how this turns out.", she mentally sighs.

Torgarn
2011-03-26, 09:54 AM
After feeling his control over the guard slip Pallas goes to the guard and attempts to persuade him that it was necessary to control him to keep him from being killed by dragons.

[roll0]

Hyperion
2011-03-26, 10:06 AM
Aban looked at the man in pain and covered him with his holy aura and same for all the guards in the place. All the guards and the man in pain glowed with a divine radiance including Aban walking right next to them.

Holy aura on every single guards, so they are all protected from mental influence, compulsion effects etc... as long as they stay within a 20 ft radius of Aban. Yeah it works irregardless of alignment.

The Shadowmind
2011-03-26, 02:54 PM
Take back at all the interaction and powers being thrown around, Carol summons a Pseudo natural Roc, that wraps it wings around her, then uses "Burst of Life" 30ft radius Heal(250hp) and Greater restoration.

HeadofVecna
2011-03-26, 03:15 PM
One of Aurevyr's consciousness streams chuckles inwardly, perhaps I do suffer from 'unwarranted self-importance'. With the vast majority of my waking day spent enveloped in the Multiversal Flow, hubris is paramount hazard. It must remain foremost in my mind at all times that a startling number of possible future scenarios can bring about my demise. His illusory calls over his shoulder, still accompanying the guards, "Play nice kids, I'm sure there will be weightier chess pieces, over which you can squabble, in the near future. No actual harm has been done. And I'm sure his highness d'Relam realizes that a careful consideration of timing and targeting will bring about a surer path to richer acquisitions."

Torgarn
2011-03-26, 05:41 PM
Indeed, it isn't as though I subjected him to pain anyway, I simply made him act mad to prevent his insane attempts to attack a dragon. Though if it will make you feel better, I can reverse time and keep myself from doing it. He chuckles to himself. Then he stops, First impressions are important he pulls a slim crystal from a bag and uses it to reverse the time stream.

Pallas uses ten charges from his Dorje of time regression in succession to return to before his action with the man.

Sachiru
2011-03-27, 08:15 AM
"Painful or not, there are other ways to seclude him without resorting to such barbarity. Nonetheless, this is not my concern for now."

Dusting herself off with a few puffs, Cirno strides, unconcerned, and looks about.

"I would advise reining in your extravagant displays of strength, since we may be spied upon by these 'dragons' at this given moment. Now, to business."

She faces the four guards. With a childish, carefree air, she waves her hands in front of the four guards. As they do so, their countenances change ever so slightly.

Twinned Silent Still Invisible Quickened Wishes (really now, do I need to state this at this point)?

First Wish:
"I wish that these guards forget about the events of the past ten minutes, wherein their subconscious would just create a plausible, mundane explanation to fill in the memory gaps."

Second Wish, replicating a Legend Lore spell, targeted on the town of Rockwell. Inquiring about local legends, local history, the current rulers, anything.

Knowledge (Local) Check:
[roll0]

Bardic Knowledge Check:
[roll1]

Sorry about the load this will cause, Dragon Elite.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-27, 08:36 AM
"Painful or not, there are other ways to seclude him without resorting to such barbarity. Nonetheless, this is not my concern for now."

Dusting herself off with a few puffs, Cirno strides, unconcerned, and looks about.

"I would advise reining in your extravagant displays of strength, since we may be spied upon by these 'dragons' at this given moment. Now, to business."

She faces the four guards. With a childish, carefree air, she waves her hands in front of the four guards. As they do so, their countenances change ever so slightly.

Twinned Silent Still Invisible Quickened Wishes (really now, do I need to state this at this point)?

First Wish:
"I wish that these guards forget about the events of the past ten minutes, wherein their subconscious would just create a plausible, mundane explanation to fill in the memory gaps."

Second Wish, replicating a Legend Lore spell, targeted on the town of Rockwell. Inquiring about local legends, local history, the current rulers, anything.

Knowledge (Local) Check:
[roll0]

Bardic Knowledge Check:
[roll1]

Sorry about the load this will cause, Dragon Elite.

Current ruler is Mayor Guy Williams. Peple mostly haven't been doing much, mining is the basis of their economy.

Sachiru
2011-03-27, 09:12 AM
Sorry about the rolls.

Knowledge (Local) Check:
[roll0]

Bardic Knowledge Check:
[roll1]

Give me a day, I'll write up a description of a town worthy of Elan.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-27, 09:17 AM
Sorry about the rolls.

