PDA

View Full Version : [nWod-Vtr] LA city of the Fallen Angels IC

Hyperion
2011-03-23, 12:47 PM
Welcome to Los Angeles the city of Fallen Angels. You have become kindred recently and now you have been invited to the court of LA. The lobby is a marbled floor with a guard behind the desk. The guard is a middle aged man with dark hair and big glasses. There was no doubt that this guy was just someone oblivious to what was going on in the building.

Celebrochan
2011-03-23, 03:30 PM
Justice Annabelle Defiant
***Striking Looks***

Justice enters the lobby wearing a tasteful emerald green silk dress that matches her eyes and offsets the fiery red of her hair. She is just under six feet tall and radiates a sense of directed purpose, even though she is essentially lost. Her eyes methodically scan the lobby for a floor plan or directory of the building that would give her some clue as to where her "party" may be located.

OOC

What is a "Guard City"? :smalltongue:

Edit: Corrected

-Sentinel-
2011-03-23, 04:34 PM
Theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdqD5mNk5IE&feature=fvst)

Lorenzo Fontana straightened his grey Armani suit, gave his short black hair one last stroke with his comb and prepared to step out of the dark-blue Mercedes.

"I'll call you when I'm ready to leave, Gerardo," he told his driver. "I'm not expecting trouble, but stay nearby and keep your guns at hand."

The invitation had assured him that security would be provided at the party. Still, old habits died hard, and it did not pay to take chances when one had so many enemies both natural and supernatural: the 42-year-old Mafioso kept a loaded pistol and a knife inside his coat just in case. It had been a while since he had gone anywhere without his bodyguards, but tonight he judged that discretion would give him better protection than any show of strength. In the world of mortals, Lorenzo was powerful, yet in vampire society he was still viewed as an upstart.

He planned to change this.

He entered the lobby with deceptive nonchalance, while his grey eyes took everything in. He did not know what to expect from the vampire court. All vampires he had seen up to now had been little different from humans, but he knew little of any bloodline or covenant other than his own.

canjowolf
2011-03-23, 05:56 PM
Alan sighed as he looked at the 'invitation'. It looked like his students would be getting another video lecture. Oh well. The good ones would figure it out anyway.

Alan dressed professionally under his coat and drove in to the nearest park-and-ride, leaving his gun hidden in the car. He brought his knife with him though, since you could never tell when a knife would come in handy. From there he took public transportation in to the meeting place. As he entered the building he saw the guard sitting at his desk and looking remarkably unspectacular. Not wanting to waste time mucking about Alan walked up to the guard and showed him the invitation, saying "Excuse me sir, I have a meeting at [location provided in invitation]. Do you know how I can get there?".

Hyperion
2011-03-24, 04:34 AM
The middle aged man looked at Alan and pulled out a sheet. He examined the sheet intensively then pressed a button. The man never bothered to ask question and his shirt there was a badge with his name, Jack. Jack had seen many people come to see the boss but never even met the boss himself. The paid was good and all they wanted was his discretion.

"There's an elevator in the back with the letter P on it. It should send you on top of the building."

canjowolf
2011-03-24, 12:55 PM
Once Alan gets his invitation back he says "Thank you sir. Have a nice night." and proceeds to take elevator P wherever it leads him.

Celebrochan
2011-03-24, 03:16 PM
***Striking Looks***

As the two elevator doors are just about to touch a hand slips through the gap and prevents them from closing. As the doors open they reveal Justice, who gives Alan a slow icy look before joining him on the elevator.

canjowolf
2011-03-24, 04:17 PM
Alan doesn't seem to look at her face, but yawns and says "Floor?".

-Sentinel-
2011-03-24, 04:40 PM
"Wait!" called Lorenzo.

The mobster got into the elevator right before the doors closed.

"Evening," he said absent-mindedly, glancing down at his gold-plated Rolex watch.

canjowolf
2011-03-24, 05:37 PM
Alan presses the up button a couple of times, looking at the two people who had jumped on HIS elevator. They both looked rich and the woman looked rather evil, but maybe he could have some fun with them before the meeting. As the elevator starts to rise Alan springs into action, thrusting his hand into his coat pocket and pointing to make it look like a gun. He stealthily slips his other hand into his back pocket to get a hold of his knife in case someone made a wise crack or tried to ice him or something.

