PDA

View Full Version : Question about an RP.

Mystic Muse
2011-03-23, 07:48 PM
Me and a few other playgrounders would like to start a My little pony, friendship is magic RP. However, this is going to be an RP based game with no dice rolling to speak of. Would this be better suited for Play by post or free form roleplaying?

If you need more information I'll try and provide it.

Innis Cabal
2011-03-23, 08:01 PM
No rules or rules-lite? No dice rolling. Sounds Free Form to me.

Siosilvar
2011-03-23, 08:12 PM
I had a post here, but happyturtle said the same thing, but more succinct and quoting Roland.FFRP is more for anyone-can-join, what-used-to-be-Town "games". To be precise,
An forum for open-ended and ongoing roleplaying without a DM, where you can play a persona across multiple threads.

Play-by-Post is for actual games. EDIT: [No, that wasn't meant to be elitist or anything.]

The primary distinction here is that PbP has a mostly set group of people doing a mostly set thing, while FFRP (from what I've seen) is open to anyone at any time.

happyturtle
2011-03-23, 08:57 PM
According to Roland (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9225629&postcount=11):

If it doesn't have a DM (even if there is some plot or conflict resolution by consensus), can be joined by anyone at anytime, and is roleplaying, it belongs in FFRP.

So if it's freeform rules, but a closed setting with only invited players, it's pbp. If anyone can join whenever, it's ffrp.

Zeb The Troll
2011-03-24, 12:55 AM
As a rule of thumb, if it has either a DM/GM/ST or it is by invitation only, it belongs in the PbP forums. If not, it belongs in FFRP. If you follow this guideline and make a game that is later determined would be a better fit in the other forum, we can move it. No harm, no foul.

Starting a thread in the wrong forum is not an infractionable, or even warnable, offense. :smallcool:

Mystic Muse
2011-03-24, 02:05 AM
Starting a thread in the wrong forum is not an infractionable, or even warnable, offense. :smallcool:

I know. I just wished to know because this is starting to happen with each Avatar theme week as well, and it's good to know where the threads are supposed to go.

Zeb The Troll
2011-03-24, 04:01 AM
Don't get me wrong, we appreciate the effort to get them in the right place the first time. We really do. That's why I gave the "rule of thumb" above.

:smallcool: