PDA

View Full Version : The Gods are pissed! (IC)

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-25, 07:00 AM
Five weeks. It was five weeks to the day since the Purge ended. And the wounds were still open. Sure, there were no longer roaming death squads of every church imaginable (except some of the little ones, they were relatively new in multiversal terms, they didn't feel the wrath the Great Deities did), but everywhere you looked you saw homes broken, prisons full, and graves & monuments litter the landscape.

But you survived. You were one of the ones they were actually after, someone who actively does use powers the Gods do not see. And yet whether by fortune or destiny, here you are. Standing/sitting in the sandstone caverns beneath the city of Carthane on the eastern shore. They are dimly lit by sunlight that peers through cracks in the cliff face below the city & snakes its way into the damp tunnels, that's probably why the former inhabitants (a Duergar clan) moved on. In the quiet you can hear the magically enhanced waves crashing against the reinforced rock face (bound water and earth elementals respectively; Carthane was known for it's supernatural ingenuity when it came to solutions).

Around you are several others. You didn't know them a week ago and you barely know them now, maybe a name or a personality snippet here or there. They, like you, came here to hide out, just because the Purge was over, didn't mean those who lost people to Malotay's clan weren't still out for blood.

The cavern you're currently in is large as a two story house, ledges and nooks abound. It's quite easy to get lost in the tunnels, the minimal light only goes in so far.

Two days ago a research party came down from Carthane to examine the caverns. They were heavily armed, apparently the Grey Dwarves hadn't appreciated visitors. they didn't see you, but who knows if they saw someone else hiding down here. This place will likely not be the safe haven it is now forever, and chances are you'll be hunted down if you go into the world alone....

mootoall
2011-03-25, 08:23 AM
Moralan Sitting in a swath of darkness is a ragged looking female human, whose appearance seems even more monstrous from the various animalistic soulmelds bound to her. She rides a hulking, scaled creature, who also exudes an aura of darkness. "Not dark enough. We need to go deeper. We must flee the revealing sun. Pelor's burning hate ..." She's clearly still perturbed by her imprisonment by the Theurgic Society, but doesn't have quite the paranoid edge she usually does.

RaginChangeling
2011-03-25, 09:33 AM
Edric

A small halfling sits perched on the back of a black bear, soothing it in a low voice. He is heavily scarred and appears to be bleeding, a dark aura draped around him like a shroud. Slightly above them, an enormous eagle sits on a rock outcroppng. The eagle occassionally mutters in common and preens, appearing slightly peeved.
"What should we do? Hide forever? No, I say we fight back. Usus, Ursula and I have had success aginst these hunters. We should ambush and hunt them down."His accent is thick and gutteral.

"We weren't that successful" Ursula mutters.

Draken
2011-03-25, 09:56 AM
Az'Aniqiraj

A human male with dark grayish hair and dressed in a traveler's robes stands staring towards the cave's entrance, soft whispers surrounding him and a scythe resting on his shoulder.

"Points from both of you. I myself am as unwilling to hide and cower as I'm willing to do so in this particular spot."

mootoall
2011-03-25, 12:02 PM
Moralan "You'd have us leave and be killed again! No, deeper. Away from the burning light, and away from the viscious divine." She shudders, and directs the scaly dinosaur she rides to move further down. "Besides. Down in the deeps there are people. We saw them. I don't want them to come up before we go down."

Zarthrax
2011-03-25, 12:10 PM
Percy listens to his 'fellows' ranting over what to do now, debating if he should step forward and offer his opinion or just not move. Finally, the thin man in hulking full plate runs a gauntleted hand through his blond hair, simply tied back with a bit of string, then falls into step with the paranoid young lady with the rather large mount.

He remarks as he passes some of those who council fighting back. "Better to fight back from a position of strength than cowering in a cave. We are men, not rats. I say we go down into the depths and find a place to hold as our own. Once we have the beginnings of a safe place for all of us, then we start talking bloody retribution."

