PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Sands [IC]

Deadly
2011-03-24, 03:34 PM
The cattle mighty heroes:
{table="head"]Character|Player|Race|Class|Paragon Path|Epic Destiny|Role
Priam (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282635)|Son_of_Meepo|Half-elf|Invoker|Devoted Orator|Demigod|Controller
Lisanor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282483)|dr.cello|Eladrin|War lord|Spiral Tactician|Legendary General|Leader
Dorain (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=283196)|Lemonus|Dwarf|Cleric |Warpriest|Demigod|Leader
Mikhael (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=183524)|Goonthegoof|Genasi|S wordmage|Sword of Assault|Arcane Sword|Defender
Minoras (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=206427)|Anonomuss|Eladrin|Sw ordmage/Wizard|Wandering Swordmage|Archlich|Defender
Caleor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282440)|shadowedsoul|Elf|Ran ger|Battlefield Archer|Demigod|Striker[/table]

War has broken out in ancient Raurin. Something has arisen from the sands of the desert, claiming those old lands and bringing the region to the brink of destruction in its bid for conquest. Information is hard to come by among the common folk and rumors of ancient gods and imminent apocalypse are spreading like wildfire. In the lands of Murghôm, the dragon princes are divided. Many have sided with the new power whose name and identity none you have met seem to know, while others fight back against what for each day seems an unstoppable force. The entire region around the Brightstar Lake has fallen, and rumors say other nations around the ancient desert are doing no better. Deep within the desert the hidden clans of elves have been pushed back, now making their last desperate stand, isolated and without allies.

You find yourselves in the city of Skalnaedyr, named for the first of the dragon princes who came to these lands and settled. The city is now at the center of the opposition against the rising enemy. Caught in the middle of a raging war, you find yourselves short on information.

Your reasons for being in Skalnaedyr are up to you. You may have been here all along and seen the events unfold, or maybe you came in response to a call for aid from its dragon prince or some other power in the region, such as the hidden elves of Raurin or another of the nations around Raurin. Or you may simply have ended up here randomly.

I'll give you all a chance to post introductions of your characters, and maybe why you're here or what you're doing at the moment. You don't necessarily have to know each other or be together, you'll get to do that soon enough.

Lemonus
2011-03-24, 04:10 PM
Dorain has come to Skalnaedyr intrigued by what has risen from the sands. He has come to protect any and all innocents, and to destroy any evil he can find.

dr.cello
2011-03-24, 09:40 PM
Lisanor

It wasn't long ago Lisanor received a missive from the elves in Raurim, begging for her aid against--whatever it is that's arisen in the desert. And once she had decided that this plea for help was genuine, she dropped everything and booked passage for Skalnaedyr.

There wasn't much more to go on than what the elves had given her in their missive, however, so she started making inquiries. Something--or someone--was bound to turn up eventually.

Anonomuss
2011-03-26, 01:11 PM
Minoras

Minoras paused to sweep some of the dust from his cloak. The warm sun of the Raurin desert bothered him less now that it had less than half a century before when he had last taken it upon himself to search the ruins of the Imaskar empire. He grasped the hilt of the sword he wore, loosly sheathed at his waist within easy reach. He hoped the cost of delving into those ruins would not be so great this time. He scoffed at himself. He had nothing left to lose, and all to gain within those shattered towns and cities. But he knew that it would be a while before he could pursue that venture again.

The city of Skalnaedyr had changed since he had last wandered its streets. Its people were no longer as welcoming as they once had been, and the city was thick with a tension that made Minoras cautious. He wore the disguise of a half-elven wanderer, descended from the elves of the region. He wore the smile and good graces of one of the half-breeds, and laced his words with magic to assist with the disguise his fine wide-brimmed hat provided. His normally hollow blue eyes were a warm green, and his pale skin, a more pleasant golden colour. He wore his hair loosly at his back, and it descended to his shoulders, kept from scattering across his back by a simple knot of blue material, its normally dark tones were lit to appear fairer, and closer to the colour of the sand than the scattered shadowy patches that were all too rare in the region.

He sat in the corner of a small tavern, where the wine was of good quality but the company were few, but unintrusive. He held in one hand a thick volume, proclaimning itself to be a book of poetry by the Gnomish minstrel Kelstra Foveling, while in reality it contained much of the knowledge of his search for arcane power. His eyes scanned the words of the spells he had found, and he searched their depths for any spell that would undo the wrong that had befallen his companions the last time he had chosen to venture so far abroad, with so little care. His other hand lay idly on the table next to his goblet of wine, although he had not lifted it to gaze into its depths for many minutes. His thumb was slowly stoking the surface of a ring he wore, its runic inscriptions hidden from the untrained eye. He almost longed to activate it, and be gone, back to hear the voice he yearned to remember, but could never forget. But for now, he had to fulfil the promise he had made.

shadowedsoul
2011-03-26, 02:14 PM
Caleor

Caleor entered Skalnaedyr cautiously, as he entered all cities. Civilization made him a little twitchy. But he had heard that there was something going down, and as he wasn't a man to pass up an opportunity to test his skills he had pointed his wanderings in that direction in the hopes of finding some new challenge.

Deadly
2011-03-29, 07:59 AM
:smallsigh: Just going to get moving, then. Would have liked the last two intros.

The city of Skalnaedyr is quiet today, but under the silence is a sense of trepidation as the people wonder what will happen in the war and whether they will soon be overrun. Most of those who haven't already left the city remain inside, only a few are out on the street. As you go about your business near one of the older plazas of the city, the silence is broken by a deep, commanding voice coming from the plaza.

"Skalnaedyr! Show yourself! You cannot hide your traitorous head, come forth and bow down, or face your demise!"

Moving closer to see what goes on, you see a fierce dragonborn standing outside the doors of one of the old estates surrounding the plaza. Clad in fiery-red plate and holding a heavy greatsword, you do not recognise him at a glance, but the symbol of Tiamat is brandished across his armor and there is a sense of great power surrounding him.

Most people are hurrying away from the plaza as you arrive, but some remain, watching.

No response is heard to the dragonborn's call, but this does not seem to discourage him. "We gave you the choice, wyrm!" he calls, and with a deep cry he kicks in the doors of the estate. Out of the broken doorway soldiers emerge to face the invader, and from nearby others appear and rush to the scene.

As if in immediate response to the cry of the dragonborn, the city resounds with battle cries as several spectators throw down their hoods and cloaks and draw wicked blades against the onrushing defenders. They look strange, but you take them to be mercenaries of a sort. For some reason you suspect these are not the kinds of people the dragonborn would normally associate with. It seems many more are now appearing throughout the city, clearly striking in many places at once.

Minoras alone seems to recall seeing the likeness of these mercenaries in old tales of people, called the Forsaken, infused with the divine essence of gods who died during the early ages of the world. Tormented by the memories of what it was to be immortal, they spread out through the planes, some say to seek a return to godhood. What they seek here is not clear.

Map and Initiative below.

The green A on the map is Anonomuss, and the green G is Goonthegoof. Your characters' names both start with Mi so I had to think of something else to use. The blue ones are defenders from the city. The red K is the dragonborn, and the numbered ones are the mercenaries.

Caleor and Priam's turn.

Caleor: Init 54, 193/193 hp
Priam: Init 49, 150/150 hp
Kasarus:
Dorain: Init 35, 195/195 hp
Lisanor: Init 33, 188/188 hp
Minoras: Init 32, 207/207 hp
Defenders:
Mercenary 1:
Mercenary 2:
Mercenary 3:
Mercenary 4:
Mercenary 5:
Mercenary 6:
Mercenary 7:
Mercenary 8:
Mikhael: Init 19, 206/206 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city0.png

Lemonus
2011-03-29, 08:30 AM
Halt! Shouts Dorain at the Mercenaries. I know not who you are, but I am Dorain Kallor, servant of Bahamut! I have sworn an oath to eradicate all evil! Now stand down, and allow me to discern your nature!

Goonthegoof
2011-03-30, 01:20 AM
The usually quick on his feet Mikhael is slow to react, not quite sure who he should attack yet.

Rolls for Dice of Auspicious Fortune (done at the start of every day)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

shadowedsoul
2011-03-30, 09:59 AM
Caleor

Reacting quickly to the appearance of people brandishing weapons, Caleor streaks across the battlefield before marking his targets and unleashing a barrage of arrows at the dragonborn.

Move Action-Move to T8
Minor Action-Throw out a Hunter's Quarry on [Mercenary 5 or Mercenary 8, depending on how high that wall is] and Kasarus (using Peerless Hunter feat, also note that everyone in the party gets a +1 to attack rolls against those targets).
Standard Action-Manticore's Volley on the Kasarus. If any of these hit Kasarus gains vulnerability 5 cold until the end of my next turn.
Attack 1-[roll0]
Damage 1-[roll1] Cold Damage
Attack 2 (add +2 to attack roll if first attack hit)-[roll2]
Damage 2-[roll3] Cold Damage
Attack 3 (add +2 to attack roll if first or second attack hit)-[roll4]
Damage 3-[roll5] Cold Damage

If 2 attacks hit-+[roll6] Cold Damage, if 3 attacks hit use the previous bonus damage and add +[roll7] Cold Damage

If any of the attacks hit I'll go ahead and apply my Hunter's Quarry damage-[roll8]

Also, if either attack 1 or attack 2 hits then Caleor has concealment until the end of his next turn.

If anyone else targets Kasarus with a ranged or area attack Caleor will go ahead and use Combined Fire, which I'm going to roll here-
Attack (add +2 if any of the attacks on my turn caused hit)-[roll9]
Damage-[roll10] Cold Damage

Deadly
2011-03-31, 05:37 AM
The mercenaries seem to pay Dorain no attention yet.

Caleor steps into the plaza and aims a barrage of arrows against the dragonborn. Unfortunately they all miss or break harmlessly against his armor.

