PDA

View Full Version : [SR4] Aspected Conjurers and Spells

LibraryOgre
2011-03-23, 12:00 PM
So, I had a thought on Aspected Conjurers. Spirits of Man can get the Innate Spell optional power. Can an aspected conjurer learn a spell just so they can give useful ones to their their summoned spirits (like, say, Heal)?

Seerow
2011-03-23, 12:05 PM
Isn't the point of aspected conjurers that they give up all casting, even casting that would make their spirits better?

I'd say no, but while I've run aspected magicians, I never did one with a conjuration focus.

LibraryOgre
2011-03-23, 01:47 PM
Finally able to look up my references; Aspected is a different animal in 4e Shadowrun. Instead of being completely incapable, you're at a -4 dice pool. So an Aspected Conjurer can learn, and even cast spells. He just sucks at it.

Seerow
2011-03-23, 02:07 PM
Finally able to look up my references; Aspected is a different animal in 4e Shadowrun. Instead of being completely incapable, you're at a -4 dice pool. So an Aspected Conjurer can learn, and even cast spells. He just sucks at it.

huh whadaya know. Guess I just never bothered actually looking it up, I played my aspected magician as if he couldn't conjure at all, just assuming that was true. That's what you get for making assumptions I guess

LibraryOgre
2011-03-23, 03:48 PM
huh whadaya know. Guess I just never bothered actually looking it up, I played my aspected magician as if he couldn't conjure at all, just assuming that was true. That's what you get for making assumptions I guess

Well, since you can't default, I imagine a large number of aspected magicians CAN'T use these skills... they've got their Sorcery skill and Spellcasting concentration and don't bother with anything else. However, if you're going Conjuring, it makes sense to pick up a few spells to stuff into a Spirit of Man... you aren't casting, so it avoids the 4 die pool penalty, but you can use the spell at a cost of their service.