PDA

View Full Version : Ways to gain a Frightful Prescence(Not a dragon)

Matamane
2011-03-24, 11:29 AM
Are there any items or abilities which grant frightful presense?

randomhero00
2011-03-24, 11:58 AM
Are there any items or abilities which grant frightful presense?

I don't believe its the exact same thing IIRC but there is a background feat that gives you some kind of aura. I just forget if its shaken, or fear.

Matamane
2011-03-24, 02:27 PM
sources?

any other imput?

prufock
2011-03-24, 03:37 PM
Draconic Presence - Feat from Races of the Dragon. Requires Draconic Heritage and maybe some other prereq's, can't quite remember. Every time you cast a spell, those within 10' make a will save or be shaken. Doesn't affect those with more HD than you.

Frightful Presence - Feat from Draconomicon, if it's allowed. Not sure of the prereqs, but this one works similar to Draconic Presence, except it activates when you attack or charge.

Platinum Helm - from Magic Item Compendium. Like Frightful Presence, but 3/day, and 30 feet.

Aura of Terror - Spell Compendium (I think). 6th level spell, 30', doesn't affect creatures with more HD than your CL (better than your HD if you're a full caster, since you can boost CL in various ways). However, this one is best when combined with Frightful Presence, because it increases the Will DC by 2, increases the radius 10', and escalates the effect (Frightened instead of Shaken). If your DM is nice, you can use this with similar abilities, instead of just "Frightful Presence" proper, as is written.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-03-24, 05:46 PM
Complete Warrior Samurai 20 gets you it.

*hearty laughter*

Yeah, the feat Frightful Presence from Draconomicon is probably your best bet, at least in my opinion. There might be something more obscure and better out there, but if you want simple, just grab the feat.

And if you don't have the Draconomicon, it's in the d20 Modern SRD. (http://www.scratchfactory.com/ModernSRD/Feats.php?Name=Frightful+Presence) The only differences are that the range is 30 feet and it activates when you charge or attack (and the Renown line isn't in there, of course).