Knowledge (Local) Check:
[roll0]

Bardic Knowledge Check:
[roll1]

Give me a day, I'll write up a description of a town worthy of Elan.

Haha, okay.

Torgarn
2011-03-27, 12:13 PM
After using his power to reverse time Pallas, instead of making the man thrash about and attempting to trick the guards is more forthcoming and instead simply attempts to persuade them to give him some time alone with the guard.

Diplomacy check [roll0]

Dragon Elite
2011-03-27, 12:26 PM
After using his power to reverse time Pallas, instead of making the man thrash about and attempting to trick the guards is more forthcoming and instead simply attempts to persuade them to give him some time alone with the guard.

Diplomacy check [roll0]

Successful.

The Shadowmind
2011-03-27, 06:32 PM
As the group talks around Carol tries to find information about where the dragons are suppose to be located, using the 1/day vision (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/vision.htm)(Ex) from Epic Hero ability, then history of the town

vision caster level check [roll0]
Knowledge history check, 10(take 10)+50+20= 80, spending 1 inspiration point.

As the Djinni fades away leave the chair behind, Carol summons a Pseudo- natural Ursinal*(large humanoid bear) to follow behind her.

*BoED, 174-175, Large Outsider, casts as a 12th level wizard, has Heal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/heal.htm) 3/day CL12

Torgarn
2011-03-27, 06:35 PM
After mending his actions, Pallas sends out a mental call, a pit fiend and beautiful woman appear next to him. The pit fiend touches his shoulder and diappears. The woman simply sidles over to and stands next to him. Well Delilah lets go meet the mayor

Dragon Elite
2011-03-27, 07:13 PM
Near the mountains ranges nearby, but some have been seen out at sea.

And the mayor's office is in the town hall, the largest building in town (apart from the rock storehouse). Two guards bar the door, explaining that the mayor will come out in a moment.

Torgarn
2011-03-27, 07:35 PM
Of course, though it seems with guests of our stature here, he would be willing to entertain us inside.

Hyperion
2011-03-27, 10:12 PM
Aban simply smiled gently while holding on his walking stick. Those people were a bit weird to say the least. But then again, not like someone spending most of his time in the woods was any different. He sat down on the ground and closed his eyes waiting patiently for the mayor to come.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-27, 10:22 PM
Only a few seconds later, the mayor comes out of his room. He looks around. Then he bows, saying "I would be happy to serve you however I could."

Torgarn
2011-03-27, 10:36 PM
My good sir, my name is Palls d'Relam, lord of Schanti, I have come to annex your town into my kingdom. When I arrived a guard informed me that you were having some trouble with dragons and I have come for more information on the matter.

Hyperion
2011-03-27, 10:37 PM
Aban opened his eyes and stood up. He bowed down to the man always trying to be polite when he could. After all, he wasn't a total savage.

"Hello mr. Mayor, please forget our humble presence into your village. But we heard about a possible problem with dragons and wondered what we could do to help with the situation."

Dragon Elite
2011-03-27, 10:57 PM
"Welllllll... the dragons are very mysterious. We've seen them in the mountain ranges, but also over the sea. We have no clue what they want or where they live. The mayor says, looking embarrassed.

Torgarn
2011-03-27, 11:02 PM
Well then, I would like to formally extend to you the invitation to join my nation, I will in return go attempt to reason with these dragons. If they cannot be reasoned with then I will dispose of them. Pallas holds his hand out to shake if the mayor agrees.

Diplomacy Check [roll0]

Hyperion
2011-03-27, 11:05 PM
"I see...So what is the reason of the public unrest? Is it just the presence of the dragons?" Aban would be concluded in term of questions after this. Since after all, this village didn't seem to have suffered any kind of casualties or damage against them.

Sachiru
2011-03-27, 11:46 PM
Cirno watches on, listening intently. She is somewhat nervous regarding the location, but then, she is always nervous. Call it paranoia if you want, but something drilled into all agents is a sense of caution at all times.

You know what Cirno is doing by now.

For the sake of brevity, I'm abbreviating Twinned Silent Still Invisible Quickened as TSSIQ.

TSSIQ Wish spell, replicating a Detect Secret Doors and a Detect Scrying spell.

Detect Scrying CL check, if necessary.
[roll0]
Spot Check, traps, concealed enemies and hazards, etc.
[roll1]

HeadofVecna
2011-03-28, 06:05 AM
Aurevyr goggles when Pallas openly declares his annexation plans to the mayor, but keeps his illusion's face passive. "Seems simple enough. I assure you that the situation is now in extremely capable hands. However, I must advise you not to send yet more people to deal with the dragons until we return. Even a random bumbling guard might destabilize what shows some signs of being a de facto detente."

Can I read the mayor's surface thoughts?

Dragon Elite
2011-03-28, 09:35 AM
Surface Thoughts:
Oh god there's a demon in my town. Dragons are scary too.

The mayor accepts the hand of Pallas. "Seems like it would be good to have someone else to help out. Also, the dragons have been roaring, and they've been seen breathing flames too."

Hyperion
2011-03-28, 09:55 AM
"I see, they are most likely upset about something. Guess, we are going to figure out. Please accept those humble defenders for your village while we are dealing with the matter."

Aban starts chanting a spell in celestial and summons two bariaur defenders (ranger type).

"Please protect and safeguard this village in my absence."

Ooc:

Cry of Ysgard spell BoED pg. 95:
[roll0] Bariaur defenders serve for me for a year, 1 round casting time.
[roll1] strength sacrifice

Torgarn
2011-03-28, 01:48 PM
Posting additional defenders seems a good idea, after making his way to the edge of town Pallas looks to the woman accompanying him and nods. She raises her hand and a stone doorway raises from the ground. Pallas pulls a strange looking tube from his bag and after messing with it for a second and sending out a mental command, eleven people step through the doorway. You are to stay here and guard this town. Delilah you stay here with them. Pallas then goes back to rejoin the others at the mayors office.

Delilah uses her major creation ability to create the door. Pallas then uses it to connect to his palace using his gate key.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-28, 08:00 PM
As the workers walk into the town, you hear a dragon roaring. The populace run back inside their houses as the guard nervously stand on the walls.

HeadofVecna
2011-03-28, 10:10 PM
Aurevyr looks pleased at the sound, Ah, excellent. Rather than wandering into someone's lair uninvited, we can simply answer the call. We'd best be quick about it though." Not waiting for a reply, he disappears, teleporting towards the sound of the roar. Aurevyr will use Quickened Psionic Greater Teleport multiple times (up to 5) to track the source, aided by a Cosmic Connection pumped Listen check."

Dragon Elite
2011-03-28, 10:29 PM
You manage to get into the mountains, where you see a large entryway. The dragons are nowhere to be found.

Sachiru
2011-03-28, 11:46 PM
"I shall follow him."

Cirno's figure shimmers briefly, before disappearing in a cold mist. She intently follows Aurevyr, thinking to prevent needless slaughter by attempting to reason, and if necessary, 'forcefully persuade' the dragons to stand down.

TSSIQ Wish, replicating Greater Teleport, to follow Aurevyr.

Torgarn
2011-03-28, 11:53 PM
Getting on with it are we Pallas vanishes as he heads towards the others.

Pallas uses Greater Psionic Teleport to follow the others.

The Shadowmind
2011-03-29, 12:24 AM
Okay either stay here and investigate the town or potentiality fight or negotiate with dragons. I'd rather deal with the dragon's they're smarter than most humans. Though I could of used a ride instead of wasting limited resources., and then she uses Greater teleport SLA to teleport where everyone else is teleporting to, spending 1 inspiration point

Hyperion
2011-03-29, 12:32 AM
Aban teleported to the entrance of the village right next to rexus maximus to pick him up and then teleported to the dragons place.

Using teleport to get near the entrance of the village then concentrating for one minute and greater teleport to dragon. Can use it at will.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-29, 09:05 AM
As you get to the mountains, you see a large (almost 50ft diameter) opening in the side of one of them. A burst of flame blasts you and you stumble slightly.

OOC

Dragon's to-hit
[roll0]
82 damage, if it hits. Reflex save 38 for half

*do not open*

[roll1]

Hyperion
2011-03-29, 09:26 AM
Aban doesn't even bother to move out of the way as the flames don't even affect him. "We are just here to talk, hopefully we can avoid any unnecessary violence."

Rexus Maximus meanwhile attempts to dodge the flames.

Ooc:

rexus saving throw
[roll0]
Aban has a constant tongues in effect, so should be able to communicate with the dragon.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-29, 09:28 AM
"We know you are lying, little one. We have fled from crusaders many times! The dragon (out of sight) hisses.