As he does this Alan says "Gimme alls yer monies right now. No funny business yous". If it wasn't for the fact that they knew that they were going to a vampire meeting and that some vampires were both nuttier than a fruit bat and more dangerous than a sunbeam Alan's actions could be almost comical to the two fancy pants vamps.

Edit: While he does all this he attempts to use his auspex to gauge their reactions to his little joke.

-Sentinel-
2011-03-24, 07:16 PM
Alan had barely ended his sentence when Lorenzo slammed him against the wall of the elevator and rammed the muzzle of his pistol under his jaw. The mobster's grey eyes were cold and merciless.

"Any idea who I am, kid?" he grated.

OOC: Baaaaad idea to do this to a Mafioso. But I don't think you need Auspex to figure that out.

canjowolf
2011-03-24, 08:04 PM
Alan attempts to dodge the mafioso, followed by a punch to the head with the hand holding his knife while he chuckles, still trying to read the mafioso's aura though the fight. This is a fact finding brawl after all.

Rolls
[roll0]

Alan might not have any ranks in brawl, but neither does Lorenzo. Note that I am not taking a dodge action, just not allowing him to easily grab me. Alan does indeed wish to mess with the mafioso, if only to see how he reacts to the situation. He's probably not paying as much attention to the ice queen as he would like, but he might notice something.

Edit: Well that went poorly. And who brings a gun to a knife fight?

Celebrochan
2011-03-24, 09:07 PM
***Striking Looks***

" Are you two suicidal or just stupid?! "

Justice glares balefully at them as she presses herself against the side of the elevator avoiding the possibility that someone watching would consider her involved in the scuffle going on… this was Elysium after all…

Presence + Intimidation + specialty(+perhaps striking looks?)
(roll)10d10[/roll]
Still trying to figure out how this rolling thing works… advice appreciated...

Samfool
2011-03-24, 09:12 PM
Simon walks up to the location on the invitation.

Finally, he thought, The prince wants to see me! I am getting the recognition I deserve for once..

He walks up to the nearest servant and asks where he is meant to be in an off-standish tone.

-Sentinel-
2011-03-24, 09:50 PM
((OOC: Successful Empathy test rolled in the OOC thread.))

Lorenzo frowned when he got a closer look at Alan's face.

"Wait... you're just f*cking around, aren't you?" He gritted his teeth and put his gun back inside his coat. "I'm not amused, pal. Count yourself lucky my bodyguard isn't with me; both of your arms would be broken by now."

He glared at his 'attacker' and stiffly straightened his tie, cursing himself for his reaction. "My name's Lorenzo Fontana. Ask around and you'll learn why nobody messes with me."

Hyperion
2011-03-24, 10:17 PM
As Simon is directed toward the elevator and waited for it to come back down. Meanwhile the others kindred in the elevator finally arrived on the top. The room on the top was white with a panoramic window showing the whole city. In the room there is a large carpet, from just the look of it, probably a Moroccan one. On the left wall, there is a giant portrait of an old man, from the 19th century.

As young kindred, while not totally in tune with your beast yet. As you come into the room, you have a strange sensation of fear. You just came into the wolf's den so to speak.

A tall man is standing on the right corner not far from the elevator. He is tall man with blond hair and blue eyes. His eyes looked at the ones coming from the elevator. The beast inside you tell you to run, this man could rip your head off with just one move but this isn't the most terrifying feeling that you have yet.

You see a chair facing toward the panoramic view of the city, now the man or thing behind the chair had the beast cowering. This is the big bad wolf so to speak. There is no doubt that the one behind chair was the prince.

As the chair turns around, a young woman not appearing to be older than twenty year old stares at each of you. By most people standard, she would appear to be attractive but there is something off about her. She is just plain creepy, not quite human.

"Welcome kindred to L.A., I'm Jocelyn Marsh. We are waiting on one more to join us. Please introduce yourself."

canjowolf
2011-03-24, 10:36 PM
Assuming that Lorenzo saw through Alan's less than clever ruse Alan puts his knife away and extends a hand towards Lorenzo with a smile saying "I'm Alan. If you ever have computer problems call me". He offers the mafioso a business card with his other hand. He wasn't worried about giving away a piece of personal information. After all, if he wanted to Lorenzo could probably find Alan anyway.