With a massive strike of his greatsword and in a conflagration of flames, the dragonborn cleaves the soldier in front of him and steps over his corpse to face the others in his way.

Caleor misses on all attacks. Mercenary 5 and Kasarus are quarried.

I'm not going to be taking any actions for Priam, or others who don't post. If anyone wants to control Priam until he (hopefully) get back, please feel free.

The red transparent circle around Kasarus is an aura. Any enemy who starts their turn within takes 20 fire damage.

Kasarus kills the defender in front of him and steps into their square.

Dorain, Lisanor and Minoras' turns.

Caleor: 193/193 hp
Priam: 150/150 hp
Kasarus: Quarry
Dorain: 195/195 hp
Lisanor: 188/188 hp
Minoras: 207/207 hp
Defenders:
Mercenary 1:
Mercenary 2:
Mercenary 3:
Mercenary 4:
Mercenary 5: Quarry
Mercenary 6:
Mercenary 7:
Mercenary 8:
Mikhael: 206/206 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city1.png

Goonthegoof
2011-03-31, 08:37 AM
Sure, I'll go for priam.
Move action: D-3 to G-3
Standard Action: Storm of Celestia, Burst 4 at N-7

[roll0] thunder damage to all hit.
Going to slide any hit as close as I can to O-5

[roll1] vs fortitude against K
[roll2] vs fortitude against 1
[roll3] vs fortitude against 2
[roll4] vs fortitude against 3
[roll5] vs fortitude against 4
[roll6] vs fortitude against 5

Goonthegoof
2011-03-31, 08:44 AM
Looks like 3 critical hits,
damage is 3d6+7d10+65 on those crit (k, 4 and 5)
Edit: It won't roll for some reason.

Deadly
2011-03-31, 09:14 AM
Retroturn for Priam:

123 damage to K

113 damage to 2, 4, and 5

46 damage to 3.

Missed 1.

Except for 1, they are all slid to O5 or adjacent.

Kasarus, on his turn, spends a move action to get back to where he started. He doesn't move into the dead defender's square but otherwise his actions are unchanged.

There, that should do it. Dorain, Lisanor and Minoras' turns now.

Kasarus: Barely wounded, Quarry
Defenders:
Mercenary 1:
Mercenary 2: Wounded
Mercenary 3: Wounded
Mercenary 4: Wounded
Mercenary 5: Wounded, Quarry
Mercenary 6:
Mercenary 7:
Mercenary 8:

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city2.png

Lemonus
2011-03-31, 03:04 PM
"If you are attacking the defenders of this city, I am afraid I must destroy you." Says Dorain to the Mercenaries and the Dragonborn.

Move to U10
Attack the Dragonborn with Astral blades of Death.
Attack Roll(Wisdom VS. Reflex):
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

dr.cello
2011-03-31, 07:10 PM
With a cry of ""Defenders of the city, to me!" Lisanor draws her sword (minor action, I believe) and charges Mercenary 1, moving to J-7 (standard action).

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Don't forget my Legendary General aura (MP page 155), Unyielding Company: While I have at least 1 hp, allies within 20 squares of me do not fall unconscious at 0 or fewer hit points, and cannot die because of negative hit points. Allies still make death saving throws as usual and can die because of failed death saves.

Anonomuss
2011-04-01, 02:52 AM
Minoras

Minoras, seeing the brawl beginning in the middle of the square lept to the air, and moved towards the centre of the group. Letting out a burst of light, to focus his opponents' attention upon him.

Double Move (Fly) to Q6
Aegis of Shielding Marks all enemies within 8 squares, so all enemies.

Kasarus, and Mercenaries 3,4 and 5 will take 5 necrotic damage for starting their turns within 5 squares.

Deadly
2011-04-01, 05:36 AM
The mercenaries laugh mockingly at Dorain, evading his blades. Lisanor charges the nearest mercenary and delivers a blow, while Minoras takes to the air and seeks to draw the attention of the enemies.

The defenders rally and charge the mercenaries, but seem vastly overpowered by this enemy as the mercenaries respond without mercy. Without Lisanor's presence they would soon fall.

"Ignore the guards, kill the meddlers! Bring them down!" the dragonborn commands.

Dorain missed.

23 damage to mercenary 1 from Lisanor.

Anonomuss: How far above ground are you?

Anyone adjacent to a mercenary gain only half the benefit from healing effects.

Transparent defenders are at negative hp but still standing thanks to Lisanor.

Mikhael, Caleor and Priam's turn. If Priam has not posted within a day someone else can take his actions.

Kasarus: Barely Wounded, Quarry, Aegis
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Wounded, Aegis
Mercenary 2: Bloodied, Aegis
Mercenary 3: Wounded, Aegis
Mercenary 4: Wounded, Aegis
Mercenary 5: Wounded, Quarry, Aegis
Mercenary 6: Aegis
Mercenary 7: Barely Wounded, Aegis
Mercenary 8: Aegis

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city3.png

Goonthegoof
2011-04-01, 07:43 AM
Everyone get away from him! Only I, an master of flame and storm may safely stand against this foe! Mikhael cries as he leaps into the air and reappears in front of Kasarus, sword wreathed in lightning and flame.

Minor Action: Double Spell Assault (Dimensional Charge) vs Kasarus
vs AC, [Roll]4d10+32+5d6 fire/thunder/lightning/physical damage
Minor Action: Aegis of Assault placed on Kasarus
Standard Action: Dimensional Charge vs Kasarus
vs AC, [Roll]4d10+32+5d6 fire/thunder/lightning/physical damage

Unaffected by fire damage due to fire resist 20
Until the end of my next turn: AC 56 fortitude 47 reflex 47 will 40, concealment
My combat advantage vs Kasarus and concealment vs everyone not factored in.

Goonthegoof
2011-04-01, 07:45 AM
WHY DO MY ROLLS NEVER WORK?

Ok one critted, so that's 102+[roll0]=136 damage on that one.
The damage for the other is 32+[roll1]+[roll2]=79

Deadly
2011-04-05, 08:16 AM
As Mikhael charges, the dragonborn steps away just in time to avoid the first attack while a shimmer of electricity seems to negate some of the fury from the second attack. The inferno of flames surrounding the dragonborn changes to a storm of acid as he steps back from Mikhael, unfolds his wings and charges into the air to strike at Minoras instead "You are fools to challenge our might!"

Mikhael: I believe your resistance to fire/lightning is only 15. So you take 5 damage from the aura.

Mikhael's aegis supersedes Minoras' aegis (does not stack).

Mikhael missed with the first attack. 106 damage to Kasarus on the other attack.

Skipping Caleor and Priam. 20 fire damage to Caleor from aura.

Kasarus changes his aura to deal acid damage instead of fire damage.

Kasarus shifts to Q4. Kasarus charges Minoras, 32 damage to Minoras from Kasarus. Kasarus is currently 4 squares above ground.

Caleor: 173/193 hp
Kasarus: Barely wounded, Quarry, Aegis (Mikhael), resist 30 lightning, 4 sqrs above ground
Minoras: 175/207 hp, 4 sqrs above ground
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Wounded, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 2: Bloodied, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 3: Wounded, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 4: Wounded, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 5: Wounded, Quarry, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 6: Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 7: Wounded, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 8: Aegis (Minoras)
Mikhael: 201/206 hp, +5 AC and +2 reflex til end of turn, +2 AC and Fort while not bloodied

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city4.png

Lemonus
2011-04-05, 12:44 PM
Dorain invokes an ancient prayer, and a brilliant burst of light appears, scouring his enemies and healing his allies.

Sunburst (Burst two), centered on Q6.
Attack is Wisdom versus Will Using my Holy Avenger as my implement.

Attack versus Q5: [roll0]
Attack versus P6 [roll1]
Awesome! Nat 20! If this is a crit, it'll deal 45 damage!
Attack versus O6: [roll2]

Damage (Radiant): [roll3] plus [roll4] (from my Holy Avenger)
Any of my allies in the burst regain 14 Hit Points and can make a saving throw.

dr.cello
2011-04-05, 04:21 PM
Lisanor uses Fey Step (move action) to teleport to O5, then uses Spiral of Fey Death (standard action) to attack Mercenary 2. She has Combat Advantage for this attack due to her Feywild Flanker feat. She will repeat this attack, teleporting adjacent to every enemy within 3 squares (mercenaries 3, 5, 4; to M5, O5, and P5, respectively, thus flanking with each attack), then teleports back to her original position at O5. For her minor action, she uses Adaptive Stratagem (close burst 10) to grant Caleor +7 to damage until the end of my next turn.

Mercenary 2
[roll0] (CA included)
Effect: Deal 10 ongoing damage (save ends).

Mercenary 3
[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
EDIT: Critical hit! That should do 46 damage, then.

Mercenary 5
[roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Mercenary 4
[roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

EDIT: Also, as I am flanking Mercenaries 5 and 4, they grant combat advantage to all my allies due to Vexing Flanker.

Anonomuss
2011-04-06, 02:51 AM
Minoras

Attacked in the air, Minoras dissapears in a flash of light, before he reappears next to some of the mercenaries, blade flashing as he attacks, each of his strokes leaving waves of force in the air, and a thundering soundwave in their wake.

Minor-Host of Shields
+2 to AC and Reflex, and a +1 to melee basic attacks and At will attacks (From Master's Sword)

Move-Fey Step to O4, get a free melee basic from Eladrin Swordmage Advance
[roll0] v AC on Mercenary 2
[roll1] damage if it hits.

Standard-Sword Burst (Enlarged by Resounding Thunder) In a close burst 2
Attacks v Reflex
Merc 2-[roll2] (-3 because its an implement power, and I forgot)
Merc 3-[roll3] (-3 because its an implement power, and I forgot)
Merc 4-[roll4] (-3 because its an implement power, and I forgot)
Merc 5-[roll5] (-3 because its an implement power, and I forgot)

Damage-[roll6] thunder and force damage.

