PDA

View Full Version : I never understood - Why did Miko put Belkar in isolation?

BaronOfHell
2011-03-24, 05:09 AM
In strip: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0261.html we're told it's because of emotional duress. But we know that isn't the case. Now I wonder, what did Miko get out of placing Belkar in isolation exactly? He had not been worse to her than the rest of the group, clearly making no secret about their spite towards her (well except for durkon).

Even if she had some extra grudge against Belkar (which I'm unaware of), would it even bother him to be put in isolation, to be honest? I kind of doubt it.

Had he been together with the rest of the group, he'd had no better means of escaping than the rest of them.

This decision of hers, I can't really make any sense of it. I have had a suspicion that it could be because she actually wanted him to escape, but I don't think Miko is evil, rather I think she's deluted.

What is the boards opinion of why Miko decided to put Belkar in isolation?

SPoD
2011-03-24, 05:30 AM
The "emotional duress" is a reference to strip #225 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0225.html). Belkar forces Miko to pay for an extra room for him because he doesn't want to sleep in the same room with Durkon, claiming that listening to him snore causes emotional duress. When it comes time to imprison him, then, Miko decides to take his request literally and put him in solitary confinement, so as not to cause the emotional duress of being in the same cell as Durkon. It was a way of getting back at him for his earlier behavior.

Also, Miko presumed that Belkar was Evil because he kept blocking her scans, and all of the other people scanned Not Evil. So she just plain didn't like him and didn't trust him, so she put him in higher security.

Lord Bingo
2011-03-24, 05:48 AM
Belkar argued that listening to Durkon's snoring cause him emotional distress (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0225.html) thus demanding a room of his own when Miko checks OOTS into a hotel on the way to presenting the Order before Lord Shojo.

edit: DAMN! Ninjaed...

martianmister
2011-03-24, 11:57 AM
Interestingly, OOTS' placement is same in both cases:

One room/cell for Roy, Durkon and Elan,
One room/cell for Haley and Vaarsuvius,
One room/cell for Belkar alone.

King of Nowhere
2011-03-24, 03:23 PM
miko said that belkar was having a bad influence on the oots. I think ayt the time she belived the ootsers to be good, but at risk of being swaied toward ebvil by belkar, so she kept thjem separated

theinsulabot
2011-03-24, 05:06 PM
miko said that belkar was having a bad influence on the oots. I think ayt the time she belived the ootsers to be good, but at risk of being swaied toward ebvil by belkar, so she kept thjem separated

that reminds me, I need to pick up some beer on the way home from work.

Samurai Jill
2011-03-26, 03:00 PM
That seems a logical argument, but it's a little difficult to understand what you're saying. I agree that Miko's history with the OOTS could have been very different if Belkar had been... absent.