THEChanger
2011-03-25, 02:15 PM
John Softtongue

"Erhm...yes. Men. That's what we are." John rolled his eyes, trying to focus on tuning his fiddle. It had only been a few days since he had wandered into the cave, to get away from a few priests in Carthane who had become a little suspicious of the money John was drawing in with his music. During that time, Percy had proven to be a little annoying. Though that might be because both he and John were men used to being in control of the situation, and neither were in any sort of control at this moment. "As attractive as the idea of burning the servents of the mad gods in the same manner they burned our brothers and sisters alive, that will only confirm their opinions of us. It will change nothing. We will still be forced to run, still be forced to hide, if we wish to live." Finished tuning his fiddle, John drew forth an experimental note, and hopped down from the rock he had been sitting on. "We must endeavor instead to change the ideas of the common folk. The Purge is still fresh in their minds. They are wary of the temples, and their power. If we can convince them that our side is the true one..." John gave a shrug, leaving his cave-mates to imagine the results.
Making his way to the back of the cave, John looked up at Moralan. She was interesting, hiding in the dark, mumbling constantly. John felt sorry for the poor girl. Something terrible had happened to her. "My dear, you are of course, right. We must beware the burning hatred of Pelor, and the blinding light of Heironeous. But the dark holds dangers too, and we can not hope to gain safety there. Both extremes want our blood. It is in between we must walk. Twilight is where we shall be safe." John couldn't let her wander into the darkness. John had heard legends of the previous inhabitants of the cavern. He wasn't quite sure what they were, but he knew they were dangerous. They hadn't seen anyone until yesterday, when the people from Carthane had come. But if Moralan was trapped between them and the end of the cave, so were those who had lived here before.

Kallisti
2011-03-25, 02:29 PM
Kosmaras

Kosmaras has been sitting on a rock, legs stretched out, revealing their unnatural, stick-thin length. He had been staring raptly at the cavern wall like a pupil learning at the feet of a beloved teacher, but at the mention of action he looks up. "Can look. See if it's safe."

He murmers a word, and a piece of his shadow peels off to become an ink-dark bird, which flies to the mouth of the cave, then lands, standing like a sentry.

Using Malphas' Bird's-eye Viewing. I see and hear everything the raven does. I'll start at the cave mouth, then have it fly up and circle at altitude for a little while, see what it can spy. It looks just like an ordinary crow.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-25, 02:49 PM
Kosmaras: The raven's wing beats echo for a moment until it escapes the cave. With your eyes closed you get the bizarre, concave view that comes with the raven's eyesight, everything rushing past at flight speed.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary, the city centre is the busy centre of commerce as always. The suburbs go out from the city on three sides, the fourth reaches the 150ft cliff face, a path carved into it allows passage down to the harbour.

The main road westwards seems pretty deserted, one horse with a small cart is heading away from the city, probably a delivery from one of the farms a few miles away.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary, from this altitude you can make out individual people, but there doesn't seem to be any commotion at the moment in the city.

After five minutes and a lap and a half high above the city you briefly hear a whistling sound before you vision spins rapidly out of your control (a somewhat disorienting experience) and everything goes black. Your raven is "dead".

Kallisti
2011-03-25, 03:17 PM
Kosmaras

"Something killed my bird. Heard whistling. An arrow? Looking again."

Yep, you guessed it, summoning another bird (a dove this time), 'cause they're expendable and I can do that all day. This one I'll send out through one of the cracks, not the cave mouth. Less conspicuous, and it'll disguise the fact that they all come from the same spot. Sending it to investigate the murder of the previous bird.

Also, I'm using my Unseen ability, which lets me Hide in Plain Sight and specify people who can see me. The whole party sees me normally, against anyone else I'm hiding. Can I take 20 on a Hide check by taking time to find a good place, carefully adjust my posture, get a feel for the area etc?

A'den
2011-03-25, 03:29 PM
Gordon

Gordon stood slowly from the small depression in the rock floor he had used to huddle in during the worst of the night. He had woken before the others and spent two hours studying his spells and siphoning the power that would help him crush those that had savaged his home, his family. Conversation, sentient interaction drew him forth from his thoughts before the melancholy or fury could settle. The Purge had driven him so far, Carthane somewhere on the Eastern seaboard a long ways away.