Minoras would have used his aegis interrupt to prevent 24 damage of one of the mercenaries against the defenders, which would also have granted him 24temp hp. He will continue to use his aegis in this manner. He will have 4thp at the end of his turn due to the 20 acid damage.

Deadly
2011-04-07, 06:26 AM
Dorain's burst sears two of the mercenaries, while Lisanor and Minoras both leap in in a swirl of blades. The mercenaries respond with equal force, almost bringing Lisanor down but thankfully Minoras' protective aegis saves her just in time.

Dorain: Your burst won't hit K in Q5 because he's too far above the ground. It would have missed anyway. Why not aim the burst in O5, that way you get all four mercenaries 2, 3, 4 and 5 in your burst. I'll assume that and just roll the missing attack for you.

Dorain missed mercenaries 3 and 5. 30 damage to mercenary 2 and 45 damage to mercenary 4.

Mercenary 4 deals damage to defender O7, but it is reduced by Minoras' aegis, saving the defender.

25 damage to mercenary 2, 46 to mercenary 3, 36 to mercenary 5, 32 to mercenary 4, and ongoing 10 to all from Lisanor.

47 damage to Lisanor from Mercenary 5.

22 damage to mercenary 2 from Minoras. 25 damage to mercenaries 2,3,4,5.

10 damage to mercenaries 2,3,4,5 (ongoing).

Another 47 damage to Lisanor from mercenary 3, who also kills defender O7, though he remains standing thanks to Lisanor.

Mercenaries 2 and 4 regain 63 hp.

48 damage to Lisanor from mercenary 3. Critical hit, 66 damage to Lisanor, from mercenary 5. I assume Minoras will use his aegis to reduce it all by 24.

Lisanor is at 4 hp.

Mercenary 4 fails his save against ongoing, the others save.

Mikhael, Caleor and Priam's turns.

Caleor: 173/193 hp, +7 damage til end of Lisanor's turn
Kasarus: Barely Wounded, Quarry, Aegis (Mikhael), resist 30 lightning, 4 sqrs above ground
Lisanor: 4/188 hp
Minoras: 175/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, 24 tmp hp
Defenders:
Mercenary 3: Bloodied, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 4: Bloodied, Aegis (Minoras), ongoing 10 (save), CA
Mercenary 5: Bloodied, Quarry, Aegis (Minoras), CA
Mercenary 6: Wounded, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 7: Wounded, Aegis (Minoras)
Mikhael: 206/206 hp, +5 AC and +2 reflex til end of turn, +2 AC and Fort while not bloodied

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city5.png

shadowedsoul
2011-04-07, 06:44 PM
Caleor

Frustrated by the lack of effectiveness from his bow, Caleor repositions before unleashing another volley at Kasarus.

Move action-Shift to S7
Minor Action-Put Mercenaries 7 and 8 under my Hunter's Quarry
Standard Action-Pounding Barrage against Kasarus:
Attack 1-[roll0]
Damage 1-[roll1]
Attack 2 (Add two if the first attack hits)-[roll2]
Damage 2-[roll3]
Attack 3 (Add two if the first or second attack hits)-[roll4]
Damage 3-[roll5]

If the first or second attack hits then Caleor will have concealment until the end of his next turn. If any attack hits then Kasarus gains vulnerable 5 cold until the end of Caleor's next turn (all damage from the bow is cold damage). If any of the attacks hit I'll go ahead and toss my Hunter's Quarry damage on Kasarus as well-[roll6]. If any two of the attacks hit then Kasarus takes an additional [roll7] cold damage. If all three of the attacks hit then Kasarus is immobilized until the end of my next turn.

If anyone deals damage to Kasarus or Mercenaries 5, 7 or 8 Caleor will go ahead and toss a Lightning shot on them as well (unless the get dropped first):
Attack-[roll8]
Damage-[roll9] (add [roll10] damage if the target is bloodied when Caleor makes his attack)+target gains vulnerable 5 cold until the end of my next turn (unless they already have it), also if it's against Kasarus and only attack 3 hit on my turn then Caleor will gain concealment until the end of my next turn. If none of Caleor's attacks against Kasarus hit and this one does then go ahead and apply the Hunter's Quarry damage to this attack instead.

dr.cello
2011-04-07, 06:46 PM
Using an immediate interrupt to use Anticipate Attack against Mercenary 5's critical hit.

Attack roll (vs. Reflex): [roll0]
If I hit, I shift to P4, hopefully negating the attack.
Regardless of whether I hit, each ally adjacent to Mercenary 5 makes an opportunity attack, with +7 to damage rolls.

Goonthegoof
2011-04-08, 12:38 AM
Didn't notice Kasarus had actually hit someone. Can we assume I always respond with dimensional charge when my aegis activates?

Deadly
2011-04-12, 06:05 AM
Lisanor swiftly evades the almost lethal attack from the mercenary and responds with a swift strike, and with the defenders' aid brings down the mercenary.

Caleor once again fires, and misses the flying dragonborn, who moves back down to strike at Lisanor and Minoras.

Lisanor's interrupt: 30 damage to merc 5, and shifts, so she doesn't take that 66 damage. 48 damage to merc 5 from defenders, killing him.

20 acid damage to Mikhael from aura.

Skipping Mikhael

20 acid damage to Caleor from the aura.

Caleor misses Kasarus. I'll keep Lightning Shot in mind 'til your next turn.

Skipping Priam.

Kasarus moves to O3, now 1 square above ground.

17 damage to Lisanor from Kasarus. Kasarus missed Minoras barely.

Caleor: 153/193 hp, +7 damage til end of Lisanor's turn
Kasarus: Barely Wounded, Quarry, Aegis (Mikhael), resist 30 lightning, 1 sqr above ground
Lisanor: 53/188 hp
Minoras: 175/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, 24 tmp hp
Defenders:
Mercenary 3: Bloodied, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 4: Bloodied, Aegis (Minoras), ongoing 10 (save), CA
Mercenary 5: Dead
Mercenary 6: Wounded, Aegis (Minoras), Quarry
Mercenary 7: Wounded, Aegis (Minoras), Quarry
Mikhael: 186/206 hp, +2 AC and Fort while not bloodied

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city6.png

dr.cello
2011-04-13, 12:25 AM
Lisanor slips away from Kasarus to press a melee attack against Mercenary 4, shouting for her allies nearby to bring down their opponents in that moment and calling to bolster their resolve.

Move action: shift to Q5.
Standard action: use Beat Them Into The Ground on Mercenary 4.
To hit: [roll0]
On a hit, target is knocked prone, and every ally within 5 squares of me makes a basic attack against a target of his choice, with a +7 bonus on the attack roll. On a hit, they deal no damage, but knock their target prone.
Minor action: Use Inspiring Word on myself. I regain 47 + [roll2] = 70 HP, and every ally within a 15-square burst gains 10 temporary hitpoints.

Anonomuss
2011-04-14, 04:00 AM
Minoras

Minoras steps into the midst of his opponents, sword whirling to parry, even as he deftly sidesteps Karsarus' attack. He looks for a moment of opportunity, and brings his sword around in a wide arc, leaving a trail of booming thunder.

Shift to O5
Sword Burst
K-d20+35 v Reflex
1-d20+35 v Reflex
2-d20+35 v Reflex
3-d20+35 v Reflex
4-d20+35 v Reflex
Doing [roll0] damage to any it hits.

They all take 5 necrotic damage from Minoras' aura.

Lemonus
2011-04-14, 08:04 AM
Dorain moves over slightly, and shouts out a prayer. A rolloing cloud of fire comes out to scour his foes. He then mutters a quick incantation, and Lisanor is healed.

Shift to T9
Use Fire Storm centered on O5

Fire Storm
Wisdom VS. Reflex
Area burst 5

Attack versus N6
Attack versus N5 [roll1]
Attack versus N4 [roll2]
Wow. Three nat. 20s If it's a critical, they'll take 61 damage, Plus an extra [roll]1d10 damage.
Attack versus O3 [roll3]
Attack versus P6 [roll4]

Damage: [roll5] Fire Damage
Miss: Half Damage
Effect: The burst creates a zone of fire that lasts until the end of my next turn. Enemies that start their turn in this zone take 1d10+5 damage.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists

Minor Action: Healing Word on Lisanor
Lisanor can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [roll6] hit points.

Deadly
2011-04-14, 02:11 PM
In the heat of the battle, one of the mercenaries who you was sure had fallen disappears in a flash only to reappear behind Lisanor, striking at her but missing. The other mercenaries continue their relentless assault despite two more having fallen.

:smallconfused: What the heck is up with all these crits lately?

62 damage to mercs 1, 2, and 3 from Dorain. 22 damage to K and merc 4.

Lisanor spends surge and regains 69 hp.

20 acid damage to Lisanor (aura)

31 damage to merc 4, knocked prone. Minoras knocks Kasarus prone. Caleor knocks merc 7 prone.

Lisanor: Sill wish to use Inspiring Word after Dorain's Healing Word?

20 acid damage to Minoras (aura)

Minoras missed merc 1. 22 damage to K, 2, 3, and 4. Minoras kills merc 2 and 4.

Defender M4 and M7 dies from failed death saves. P3, P4, M5, M6 are at negative hp but standing thanks to Lisanor.

7 fire damage to mercs 1, 3 and 7 from Dorain's fire.

53 damage to Dorain from merc 8.

Merc 5 reappears in R6 with no effects and positive hp, missed Lisanor.

