PDA

View Full Version : Spells Known and PrCs

VictorianMale
2011-03-23, 09:49 AM
In one of the homebrew threads, I saw this:

Big fan of no multiclassing penalty. Spells known go up with PrCs as per FAQ...

I am not sure what they meant when they said that spells known going up with PrCs. I have read and re-read the FAQ, and I cannot find anything that seems to indicate this.

Cyrion
2011-03-23, 09:56 AM
Based on a very strict interpretation of the description for the advancement of spell abilities for some PrCs, some people argue that the ability increases the number of spells and the spell levels available to you on a daily basis, but it says nothing about the wizard's two free spells known with advancement or the sorcerer's increasing of spells known. If you follow this interpretation, the wizard has to survive on purchased/found scrolls and the sorcerer is screwed.

Yora
2011-03-23, 09:59 AM
I've in fact nevre heard of any dm who ruled that way. Interestingly, the loremaster in the SRD has the added line that a sorcerer gains spells known, but the other classes lack it.

Diarmuid
2011-03-23, 12:43 PM
The most recent discussion of the topic was strictly a RAW discussion with most participants acknowledging that in a game almost none would actually impose the contraversial restriction.