Hyperion
2011-03-29, 09:43 AM
"Believe me if it was a crusade, we wouldn't be talking to you." Aban waits to see what the others are going to do.

Sachiru
2011-03-29, 10:07 AM
Cirno does not even attempt to dodge, immune as she is from the fire.

"Come, now! Let us reason and resort to heated discussion, instead of this fiery welcome. I give you my word that I shall not cause your demise."

The Shadowmind
2011-03-29, 01:43 PM
Carol, tries to reason with them, If we where the crusaders would we be a fey, a demon, a half-dragon, a kobold, and a dinosaur? When we got to the village, the guards and the mayor said there was a dragon problem but they refused to answer questions on what their problems with you dragon where, other than being loud..

Diplomacy 30+20+take 10(Int skill check)=60. IP left 19
Immune to fire,cold,acid,electricity,sonic.

HeadofVecna
2011-03-29, 02:15 PM
Aurevyr also seems unruffled by the blast. "Our apologies for approaching your home unbidden. And because we are on a mission of peace we shall overlook your ineffectual conflagrant halitosis. Your human neighbors may be terrified, but I am more concerned as to whether there is aught that troubles you."

If possible I will look right at the hidden dragon. Aurevyr's senses include True Sight 120', Touchsight 210' and arbitrarily high Spot and Listen (i.e. epic usage to defeat invisiblity and illusions).

Torgarn
2011-03-29, 03:04 PM
If I wished to destroy you, it would have already happened Pallas shrugs, But none of us have even attempted to lay a hand on you. Surely that speaks for itself.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-29, 06:14 PM
AS the dragon comes out, you here it speak. "It seems you do not wish to harm me. I may as well speak to you. Why are you here? Why intrude on my home?"

Sachiru
2011-03-29, 11:39 PM
"It has been the concern of the mayor in the town below that you may be exhibiting ill intent.", says Cirno in a clear voice. "They are disturbed by your nervous excitations, and think that it is a display of your aggression towards them. Is this true?"

Whilst she speaks, she takes a small stone from the ground, imbues magic in it, and attempts to throw it into the cave.

TQSSI Wish.
First replicating a spell of Spymaster's Coin on the stone.
Second replicating Greater Invisibility on it.

Another.
First replicating a spell of Pass Without Trace on the stone.
Second, Magic Aura to conceal magic.

Next, Sleight of Hand check to throw the stone into the cave.

[roll0]

Dragon Elite
2011-03-30, 09:19 AM
"No. It is a season of war, and our kobold allies have turned on us. WE only wish to eradicate them from our holy home.

The rock gets in the cave safely.

Hyperion
2011-03-30, 10:17 AM
"A group of Kobold are causing such a tumult? This might be worth checking out after all. Why did the hostilities start and can you point us toward them?" Aban waits patiently for the dragon answers before checking out on the situation.

HeadofVecna
2011-03-30, 02:43 PM
"That is not ... possible. ... At least in the normal course of events. Our kind is ever dedicated to the true blood. Perhaps some form of mass mind control ... I will determine the true cause of this perversion, of that you can be assured." Aurevyr sounds deeply troubled. His illusion doesn't even move, his voice coming from his own invisible body several yards away.

Torgarn
2011-03-30, 02:57 PM
I'm interested in this so called "Holy home", are the occupying your territory, or is this some kind of religious war?

Dragon Elite
2011-03-30, 07:45 PM
"They have gone to our most sacred cavern, the house fo our jewel. *sigh* It was such an amazing jewel.

Sachiru
2011-03-30, 09:41 PM
Cirno relegates all this to her subconscious, as she triggers the magic within The Stone.

Activate Scrying Sensor for Spymaster's Coin, and look around the cave.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-30, 09:52 PM
The stone reveals a large, almost 200 ft in diameter, cylindrical room with semi-spheres at each end. You see 3 red dragons, one of which is the one that you talked to. You also spot 1 force dragon. They are all roughly Colossal.

HeadofVecna
2011-03-31, 01:39 AM
Aurevyr sounds more composed, but doesn't bother with the conceit of speaking through his illusion. "Do they still hold the cavern? Or did they abscond with the jewel? Is that the entirety of their betrayal or is there more?"

Surface thoughts?

Torgarn
2011-03-31, 01:45 AM
Indeed, Pallas stares intently at the dragon, do you have the location of these kobolds, I would like to talk to them, I may be able to bring about a peaceful resolution.