Caleor: 153/193 hp
Kasarus: Wounded, Quarry, Aegis (Mikhael), resist 30 lightning, prone
Dorain: 142/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire)
Lisanor: 102/188 hp
Minoras: 175/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, 4 tmp
Defenders:
Mercenary 2: Dead
Mercenary 3: Near Death, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 4: Dead
Mercenary 5: Bloodied

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city7.png

shadowedsoul
2011-04-18, 12:09 PM
Caleor

Growing increasingly frustrated at his inability to actually hit the dragonborn, Caleor steps back and unleashes a volley of arrows at a new target.

Move Action-Shift to R8
Minor Action-Throw a Hunter's Quarry on 5 and 1 (so 1, 5, 6, 7, and Kasarus are Quarried now)
Standard Action-Use Pounding Barrage (Regained from Divine Miracle) on Mercenary 5
Attack 1-[roll0]
Attack 2 (Add 2 if the first attack hit)-[roll2]
Attack 3 (Add 2 if attacks 1 or 2 hit)-[roll4]
Damage 3-[roll5] Cold Damage

If any attacks hit then Mercenary 5 gains Vulnerability 5 Cold until the end of my next turn. If attacks 1 or 2 hit then Caleor gains concealment until the end of my next turn. If two attacks hit the mercenary 5 takes an extra [roll6] cold damage, if all three attacks hit then mercenary 5 is also immobilized until the end of my next turn. If any of the attacks hit I'll go ahead and toss my Hunter's Quarry damage on there too-[roll7].

Should an enemy move Adjacent to Caleor he'll use Weave Through the Fray to shift up to 7 squares (I won't be disappearing for days this time, so just lemme know if it happens and I'll tell you where he goes since I dunno what the board is gonna look like at that point).

Deadly
2011-04-19, 04:36 AM
Caleor crushes the mercenary who reappeared moments ago, hopefully bringing it down for good this time. Meanwhile the dragonborn stands and unleashes a breath of searing flames upon everyone in front of him.

Skipping Mikhael and Priam

Caleor hits all three times, obliterating mercenary #5.

8 fire damage to Kasarus from Dorain's zone.

Critical hit against Lisanor: 49 fire damage and ongoing 10 fire (save ends) to Lisanor from Kasarus.

28 fire damage and ongoing 10 fire (save ends) to Caleor from Kasarus.

Kasarus missed Minoras and Mikhael.

Anyone who starts their turn within the red zone takes 10 fire damage.

Caleor: 125/193 hp, conceiled until end of turn, ongoing 10 fire (save)
Kasarus: Wounded, Quarry, Aegis (Mikhael), resist 30 lightning
Dorain: 142/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire)
Lisanor: 53/188 hp, ongoing 10 fire (save)
Minoras: 175/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, 4 tmp
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Wounded, Aegis (Minoras), Quarry
Mercenary 2: Dead
Mercenary 3: Near Death, Aegis (Minoras)
Mercenary 4: Dead

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city8.png

Lemonus
2011-04-19, 11:11 AM
Dorain mutters a quick prayer to maintain the cloud of fire, then attacks a mercenary with his warhammer.

Sustain the aura.
[roll0] damage to all enemies in the aura
Righteous Brand against U10
Attack Roll (Strength VS. AC):
[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

dr.cello
2011-04-20, 01:42 AM
Lisanor takes the briefest moment to strengthen her resolve before leaping into the air on her zephyr boots and moving into a position to flank Kasarus and harry him with attacks.

Minor: Inspiring Word on myself, regaining 47 + [roll0] HP = 75 and granting all allies within the 15-square burst 10 THP.
Move: Moving to N2, one square above the ground. Kasarus now grants CA to my allies so long as I'm flanking him.
Standard: Using Break the Tempo on Kasarus.
To hit: [roll1]
Effect: If the target attacks before the end of my next turn, use an immediate interrupt to move 4 squares and make a melee basic attack against the target. If I hit, the target takes a -7 penalty to attack. (Sustain minor.)

EDIT: Critical hit! Damage in next post.

dr.cello
2011-04-20, 01:45 AM
Right, I forgot.
Damage: 56 + [roll0] = 75

Anonomuss
2011-04-20, 05:45 AM
Minoras

Minoras grabbed the body of one of the falling mercenaries and used it to block his opponent's attacks as he stepped backwards to where it had once been standing. His eyes blazed briefly with a golden light that made his skin appear pale for a brief moment, and he span in a tight circle, free hand outstretched a blinding spray of colour attacking his foes.

Move-Shift to P6

Standard Action-Prismatic Spray in a close burst 5 (Should encompass all enemies.)
K-[roll0] vs Fort, Ref and Will
1-[roll1] vs Fort, Ref and Will
3-[roll2] vs Fort, Ref and Will
6-[roll3] vs Fort, Ref and Will
7-[roll4] vs Fort, Ref and Will
8-[roll5] vs Fort, Ref and Will

On a hit against Fort-[roll6] poison damage and slowed (save ends).
On a hit against Ref-[roll7] fire damage and 15 ongoing fire damage (Save ends)
On a hit against Will-Target is stunned (Save ends)

Targets can be affected by each hit effect as long as the attack roll beats that defence.

Deadly
2011-04-20, 06:34 AM
Minoras kills another mercenary. The three dead mercenaries, including the one Minoras used as cover, disappear in bursts of light only to reappear behind Minoras, striking at him and Caleor.

27 damage to merc 6 from Dorain.

20 acid damage to Lisanor from aura. 10 fire damage to Lisanor from Kasarus' breath. 10 fire (ongoing) to Lisanor.

Lisanor spends a surge and regains 75 hp. 10 temp hp to everyone.

75 damage to Kasarus from Lisanor.

You forgot to save against ongoing damage. Did it for you: Lisanor fails her save against ongoing.

20 acid damage to Minoras from aura. 10 fire damage to Minoras from fire breath.

I keep forgetting the necrotic damage you do to those around you: 5 necrotic to 1, 3 and K.

Minoras kills Merc 3. 44 damage to Merc 1 from Minoras, and it is slowed, stunned and takes ongoing 15 fire

15 damage (ongoing) to Merc 1 from Minoras

Merc 1 saves against stunned.

Mercs 2, 3 and 4 disappear and reappear in O7, P7 and Q7 with positive hp.

Merc 2 missed Minoras. 47 damage to Minoras from Merc 3. 53 damage to Caleor from Merc 4.

Caleor: 82/193 hp, conceiled until end of turn, ongoing 10 fire (save)
Priam: 150/150 hp, 10 temp hp
Kasarus: Wounded, Quarry, Aegis (Mikhael), resist 30 lightning
Dorain: 142/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire), 10 temp hp
Lisanor: 88/188 hp, ongoing 10 fire (save), 10 temp hp, 1 sqr above ground
Minoras: 61/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Bloodied, Aegis (Minoras), Quarry, slowed (save), ongoing 15 fire (save)
Mercenary 2: Bloodied
Mercenary 3: Bloodied
Mercenary 4: Bloodied
Mikhael: 186/206 hp, +2 AC and Fort while not bloodied, 10 temp hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city9.png

shadowedsoul
2011-04-21, 03:35 PM
Caleor

After deftly fleeing the teleporting foe, Caleor takes a moment to re-orient himself before unleashing another storm of arrows upon his foes.

Minor Action-Hunter's Quarry Mercenaries 2 and 3.
Non-Action-Recover Lightning Shot through Divine Miracle
Standard Action-Twin Strike (Primary target is mercenary 2, if he happens to get dropped by the first shot then the second attack will be mercenary 3)-
Attack 1-[roll0]
Attack 2-[roll2]

If either attack hits then the target of that attack gains Vulnerable 5 until the end of my next turn. If the first attack hits and the mercenary 2 is not dropped then I gain concealment until the end of my next turn. If the first attack hits and mercenary 2 is not dropped then I get +2 to my second attack roll. Attach Hunter's Quarry damage to the first attack that hits-[roll4] If neither attack hits and my reaction attack hits (rolled below) then add the Hunter's Quarry damage to that instead.

If the any of the target's of my hunter's quarry are damage and in short range for my bow and I have line of sight to them then I will use Lightning Shot-
Attack-[roll5]
Damage-[roll6] Cold Damage, if the target of the attack is bloodied then add [roll7] to that total.

If this happens to be against mercenary 2 or 3 and either of the first two attacks hit the same target then I will gain concealment until the end of my next turn. Regardless, if this attack hits then the target gains Vulnerable 5 Cold until the end of my next turn.

And finally, save against Ongoing Fire Damage-[roll8]

Deadly
2011-04-25, 05:18 AM
Caleor leaps out of harm's way and fires at one of the mercenaries, while the dragonborn continues to assault Lisanor.

I'm removing Mikhael and Priam from play. Minoras is now labeled "M" on the map, instead of "A".

Caleor shifts to N14, does not take the 53 damage from last round.

10 damage (ongoing) to Caleor.

Caleor's first attack missed. 42 damage to Merc 2 from Caleor,

Caleor saves against ongoing.

26 damage to Lisanor from Kasarus.

Huh, I just noticed that Lisnor is standing inside a building. Kinda hard to see with all the area effects. I'll shuffle her off to N3.

Caleor: 125/193 hp
Kasarus: Wounded, Quarry, resist 30 lightning
Dorain: 142/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire), 10 temp hp
Lisanor: 72/188 hp, ongoing 10 fire (save), 1 sqr above ground
Minoras: 61/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Bloodied, Aegis (Minoras), Quarry, slowed (save), ongoing 15 fire (save)
Mercenary 2: Near Death, Quarry, vulnerable 5 cold til end of Caleor's turn
Mercenary 3: Bloodied, Quarry
Mercenary 4: Bloodied

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city10.png

dr.cello
2011-04-25, 02:41 PM
Lisanor swiftly counters Kasarus's attack, hoping to make his hit go off-target, before making an assault of her own and shouting at Minoras to take advantage of the opening. Then she briefly touches her amulet and smiles strangely.

First, immediate interrupt. Melee basic attack against Kasarus. If it hits, he takes -7 on his attack roll against me.

