PDA

View Full Version : Ace Combat 7: Assault Horizons

101jir
2011-03-24, 08:53 AM
Just a general opinion thread. Plenty of pros and cons to discuss. Two of the things I am personally excited for is building/scenery damage and a real world location, rather than the AC world. A bit disappointed about some of the trailers though in that it looks like the feel is being significantly altered, especially promting for hitting certain buttons within a time frame to complete a task. AC has always been slightly on the arcade side, but I think that's too much. Anyone planning to buy it (is it already out?)

RPharazon
2011-03-24, 09:44 AM
I'm not looking forward to a few things in this game, namely: No strangereal, a cutback on the narm and camp, and a seemingly intense focus on competing against HAWX (which wasn't even competition anyways).

But I am looking forward to the pretty graphics, and I do hope that they release it for the PC, or I might just have to dust off that old 360 that I've kept in a cabinet since I got my PC a year ago.

101jir
2011-03-24, 09:49 AM
I'm not looking forward to a few things in this game, namely: No strangereal, a cutback on the narm and camp, and a seemingly intense focus on competing against HAWX (which wasn't even competition anyways).

But I am looking forward to the pretty graphics, and I do hope that they release it for the PC, or I might just have to dust off that old 360 that I've kept in a cabinet since I got my PC a year ago.

Strangereal? Narm and Camp? :smallconfused:

By strangereal I would assume you mean something about the storyline, right?

RPharazon
2011-03-24, 05:57 PM
Strangereal is the fan name for the Ace Combat world. Mostly because it's a warped version of our world where all wars are seemingly decided by air combat with ground troops only being there to be babysat.

It's also a reference to the fact that the world's geography is strikingly similar to our own, except with landmasses twisted around and placed in odd ways (the Great Lakes being on the Osean/Belkan border, the Canadian north and Greenland in northern Osea, the landmass south of Osea being an enlarged version of the Iberian peninsula, the area west of Yuktobania being a shrunk version of Europe and Africa, the British Isles placed in western Emmeria, etc). The only part of the world map that isn't just a resized and replaced sample from the Earth's map is Usea, and even then, it's a bit iffy.
Not to mention certain cities being in weird places, like Toronto being inland and renamed November City, Oured being a reoriented and renovated New York...

I'm going to miss seeing modern landmarks being in weird and new places, rather than the places they're supposed to be in.