PDA

View Full Version : My signature is okay, right?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-23, 08:08 PM
In my signature, I link to a copywrited music video. I'm pretty sure this is okay, since the band that did it doesn't mind their music on YouTube, but I just wanted to make sure.

Kindly, Josha

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-24, 12:22 PM
I think that the proper way of stating such a question, if you are really unsure that is, might be something like this:

In my signature, I want to link to a copywrited music video. I'm pretty sure this is okay, since the band that did it doesn't mind their music on YouTube, but I just wanted to make sure.

Kindly, Josha

If unsure, err on the side of caution. :smallwink:

NerfTW
2011-03-24, 12:39 PM
Well, you're linking to the band's official Youtube page, as linked to from their own site, so no, you're sharing a link to a video that was uploaded by the band itself. There's no copyright infringement going on here.

Siosilvar
2011-03-24, 06:36 PM
I think that the proper way of stating such a question, if you are really unsure that is, might be something like this:

"I link to" is proper, given the link is, in fact, in his signature at the moment.

Douglas
2011-03-24, 07:43 PM
"I link to" is proper, given the link is, in fact, in his signature at the moment.
He's saying that the question should have been asked before putting the link there, not that the grammar of the question as posted is wrong.