PDA

View Full Version : The Gallant Dragon and Beyond (IC)

Amnestic
2011-03-23, 10:29 PM
It's a beautiful summer's day out; the sky is almost entirely cloudless, the waves are tall and refreshing, the wind is soft and carresses your face with a velvet glove. The Gallant Dragon and her crew are hard at work as always, toiling away at ropes and sails and whatnot. Captain Shana stands beside the helm (it actually being crewed by her first mate) with a smile on her face and the wind in her hair. Her cape flutters about in the wind. You find yourself either on deck enjoying the day or down below in your quarters. For the purpose of the voyage, you're confined to either your quarters or the deck; Captain Shana and the crew insist you don't go wandering around the rest of the ship.

Your quarters themselves are spacious enough, but you do have to share with a few other passengers. There are two 'passenger' quarters rooms, allowing for a 50/50 split between you. In total you'll likely find yourself sharing a room with three others. Meals are taken with the other passengers either in your rooms or up on deck depending on the weather.

Few introductory posts to give a little insight into characters and whatnot before the plot crashes down on deck like a mighty kraken.

And no, that's not what you're fighting first. Don't be silly :smalltongue:

Surrealistik
2011-03-23, 10:45 PM
Mal'Jareth has spent the majority of the voyage in contemplative meditation within the refuge of his bunk, and today proves no exception. His clothing is austere, a set of simple, albeit well maintained loose black robes, drawn about his waist with a measure of buckled leather. His demeanour and possessions are those of an introverted ascetic; he is silent, and ever taciturn, always keeping to himself, rarely commenting or making casual conversation. The Githzerai speaks as only as necessary, as if in preference of quietude. Given what anyone has seen of his activities (or lackthereof) that seems all too probable. Presently, he remains crosslegged in place, eyes closed, expression almost seeming to be one of expectation.

horngeek
2011-03-24, 06:29 AM
Alphonse, on the other hand, has spent very little of the journey in his quarters, spending most of the day on the deck, watching the seas. Most of the nights, too, some of the crew wondering whether the Warforged even bothers to go down to his cabin at all. That said, over the days, he's tried to engage in conversation with his fellow passengers. While his sword is not at his side, it isn't far from it, either.

Lemonus
2011-03-24, 06:36 AM
Medrash Alkeem has also spent much time in hs cabin, studying his spellbooks. He occasionally come onto the at night, when it is coldest, to use his breath weapon over the deck and watch the ice float on the water. His scales are a light brown, with white around hith mouth. His robes are a darker brown than his skin, and very plain. He carries his staff -which is made of wood and capped with some sort of magical ice- on his back, and he has a hidden dagger on his leg.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-24, 02:09 PM
Dran wanders the deck watching the water, and generally being ridiculous conversing with Captain and crew, and entertaining both himself and his comrades.

When he's not being a social beast, he is often found watching the sea pass, doing not but stare.

jerichodrumm
2011-03-24, 05:45 PM
The being known as Myrrh seemed a bit strange. With blue-green tinted skin and hair that waves as if underwater. He too was often found on deck with his gaze lost upon the open sea. Compared to the energetic Dran however, Myrrh seemed almost lethargic. Slow he was to respond to any conversation directed at him. Though when he spoke it was clear he was no dimwit, just...measured. He constantly carried a large bow-like weapon carved from a whale's rib on his back, with several shale-tipped arrows strapped to his thigh for ammunition. He also had a unusual weapon made out of a piece of coral tucked into his belt, which had the general shape of a pick. Instead of leather wrapping around the handle, the weapon had some sort of tough kelp to serve as a grip. Myrrh also wore a similar kelp-like substance on his torso combined with sharkskin leggings to serve as piece-meal armor. It was clear by his trappings and his webbed feet and toes Myrrh was some sort of aquatic being. Equally comfortable both on land and water. However only after some time was he revealed to be a Genasi. A race with close ties to the Elements. Myrrh himself representing the Watersoul clan.

Amnestic
2011-03-25, 05:37 PM
The lookout is the first to see the ship in the distance. He calls down a few words in a language none of you understand to Captain Shana, who instantly starts barking orders to her crew. With a sudden lurch the ship turns as sails are inflated and the rudder is spun. Those on deck can spot a ship on the horizon in the opposite direction to the one the Gallant Dragon is now sailing. It is, however, making remarkable progress and even without assisted vision (by means of a spyglass or the like) you can still tell that it is following you and gaining.

A cabin boy runs down into the passenger quarters and bursts in, stating "Anyone who can fight should report on deck immediately." He doesn't wait for an answer before rushing out and heading below. Crewmembers are already mustering on deck, wielding swords, daggers, even a few spears. Captain Shana has taken up position on the side of the ship, clutching at some rigging, a glimmering longsword cloaked in crackling electricity in her hand.

A ship! A ship! It appears our voyage will not be as simple as we hoped, mentlegen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJbY4ixm_ZM).

Surrealistik
2011-03-25, 05:53 PM
As the call to arms resonates through the ship, Mal'Jareth calmly rouses himself, no sense of surprise or emotion evident about countenance and bearing, as if he'd anticipated the sweeping pandemonium, his movements entirely casual and unstressed. Rising to his feet, he grasps his weapon, a huge fullblade nearly the size of a man, hefting the giant sword with unnatural ease. The weapon itself is unmistakably sharp, its blade rife and jagged with countless wicked serrations. The handle features a sturdy grip of grooved black leather, set beneath a sturdy, artisanal crossguard. On the flat of the weapon are a string of ornately carved silver runes, undoubtedly of some significance to its wielder.

Arriving at the deck, he looks over at the source of the commotion, a flattened hand drawn above his eyes as he regards the approaching ship.

Perception: [roll0] Examine the oncoming ship.

horngeek
2011-03-25, 07:41 PM
Alphonse stares at the ship, and opens his hand, his sword appearing without its sheath in the opened hand. As far as swords go, this one is relatively plain, with no ornamentation to speak of.

He stands, watching, and ready for what may come.

Lemonus
2011-03-25, 08:09 PM
Upon hearing the call to the deck, Medrash snaps close his spellbook and hurries up to the deck, pulling out his staff. As he readies himself for battle, the air around him appears to drop a few degrees.

jerichodrumm
2011-03-27, 05:13 AM
Myrrh arrives on deck with a shale-tipped arrow knocked in his bow. He squints at the ship in the distance and keeps his bow at the ready.

Amnestic
2011-03-27, 09:42 AM
With a loud roaring the ship grows ever closer. By now the crew of the Gallant Dragon are slapping their weapons together, clearly ready for a fight. Upon the sails is a great hawk clutching a skull, signifying...well, you're not quite sure really. A look of recognition and annoyance passes over Captain Shana's face, visible clearly to anyone looking in her direction. With the speed of the ship, it's quite clear that you have no chance of outrunning it and with a motion, the Captain indicates to her crew to slow down; a conflict is upon you and you cannot escape it.

Waves tossing it back and forther, the new ship pulls up alongside; almost a mirror of your own with its personnel massing at the sides and one figure - a male Eladrin by the looks of him, clutching the rigging of his ship. An eyepatch covers the man's left eye.
"Good day Shana, lovely to see you." The male Eladrin calls in a hearty voice. "If you don't mind, we'll be taking anything of value you have now. Please don't make us good the deck of your lovely ship all...dirty."

"There's no way in hell I'm giving you anything off the Gallant Dragon, Shin. Draw your sword, it's high time I taught you a lesson you've had coming since we were children."

And with that short exchange, battle is joined. Planks are thrown down between the ships and people from both sides swing across on ropes in an attempt to assault their respective enemy vessels.

VVVVVVV
Map Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/DnD%20Stuff/Ship2.png)
^^^^^^

For the purposes of clarity I have used the first two letters of people's names as their descriptors. If you would like another icon to represent your character, feel free to provide one in the OOC thread and I shall add it for future maps. If you don't, then I'll continue to use the first two letters.

Shan=Captain Shana
Shin=Captain Shin
Pir=Pirates (They are pirates, in case that wasn't made clear from them trying to rob you on the high seas)
GD=Gallant Dragon Crewmember.
Ma=Mal'Jareth
Dr=Dran
Al=Alphonse
Me=Medrash
My=Myrrh

Allies are in Green, enemies are in red and PCs are in cyan.

Blue areas are the sea. I highly advise not trying to get into that, as you might never get out. Brown areas are the ships and orange areas are the planks between them. It costs 2 squares to move onto and off of a plank. (Eg. D10->D7 costs 5 squares of movement. 2 squares onto, 1 square across and 2 squares off.) In additon some NPCs are swinging across on ropes. I don't advise this for PCs since then I have to make a map reflecting the ropes and that's gonna be difficult :smalltongue:

Unless anyone has any objections, initiative will be PCs->NPCs->PCs->NPCs->PCs->Etc.

If we don't get a post from everyone after a day or two, I'll DM action those who didn't post so no one gets left behind. Other than that, no posting order, so go nuts whenever you're ready!

Surrealistik
2011-03-27, 11:02 AM
Reciting an esoteric oath in some unknown, celestial tongue, Mal'Jareth makes a fluid, diagonal swipe of his blade at the pirate before him, the weapon sweeping neatly from shoulder to hip, eviscerating his hapless victim in a gruesome torrent of blood and viscera as the brigand's insides spill out onto the plank.

(if X9 is slain)

The Githzerai addresses the crewman to his left.

"Cover my rear."

He then strides calmly over the rent corpse of the fallen sailor, again reciting his strange incantation, gaze fixed coldly upon the foe before him.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Pirate at X9
Effect: Make two attack rolls against the target if it is the only enemy adjacent to Mal'Jareth, and use the best one.

Standard Action: Overwhelming Strike
Attack vs AC: [roll0] [roll1] Critical
Damage: [roll2] 18 damage (critical)
Effect: Mal'Jareth will shift 1 square forward to X9 if the attack kills the pirate.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Pirate at X8 (if X9 dies)
Effect: Make two attack rolls against the target if it is the only enemy adjacent to Mal'Jareth, and use the best one.

Lemonus
2011-03-27, 11:57 AM
Medrash pulls out his staff, and swings it at Shin. (Yes, I can fire at him) Out of it flies a silvery bolt of force.

Magic Missile: 5 damage.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-27, 12:21 PM
Dran watches with calm ease. The pirates are an annoyance, but annoyances are expected.
"Now, now. What idiots of long lost time and space are these dim wits..."

Dran draws his greatsword, and moves himself towards Shana.

"Who's this clown?"

jerichodrumm
2011-03-28, 02:46 AM
Myrrh pivots and lets an arrow fly at a pirate creeping at his back. He then moved into the midst of his shipmates to lend fire support.

STD: Ranged Basic vs M15 [roll0] [roll1]
MOV: Walk to L11
MIN: None

horngeek
2011-03-29, 03:24 PM
Alphonse charges forwards, and attempts to slice at the pirate on the gangplanks in front of him, his Falchion burning with green flame.

Move to S9, attack Pirate at S8 using Greenflame Blade power.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

And Strength Damage to all enemies adjacent to the target if I hit.

Amnestic
2011-03-30, 01:30 AM
I apologise for the delay. I've spent the last 9 hours trying to upload the map to photobucket. No joke. My internet is so slow since I woke up I have gone past anger and just entered into dull annoyed acceptance. =_=

With that said, lets move on:

All around you there is the sounds of clashing steel and gargled screams as blood is drawn from pirates and crewmembers alike. Captain Shana looks down at Dran for a moment, simply answering, "My brother." before taking hold of a rope and swinging across the gap to engage her sibling in combat. Shin jumps back to the hard wooden deck of his ship, just in time to be caught in the chest by Medrash's bombardment. He winces, but it doesn't seem to have done much. With an angry slash of his saber he yells "Stay out of this, worm! This is between Shana and myself alone!"

A short whirlwind of fighting later and Dran finds himself surrounded on both sides by two pirates, most of the Gallant Dragon crewmembers dead on the deck around him. They lash out in sync and though he dodges the first attack, the second connects, shearing him across the side.

Alphonse's attack connects, slicing the man clean across the chest causing blood to spatter across the Warforged's body. With a short stumble, the pirate falls from the plank and plunges into the churning ocean below, the blood and sea spray mixing together into a pink frothy mess. Not yet done however, the attack continues and strikes the two pirates behind him, igniting them and burning them to a husk in an instant, their charred bones dropping to the floor.

Mal'Jareth is met with success also, his attack is fierce enough that the man actually explodes. Blood, guts and gore fly everywhere, showering down upon the surrounding inhabitants. The pirates in the immediate area take a moment to look up at the sky, only to realise Mal'Jareth is fast bearing down on them. With a panicked squeal a pirate lashes out, catching Mal'Jareth on the arm, though it's not a particularly deep wound.

Myrrh is the last to move, almost sauntering as he lazily raises his bow and looses an arrow at a pirate. The shot finds its mark; hitting the man, just as he lands from his rope swing, clear in the back of the head. He falls to the ground, quite dead.

VVVVVVV
Map Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/DnD%20Stuff/Ship3.png?t=1301466008)
^^^^^^

In order:
Dran takes 3 (three) damage.
Alphonse's attack connected, blowing away three of them.
Mal'Jareth also connected, and as such Oath of Enmity is currently applied to X8. He is attacked however, and takes 1 (one) damage.
Medrash's attack hit Shin (since it couldn't miss) however it doesn't seem to have done much to him, he's a resilient little bugger!
Myrrh's attack strikes true, however a pirate breaks through the ranks and attacks Myrrh, luckily, the attack goes wide.

Shana and Shin are currently engaged in one on one combat. Though they are surrounded by pirates on all sides, the pirates stand facing outwards, preventing any would-be interlopers in the fight.

Also, I think I'll just call Mal'jareth 'Mal' from now on. Two reasons 1) It's shorter. 2) It reminds me of Firefly :smallcool:

And why did that guy explode? Because you got a critical, and I'm of the opinion that if you critically hit someone and it kills them, they explode. I hope you brought plenty of armour polish.

In addition:

Would it be possible for A) You guys to set out your abilities more like Surrealistik is doing, or just note when you're using an Encounter, Daily or At-Will power to help me keep track of how many 'resources' you have used so far, and B) Drop your stats in a little segment at the end of your posts, something like...

[Name]
CurrentHP/MaxHP (X Surges Remaining)
Action Points: Y
AC: ##
Fort: ##
Refl: ##
Will: ##

It helps me not have to dig through all your sheets while I'm looking for things and I'm pretty sure your Leader/Defenders will appreciate a constant update on your health/surge status as well.

It's not a big deal, but it would help save me some time especially when my internet is being as gorram slow as it is today. Thanks guys! ^_^

horngeek
2011-03-30, 02:17 AM
Alphonse doesn't halt, moving forwards to the next two pirates and slicing his sword at them, his blade still wreathed in green fire. He doesn't go for any fancy moves, trying to get both pirates out of the way so he can go help the other combatants.

Once more, Greenflame Blade (At-will, obviously)- in this situation, best thing to use. And Marking anyone would be a bit useless, so...

To hit: [roll0]

Incidentally, if you're wondering why it's +6 now when it was only +3 last time, I forgot Greenflame Blade is a Weapon power, and therefore proficiency bonuses are added to the roll as well as magic item bonuses.

Alphonse
HP: 30/30 (10 Healing Surges remaining)
Action Points: 1
AC: 16
Fort: 13
Reflex: 13
Will: 13

Surrealistik
2011-03-30, 09:51 AM
Another swipe of his blade articulates the Githzerai's nonchalant reply as the pirate's weapon glances his arm, cleaving the man's skull clean from his body. Casting baleful eyes towards the next opponent, his countenance weighs heavy with the promise of slaughter.

HP: 31/32 (9 Surges Remaining)
Reflex: 14
Will: 15

Standard Action: Overwhelming Strike
Attack vs AC: [roll0], [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Effect: Mal'Jareth will remain in place.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Pirate at X7 (if Pirate at X8 dies)

jerichodrumm
2011-03-30, 04:14 PM
With almost unnatural calm Myrrh stepped back to give himself more room to shoot and let another shaft fly at the boarding party.

CurrentHP/MaxHP 22/22 (7 Surges Remaining)
Fort: 16
Refl: 13
Will: 11

MOV: Shift to M12
STD: Ranged Basic vs L10 [roll0] [roll1]

Lemonus
2011-03-30, 04:48 PM
Medrash mutters a quick incantation, and a stream of ice pellets burst from his hand at the pirates.

Medrash
24/24 (8 Surges Remaining)
AC: 14
Fortitude: 12

Attack: Freezing cloud (Daily) Area burst 2, centered at L7, Int. vs. Fort
Attack against L7: [roll0]
Attack against L8: [roll1]
Attack against L9: [roll2]
Attack against L6: [roll3]
Attack against J7: [roll4]
Attack against M7: [roll5]
Attack against J6: [roll6]
Attack against K5: [roll7]
Attack against M5:[roll8]
Attack against K4: [roll9]
Attack against N4: [roll10]
Attack against N6: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12]
Miss: Half Damage
Effect: The cloud lasts until the end of my next turn. Any creature that enters the cloud or starts its turn there is subject to another attack. I can dismiss the cloud as a minor action.

Amnestic
2011-04-01, 01:45 AM
Alphonse's strike rings true and another two fall to his blade, their bodies falling atop his previous victims.

Mal is just as successful, his blade piercing the next enemies sternum clean through.

Myrrh however, suffers somewhat and his attack flies high, missing his target and leaving it standing with a grin on its face.

{DM Action} Dran slams his greatsword down upon his foe with the Strength of Stone, destroying him utterly and feeling the rejuvenating powers of the Earth, even so far away atop their wooden vessel on the ocean.

Medrash is perhaps the most lucky. His frozen pellets quickly cover a wide area of the ship, freezing everyone they touch, dropping them to the floor, dead.

Though numerous attacks are made against the party, none of them manage to make it through your defenses.

Captain Shana and Shin are still engaged in one on one combat, and you see from across the area that some of the pirates around the two's melee have started firing crossbows towards the Gallant Dragon crewmembers.

VVVVVVV
Map Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/DnD%20Stuff/Ship4.png)
^^^^^^

No damage taken by the party! Lucky lucky!

Alphonse, Mal and Dran all hit.
Medrash tried to kill an extra row at the top by accident (K4+N4 are out of the Burst 2), but got everyone else.
Myrrh missed.

Not much else to say from this round, except you'd better steel yourselves. Next round might not be so easy.

Surrealistik
2011-04-01, 01:58 AM
Mal'Jareth deftly withdraws his blade from the gutted victim, advancing with unbroken calm towards the next as his giant weapon descends with the lethal finality of a guillotine, eyes never once leaving his quarry's own.

HP: 31/32
Surges: 9/9
Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 14
Used Powers: None.

Move Action: Move to X8

Standard Action: Overwhelming Strike vs Pirate at X7
Attack vs AC: [roll0] [roll1]
Effect: Mal'Jareth will shift 1 square forward to X7 if the attack kills the pirate. Otherwise he will attempt to shift off-screen to Y7 (unless that would mean stepping into the water/an event horizon), and slide the pirate to his former position at X8.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Pirate at V8

Lemonus
2011-04-01, 09:39 AM
Medrash moves closer to Shin and unleashes a bolt of frigid purple energy at him.

Medrash
24/24 (8 Surges Remaining)

Move to H12
Attack Shin with Chill strike.
Attack (INT vs. FORT):
[roll0]
Damage (Cold):
[roll1]
Effect: The target is dazed until the end of my next turn

jerichodrumm
2011-04-01, 05:58 PM
Moving slowly back Myrrh shot again. Hoping he would not run out of arrows before targets.

MOV: Shift to N13
STD: Ranged Basic vs L10 [roll0][roll1]

horngeek
2011-04-03, 02:46 PM
Alphonse runs up and across the pirate ship, flanking two more of the pirates, and slashing at them with the still-burning blade.

[spoiler]Again! Greenflame Blade on pirate at V8 after moving to V7.

To hit: [roll0]

Amnestic
2011-04-04, 06:13 AM
Mal's sword cleaves his target in two before it can even offer up a whimper of resistance; the man's body falls to the floor, the blood adding to the build up of soaking crimson liquid that is now covering the deck of Shin's ship.

Shin sees the bolt of energy flying towards him and with an expert flourish of his blade, catches it and flings it away into the ocean. He begins to look visibly frustrated with the interferences. "I said stay out of this. Men, destroy that interloper. I want his corpse attached to the front of my ship before the sun sets." This momentary distraction is enough for Shana to get in under his guard and push him slightly off balance, forcing him back a few steps; he is quite adept at balancing however and is soon back to his stance once more.

At this, the group surrounding Shin and Shana begin to move forwards. Three raises their crossbows and unleash a flurry of bolts towards Medrash. Two fly wide, however the other two catch him quite cleanly in the shoulder drawing blood.

Alphone makes his kill only be rushed from behind by a pirate, however the strike merely plinks off of the Warforged's armoured body and does nothing.

Myrrh's bowstrike takes out his target and Dran's {DM Action} Strength of Stone does much the same.

VVVVVVV
Map Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/DnD%20Stuff/Ship5.png)
^^^^^^
Dran uses another At Will and shifts one square.
Medrash takes 12 (twelve) damage from the crossbow barrage. He is now down to 12/24 HP.

Shin and Shana both shift one square upwards.

New Mapmarking
PirC: Pirate wielding a crossbow. These four are at the very least not the same types of pirates you've fought thus far. You are unable to tell if any others among them are stronger, however it stands to reason that there probably is. I'll identify them as they reveal themselves and take action.

...don't think I've missed anything else, so yeah, round over, let's go again.

Surrealistik
2011-04-04, 09:59 AM
Looking upon his foe's gruesome demise with casual indifference, Mal'Jareth hefts his bloodied runeblade and strides to the opposite side of the ship. Suddenly, a mote of wavering silver-black energy coalesces in his palm before erupting in a spear of argent fire that blazes towards the lone pirate on the gangway.

If it hits: As the ethereal fire scours its target, a mantle of the same peculiar flame burns faintly about the Githzerai, shrouding him in a silhouette of blazing silver.

Move Action: Move 6 squares to R1

Standard Action: Radiant Vengeance vs Pirate at L8
Attack vs Reflex: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Radiant damage.
Hit Effect: Mal'Jareth gains 4 Temporary Hit Points (THP).

Lemonus
2011-04-04, 03:52 PM
Medrash moves back, to N12 and pulls up the strength to keep going. (Second wind)

Medrash
20/24 (7 Surges Remaining)

jerichodrumm
2011-04-06, 07:29 PM
Myrrh catches Dran's eye and points out a crossbowman that he planned on strafing. Instinctively Dran knew to take advantage of Myrrh's shot and to plow the pirate down.

MOV: None
STD: Race the Arrow vs C7 [roll0] [roll1]
Effect: Dran gets to Charge C7 as a Free Action with a +3 attack & +3 damage

Amnestic
2011-04-07, 04:06 AM
Mal's attack very nearly goes wide, but it sears the skin of the pirate before he can fully dodge. It burns him up completely, and Mal is rewarded with his flaming silver mantle.

Myrrh's attack, for all the strength behind it, goes wide and the pirate outright laughs at him, taunting. Dran's movements up the gangplan provoke shifts from the opposing pirates, some moving forward and some moving backwards. His greatsword doesn't hit the mark on the crossbowman, who soon moves back to be replaced by two pirates wielding shortswords. They lash out with their blades, catching underneath his defenses, only for two bolts to add to the injury. The two other crossbow wielding pirates fire at Medrash once more, also catching him and dealing some damage.

{DM Action} Alphonse incinerates his foe with another slash of his blade and moves forward.

Surprisingly, Shin appears to have gained the upper hand and is now pressing the advantage against Shana.

VVVVVVV
Map Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/DnD%20Stuff/Ship6.png)
^^^^^^

Mal gets his temporary HP.
Myrrh misses.
Medrash takes 4 (four) damage from F6 and D4.
Alphonse gets DM Action'd
{DM Action} Dran misses, and takes 18 (eighteen) damage. Due to the temp. HP from Strength of Stone he's now down to 18/33 health.

New Note:
PirS- Pirate wielding a Shortsword.

Lemonus
2011-04-07, 08:06 AM
Medrash fires a silvery bolt of force at a pirate with a crossbow, then does it again.

Fire a Magic Missile at C6 for 5 damage. If C6 is still alive, spend an action point to hit it with another Magic Missle. If C6 dies after the first attack, spend an action point to hit C5 with a Magic Missle.

Medrash
16/24 (7 Surges Remaining)
Action Points: 0

Surrealistik
2011-04-07, 12:31 PM
Mal'Jareth continues his patient advance, offhandedly loosing another spear of silver flame as he approaches the mass of pirates, the Githzerai's mantle of argent fire wavering silently with the motion of his measured steps. Looking across to the Gallant Dragon, he calls out to the crew, voice resonate with calm authority.

"Charge them; your captain needs our help."

THP: 4

Move Action: Move 6 squares from R1 to L1

Free Action: Address the crew.

Standard Action: Radiant Vengeance vs Pirate at C6, if dead then C5, if dead then D4.
Attack vs Reflex: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Radiant damage.
Hit Effect: Mal'Jareth gains 4 Temporary Hit Points (THP).

jerichodrumm
2011-04-07, 03:51 PM
Myrrh ignored the cackling and strode over to a position so that Dran can here him better. "Keep fighting Dran!" he called hoping his words would keep the man motivated and in the fight. He then took a shot at a crossbowman.

MOV: Walk to I13
STD: Ranged Basic vs C6 1d20+8[roll0]
MIN: Inspiring Word on Dran

jerichodrumm
2011-04-07, 03:52 PM
OOC Let me try this again?
[roll0]

horngeek
2011-04-09, 05:26 AM
Alphonse starts running towards the pirates, moving cautiously towards them.

He doesn't seem to want to charge them yet, probably because he wouldn't have the time anyway.

Moving to M6

Amnestic
2011-04-09, 05:36 AM
The Gallant Dragon crew are spurred into action by the words of Mal'jareth and steam across the planks to attack the enemy ship. They are met immediately by their foes, and for a moment it seems like a stalemate between the two sides before Alphonse brings his weight to bear, unleashing his flaming green instrument of destruction upon them, incinerating the few that were left alive.

The combined ranged assault from Myrrh and Medrash destroy one of the crossbowmen, and Mal's ranged blast strikes true also, clearly injuring a second crossbowman quite severely.

Dran summons the strength of the elements and takes on the form of the Immortal Frost, chill air seeping away from him. Thrusting out his hand, the frost coalesces before bursting out around him, striking the two swordsmen in front of him. They scream in agony and feebly attempt to strike back, but their attacks don't even scratch the ice that makes up Dran's form.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/DnD%20Stuff/ShipNew1.png?t=1302343518

Medrash and Myrrh brought down their target together, with Mal's attack hitting PirC1 and injuring him into Bloodied.
Alphonse and the Gallant Dragon crew finished off what was left of the Minions.
Dran (26/33 HP) uses his Daily Form of Winter's Herald and unleashes his Encounter power, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, dealing 5 damage to PirS2 and 6 damage to PirS1, as well as immoblising them for next turn. They retaliate, and miss.

The Pirate Crossbowmen unleash their attacks. One hits Mal for 8 (eight) damage while the other hits Alphonse for 6 (six) damage. The third attack flies off and hits a great load of bugger all.

People who are bloodied will have their box surrounded by the red square you see around PirC1.

TURN END.

Note: If you'd like a different picture for your token, drop it in the OOC thread and I'll change it for the next map. I just used pictures which seemed appropriate.

horngeek
2011-04-09, 05:58 AM
Alphonse charges past the charred bodies in his wake, ignoring the bolt slamming into his body, as he unleashes a burst of energy... and at the same time, focuses his energies, marking one of the crossbowmen with his Aegis, using it for the first time in this battle.

Okay. Firstly, move action up to D4, which places me perfectly for a Sword Burst.

PirC 2 Attack Roll: [roll0]
PirC 3 Attack Roll: [roll1]
PirS 2 Attack Roll: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3] force damage.

Next, minor action to mark one of the crossbowmen with Aegis of Assault, with the preference order here being PirC 3, PirC 2, PirC 1. Not sure if I can delay that action until everyone else has taken their turns... :smallconfused: If I can, I'd like to. If I can, and it turns out all the crossbowmen have been killed by then, one of the swordsmen.

Lemonus
2011-04-09, 07:18 AM
Medrash shoots another bolt of force at a Crossbowman and shouts: "Come on now! We almost have them!"

Fire a magic Missle at B4 for 5 damage.
Medrash
16/24 (7 Surges Remaining)

Surrealistik
2011-04-09, 10:01 AM
Though his mantle fades, Mal'Jareth takes his bolt without flinching, moving ever forward like an implacable force, the impact failing to so much as even interrupt his resurgent chanting. His cold gaze devours the eyes of one of the battered crossbowman, a predator taking measure of his quarry with savage promise. Moving forth, the Githzerai's giant blade is drawn high into the air, exuding an aura of menace all but palpable as he ignores the first of the pirates to cleave his chosen prey.

THP: 0
HP: 27/32

Move Action: Move 6 squares from G1 to C3 (assume no Opportunity Attack from PirC3 as he is using a crossbow).

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on PirC1.

Standard Action: Rictus Grin vs PirC1.
Attack vs AC: [roll0] [roll1]
Hit Effect: Until the end of Mal'Jareth's next turn, any enemy adjacent to him takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.

Immediate Interrupt: Iron Mind
Trigger: A creature hits Mal'Jareth with an attack roll = to his targeted defense + 1 or less.
Effect: Mal'Jareth gains a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of his next turn.

jerichodrumm
2011-04-10, 02:27 AM
Myrrh launched another shaft behind enemy lines hoping to pick off all of their enemies ranged capabilities.

MOV: Nope
STD: Ranged Basic vs PirC3 [roll0][roll1]
MIN: Nada

Amnestic
2011-04-10, 03:57 AM
Myrrh and Medrash bring down another of the crossbowmen together, his body twitching and convulsing from the bombardment of arrow and magic. Alphonse's Sword Burst erupts from the floor, damaging those around him and fairly severely injuring one of the swordsmen, who looks to be on his last legs. Mal'Jareth's sword annihilates the third-of-four crossbowman, slicing his chest clear in half.

Shin by now is looking a little panicked; quite deservedly perhaps. The brash confidence had had before had gone down as quickly as his pirates. He unleashes a wave of dark energy which washes over his ship, engulfing Mal, Alphonse, Dran, and just barely catching the other two, causing you to go reel back as dark magics burn against your skins (or metal, in the case of Alphonse). Shana is similarly effected, and stumbles back slightly.

The last remaining crossbowman and his swordsmen companions take advantage of this momentary lull to unleash their attacks, swords flashing in the dark. The crossbowman's shot goes wide, but the swordsmen find their marks, their blades cutting deep into Mal and Al.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/DnD%20Stuff/ShipNew2.png

Note: Co-ordinates may have changed slightly from the previous map to this one. Eg. Mal moved to C3 last turn, but C3 is now C2. You are all in your correct positions however, as far as I can tell.

Myrrh and Medrash took down PirC1 together. I switched Mal's attack to PirC2. Didn't think you'd mind.
Alphonse hits some guys, but doesn't kill any of them sadly.
Dran misses like a twit. Whoops.

Shin unleashes a Wave of Darkness upon you. Everyone takes 4 (four) necrotic damage. In addition, everyone is Dazed (PHB pg. 277) for one round with the exception of Myrrh. Mal can choose to avoid the Daze by using his Iron Mind racial should he so desire. The Wave finishes off two of the last three GD crewmen, leaving just one standing.
The crossbowman misses.
The swordsmen attack and deal 6 (six) damage to Mal and 5 (five) damage to Alphonse.

Think that's all.

horngeek
2011-04-10, 04:56 AM
Al takes damage from the darkness and the blade, but not as much as he should have, managing to focus and push through- although still being somewhat dazed.

Using Warforged Resolve, which gives 3 temp. and 3 normal HP due to me being bloodied. Since I'm dazed, I can't do anything else, unfortunately.

Surrealistik
2011-04-10, 10:07 AM
Paying no heed to his assailants, Shin's desperate attack without discernible effect, Mal'Jareth pulls away from the skewering cutlass and methodically takes in his next victim, a ravening stare drawn to manifest weakness. Pushing the other aside, his blade eviscerates the man's gut with a cruel thrust as he draws down the distance. Lifting the impaled foe off the ground, he shunts him aside, a pitiless countenance dominating the brigand's final sight.

"Share my sacrifice."