Hit: [roll0]

Minor action: sustain this ability: until the end of my next turn, if Kasarus attacks I may move four squares and make a melee basic attack against him as an immediate interrupt; if I hit he takes -7 on the attack roll. Assume I'll use this if he attacks.

Standard action: Use Sudden Assault.
Hit: [roll2]
On a hit, Minoras gains an extra standard action. If he uses it to attack a target adjacent to me (ie Kasarus), he gains a +7 bonus on the attack roll.

Move action: Activate Scarab of Invulnerability; I am invulnerable until the end of my next turn.

Save against ongoing: [roll4]

Anonomuss
2011-04-26, 04:01 AM
Minoras

When the colour dispersed from around Minoras, he re-engaged the arcane lights bound to his blade, drawing the attention of the combattants back to him, before bringing it about and attacking the risen mercenaries.

Minor Action-Mark all the enemies with my Aegis.
Move Action-Shift to P5
Standard Action-Sword Burst
K-[roll0] v Reflex
1-[roll1] v Reflex
2-[roll2] v Reflex
3-[roll3] v Reflex
4-[roll4] v Reflex
Damage-[roll5] thunder damage.

Lemonus
2011-04-26, 07:40 AM
Dorain strikes a Mercenary with his warhammer, while chanting a prayer to keep the firestorm alive. He also shouts ot a prayer that heals Minoras.

MBA against Merc6
Attack VS. AC: [roll0]

Maintain Aura: [roll2] fire damage to all ebonite except Mercs 8 and 6.

Healing word on Minoras: He can spend a healing surge and regain an additional [roll3] HP

Deadly
2011-04-27, 05:01 AM
The battle continues to rage. If it wasn't for Lisanor, all the defenders would now have fallen. Thankfully not all have succumbed to their wounds yet.

Two more mercenaries fall.

21 damage to Merc 6 from Dorain. 8 fire damage to K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7

Minoras spends a surge and regains 67 hp.

10 fire (ongoing) to Lisanor. 20 acid (aura) to Lisanor.

27 damage to Kasarus from Lisanor. He still hit her, though, just barely.

24 damage to Kasarus from Lisanor.

Minoras gains another standard action with +7 to attack against Kasarus

Lisanor saves against ongoing.

20 acid (aura) to Minoras.

23 damage to K, 1, 2, 3, and 4 from Minoras. Merc 2 dies.

Caleor uses Lightning Shot on Merc 3 in reaction to Minoras' attack. 46 damage to Merc 3 from Caleor. Merc 3 dies.

Defenders P3 and O6 die from failed saves.

15 fire (ongoing) to Merc 1.

Mercs 1 and 4 missed Minoras.

All defenders are now at negative hp, only kept alive by Lisanor.

48 damage to Dorain from Merc 6. Reduced to 24 by Minoras' aegis, Minoras gains 24 temp hp.

Mer 1 saves against slowed

Caleor's turn. Also Minoras gets to take his extra standard action retroactively.

Kasarus: Wounded, Aegis, Quarry, resist 30 lightning
Dorain: 128/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire)
Lisanor: 42/188 hp, 1 sqr above ground, invulnerable til end of turn
Minoras: 108/207 hp, 24 temp hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Near Death, Aegis (Minoras), Quarry, ongoing 15 fire (save)
Mercenary 3: Dead
Mercenary 4: Near Death, Aegis
Mercenary 6: Wounded, Aegis, Quarry
Mercenary 7: Wounded, Aegis, Quarry
Mercenary 8: Aegis

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city11.png

Anonomuss
2011-04-27, 06:38 AM
Minoras

Seizing the opportunity that Lisanor created for him to strike out once more at the mercenaries that surrounded him.

Sword Burst-
K-[roll0] v Reflex
1-[roll1] v Reflex
4-[roll2] v Reflex
Damage-[roll3] damage if it hits.

Preventing the 24 damage to Lisanor from Karsarus, Minoras gains 24 thp.
All enemies within 5 take 5 necrotic damage if living, if undead they take 5 radiant instead.

shadowedsoul
2011-04-28, 02:02 PM
Caleor

Caleor repositions himself before unleashing another volley of arrows into the fray.

Move Action-Move to Q10
Minor Action-toss a Hunter's Quarry on Mercs 4 and 8
Nonaction-Recover Lightning Shot with Divine Miracle
Standard Action-Twin Strike. Primary Target is Merc 4, if Merc 4 drops then second attack will be against Merc 6.
Attack 1-[roll0]
Attack 2-[roll2]

If both attacks end up being against Merc 4 and the first one hits then Caleor will have concealment until the end of his next turn and will gain +2 on his second attack roll. No matter who the attacks are against anyone hit by one will gain Vulnerability 5 Cold until the end of Caleor's next turn. Hunter's Quarry damage ([roll4]) will apply to the first attack that hits.

Caleor will also use Lightning Shot on the first viable target (since I've got all the bad guys quarried at this point) unless that target is dropped by the initial attack
Attack-[roll5]
Damage-[roll6] Cold Damage, if the target is bloodied when Caleor makes his attack then add [roll7] to that total.

If this happens to be against Merc 4 or 6 and either of the first two attacks hit against the same target then add 2 to the attack roll and Caleor will gain concealment until the end of his next turn.

Deadly
2011-04-29, 07:19 AM
Caleor brings down one of the mercenaries, hoping it will stay dead this time around. The other strikes furiously at Dorain in response to the arrow but misses.

21 damage to K, 1, and 4 from Minoras.

Undoing the damage reduction for Dorain from Minoras' aegis. So Dorain took 48 not 24 damage in the last post. Instead Lisanor took only 2 damage from Kasarus.

We really need to coordinate these reactions better :smallsigh:

I've given Minoras an aura on the map, so I can maybe remember those 5 necrotic damage he does. I hope all the zones and auras aren't getting confusing.

Shadowedsoul: After checking, I believe you don't actually gain the benefit of Divine Miracle yet, because you still have unused encounter powers. It only activates once you've used up your last encounter power. I'm not going to go back and change things, but Lightning Shot is currently spent.

59 damage to Merc 4 from Caleor. Merc 4 dies.

42 damage to Merc 6 from Caleor.

Merc 6 missed Dorain

5 necrotic damage to Kasarus from Minoras.

Critical hit against Lisanor from Kasarus. Thankfully she's invulnerable and takes no damage. She is knocked prone, however.

20 damage to Minoras from Kasarus, and he's knocked prone.

Kasarus spends an action point: Kasarus missed Lisanor... not that it matters since she's invulnerable. 34 damage to Minoras from Kasarus.

Dorain: 104/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire)
Lisanor: 66/188 hp, prone, invulnerable til end of turn
Minoras: 78/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, prone
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Near Death (won't survive those 15 ongoing on its next turn), Aegis (Minoras), Quarry, ongoing 15 fire (save)
Mercenary 3: Dead
Mercenary 6: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry, Vulnerable 5 cold til end of Caleor's turn
Mercenary 8: Aegis, Quarry

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city12.png

Anonomuss
2011-04-29, 08:26 AM
Minoras

Minoras cursed as the Dragonborn's attacks broke through his guard and knocked him from his feet. He regained his feet swiftly and struck out against Kasarus his strikes coming more furiously than ever, and coming from every angle. "Did noone ever tell you to respect your betters, Dragon-thing? Your weak form barely deserves the name."

Move-Stand
Standard-Bane Blade
[roll0] v AC
On a hit-[roll1] damage, and until the end of the encounter Minoras' attacks deal 2d8 extra damage to humanoids.

Action Point Four Corners Attack-
[roll2] v AC
On a hit [roll3] damage, and secondary attack (vs Will)
[roll4] v Will
On a hit [roll5] damage and he is dazed until the end of Minoas' next turn.

dr.cello
2011-05-01, 02:56 PM
Lisanor rises to her feet, shifts her stance to continue to harry Kasarus, and strikes once again at the Dragonborn.

Move action: rise from prone (right?)
Minor action: sustain the Break the Tempo ability. Until the end of my next turn, if Kasarus makes an attack, I will move up to 4 squares and make a melee basic attack against him as an immediate interrupt. If it hits, he takes a -7 on his attack roll.
Standard action: Viper's strike on Kasarus.
Effect: If Kasarus shifts before the start of my next turn, Minoras may make an opportunity attack against him.

Deadly
2011-05-03, 05:12 AM
Kasarus lets out a laugh at Minoras as he strikes out in immediate response, though missing by a hair's breadth. "Delusional fool! Waste your breath if you wish, your words mean nothing to me." He swiftly evades Minoras' second attack.

Meanwhile the defenders have very little luck against the mercenaries, while the mercenaries gang up on Dorain and nearly bring him down.

Skipping Dorain

24 damage to Kasarus from Lisanor.

20 acid damage to Minoras (aura). 10 fire damage to Minoras (zone).

25 damage to Kasarus from Minoras. Kasarus missed Minoras.

Lisanor: Will you be making the interrupt on this attack? It already missed so it may not be worth it. Still, if you want that basic attack against him, just let me know. He'll almost certainly be attacking again on his turn anyway, though.

Minoras missed on both attacks with FCA.

Defender in P4 dies from failed saves.

Merc 1 dies from ongoing damage.

Merc 3 disappears in a flash of light and reappears behind Minoras with positive hp. Merc 3 missed Minoras.

46, 39 and 41 damage to Dorain from mercenaries. I assume Minoras reduces the first one by 24 and gains 24 temp hp himself. So Dorain takes 102 damage total, just barely standing.

Caleor's turn.

Dorain: 2/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire)
Lisanor: 66/188 hp
Minoras: 48/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, +2d8 damage, 24 temp hp
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Dead
Mercenary 3: Bloodied
Mercenary 6: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry, Vulnerable 5 cold til end of Caleor's turn

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city13.png

shadowedsoul
2011-05-05, 03:42 PM
Caleor

Caleor takes a quick second to reassess the battlefield before unleashing another flurry of arrows into the fray.

