PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-23, 11:47 PM
I recently picked up a copy of Deadlands Reloaded, and I'm quite impressed. However, I'm curious about other adaptations and what they were like. I know there are GURPS and d20 adaptations, as well as a unique system designed for the setting. Tell me about them.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-03-24, 07:51 PM
I recently picked up a copy of Deadlands Reloaded, and I'm quite impressed. However, I'm curious about other adaptations and what they were like. I know there are GURPS and d20 adaptations, as well as a unique system designed for the setting. Tell me about them.

I've heard the adaptations were universally meh at best, and often terrible. The UNIQUE system, however, is absolutely incredible, albeit hard to describe. It uses dicepools of varying size dice for most resolutions, and character generation, initiative, and magic are done with playing cards. Really a great game.

Kaun
2011-03-24, 08:32 PM
I recently picked up a copy of Deadlands Reloaded, and I'm quite impressed. However, I'm curious about other adaptations and what they were like. I know there are GURPS and SHALL NOT BE NAMED adaptations, as well as a unique system designed for the setting. Tell me about them.

I fixed that for you.

Seriously tho Deadlands fluff is awesome. I still play the orriginal ed and the rules are diffrent but really good.

White_North
2011-03-24, 08:44 PM
I have to admit, I haven't played all of them, but I have heard some incredibly bad things about the d20 adaptation. In my opinion, I find that Reloaded works wonderfully. I know that a lot of people advocate Deadlands Classic over Reloaded, but, from what I gather, it moves much more slowly and is more explosively unbablanced, though it also has better fluff. Reloaded is faster to play, easier to learn and, in my opinion, those attributes make it more fun to use. I'd tell you to just play using Reloaded ruleset and import whatever fluff you want from Classic. The Savage World system is adaptable enough for you to do that without too much trouble, I think.

Also, to re-iterate everyone: Yes, Deadlands is awesome. So awesome.

Brock Samson
2011-03-24, 11:35 PM
My group is FINALLY returning to Deadlands (classic) this Saturday! After nearly 3 years that we haven't played it! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!