Survival, he needed to focus. His first revenge would be survival. His hands balled into fists for a moment he could feel the tingle and chill of Arcane and Divine power in his limbs and pulse in his brain the tools of the day were ready. He took a few minutes and cast his daily abjurations over himself. With a novice trick he cleaned the grime from his clothes and his body he was not a huddling creature he was a man. Ensuring all his magickal items were in place he called a light into being on the top tip of his walking staff revealing his location to the other survivors, his compatriots now it seemed.

Gordon approached as the bard John if he remembered the man's name correctly spoke to those gathered, he seemed to be one of the two who had a level head on his shoulders and a little more in that noggin of brain scheming. Good. Percy seemed to be level compared to the others but a lot more passion than schemes in that one. Both were good to have.

"John is correct," Gordon spoke, his voice had a deep throaty tone, he was no bard but Gordon had politicians suave.

"Striking back in rage no matter our individual power will eventually draw a tidal wave large enough to snuff us out before our candles can even flicker alight. But hiding, running, forgetting these actions are not possible. Our Enemy is implacable, unrelenting, and full of zealous self righteousness and thrives on the worship of an unimaginable number of living beings. To fight we must have a foundation and power base to counter those teeming masses. But first to fight we must survive and I think Moralan is right this place will not be safe for long. We must find a place to make our own, impregnable and secret. Then truly we can consider our foe and the debt we owe them in blood."

Gordon spoke slowly, precisely, moving to each of the conversationalists in turn before coming to a stop next to John.

"Let us take an account of all the survivors that remain and continue forth, we survived, together we can do more."

Listen:
Spot: [roll]1d20++1
Knowledge Engineering/Architecture: [roll1] If some of the cities basement is superstructure a likely path that will lead us to a cave complex that joins the sewers of the city.
Knowledge Arcana: [roll2]: Anything more specific about the Elementals like if their made to target intruders and etc or maybe booby trapped.

Spells Cast:
Greater Mage Armor
Shield of Faith
Mnemonic Enhancer (Prepared)
Mage Armor

EDIT: Sneaky Chaps posting while I was writing.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-25, 03:32 PM
Kosmaras:
The second bird barely makes it up over building height before you glimpse an arrow streaking towards your bird like it were a magnet, before everything spins and goes dark again.

------------------
Taking 20 implies no penalty for failure. You can have a +10 circumstance bonus though if you are able to prepare.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-25, 03:38 PM
Gordon:
You hear nothing of interest.

Spot: [roll0]
Shadows move, water drips. Could be normal for the caves, could be an Elder Evil living in the caves trawling for food. Who knows.

You don't know enough about the city structure.

The water elementals are used to control the brutal currents around the cliffs, so ships can make it in & out of the harbour at the base easily/to defend them from pirates. The earth elementals are used to reinforce the cliffs against the magically empowered waters.
- To your specific enquiry, that'd be a Know (Local).

Kallisti
2011-03-25, 03:39 PM
Kosmaras
"There's definitely someone. Shot down my bird. Looking myself." He pauses for a long moment, staring at the wall. "If possible, Master."

Then he vanishes.

I'll take it, then. Hide check with circumstance bonus, taking 10 for a total of 40. Move Silently taking 10 for 31 total. Also, using Malphas' Invisibility power. Not sure if that ups the Hide check any further, but either way, spotting me would take Spot 40+ and See Invisibility, so I should be well-hidden. Also, activating Dreadful Reach and infusing one Unholy Reach with Tenebrous Touch, provoking two will saves. I nat-1 either of these, and the fun begins:smallyuk:. [roll0], [roll1].

A'den
2011-03-25, 04:08 PM
Gordon looks over his shoulder at the darkly garish boy who uses his crow spies. The report of their death isn't comforting.

"Sounds like somebody is being vigilant above and we probably just let them know there are more heretics alive to be burned down here, we should get moving."

Knowledge Local [roll0]

Draken
2011-03-25, 04:50 PM
Az'Aniqiraj chuckles.

"It could also be a simple hunter or a child with a slingshot. The odds are almost as wild as good Mora and Edric, but we mustn't simply fall prey to para..."