Edit: This was done in the elevator

-Sentinel-
2011-03-25, 06:31 AM
"Welcome kindred to L.A., I'm Jocelyn Marsh. We are waiting on one more to join us. Please introduce yourself."

The mobster inclined his head. "Lorenzo Fontana," he said as neutrally as possible.

Celebrochan
2011-03-25, 10:15 AM
***Striking Looks***

Justice steps forward slightly distancing herself from the fools from the elevator.

" I am Justice Annabelle Defiant, Daughter of Hel, who was a daughter of the Hanged Man, who is a son to the Keeper of the North Wind, who is a child of the Titan's that came before him. "

canjowolf
2011-03-25, 03:25 PM
Alan glances around and says "I'm Alan" as he gives a little wave-salute with his left hand. He is using his sharp eyesight as he glances around to see if there is a spot that is obviously reserved for him (such as by having a nametag or something), although he isn't planning on moving until Jocelyn permits it.

Madmal
2011-03-28, 10:24 AM
Elsa Morrow
*Blush of Life, Striking Looks, Mask of Tranquility*

A young woman enters the builiding, trying to hide a yawn with her sleeve. After asking the guard for directions she makes her way to the elevator, standing next to Simon.

She yawns again and stretches, mumbling a bit under her breath before noticing Simon "Geeze, such a drag... oh, hey there, sorry". She straightens out and makes a futile attempt to fix her hair. "Erhm, looking a bit pale tonight, are we?" She says, giving an akward smile.

Samfool
2011-03-28, 10:55 AM
"Hello m'dear. What might your name be?" Simon asks slyly, holding out his hand in a regal manner.

Hyperion
2011-03-28, 11:47 AM
The Elevator comes down and opens right in front of Simon and Elsa, welcoming them inside.

Samfool
2011-03-28, 12:39 PM
The Elevator comes down and opens right in front of Simon and Elsa, welcoming them inside.

"Shall we?" Simon asks, chuckling as he walks into the elevator

Madmal
2011-03-28, 01:29 PM
Elsa Morrow

Elsa stared at the door for a couple of seconds. "I guess no harm could come from it... or maybe a lot. We'll see." She says, as she follows Simon inside.

Hyperion
2011-03-28, 02:46 PM
The elevator brings Simon and Elsa to the top floor as the come into the room and are overwhelmed by the same sensation that their comrades are feeling at the moment. The tall man in the corner is not the most dangerous individual in the room but the young woman sitting in her chair is. The beast inside of you is clearly warning you of the presence of a superior predator.

"Glad you could join us, I'm the prince, Jocelyn Marsh and you are?"

As Jocelyn welcome to the two newcomers to the room.

Samfool
2011-03-28, 04:42 PM
"A female prince eh?" Simon says proudly and loudly.

Madmal
2011-03-31, 01:28 PM
Elsa Morrow

Elsa slides away from Simon. "My name is Elsa, miss Marsh. Elsa Morrow"

Celebrochan
2011-04-01, 10:00 AM
***Striking Looks***

" At your service... of course... " Justice finishes her introduction to the prince before she turns her head to look back at Simon, her eyes full of ire. Her hands itch for a sword that isn't there and her beast aches to see and smell the crimson spatter his head would make as it departed his body, to show him what a Woman could do.

Hyperion
2011-04-01, 10:57 AM
Jocelyn Marsh looks at all the young kindred and she isn't smiling nor does she make any effort to appear pleasant.

"The last prince had proven to be less than capable, so I disposed of him permanently. Now children, you are new to the scene and I do understand the need to climb the hierarchy. So I'm offering an once in a lifetime opportunity to gain prestige. You are going to be a coterie. The regents of Lennox have left their territories. Lennox always had been neutral territory and the sudden disappearance of the regency is more than suspicious.

Right now, there are battles over there trying to claim the territory. So I need answers, what happened to the regency of Lennox? Any questions?"

Samfool
2011-04-01, 11:21 AM
"What is this position?" Simon asks, obviously in it for his own agenda. "If it is luxurious enough, I may be interested."

