PDA

View Full Version : Extra Invocations at level 1?

NineThePuma
2011-03-24, 01:14 PM
Hey GitP. I'm looking at the warlock, and its Invocation Selection is RIDICULOUS. I can either break the game at level one, or I can suck.

Is there any way for me to get my paws on more than one invocation at level one?

Cog
2011-03-24, 01:47 PM
Gestalt with DFA? Play an Incarnate Warforged for two free LA to spend on class levels?

...That is to say, I'm pretty sure not.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-03-24, 03:25 PM
Not without bending WBL.

Yes via feats at Level 6 beyond your normal amount (and again at the next invocation bump)

The item is in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft calle

FMArthur
2011-03-24, 03:35 PM
I hereby nominate PlzBreakMyCmpAn for the 'most irritating typing quirk ever' award. Those poor people who put a signature in their posts instead of their signature don't stand a chance against him.

dextercorvia
2011-03-24, 03:41 PM
I believe Kobold Paladins can get more than one invocation at level one. May result in brain damage however.

gomipile
I hereby nominate PlzBreakMyCmpAn for the 'most irritating typing quirk ever' award. Those poor people who put a signature in their posts instead of their signature don't stand a chance against him.

It's only irritating because he intentionally prevents himself from contributing usefully to any discussion.

On-topic, no, I don't think there is any reasonable way to get extra invocations at level 1. What you can do is get some nice wands/scrolls of level-0 spells and UMD them. I especially recommend No Light and Prestidigitation.

Edit: oh, and a weapon or buckler with a wand chamber so you can have access to your wand more easily. Or a wand bracer.

NineThePuma
I believe Kobold Paladins can get more than one invocation at level one. May result in brain damage however.
Done it. Need Warforged for the lols.

MammonAzrael
2011-03-24, 03:44 PM
Agreed, there is no official way to get an extra invocation at 1st level. The first time you can get an extra invocation would be 6th level.

That said, there ma be homebrew options, but frankly, 1 invocation should serve you just fine at 1st level.

Thurbane
2011-03-24, 06:35 PM
:smalltongue:

The item in EtCR is called the Codex Advocare (20,000 gp). It grants 1 extra Least Invocation as long as you own it.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-04-21, 12:40 PM
I believe Kobold Paladins can get more than one invocation at level one. May result in brain damage however.Done it. Need Warforged for the lols.Source?

FMArthur makes me smile. I wish I had the freedom here to expla

Etrivar
2011-04-21, 12:59 PM
A while ago there was a warlock homebrew that involved getting extra invocations based on your charisma, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: EUREKA! Right here! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172256&highlight=bonus+%22warlock+invocations%22)

gomipile
2011-04-22, 10:26 AM
Source?

FMArthur makes me smile. I wish I had the freedom here to expla

I have come to the realization that PlzBreakMyCmpAn probably never has a complete thought which adds to a discussion. He has no clever idiosyncrasies, he is physically incapable of posting a complete post, for that post could never exist in his head in the first place.

We should find a charity to help this pathetic soul. His life must be torture, never able to form a complete thought to share with his loved ones or acquaintances.

Our thoughts are with you, PlzBreakMyCmpAn.

Axinian
2011-04-22, 12:32 PM
I have come to the realization that PlzBreakMyCmpAn probably never has a complete thought which adds to a discussion. He has no clever idiosyncrasies, he is physically incapable of posting a complete post, for that post could never exist in his head in the first place.

We should find a charity to help this pathetic soul. His life must be torture, never able to form a complete thought to share with his loved ones or acquaintances.

Our thoughts are with you, PlzBreakMyCmpAn.

It could be Candlejack.
PlzBreakMyCmpAn is simply saying his name aloud inst

gbprime
2011-04-22, 12:33 PM
A while ago there was a warlock homebrew that involved getting extra invocations based on your charisma, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: EUREKA! Right here! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172256&highlight=bonus+%22warlock+invocations%22)

Bonus invocations? Nice idea.

I'd modify it a bit, though. Like sorcerers, warlocks are designed to have a limited repertoire. I'd limit it to 1 bonus max, Least/Lesser/Greater/Dark at stats 14/18/22/26.