He then looks back, noticing that Kosmaras left.

"And of course, in the odd chance that it is someone who knows about the birds of Malphas, it could just as well be someone who knows about his invisibility."

Az mutters something in undercommon, before proceding to the back of the cave.

"So, other people deeper in this cesspit. I do believe I will be leading the march."

Squishies.

mootoall
2011-03-25, 06:13 PM
Moralan When people start agreeing with her, Moralan retreats further into her dark sphere, seeming to hunch over very near the dinosaur. "I'm not leading the way. I'll take the back. No one goes behind me!" She waits for everyone to go down further through the caves before she follows behind.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-25, 06:29 PM
Kosmaras:
You move silently and unseen through the caverns. About 50ft from the main cave entrance near the city (a finely crafted stone arch blocked by a wrought iron door 5 inches thick, that can only be opened with a Knock spell). You see two guards armed with pikes, wearing half plate and full Carthane soldiers garb. Behind them you see more shadows moving as sunlight streams in through the open pathway.

You hear an authoritative voice order the forming of ranks.

No one seems to see you.

Gordon:
You have heard a story of Carthane using elementals as military support, though you don't know which ones in particular.

Everyone hears a voice echoing down the tunnels, but it's faint and the words unrecognisable this far away. It's not Kosmaras' voice as far as you know.

Kallisti
2011-03-25, 07:24 PM
Kosmaras

Slipping back out of the shadows, Kosmaras reappears and whispers to the group "Soldiers at the gate. Saw two, but there were more shadows. Someone ordered them to form ranks, so probably many. Two I saw looked rank-and-file, though. Do we fight them, risk going deeper, or try to hide, sneak around them?"

After I get back to the group, I'll drop Invisibility and specify them as able to see/hear me. Hide and Move Silently still applies, though, thanks to Unnoticed.

RaginChangeling
2011-03-25, 07:48 PM
Edric

"I say we fight! If they are here, they are looking for us. Hiding will not make them go away." The halfling looks happy, a grin splitting his hideously scarred face. He pats Usus on the head, the bear looking a bit antsy about still being in the cave.

Zarthrax
2011-03-25, 07:51 PM
Percy listens with a small smile as multiple of the the others chime in, only to support his suggestion without saying so, then upon hearing the report from the very skinny and pale man, starts taking action.

"Hmph, good thing I normally expect trouble."

Snapping his fingers a couple of times as he reaches for the names of the others, he finally remembers the wizard's name.

"Gordon, do you have any evocations prepared? I have a few small tricks I can draw upon, but if this is the kind of fight I usually get, we're gonna need a bit more than that."

As the halfling pipes up with his wish for battle, Percy frowns.

"Let them declare for certain their intent first. They may think us to be more duergar, instead of something much worse. At least in their eyes. Just hold until i give the signal."

Percy's hands betray his eagerness for the coming battle.

No more. Not again, not ever.

Kallisti
2011-03-25, 08:39 PM
"All right. I'll watch them; send a bird if it looks like we'll need to fight."

Invisible again, and back to check on them. Assuming nothing major has changed, once I get there I'll ready an action to conjure and send a bird if it looks like the party'll need to get ready for a fight.

El_Pablo
2011-03-25, 09:00 PM
Venkul

Venkul lifted his head from between his knees where his head sought solace from the unending drum of crashing waves. They were like the hunt, unending and annoying. The thought that a comfortable bed, wine, and a wench were just to be had above, but so dangerously out of reach soured his mood even more. The very thought of spending his last days huddled in squalor among these survivors forced him back to his feet. The words of his new associates were a mixture of frightening and convincing, but seemed so much like the bickering of the court.
He stood up, the cloak he had wrapped around himself drew back revealing his runed armor and magical accoutrement underneath his unkempt dark hair and beard from the last few days of hiding. He would stab that wizard in the back if he could steal a spell that gave a shave and a haircut. Knowing his luck it would be like hitting a beehive with a stick.
Then, the crazed darkling "thing" came to tell them that there were soldiers still nearby. Ven sighed and shifted his soul energy into his totem, reforming the white lupine mask over his face. He knew there was really no need for talking at this point. Fight or Die, nothing has changed.

