PDA

View Full Version : Wings of "Epic" Flying

Sims
2011-03-23, 10:02 AM
For those of you who are familiar with the plain "Wings of Flying" wondrous item.

Well, my DM and I are trying to make an Epic level artifact that grants a greater yet similar ability. While that is the goal, we don't want to make it too powerful for if the heros obtain it.

It appears as a black cape with gold lining, that when activated become a pair of black angel wings that grant Perfect Fly Speed of 200ft, and can be used at will.

Should I lower or increase the fly speed? And perhaps add an abilitiy. The party is curently level 21. And our main spell caster is a Druid, but only of level 15. (He dipped into Fighter and Monk)

We aren't very magic heavy.

Douglas
2011-03-23, 10:07 AM
Just for some comparison, look up the Ring of Solar Wings from the Book of Exalted Deeds. IIRC it gives a permanent fly speed matching that of a Solar, specifically 150' (good). I don't remember what price the book put on it, but it was pretty high.

Tyger
2011-03-23, 12:35 PM
Yeah, the Ring in question is 118K, so not quite into epic territory just yet. Particularly when someone could acquire that flight speed and maneuverability relatively easily at the upper-teen levels. I'd put it around 150K.