Pallas has an item that makes him always aware if someone is lying to him, I never mentioned it before but I would like you to put that in spoilers every time it happens please :smallsmile:

HeadofVecna
2011-03-31, 02:35 AM
Invisibly, Aurevyr glances at Pallas with narrowed eyes, but says nothing more for now.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-31, 09:39 AM
They have left with the jewel, and are under counter-divinations. We have not been able to find them, wherever we look. The dragon says with distaste.

Surface thoughts:
Can't read any. 404 error

Lying:
Nope, not at all.

Sachiru
2011-03-31, 09:56 AM
Cirno interrupts. "May I inquire regarding a description of this kobold you seek? Perhaps you can describe him or her, or even better, conjure an illusory image of what you can recall. This way, we can help you faster, and thus resolve this issue as soon as possible."

TQSSI Wish.

First, replicating a Discern Location on said kobold.
Second, replicating a Hindsight Spell, as a 6th-level bard spell (CL 33, so detailed knowledge on the events of 33 days past).

Torgarn
2011-03-31, 10:12 AM
Indeed, with a simple image I will be able to determine where they are Pallas says.

Dragon Elite
2011-03-31, 08:24 PM
An image of a short kobold, dressed in purple robes, appears. Here he is. I doubt you can find him.

Hyperion
2011-03-31, 11:35 PM
The T-rex had already healed the burning wounds while Aban was listening to the dragon and looking at the kobold image.
"So sir dragon, do those kobold live around here?"

Dragon Elite
2011-03-31, 11:45 PM
They used to, One of them stole our crystal, and within minutes, the rest had gone. The dragon replies.

Torgarn
2011-04-01, 12:12 AM
You'l eat your words Pallas thinks to himself pulling a dorje from his bag, concentrating.

Pallas manifests Metafaculty using a charge from his Dorje.

HeadofVecna
2011-04-01, 02:20 AM
"You mentioned they were scry warded. Could you show us a picture of the crystal? Perhaps we'll have better luck looking for that. Although given some time, we should be able to pierce their wards."

Surface thoughts:
Can't read any. 404 errorDo I know what might cause this? Since Mind Blank wouldn't (non-magical), and I've got True Seeing up, I'm assuming an epic spell. But if there's something else Aurevyr might know of with an arbitrarily high knowledge check ...
BTW does he have any magical effects up? (Arcane Sight)

Dragon Elite
2011-04-01, 08:03 AM
@HeadofVecna
Yeah, epic spell.

I cannot show you the crystal. It is only for dragonic eyes. And kobolds. I will impart the image into your mind, little one.

A floating crystal, about 2 feet high and 6 inches wide, and is purple.

Hyperion
2011-04-01, 08:43 AM
Aban sat down for a moment and closed his eyes. As he became one with nature. He saw the land clearly in his mind and spoke with it.

Commune with nature (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/communeWithNature.htm) SLA from Animal VoP Domain, radius of 33 miles all around here.
Facts needed to know:
-the presence of powerful unnatural creatures
-Where did the kobolds go? asking the rocks/plants/animals etc...
-General state of the natural setting

Dragon Elite
2011-04-01, 08:58 AM
The rocks can tell you the kobolds went to the top of the mountain, then disappeared. You discern a zombie dragon has been seen. Nature has been preserved by a group of druids.

Hyperion
2011-04-01, 09:04 AM
Aban stood back up.

"Apparently last time, nature had seen the kobolds, they went to the mountains and disappeared most likely warded by some kind of magic."

He pointed his wooden staff toward the mountains.

"Of course they could have moved since then, but we might at least get a clue or two about their whereabouts."

HeadofVecna
2011-04-05, 02:37 AM
While cooling his heels waiting for Pallas and Cirno to complete their divinations (hour each right?) Aurevyr spins around at a sudden tap on his shoulder. Before him, though hidden by Superior Invisibility and unearthly skill, crouches himself. Well, not exactly, the figure appears as his true self, an amethyst kobold, not visibly Shapechanged, but winged. "What manner of trickery is this?" the original Aurevyr says, perhaps the first indication to the others that anything has changed.

The newcomer whispers back nigh inaudibly, "Our temporal vectors diverged only two months ago objective time. Since then I have ascended, following in the footsteps of the Master of Masters. But before then we were one in the same. Reference for verification the memory of seeing the mirage of our cousin Gyrex 18 days into our peregrination from the tribe. But then, as now, we stride forward not in circles. But there is more to discuss, matter which must be concealed from all surveillance. Let us accelerate our timeframe in unison."

A nanosecond later only the newcomer remains. He temporarily sheds enough stealth to allow a wink to Aban be perceptible. This also reveals a cloud of dozens of mirror finish spheres, surrounding the kobold, and interspersed with ten hovering swords, the blades of which resemble rifts in the fabric of space. Bowing slightly to the great wyrm he says, "For your trust in the matter of the jewel you have my gratitude. I shall attempt to ascertain its location presently."

The two Aurevyrs manifest Temporal Acceleration in unison. After discussing 'certain weighty and occult matters', the original one Time Hops forward to whatever point might be cool plot-wise. Upon returning the new Aurevyr starts casting Discern Location

Torgarn
2011-04-05, 03:42 AM
His attempts to discern the location of the kobolds failing enrages Pallas I thought I wouldn't ever need this. He releases the limit he placed on himself after gaining divinity long ago, assuming his rank as a demi-god.

Pallas release the limit he placed on himself using a Reality Revision after taking a divine rank.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-05, 09:35 AM
@HeadofVecna
Any time would be fine.

@Torgarn
You see him in a trance, his legs crossed and his robes glowing brightly purple at the rims. He is in a cavern, but where is hard to tell.

Torgarn
2011-04-10, 01:16 AM
Pallas laughs Found you. If everyone would wait but a few minutes we will have him in our grasp., he concentrates.

Pallas manifests Teleportation Circle leading to the cavern containing the kobold.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-10, 08:48 AM
You find yourselves in a cavern, a large spherical hole 100 feet in radius, With a kobold floating in the middle. He is meditating, his brown robe's trim flashes purple. Stay away. I have many protective and deflective spells up. Why are you here? He opens his eyes and takes you in. It seems like you are here to kill me. I assure, you, all of my criminal acts have good causes. Dragons' stories are so one-sided.

Hyperion
2011-04-10, 01:11 PM
"Tell us of your stories, I'm quite curious to know what is the meaning of all this." As Aban took a seat on the ground, interested to see what kind of tales the kobold had to tell.

HeadofVecna
2011-04-10, 01:32 PM
Aurevyr's illusion shrugs, "Yes, I would postulate that your perception of events will be most illuminating. It is unheard of for our ilk to voluntarily perturb a dragon. I would hear your rationale."

Using Arcane Sight and bumping Spellcraft to try to determine what effects are in place, plus the usual Sense Motive for surface thoughts.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-10, 05:59 PM
To put it simply, our race was oppressed, they stole our souls and put them in crystals, and so I stole theirs. He shrugs. When I asked them for my soul, they refused. I decided to take theirs too.

Torgarn
2011-04-10, 06:52 PM
Your souls are contained in crystals? Is there any way to free them?

Dragon Elite
2011-04-10, 09:44 PM
There is a ritual to free them, but it takes 24 hours of uninterrupted concentration.

Torgarn
2011-04-10, 09:53 PM
Then if we simply free all of your souls will the conflict be ended?

HeadofVecna
2011-04-12, 02:33 PM
"That is indeed a grave accusation, and, if true, perhaps adequate reason for rebellion. But the devil is, as they say, in the details. Were the harvested souls from hale kobolds, or the infirm and/or recently dead? What were the circumstances?"

Any results from using Arcane Sight and bumping Spellcraft to try to determine what effects are in place, plus the usual Sense Motive for surface thoughts?

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 08:54 AM
No, all kobolds had their souls harvested right when they were born. Even when we died, they would not break the soul crystal to let us free to the next life. The kobold is :smallfurious:

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 04:20 PM
Do you know where they keep your souls at?

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 05:03 PM
No, I was trying to divine their location while you interrupted me. It is warded from divination by epic magic.

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 05:10 PM
I'll be back

Pallas manifests teleport to return to the dragons cave.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 05:12 PM
You return to the cave, the dragons welcoming you back.

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 05:23 PM
Pallas manifests Mindrape on the dragons DC 74, making them want to do anything they can to please him
Tell me where the kobolds souls are stored

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 05:39 PM
"No" say the dragons, disappearing.

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 05:44 PM
Pallas uses his divine salient ability Alter Reality to bring th dragons back in front of him.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 05:53 PM
They appear, and start doing your task. They send an image of a series of tasks needed to be done to open a door. Or, you could just blow the door up.