Move Action-Move to O10
Standard Action-Twin Strike
Attack 1-[roll0]
Damage 1-[roll1] Cold
Attack 2-[roll2]
Damage 2-[roll3] Cold
The first target of these attacks is Merc 6, if he gets dropped then the target will shift to Merc 3

Spending the Action Point gained from Archer's Glory to take a second Standard Action, which will once again be Twin Strike
Attack 1-[roll4]
Damage 1-[roll5] Cold
Attack 2-[roll6]
Damage 2-[roll7] Cold
If Merc 6 is still up then targeting him, if Merc 6 is down and Merc 3 is still up then targeting Merc 3, if both are dropped then targeting Merc 7, if somehow all three of them get dropped (highly unlikely I know, but best to cover as many contingencies as possible) then Kasarus will be targeted.

Caleor has Combat Advantage on anyone with Vulnerable Cold. If any of the targets have cover or concealment from Caleor then he will use Focused Sight (it's a minor action) as soon as he's targeting that foe. Any enemies hit gain Vulnerability 5 Cold until the end of Caleor's next turn. Caleor gains concealment until the end of his next turn and a +5 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks until the end of the encounter. Apply Hunter's Quarry damage to the first target hit [roll8].

Deadly
2011-05-06, 07:11 AM
Caleor brings down two mercenaries in a surprisingly effective assault, thanks to Lisanor, while Kasarus strikes out at both Minoras and Lisanor.

146 damage to merc 6 from Caleor, killing him

89 damage to merc 3 from Caleor, killing him too.

Well, those +7 to attack from Lisanor sure helped.

5 necrotic damage to Kasarus from Minoras (aura). BTW, did I make a mistake on my sheet or shouldn't it just be to enemies within 3 not 5 squares?

17 damage to Lisanor from Kasarus. 22 damage to Minoras from Kasarus.

Caleor: 125/193 hp, +5 AC vs OA, conceiled til end of turn
Dorain: 2/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire)
Lisanor: 49/188 hp
Minoras: 48/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, +2d8 damage, 2 temp hp
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Dead
Mercenary 6: Dead

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city14.png

dr.cello
2011-05-07, 07:08 PM
Lisanor takes a moment to regain her focus, before continuing to press her assault on Kasarus.

Minor action: Inspiring Word on self, regaining 47 + [roll0] = 70 HP and granting all allies in a 15-square burst 10 THP.

Second minor action (burning move action): Sustain Break the Tempo. If Kasarus attacks before the end of my next turn, move up to four squares and make a melee basic attack as an immediate interrupt. On a hit, he takes a -7 on the attack roll.

Standard action: Viper's Strike on Kasarus.
To hit: [roll1]
Effect: If Kasarus shifts before the start of my next turn, he provokes an attack of opportunity from Minoras.

dr.cello
2011-05-07, 08:25 PM
Critical hit again, somehow!
Damage: 36 + [roll0] = 60 damage.

dr.cello
2011-05-08, 04:01 AM
Interrupt attack:

Anonomuss
2011-05-08, 04:44 AM
Minoras

Minoras laughed aloud at the Dragonborn's words. "I don't see why I shouldn't waste my breath, since I have no other use for it. Yet you are wasting your time, and I have no shortage of that either." Raising his blade in a redied stance, he strikes out swiftly once more, attacking from all sides again.

I have regained Four Corner's Attack due to my lvl 30 epic destiny ability.

Actually, on my last use of Four Corner's attack, should I have had +7 to the attack rolls? Since I used an action point?

Using Four Corner's Attack on Karsarus
[roll0] v AC
[roll1] damage and a secondary attack if it hits.
[roll2] v Will
[roll3] damage and the target is dazed until the end of Minoras' next turn.

Lemonus
2011-05-09, 04:46 PM
Dorain mutters two prayers, one to heal Minoras, and another to bring fire down upon his foes. He then glows with a silvery light, which heals him.

Minor Action: Healing Word on Minoras. He regains HP as if he had spent a healing surge, and regains an additional [roll0] HP.

Minor Action: Sustain Fire Storm Aura. [roll1] fire damage to Kasarus and Mercenary 7.

Standard Action: Cure Serious Wounds on myself. I regain HP as if I had spent two Healing Surges. (114 HP.)

Deadly
2011-05-13, 04:57 AM
As the attacks keep hailing down upon the dragonborn, he unleases a storm of acid, washing over everyone. Only Minoras manages to evade in time. Meanwhile the two recently fallen mercenaries rise and strike out at Minoras and Dorain. Minoras takes a deep cut from the mercenary's weapon, while the poor cleric is having a hard time with all these enemies around him.

With the +7 to attack, Minoras did 59 damage to Kasarus on his last turn. Kasarus, on his turn, didn't sustain the zone of fire because he was dazed. Otherwise no changes.

Lisanor's Interrupt attack missed.

Minoras spends a surge and regains 75 hp.

9 fire damage to Kasarus and merc 7 from Dorain.

Dorain regains 114 hp.

20 acid damage to Lisanor (aura)

Lisanor spends a surge and regains 70 hp. Everyone gains 10 temp hp.

60 damage to Kasarus from Lisanor.

20 acid damage to Minoras (aura)

76 damage to Kasarus from Minoras and he is dazed.

34 acid damage to Lisanor, Caleor and Dorain from Kasarus. Missed Minoras.

Defenders N4, U9, and V9 die from failed saves

Merc 1 reappears behind Minoras with positive hp.

Merc 6 reappears where he fell with positive hp.

5 necrotic damage to Merc 1 from Minoras

Critical hit from Merc 1 against Minoras, 66 damage.

49 damage to Dorain from Merc 7. Poor Dorain is swarmed.

Caleor's turn. Lisanor: I suggest you just post your interrupt attack in advance, since it's pretty much a given that Kasarus will attack someone on his turn.

Caleor: 101/193 hp, +5 AC vs OA, conceiled til end of turn
Kasarus: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry, resist 30 lightning, dazed til end of Minoras' turn
Dorain: 43/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire)
Lisanor: 75/188 hp
Minoras: 47/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, +2d8 damage
Defenders:
Mercenary 1: Bloodied
Mercenary 6: Bloodied
Mercenary 8: Wounded, Aegis, Quarry

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city15.png

Anonomuss
2011-05-14, 06:24 AM
Minoras

Seeing the cleric swarmed by the mercenaries, Minoras gathered a ball of force in his hands and cast it at the beleaguered cleric. It burst as it approached him, the force pushing the mercenaries back.

In using my aegis of Shielding Interrupt on Dorsain for Merc 7's attacks, I am also using my Circle of Devastation power as part of the action, centred on Dorsain.
Attacks
Mercenary 6-[roll0] v Fort
Mercenary 7-[roll1] v Fort
Mercenary 8-[roll2] v Fort
Damage
[roll3] force damage, and pushed 3 squares from Dorsain, making the attack miss if Merc 7 is hit. If not, the shielding goes off as usual on him.

I will make another post shortly once I've determined how this interrupt went.

Anonomuss
2011-05-14, 11:01 AM
Minoras

Once Minoras saw that the Cleric was free of assailants, even if just for the moment, he moved to address those enemies closest to him, releasing another wave of thundering force.

Crit Damage on Merc 8
[roll0] force damage.

Move Action- Shift to Q4

Minor Action- Aegis of Shielding to remark all enemies

Standard Action- Sword Burst (Resounding Thunder and Enlarged make it close burst 3, at a cost of -4 to damage rolls)
K-[roll1] v Reflex
1- [roll2] v Reflex
7- [roll3] v Relex

Damage-[roll4] force and thunder damage if it hits.

Nevermind

shadowedsoul
2011-05-15, 01:11 PM
Caleor

It being what he does, Caleor lines up another shot and lets out another volley of arrows.

Minor Action-Throw Hunter's Quarry on Merc 1
Attack 1-[roll0]
Damage 1-[roll1]
Attack 2-[roll2]
Damage 2-[roll]1d20+29]

First target is Merc 1, if it gets dropped then my second target will be Merc 7. If the first attack hits and both attacks end up being against Merc 1 then Caleor will have concealment until the end of my next turn. Any target hit (who isn't killed I guess) will gain Vulnerable 5 Cold until the end of my next turn. If both attacks are against Merc 1 and the first attack hits then my second attack roll gains a +2 bonus. Apply Hunter's Quarry Damage [roll3] to the first attack that hits.

Deadly
2011-05-18, 07:55 AM
Minoras drives the mercenaries away from Dorain, at least for a time, while Caleor brings another one down with his deadly aim. "I think it's time you learned a little humility, fool" the dragonborn proclaims as he swings his massive sword in a wide arch, knocking Lisanor and Minoras off their feet before bringing the blade down on both again in a swift second assault before they can get back up. Lisanor manages to roll away in time, while Minoras is far less fortunate.

34 damage to mercs 6 and 7, and 67 damage to merc 8 from Minoras. All three are pushed 3 squares.

Dorain didn't take those 49 damage in my last post.

49 and 35 damage to merc 1 from Caleor, killing it.

5 necrotic to Kasarus from Minoras (aura)

18 damage to Lisanor and Minoras from Kasarus, and they're knocked prone.

Kasarus spends an action point: Kasarus missed Lisanor. 47 damage to Minoras from Kasarus - Minoras falls unconscious at -18 hp.

Dorain, Lisanor and Minoras's turn. Lisanor gets to make an interrupt attack in response to Kasarus' attack. Minoras is currently "dying", if a lich can be considered dying that is.