HP: 17/32
Conditions: None.
Used Powers: Rictus Grin, Iron Mind

Move Action: Shift 1 square from C2 to C3.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on C4 Swordsman.

Standard Action: Overwhelming Strike vs PirC4.
Attack vs AC (Combat Advantage, Flanking): [roll0] [roll1]
Hit Effect: Malus will slide the pirate 1 square to D4 and will shift into C4.

jerichodrumm
2011-04-11, 06:13 AM
Through the haze of darkness, Myrrh woozily saw that his companions were sporting injuries that may sooner than later bring them down. He moved across the plank to get within earshot.

CurrentHP/MaxHP 18/22 (7 Surges Remaining)

MOV: Walk to G5

Lemonus
2011-04-11, 08:03 AM
Medrash moves closer to the battle, in hopes of fighting once the haze wears off.

Medrash
12/24 (7 Surges Remaining)

Amnestic
2011-04-12, 06:50 AM
The swordsman falls before Mal's strike, his injured form crumpling before the strength of the Gith's attacks. The other swordsman jumps back along with the crossbowman before unleashing a joint attack on Alphonse. Both attacks penetrate his armour, striking the Warforged and rocking him to his core.

It is at this point that Shin unleashes what can only be the summation of his powers, knocking Shana clean from his ship and crashing down on her own. He laughs scathingly, but he seems to notice that the vast majority of his soldiers and crew either sinking to the depths or covering his ship with their blood. With a sigh, and an exaggerated movement, he draws a small item from his pocket and activates it, causing it to hum with magical energy. While the only visible occurence from this is some lights drawing in around him, his demeanour - and his following statement of "It has been fun, but I really must be going! I shall take what is mine next time Shana, you can be assured of that." - indicates that he likely intends to flee by utilising the small trinket.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Amnestic/DnD%20Stuff/ShipnNew3.png
Al takes 11 (eleven) damage. I accidentally rolled a D8 when I meant to roll a D6, so I knocked two off the damage to compensate.
Mal gets his hit.
Shana is knocked back to and made Prone.
Shin is attempting to flee. Will you stop him or he will he make his getaway and become a recurring villain? Who knows! Let the dice speak for themselves. :smallamused:

Lemonus
2011-04-12, 11:53 AM
Madras, seeing that Shin is about to escape, launches one fine bolt of force at the trinket.

Magic Missle against the trinket, auto-hits for 5 damage.

Surrealistik
2011-04-12, 12:55 PM
Mal'Jareth is motivated by Myrrh's inspiring assault, redoubling his efforts with resurgent force of will, loosing an off-hand slash at one of the pirates as he quietly manoeuvres to engage Shin. Facing the dread captain in mortal combat, he strikes a forceful blow, slamming the flat of his blade into the magical artifact with a focused swipe.

"No escape."

HP: 17/32
Conditions: None.
Used Powers: Rictus Grin, Iron Mind

Free Action (Myrrh's Turn): Shift 1 square to B4 and melee basic attack against C2 pirate (see OOC).

Free Action (Myrrh's Turn): Shift 2 squares to -B3 (square just left of A3).

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Shin.

If the party helps Mal'Jareth hack off his hand with flanking and Aid Another:

Standard Action: Aspect of Might vs Shin.
Attack vs AC (+2 Combat Advantage (Flanking), +8 Aid Another): [roll0], [roll1]
Damage (+2 Aspect of Might): [roll2]
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter Mal'Jareth gains a +5 power bonus to Athletics checks, a +2 power bonus to speed, and a +2 power bonus to melee attack damage rolls.

Otherwise (assuming a party member moves to flank before attacking, reduce both attack rolls by 2 if not):

Standard Action: Overwhelming Strike vs Shin's Item.
Attack vs AC (+2 Combat Advantage (Flanking)): [roll3], [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] if it matters (not trying to sunder the item).

jerichodrumm
2011-04-12, 11:54 PM
Myrrh switched weapon to his heavy coral pick. He then turned to a torrent of saltwater and flowed between the feet of friend and foe alike. When he reformed behind Shin and swung at her with his weapon. As he did he shouted out some orders to his allies.

CurrentHP/MaxHP 18/22 (7 Surges Remaining)

MIN: Switch weapon to Pick
MOV: Swiftwater Current
Effect: Shift 5 to B1. This avoids terrain and opportunity attacks
STD: Lead by Example vs A2 [roll0] vs AC, [roll1] damage
Effect: If a Hit all allies get Combat Advantage vs A2 Until the Start of My Next Turn.
If a Miss Two allies within 5 squares of me may shift one square and make a free Basic Attack. (Mal & AI)
AP: Opening Shove vs A2 [roll2] vs Reflex, No Damage
Effect: If hit I push A2 1 square (I choose a square where I cannot so she doesn't move) Mal can either shift 3 squares or make a free Melee Basic vs A2