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 06:53 PM
Blow the door open you scaly beasts. Pallas commands.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 07:12 PM
It is impervious to our flames. We shall conjure pure magic, stand back. The dragons blast at it with shining particles, eventually destroying it. What is your next command?

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 07:13 PM
Are there any other wards I need to worry about?

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 07:25 PM
We have disabled all of them.

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 07:31 PM
Pallas enters the chamber and looks around.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 07:47 PM
You see massive racks, labeled with years and names, some empty, some partially so, and some still full.

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 07:58 PM
Pallas pulls a small tube from his pocket after messing with it for moment he points it at the door. He begins looking at all of the racks to see what is horded here.

Pallas uses his gate key to attune the entrance of the vault to his home planes portal room.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 08:00 PM
The racks are filled with shimmering crystal, each one with a name on it an a shade of orange.

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 08:03 PM
Pallas pulls out his portable hole and begins loading the crystals into it. When the hole is full he will fold it up and teleport back to the kobold.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-19, 08:08 PM
you finish quickly within two minutes. Now we wait for everyone else to post.

HeadofVecna
2011-04-20, 02:18 AM
A quarter of a minute before Pallas returns, Aurevyr speaks up casually, There is an immanent incoming teleportation effect. It is one of the fey, almost certainly Pallas. But be vigilant, lest fate bring an unpleasant surprise."

FYI, since the 'new' Aurevyr arrived, any incoming teleport effect within miles of A. is subject to the 3 round delay of Anticipate Teleportation.

Torgarn
2011-04-29, 11:20 AM
Pallas appears in front of the kobold once more, I have your precious souls.

Dragon Elite
2011-04-29, 06:16 PM
The kobold bows, and then raises his hand. Make a will save against DC 113.

Torgarn
2011-04-30, 01:48 AM
[roll0] Also, I am immune to mind-affecting abilities.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-01, 05:44 AM
Aurevyr raises an eyebrow. "It is indeed impressive that you have acquired the souls so quickly. Are you now going to return them or engage in blackmail?"

Can I determine what the Kobold cast via Spellcraft/Arcane Eye?

Dragon Elite
2011-05-01, 09:25 AM
Also, roll a spellcraft check. :smalltongue:

Torgarn
2011-05-01, 02:12 PM
[roll0] Rolling for Spellcraft

Dragon Elite
2011-05-01, 02:47 PM
[roll0] Rolling for Spellcraft

It's a still silent quickened permanent image.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-01, 02:50 PM
Sure :smallcool: [roll0] Remember I ask how you wanted to cap Cosmic Connection (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/prestigeClasses/cosmicDescryer.htm), and you said no need, go ahead.

Torgarn
2011-05-01, 02:54 PM
Don't you instadie from that, you take 5 damage for each +1

Dragon Elite
2011-05-01, 03:06 PM
Sure :smallcool: [roll0] Remember I ask how you wanted to cap Cosmic Connection (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/prestigeClasses/cosmicDescryer.htm), and you said no need, go ahead.

You take 5,000, 410damage. :smalleek: :smallamused::smalltongue:

HeadofVecna
2011-05-01, 11:37 PM
Aurevyr is Shapechanged into a Pit Fiend. So all damage he takes other than from good-aligned silvered weapons, and from spells or effects with the good descriptor is considered non-lethal. Veil of Undeath (SpC) provides immunity to non-lethal damage. If you want to rule that Cosmic Connection damage can't be prevented, I'll certainly understand.

Dragon Elite
2011-05-02, 09:30 AM
Aurevyr is Shapechanged into a Pit Fiend. So all damage he takes other than from good-aligned silvered weapons, and from spells or effects with the good descriptor is considered non-lethal. Veil of Undeath (SpC) provides immunity to non-lethal damage. If you want to rule that Cosmic Connection damage can't be prevented, I'll certainly understand.

I assume the gods weapons possess good-aligned silver in their collection of weaponry, which is also where I assume the damage comes from.

I'll give you 1/10 of what it would normally be though.

EDIT: If you want to not do that, you can still change it.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-02, 02:08 PM
Sounds good. So I'll bump the roll by 320 (the amount that Psi Vigor can cover) rather than a million so thats a total of 404 on the Spellcraft check.