Caleor: 101/193 hp, +5 AC vs OA, conceiled til end of turn
Kasarus: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry, resist 30 lightning, dazed til end of Minoras' turn
Dorain: 92/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire)
Lisanor: 57/188 hp, prone
Minoras: -18/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, +2d8 damage, prone
Defenders:
Mercenary 6: Near Death

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city16.png

Anonomuss
2011-05-21, 05:43 AM
Minoras

Minoras raised himself to his feet, boosted by his comrade's evasion of the Dragonborn's attack. He raised his sword in a mock salute, raising his sword to his head, the arcane energies within reinvigorating him. He then raised his sword swiftly and lashed out at the Dragonborn. "I might suprise you in how much I know Dragonwhelp, do you feel like being taught?"

Regaining Four Corners Attack due to the death of Mercenary 1

Move Action-to Stand
Minor Action-Unicorn's Touch, Minoras raises himself to 9hp.
Standard Action
Four Corners Attack- v AC
Doing [roll1] damage if it hits, and granting a secondary attack.
[roll2] v Will
Doing [rolll]3d8 damage and making Karsarus dazed until the end of Minoras' next turn.

dr.cello
2011-05-21, 07:50 PM
Lisanor

Lisanor rises to her feet, remaining poised to strike at the Dragonborn as soon as he moves to strike her or her allies, and, smiling grimly, shouts to her allies. "Continue pressing the assault! Let no obstacle stand in the path to victory!"

Move action: rise from prone.

Minor action: sustain Break the Tempo. If Kasarus makes an attack before the start of my next turn, I make the following attack as an interrupt:
Hit:[roll0]
On a hit, Kasarus's attack misses.

Standard action: Legendary Exploits. Me and all allies within close burst 20 regain an encounter or daily power of level 25 or lower that is not itself a recharge power. (I am regaining Anticipate Attack.)

Lemonus
2011-05-22, 02:28 PM
Dorain shouts a powerful war prayer, and his foes are engulfed in radiant fire. He then casts a healing prayer, healing his allies.

Spend an action point for a standard action, activating Extra Damage Action.

Battle Pyres on Mercenaries 6,7,8, and Kasarus. (Burst 5)
Attack vs. Merc 6: (Wisdom vs. Will)

Attack vs. Merc 7: (Wisdom vs. Will)
[roll1]
Awesome! A crit! this attack deals 46 damage plus extra which I''ll roll in the OOC thread.
Attack vs. Merc 8: (Wisdom vs. Will)
[roll2]
Attack vs. Kasarus: (Wisdom vs. Will)
[roll3]

Damage:
[roll4] damage, and ongoing 5 radiant damage.. (Save Ends)

Secondary attack. If the first attack hit Kasarus, then this is against him. If it missed him, then Merc 6, if it missed Merc 6, then I attack Merc 7. If it missed all others, then Merc 8.
Attack (Wisdom vs. Reflex):
[roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Spend an action point.

Use Mass Cure Light Wounds,

All Allies heal as if they had spent a healing surge, plus 9.

Use Divine Regeneration. I gain Regen 23 until the end of the encounter.

Sustain Fire Storm. Kasarus takes [roll]1d10+5 Fire Damage.

Deadly
2011-05-23, 07:21 AM
The dragonborn calls out to the remaining mercenaries, who ignore the defenders trying to gang up on them and charges off to aid the dragonborn. "Not so tough on your own, little one, but you're not the only one with friends"

Dorain missed Merc 6 and Kasarus. 25 damage to Merc 8, and 45 damage to Merc 7. Ongoing 5 radiant to both. Missed Merc 7 on secondary attack.

Caleor heals 57 hp, Dorain heals 66 hp, Lisanor heals 56 hp and Minoras heals 60 hp.

Dorain gains regen 23.

12 fire damage to Kasarus from Dorain's zone.

Minoras regains 24 hp.

Minoras missed Kasarus.

Defender O5 dies from failed saves.

5 radiant to Mercs 7 and 8 (ongoing). 9 damage to Mercs 7 and 8.

Merc 7 missed Minoras. Critical hit from Merc 8, 66 damage to Minoras from Merc 8, bringing him down to exactly 0 hp. Pretty neat.

Merc 7 saves against ongoing and the glow.

Merc 8 saves against ongoing

Caleor's turn.

Caleor: 158/193 hp, +5 AC vs OA, conceiled til end of turn
Kasarus: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry, resist 30 lightning
Dorain: 158/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire), regen 23
Lisanor: 113/188 hp
Minoras: 0/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, +2d8 damage
Defenders:
Mercenary 6: Near Death
Mercenary 7: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city17.png

Lemonus
2011-05-23, 07:46 AM
Dorain moves next to Merc 8, and strikes a mighty blow. As he does so, he unleashes a mighty battle cry which heals his allies.

Move to Q4, provoking one AoO from Merc 8.
Attack using Battle Cry.
Attack Versus Merc 8 (Wisdom vs. Fortitude)
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Each bloodied ally within 10 squares of me can spend a healing surge.

Lemonus
2011-05-23, 07:49 AM
Domain the mutters a quick prayer, which causes the Fire Storm to come down.

Mercs 6,7,8 and Kasarus take [roll0] fire damage.

Sorry about not putting this in my first post.

shadowedsoul
2011-05-23, 11:04 PM
Caleor

This is getting ridiculous. The elf mutters under his breath before taking aim and letting off another volley of arrows.

Alright, I guess I'll regain Lightning Shot with my power refund thing that we apparently got.

Minor Action-Throw a Hunter's Quarry on Merc 6
Attack 1-[roll0]
Attack 2-[roll2]

First target will be Merc 6, if he gets dropped then secondary target will be Merc 7. If the first attack hits but doesn't kill then Caleor gains both concealment until the end of his next turn and a +2 bonus on the second attack roll. Any target that is hit gains Vulnerable 5 Cold until the end of Caleor's next turn. Apply Hunter's Quarry Damage [roll4] to the first attack that hits and isn't targeted at Merc 6 (unless the only one that hits in one against Merc 6). Any attack that hits Merc 6 gets +3 damage.

If anyone manages to damage Kasarus then Caleor will use Lightning Shot
Attack-[roll5]
Damage [roll6] Cold Damage

I think that's it.

Deadly
2011-05-24, 06:13 AM
Caleor's arrows strike with deadly precision, killing yet another mercenary, yet the dragonborn refuses to go down and swings his blade at Minoras and Lisanor again.

63 damage to merc 6 from Caleor, killing him.

57 damage to merc 7 from Caleor.

5 necrotic damage to Kasarus from Minoras (aura).

89 damage to Kasarus from Caleor (Lightning Shot).

25 damage to Minoras and Lisanor from Kasarus.

Lisanor's interrupt attack missed.

Kasarus shifts to O3.

Kasarus: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry, resist 30 lightning, Vulnerable 5 cold til end of Caleor's turn
Dorain: 158/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire), regen 23
Lisanor: 88/188 hp
Minoras: -25/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, +2d8 damage
Defenders:
Mercenary 7: Near Death, Aegis, Quarry, Vulnerable 5 cold til end of Caleor's turn

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city18.png

Anonomuss
2011-05-24, 11:52 AM
Minoras

Minoras winced briefly as the mercenaries blade pierced his defence. "Oh my. That might have hurt someone else. It such a shame you have no idea who you're dealing with, or your threats might actually mean something to me." He drew strength from Dorsain's example once more, and cast a wave of colourful energy about himself.

Regaining Prismatic Spray via Legendary Exploit.
Using it as a standard.

Attacks
K-[roll0] v All Non AC Defences
6-[roll1] v All Non AC Defences
7-[roll2] v All Non AC Defences
8-[roll3] v All Non AC Defences

On a hit against Fortitude- [roll4] poison damage and slowed (Save ends)
On a hit against Reflex-[roll5] fire damage and ongoing 15 fire damage (Save ends)
On a hit against Will-The target is stunned (Save Ends)

Death Saving Throw-[roll6]

dr.cello
2011-05-30, 04:45 PM
Lisanor

Lisanor continues to press a harrying assault against the Dragonborn.

Standard action: basic attack.
To hit: [roll0]

Minor action: Sustain Break the Tempo. If Kasarus attacks before the end of my next turn, make the following interrupt attack:
To hit: [roll2]
On a hit, Kasarus takes -7 on the attack roll.

Deadly
2011-06-01, 06:38 AM
The battle rages on. Minoras delivers a devastating attack, bringing both remaining mercenaries down, though only for a time. One reappears behind Lisanor and strikes hard.

Uhm... I forgot to remove Merc 6 from the map. Sorry. He's dead and gone.

Dorain moves, Merc 8 missed on OA.

Dorain missed.

Lisanor and Minoras spend a surge each. Lisanor regains 47 hp, Minoras regains 51 hp.

13 damage to K, Merc 7 and Merc 8. Merc 7 dies.

57 damage to Dorain from Merc 8, 51 damage to Minoras from Merc 8.

Dorain regains 23 hp.

20 damage to Lisanor (aura)

34 damage to Kasarus from Lisanor.

20 damage to Minoras (aura)

118 damage to Merc 8 from Minoras and he's stunned and takes 15 ongoing (save)

66 damage to Kasarus from Minoras and he's stunned and takes 15 ongoing (save)

Defender R6 dies from failed saves.

Merc 7 reappears in M3 with positive hp. Critical hit against Lisanor, 66 damage from Merc 7.

15 damage to Merc 8, who dies.

Caleor's turn.

Kasarus: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry, resist 30 lightning, Vulnerable 5 cold til end of Caleor's turn, Stunned (save), Ongoing 15 (save)
Dorain: 124/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire), regen 23
Minoras: -45/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, +2d8 damage
Defenders:
Mercenary 7: Bloodied
Mercenary 8: Dead

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city19.png

shadowedsoul
2011-06-01, 04:54 PM
Caleor

The enemies finally getting whittled down, Caleor lets off two more arrows into the enemies.