Prepared Effects:Mindblade shaped into two short swords. Both have a focused mind strike enhanced psychic strike prepared.
Soulmelds:Wormtail belt. Rage claws. Winter mask (bound to totem chakra).
Three points invested in the winter mask at this time.

Draken
2011-03-25, 09:04 PM
Az'Aniqiraj

Az growls at the sound, his aura of whispers shifting ever so slightly to a more excited tune.

"Oblivion drag it all... Soldiers, masses, rank and file. I am going to sorely miss Buer's healing later if we end fighting."

For the record: The whispers surrounding Az are provenient from the Distracting Harmonies stance, this stance imposes a -4 penalty to all skill checks and ability checks made by opponents within range.

THEChanger
2011-03-25, 09:24 PM
John grimaced. Not good. It wasn't time to fight, not now. They couldn't reveal their prescence. They needed a plan of escape. "We can't make a stand here. A tactical retreat is necessary. They most likely outnumber us. Hmmmm..." John looked at his allies, trying to remember their various capacities. Hopefully, fighting wouldn't be necessary. "Alright, Percy, and two others, people who have ranged abilities, stay here with me, but try and keep out of sight. I might be able to convince them to leave. But the rest of you should retreat deeper into the cave for now. Look for a way out. If you find one, take it. If not, get somewhere you can defend yourselves." It was a gamble, but John would not allow anyone else to be taken by the forces of the Purge. If he could save some, he had done his job. Of course, if he was captured, he could always talk his way out of that. Or blast his way out.

Zarthrax
2011-03-25, 11:53 PM
Percival nods at the fiddler's wise counsel.

"Tactically sound. I approve. We shall also need someone to tell us when they get within range. After all, it does us no good to bombard them if we still can't see them."

A'den
2011-03-26, 02:38 AM
Gordon

"I could block the passage and we may simply teleport, I am a Wizard and the city above is not far from my reach but we may be vulnerable in the open, we did come here to hide."

dspeyer
2011-03-26, 03:03 AM
Zicraphale

If they have come for us, we should slay them, but it is foolish to charge in when they are ready. First we should draw them out of their formation, wear down their alertness and morale, perhaps even lessen their numbers with traps or careful sniping.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-26, 04:46 AM
Kosmaras:
You now see 20 soldiers as well as 3 in full plate bearing shields & swords & a pair of robed figures; one with a stave of dark wood & a glowing tip, the other empty handed.

They are moving cautiously forward, a soldier breaking ranks to check the two or three side passages off the main track before rejoining the group (so they're probably ony going 50ft or so in to each).

-----------------
Bolded names please people.

El_Pablo
2011-03-26, 05:37 AM
Venkul

The assorted group spouted more plans of various natures. Teleporting us to an area likely less safe than the impending danger here, running into where we don't know, fighting what we don't know what. At the very least the closing soldiers might be too distracted by the bickering to notice one little human. Again, the lordling expected no such luck.
Ven eyes the surrounding cave looking for an elevated ledge that might work for some cover and a hiding spot. Hopefully, one not too far to disallow for a well-timed ambush.

Spot if necessary:[roll0]
Venkul will walk to the ledge provided its elevation is no greater than 80'. Afterwards, the hide check:[roll1]

mootoall
2011-03-26, 08:23 AM
Moralan Soldiers? No, no, fools! Priests in bright armor with sharp swords. Hunters of the Light. Hide from them. "We must hide!" She whispers, almost hisses the last words out loud, wary of how loud everyone has been. Her eyes blaze even as she is fully enveloped in darkness. She clearly looks like she's ready to bolt, like a frightened rabbit. Readying an action for both her and her AC to teleport 100' down the tunnel if something startles her.

Draken
2011-03-26, 09:26 AM
Az'Aniqiraj

"Soldiers paranoid, or aware, enough to be shooting birds down. Allow me to question how useful your soft tongue will be in this scenario John, frontliners are not famous for their wit and argumentative skills."