Dragon Elite
2011-05-02, 06:16 PM
Okay. 160 damage for you. Also, the spell is:
Still Silent Quickened Permanent Illusion.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-03, 02:12 PM
So, what is the illusion of? (True Seeing)

Dragon Elite
2011-05-03, 06:17 PM
It covers a small bump in the wall. The kobold loves his perfect spheres.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-04, 02:03 AM
What's a bumb?

Dragon Elite
2011-05-04, 08:47 AM
It's a bump. Necessary edits have been made.

Torgarn
2011-05-04, 08:49 AM
What will you give me for these souls, I had to destroy the minds of the dragons to retrieve them.

Dragon Elite
2011-05-04, 09:18 AM
"Thank you very much." The kobold says, bowing. I would be willing to help you in most things you would do, for a decent time-frame at least. I could also pay you in crafting power."

Torgarn
2011-05-04, 09:23 AM
Give me the souls of the dragons that you took and we will call it even. Pallas grins.

Dragon Elite
2011-05-04, 09:30 AM
Certaintly. The kobold replies, pulling the crystals out of his robes. He hands hem to you.

Torgarn
2011-05-04, 09:32 AM
Pallas opens his portable hole and empties it of the crystals contained within, placing the new ones inside of it instead. I'll be going then he says manifesting teleportation to take him back to the village.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-05, 12:20 AM
Dragon Elite only
The moment the other kobold agrees to the deal, Aurevyr manifests Temporal Acceleration (8 rounds, Overchanneling by two [roll0] damage). On round one he'll manifest quickened Ethereal Jaunt, then quickened Gate to the location he Discerned for the crystal earlier. Is it still there? More action to come but they depend on what I find.

Dragon Elite
2011-05-05, 05:07 PM
@HeadOfVecna
Which crystal? The dragon's? There are an awful lot.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-07, 02:20 AM
@Dragon Elite
The crystal that was stolen from the dragons. When I cast Discern Location the result was
It is in a smaller room, only 10 ft in radius. No connecting tunnels, and the surface of the cave is perfectly smooth.

Dragon Elite
2011-05-07, 07:39 AM
@HeadOfVecna
Okay, thanks for clarifying. It is floating in the air, spinning slowly.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-08, 02:34 PM
@Dragon EliteI'll manifest quickened Psi Vigor, then survey any magical defenses with Arcane Sight and another bumped Spellcraft roll ( 1d20+338. If there doesn't appear to be anything problematic I'll grab the crystal. Otherwise would Extraordinary Spell Aim (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Extraordinary_Spell_Aim) work to allow me to Mage's Disjunction the wards without damaging the crystal itself?

Dragon Elite
2011-05-08, 05:22 PM
@HeadOfVecna
There are no defences, and Spell Aim would let you do that.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-09, 01:17 AM
@Dragon Elite
OK, I'll grab the crystal, top up my health with Body Adjustment and another application of Psi Vigor, return to the others, resume my former physical position, manifest augmented Synchronicity, and end the Temporal Acceleration effect.

As Pallas indicates his intention to depart Aurevyr responds in a manor that blends honey and steel, "I believe you can afford to tarry a moment ... your highness. There are manifold matters that you and I must discuss. Although, I must agree that an alternate venue would be propitious. You will allow me to do the honors, yes?"

Torgarn
2011-05-09, 09:10 AM
If you insist, I will come.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-10, 12:42 AM
"Indeed, I must." Aurevyr aligns his illusion with his actual self, then holds out his hands to Pallas and the rest of the party. Assuming there are no surprises, he teleports everyone to another mountain overlooking the village.

"You have my gratitude for returning the souls of my fellow kobolds. This, so long as I postulate correctly that both you and their leader speak with some measure of verisimilitude. Yet, concern about the means remains. What, precisely, were you alluding to when you alleged that you 'had to destroy the minds of the dragons'?"

Torgarn
2011-05-10, 12:47 AM
They refused to even listen to my requests for a peaceful negotiation. I altered their minds to make them subservient to me.

HeadofVecna
2011-05-10, 04:49 PM
"My cousins enslaved by a fae! ... Ah, were I but a century younger I would not suffer this insult with such equanimity. But, for now, let us take this opportunity to acquire the unvarnished truth from them regarding their dispute with the kobolds. Then I shall see what can be done to ameliorate the situation."

Torgarn
2011-05-10, 06:54 PM
You may do so if you wish, I will be returning to the village. Pallas tilts a curt nod to the kobold, then vanishes in the air, to reappear in the village, where he will tell the village elder that his problems have been solved.