PDA

View Full Version : Help me to stink like Hell. Literally.

kabof
2011-03-24, 09:38 AM
So I had this crazy idea of a character that, as the title says, stinks. Right now, I'm looking at the Divine Crusader prestige class and grabbing the Pestilence Domain, followed by Contemplative to add another domain (Suffering or Decay, but I'm open to suggestions).

I also found the Mark of Maladomini feat (FCII), but it requires me to be a Devil, and I'm having a hard time finding with no LA/HD, or just finding another race/feat that makes me able to qualify for the feat (Hellbred or Tiefling works? There's the Filth Imp from the Fiend Folio, but it's 3.0 material and I don't feel confortable with that). As a last option, there's also the Troglodyte's 2HD and 2LA.

Finally, there's the idea of being a Dragonborn, grab the Entangling Exhalation and lock enemies in my own mucus.

So, for feats: Entangling Exhalation, True Believer, Weapon Focus, Practiced Spellcaster, Brand of the Nine Hells, Mark of Maladomini, and Skill Focus (Know: Religion).

Besides the "devil with breath weapon" question, I also don't know what class to start the build. Divine Crusades needs BAB +7 and it would be cool if I could start it by level 8, but I guess I've already asked to much. Maybe Fighter/Hexblade? It would net me a couple of extra feats and the Dark Companion ACF. But I'm already playing with an Hexblade/Binder and variety is good.

Phew, that's all, I hope.

Thanks for reading (and please help).

Jarian
2011-03-24, 09:42 AM
You might consider taking the Stench of the Dead (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/spelltouchedFeats.htm#stenchoftheDead) feat, though that tends to make your party hate you as much as the enemies do.

Not exactly related to your question, but there you go!

Darth Stabber
2011-03-24, 01:47 PM
Dragonborn are the chosen children of Bahamut, who is LG, and you are claiming that some ultraskanky devilish troglodyte would recieve that deity's patronage? As a GM I would shoot that down so fast your head would spin.

Take DFA if you want a breath weapon, and then get some invocation that makes stinky clouds. Stench of the Dead is also good for more stink. If I had a player that wanted a hygiene deficient PC and wanted abilities based on that fact SotD is what I would recommend.

HalfDragonCube
2011-03-24, 02:17 PM
Garlic cloves cost only 1cp each. Slap 'em on!:smallbiggrin:

Cartigan
2011-03-24, 02:18 PM
So you don't literally want to stink like hell. You want to stink really really bad literally and like hell figuratively.

Caliphbubba
2011-03-24, 02:32 PM
Dragonborn are the chosen children of Bahamut, who is LG, and you are claiming that some ultraskanky devilish troglodyte would recieve that deity's patronage? As a GM I would shoot that down so fast your head would spin.

Take DFA if you want a breath weapon, and then get some invocation that makes stinky clouds. Stench of the Dead is also good for more stink. If I had a player that wanted a hygiene deficient PC and wanted abilities based on that fact SotD is what I would recommend.

I neat solution to this would be a Dragonborn of Tiamat homebrew. Maybe based off of Squamugons. A DFA Squamugon would be pretty neat come to think of it...

kabof
2011-03-24, 02:39 PM
@Cartigan: I guess so. Stinking like hell would be easy. It's sulfer, isn't it? The main problem is qualifing for that damn Mark of Maladomini feat.

@giantmudkip: Oh, erm. Thanks...? =p

@Darth Stabber: Oh, well. My DM is ok with that part. Don't limit your help thinking otherwise. I just would not want to push too much trying to grab a feat that I don't qualify for. : )

@Jarian: Oh, that's nice. A fixed DC, but I guess I can work on that. Maladomini scales better, but that really helps.

Draz74
2011-03-24, 03:19 PM
Dragonfire Adept is also a more flavorful option than Dragonborn, for getting a breath weapon, because with two levels you can also pick up Sickening Breath, which seems a lot more like mucus to me.

Save DC doesn't scale well unless you keep taking DFA levels, I admit.

HalfDragonCube
2011-03-25, 12:32 PM
Dragonborn are the chosen children of Bahamut, who is LG, and you are claiming that some ultraskanky devilish troglodyte would recieve that deity's patronage?thi As a GM I would shoot that down so fast your head would spin.

Why not make a homebrew dragonborn of Tiamat instead?

If you didn't have much relying on racial abilities, then try this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060105b&page=1).

Just use the same rules, but make a Evil prereq and base it on Chromatic dragons. The breath weapon which can be in any colour you want perfectly fits Tiamat.