They are famous for attacking first and asking stupid questions later... Sometimes, other times there are no questions at all. Rarer still are the questions that are not stupid.

"So down the deep end we go, I say. And not a moment too soon."

A'den
2011-03-26, 10:55 AM
Gordon

"Az'Aniqiraj, Edric, Venkul, and Percy form a line across the cavern here try to find something for cover space yourselves ten or more feet apart. Whomever comes through I will separate off from the rest of the group with a spell while you keep them occupied. Kosmaras, John pick off any targets of opportunity and help the line bring anyone down that's tough. I'll stay in the back and make sure no one gets hit too hard and lay my arts about in conjunction with your efforts. Quick the come hence, we have tarried too long to find good hiding Moralan we must dispatch this group of fiends quick so we may find safe haven freely. You can only meditate in the darkness once you have snuffed the candles around you out."

Gordon moves to the back of the cavern, and snuffs out his light.

"Be brave and merciless, they will show us none."

In the darkness Gordon conjures a few spells. At the far corner of the cave against the far wall of cave the sound of sniffling and crying can be heard slowly escalating in noise and pitch. A small sound of flesh splitting can be heard for a moment underneath it all a spectral hand comes into being and moves near Moralan.

Cast: Ghost Sound The sound of a child crying can be heard by the others it slowly gets louder and louder.
Spectral Hand: Moved behind Moralan.

mootoall
2011-03-26, 11:33 AM
Moralan Slightly comforted by Gordon, Moralan breathes deeply, dismounts, then teleports to be precisely thirty feet from the entrance. Looking into the darkness she produces, one might see a tail whip around her, poising itself above her head. The dinosaur teleports alongside her, producing its own field of darkness. "You're right. They would follow us anywhere. We kill them here then!" Her eyes are trained on the entrance, excluding everything else.

Kallisti
2011-03-26, 01:06 PM
Kosmaras
(Currently assuming that Kosmaras has returned and reported, since we're already making plans).

"I could probably rout the soldiers if someone separated them from the paladins and priest."

THEChanger
2011-03-26, 01:40 PM
John Softtongue
John gave a grimace. Fighting was not what he wanted. There had already been so much bloodshed. But his allies would stand. And if there was a cleric out there, it would be a rare chance for revenge. Seeking out some cover, John put his fiddle back in his back, and withdrew his bow. Muttering a quick spell of protection for himself, John prepared for the coming battle. Looks like I'll get the chance to do some blasting after all. John thought.

Casting Protection from Law on myself. Then, hopefully getting onto some higher ground, where I can use my bow away from sharp pointy sticks. And summon some bugs to bug that cleric.

Draken
2011-03-26, 01:53 PM
Az'Aniqiraj

"Be brave and mercyless. Heh, like that even bears mentioning."

Az engulfs himself in tenebrous' darkness, taking position at the front.

"Then again, mercy is such a relative concept... What if oblivion were to be a man's mercy, I am sure sir Percival will agree."

RaginChangeling
2011-03-26, 02:02 PM
Edric

"Ursula, take to the air. If hit the ones who stay in the back when they come upon us."

Edric pulls on Usus' reins and pats the bear on the head, adjusting his lance. He and Usus position themselves squarely to charge.

"We will crush them when they come for us!"

Zarthrax
2011-03-26, 10:24 PM
Percy nods at Gordon's plan.

"Very well. Hold for my signal, then. We should give them the chance to surrender first. We are not the animals that they are."

Taking his position, Percival digs out a handful of bones and waits....

(Readying an action to cast Bone Armor as soon as they start attacking...)

dspeyer
2011-03-27, 02:57 AM
Zircaphale

Remove the paladins and the priest you say? There may be something to that. I propose that three of us each pick one of those targets to remove from the rest of the battle. I volunteer to take one of the paladins. To avoid confusion, I'll take the one on the left.

mootoall
2011-03-27, 10:07 AM
Moralan

All of the people speaking behind her, and nothing happening at the door they were all staring at, starts to make her a bit antsy. She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and leaps into the air, a gust of wind following her. The darkness still surrounding her, she hovers above the entryway, ready to strike the first enemy who comes through it with her tail spikes. Rasulan no longer projects his aura of darkness, but positions himself twenty feet from the door, exhaling heavily, ready to pounce.

abadguy
2011-03-27, 10:52 AM
Ho-Ark

The silent human with strange hair speaks up after a while. "Elimination seems... optimal. I will sneak behind them and catch any stragglers. If we are to do this, we better make a thorough job out of it."