-Sentinel-
2011-04-01, 03:19 PM
"How much secrecy is needed?" asked Lorenzo. "I have considerable manpower at my disposal... thugs, hitmen, investigators... but most of my men know nothing of the Kindred. There's only so much they can do if they must be kept in the dark."

canjowolf
2011-04-01, 03:59 PM
Alan decides to wait for the others to have their questions answered before voicing any of his own, although he does pull out his mini-laptop and begin to search for a wireless signal. He hopes to be able to search the internet for recent unusual activity in the Lennox area. He is also privately planning on hacking into the medical databases of Centinela hospital when he gets home, although someone here might be better able to interpret any data that he might uncover. He figured that he might as well check the records of the LA metro medical center while he was at it later on that night.

Hyperion
2011-04-04, 10:55 PM
"I thought that you would have guessed by now. Lennox is a strategic location. If you play your cards right, you might be able to become the actual regents of Lennox. Either way, you will still be rewarded by the court."

Jocelyn of course doesn't need to specify, that it would involve a lot of cunning and possibly even fighting the people battling over the territories. But there is no better time to get ahold of Lennox regency.

Samfool
2011-04-05, 08:17 AM
Simon smiles and says, "Fine. As long as I can keep my territory that I capture."

Celebrochan
2011-04-05, 10:36 AM
***Striking Looks***

Justice is mostly quiet up until this point, letting what the prince has said sink in. There was opportunity for those ambitious enough to embrace it and wise enough not to get too greedy.

" I understand my Prince. " She looks at Lorenzo thinking that he might be the only one of the assembled kindred even remotely useful in their little endeaver.

Then glances at Simon incredulously and snorts at his comment.

" A fool and his territory are soon parted... " She then looks from him to Alan " The two of you will make quite a team. " She says as she rolls her eyes... how ever did she get stuck with these rejects...

Samfool
2011-04-05, 11:21 AM
***Striking Looks***

Justice is mostly quiet up until this point, letting what the prince has said sink in. There was opportunity for those ambitious enough to embrace it and wise enough not to get too greedy.

" I understand my Prince. " She looks at Lorenzo thinking that he might be the only one of the assembled kindred even remotely useful in their little endeaver.

Then glances at Simon incredulously and snorts at his comment.

" A fool and his territory are soon parted... " She then looks from him to Alan " The two of you will make quite a team. " She says as she rolls her eyes... how ever did she get stuck with these rejects...

"Hah!" Laughs Simon, obviously not taking the comment seriously. He begins wandering about the room, ending at the elevator, "Cower if you must, us 'Fools' will do nothing of the sort. I would rather die an honorable, courageous fool then succumb to the weaker instincts of prey and hide. If you do not indulge your ambitions, you might as well never existed in the first place."

Obviously pleasesed with his tiny speech, he takes one step back intothe elevator and asks, "Would anyone else like to join me in securing some territory?"

-Sentinel-
2011-04-05, 03:29 PM
If I need a territory, thought Lorenzo, I have the men and money to take it myself.

What interested him most was the potential status he could gain within the Kindred community by doing this little task for the prince. For now, he did not care much for a job as the prince's errand boy, but he needed to get used to the fact that power among mortals meant little to the Kindred.

"I'm in," he declared.

His 'colleagues', by the look of them, would be rather easy to dispose of when this was all over.

canjowolf
2011-04-05, 05:17 PM
Alan continues to do research on his laptop, but asks "Is there any particular format you would like for us to report our findings?". Having found enough with his first line of inquiry he begins to search for Jocelyn Marsh to see if he can find out anything interesting or useful about her from a quick google search. He figured that he could always do a more in depth search on the others later, but it seemed almost disrespectful not to investigate Jocelyn while still in her presence.

-Sentinel-
2011-04-12, 04:13 PM
"I still have a question," Lorenzo put in. "As you know, I'm quite a powerful man... among mortals. I have plenty of men who'll do anything I ask without question. I need to know just how much involvement they can have in this whole situation." He shrugged a shoulder. "What kind of fighting is going on in Lennox? Murders and disappearances? Perhaps I can use my men to bring back some semblance of order while making it look like just another gang war."

OOC, May 12th: It's been one month of inactivity. I will now consider this game dead. If it picks up again, please PM me.