Minor Action-Toss a Quarry up on Merc 7
Attack 1-[roll0]
Damage 1-[roll1] Cold Damage (does not include vulnerability)
Attack 2-[roll2]
Damage 2-[roll3] Cold Damage (does not include vulnerability)

Targeting Kasarus first, on the chance that the first shot takes him out (I don't find it likely) then the second shot will have -2 to the second attack roll against Merc 7. Caleor has concealment until the end of his next turn. Anyone hit but not killed will gain Vulnerable 5 Cold until the end of Caleor's next turn. Apply Hunter's Quarry damage [roll4] to the first attack that hits.

Deadly
2011-06-02, 07:59 AM
Caleor turns his arrows at the stunned dragonborn.

A large shadow falls over the plaza as a huge blue dragon swoops down from the sky behind the lone mercenary "Leave my people be!" it roars and strikes at the mercenary, throwing him back several feet.

Caleor's first attack missed. 60 damage to Kasarus from Caleor.

15 damage (ongoing) to Kasarus.

Kasarus is stunned... so he does nothing.

Kasarus saves against stunned. Fails save against ongoing.

Skalnaedyr drops down in I3-L6

44 damage to Merc 7 from Skalnaedyr, and he's pushed to O4 and knocked prone

Kasarus: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry, resist 30 lightning, Vulnerable 5 cold til end of Caleor's turn, Ongoing 15 (save)
Skalnaedyr:
Dorain: 124/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire), regen 23
Minoras: -45/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, +2d8 damage
Defenders:
Mercenary 7: Near Death, Quarry, Prone
Mercenary 8: Dead

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city20.png

Anonomuss
2011-06-02, 08:34 AM
Minoras

Minoras take stock of the battle as the dragon swept downwards. He was relieved when it attacked their foes instead of them. For all his bluster, the Dragonborn he was fighting was about as much as he could handle at the moment, and he knew that were it not for his fellow combatants he would have let his wounds overtake him and returned to his sanctum. Still, I suppose while we're here, we can at least finish the job he thought, sweeping his sword around once more, attacking both Karsarus and the remaining mercenary.

Sword Burst, resounding thunder.
Attacks
K-[roll0] v Reflex
7-[roll1] v Reflex

Damage on a hit-[roll2] thunder damage.

dr.cello
2011-06-06, 02:49 PM
Lisanor

Smiling at the dragon's sudden arrival, Lisanor aims a strike at Mercenary 7 this time, hoping to bring him down so that the rest can focus on the Dragonborn.

Standard action: Hail of Steel on Mercenary 7.
Hit: [roll0] (+2 flanking, +2 prone)
Damage: [roll1] On a hit, every ally within 5 squares makes a basic attack on the target.

Minor: Sustain. If Kasarus attacks before the end of my next turn, make the following attack:
Hit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] On a hit, -7 to his attack roll.

Lemonus
2011-06-06, 03:14 PM
Dorain, heartened by the dragon's arrival, heals Minoras, bringing death's shadow away from him. He then brings the firestorm down against Merc7 and Kasarus.

Cure Serious Wounds on Minoras. Minoras heals as if he had spent two healing surges, plus 5 HP. He is brought up to 0 HP before the healing takes effect.
Fire Storm aura on Kasarus and Merc7. [roll0] fire damage to each of them.

Deadly
2011-06-07, 11:02 AM
Heartened by the arrival of the dragon, everyone pushes on, including the defenders although only two still stand.

20 damage (aura) to Dorain

Dorain regains 23 hp

Minoras heals, and is at 107 hp.

8 damage to Kasarus and Merc 7.

20 damage (aura) to Lisanor

Lisanor kills Merc 7.

20 damage (aura) to Minoras

30 damage to Kasarus from Minoras.

Defenders P3 and N4 die from failed saves.

Merc 7 and 8 reappear with positive hp in O4 and M3 respectively.

Merc 7 and 8 missed Lisanor.

Caleor's turn.

Kasarus: Bloodied, Aegis, Quarry, resist 30 lightning, Vulnerable 5 cold til end of Caleor's turn, Ongoing 15 (save)
Skalnaedyr:
Dorain: 107/195 hp, zone (1d10+5 fire), regen 23
Lisanor: 29/188 hp
Minoras: 87/207 hp, +2 AC and Reflex, +1 basic and at-will attack, +2d8 damage
Defenders:
Mercenary 7: Bloodied
Mercenary 8: Bloodied

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/as/grids/city21.png

shadowedsoul
2011-06-08, 08:56 AM
Caleor

Alright, these guys need to stop with the getting up. Caleor mumbles as he takes aim and lets off another couple of arrows.

Minor Action-Toss a Hunter's Quarry on Mercs 7 and 8
Minor Action-Use Focused Sight on Kasarus.
Attack 1-[roll0]
Damage 1 [roll1] Cold Damage (Not including Vulnerability)
Attack 2-[roll2]

Aiming at Kasarus, on the unlikely chance that the first attack drops him the second attack will be against Merc 7 and only get +37 to the attack roll. Caleor gains concealment until the end of his next turn. Anyone hit by one of these attacks gains Vulnerable 5 Cold until the end of Caleor's next turn. Caleor ignores penalties for cover, superior cover, concealment and total concealment against Kasarus until the end of his next turn. Apply Hunter's Quarry damage [roll4] to the first attack that hits.

Deadly
2011-06-09, 06:59 AM
Caleor fires another duet of arrows at the dragonborn.

The dragonborn beats his wings and leaps away from Lisanor "No longer fighting your own fights, wyrm? Shameful. Consider yourself lucky this time, we'll be ready for your friends next time." With those words the dragonborn disappears in a burst of energy, leaving the two mercenaries behind.

Caleor's first attack missed. 47 damage to Kasarus from Caleor.

15 damage (ongoing) to Kasarus

Kasarus shifts to P3, 1 square above ground, and teleports.

You finish off the remaining mercenaries... no need to play that out.

Status at the end of the battle:

Caleor: 158/193 hp
Dorain: 107/195 hp
Lisanor: 29/188 hp
Minoras: 87/207 hp

Lemonus
2011-06-12, 11:50 AM
"And that is the fate of evil."

dr.cello
2011-06-12, 08:20 PM
Lisanor

"Something tells me that won't be the last we've heard of him," says Lisanor, sheathing her blade and tending to the wounds of any defenders who are still standing. "But unless I miss my mark, I believe that our draconic friend can tell us what's going on here."

Deadly
2011-06-13, 06:57 AM
The dragon stares off into the distance as if trying to see where the dragonborn disappeared off to. With an annoyed snarl, the giant beast finally lowers its head to gaze at you "Thank you. I do not know who you are, but I am grateful for your assistance." He pauses "I am Skalnaedyr, ruler of this city and defender of its people. But not for long, if this situation persists. As you must be aware, we're at war here, and we're greatly outnumbered. We have precious few supporters left, and we're losing ground every day. That our enemy is bold enough to strike at our very heart, does not bode well. I fear we will not have the strength to oppose them much longer."

Lemonus
2011-06-13, 07:15 AM
"Who is your enemy?"

Deadly
2011-06-13, 07:36 AM
The dragon gazes up into the sky for a moment "We are not entirely certain. Tell me, have you ever heard of Maru-Qet? Nefermandias?"

Lemonus
2011-06-13, 07:41 AM
"No, I have not."

Deadly
2011-06-13, 07:43 AM
I should probably have suggested that certain knowledge skills might be handy here.

dr.cello
2011-06-15, 07:59 PM
Lisanor

"I've heard of Maru-Qet," says Lisanor carefully. "I confess I never gave it much thought. That was a long time ago, a long way from my home. You think Nefermandias has something to do with this?"

shadowedsoul
2011-06-15, 09:33 PM
Caleor

I must confess that it's not something I've heard of. the elf says as he climbs out of the fountain and starts shaking the water out of his boots.

Anonomuss
2011-06-16, 04:56 AM
Minoras

Minoras sighed. "If it is the legacy of Maru-qet that has brought us these hostiles. Then it is a problem for all of us."

Deadly
2011-06-16, 05:46 AM
"Maru-Qet is an ancient draconic nation of legend, and Nefermandias it's last ruler" the dragon briefly explains to those who didn't know. "There are those who claim that the ruins of Maru-Qet appeared in the eastern parts of the Raurin desert during the Spellplague when Abeir and Toril merged. They say that Nefermandias has now risen from ages of slumber and that it is he who leads this conquest. I can not say if this is true, but this is primarily why most of the other dragon princes of these lands have sided with the invaders. They all dream of returning the ancient glory of draconic rule." Skalnaedyr pauses and gestures over the mess left behind by the battle "The dragonborn you just met was Kasarus, champion and consort of Tiamat. I can not say what part She has in all this, but I doubt her champion would be running about without her having at least some interest in it all. I noted that it was a rather odd choice of companions he kept, however."

dr.cello
2011-06-16, 10:42 PM
Lisanor

"If what they say is true, then I was right to come here." Lisanor draws herself up to her full height. "I am Lisanor Sylvari of Myth Drannor. If there is any task that needs to be done, I gladly offer my services to that end. If we strike swiftly and effectively you may yet come out on top of this war."

Deadly
2011-06-18, 04:39 AM
"My thought exactly, we can not allow them time to launch another attack. It seems they did not expect you lot to be here, but it would be foolish to think they'll be unprepared next time. It worries me that they knew exactly where to strike, and were able to do it so effortlessly. I fear it confirms certain suspicions of late."

Anonomuss
2011-06-19, 10:12 AM
Minoras

"It seems we are on the back foot then. Should we take the fight to them? At least moving it away from this city might be the easiest way of protecting the citizens of the city." Minoras said, sheathing his blade. "That is of course if we can find out where they are striking from. Still, if the worst they can produce is that Dragon-kin, I shouldn't be overly worried."