So saying, he rises up into the air, above Moralan and disappearing from sight.

((Invoke Walk Unseen while flying above Moralan))

dspeyer
2011-03-27, 01:43 PM
Zicraphale

Wait a moment, Ho-Ark. Getting behind the enemy could get you caught in our area of effect attacks. Is anyone planning on using those?

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-27, 02:17 PM
Venkul finds a nice high ledge, darting up various outcroppings to reach it.

Everyone else finds their places.

As Zicraphale speaks a pair of soldiers in half-plate & maroon Carthane soldier's garb round the corner and loose a crossbow bolt apiece into the walls, obviously aiming to threaten rather than strike you (either that or they are career-threateningly bad shots), reloading before the bolts even shatter against the stone.

"STAND DOWN AND YOU WILL BE TAKEN IN UNHARMED! THESE CAVES ARE THE PROPERTY OF CARTHANE CITY COUNCIL BY WAY OF THE REDIAN MONARCHY AND YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN HERE ILLEGALLY!"

The voice is not one of the soldiers, but comes from down the cavernous tunnel that Kosmaras used to spot them. The echoes make it all but impossible to tell how far away it is.

-----------------
For ease of PbP, I average your & the enemies Init mods & roll that. You won so go first.

I also use post order for Init order so people aren't waiting too often. If your action is dependedent on what someone else does (diplomacy or whatnot) then hold off until that person has posted (discuss it OOC if you like).

I won't have a map up tonight (should do by midday tomorrow), but here's some basics.

The cavern entrance has a forking tunnel going out from it, one fork pretty much straight ahead, the other bends sharply right 10ft out of the cavern. This second fork is where the soldiers came from. The entrance to the tunnel is 20x20, the tunnels are 10x10 & the cavern is 60 high x 60wide x 40 deep.

Inside the cavern there is cover around the edges and 5 squares with 5ft high cover on the floor space.

Kallisti
2011-03-27, 02:34 PM
Kosmaras

Invisible, and hidden by his master's power besides, Kosmaras creeps towards the soldiers, grinning wickedly, ready to strike.

What's the lighting like here? I've got Darkvision and See in Darkness, I believe.
Move: Move up to the soldiers. My speed is 40 ft, but I was lurking by the entrance anyway, so I should be able to get up to the fork. Looking down the fork, do I see the wizard, paladins, or probably-cleric?

If yes, I'll delay the rest of my action for now depending on what exactly I see.

If no:

Kosmaras reappears in eerie silence, one of his several long, thin tentacles lashing out to strangle one of the soldiers.

Standard: Attack one of the soldiers with Unholy Reach, and discharging the Tenebrous Touch. [roll0] vs Flat-footed AC for [roll1] Bludgeoning and [roll2] damage from Tenebrous Touch, half of which is negative energy and half of which is untyped. The soldier I struck gets to make a DC 18 Will save or be shaken for 9 rounds.

Swift: Infuse my Greatsword with Tenebrous Touch, provoking a Monster Within save vs DC 11. [roll3]

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-27, 02:44 PM
Kos:
Down the tunnel you see 2 pike wielding soldiers on guard and 1 of the full-plate wearers, longsword still sheathed but his hand resting on the handle, a shield on his left arm. No one else is in sight.

-------------
If you do attack, remember you take a -20 penalty to hide again, negating your bonus entirely I believe. I rolled Listens vs. a Move Silently for you, but no one heard you move down the tunnel. Let me know if you attack.

A'den
2011-03-27, 02:47 PM
Gordon

Even as the the pawns of the enemy entered the room Gordon began casting his spell, there were too few yet for what he had in mind to work so he cast an enchantment on himself. Arcane energy sprang to life around him as the world suddenly became clearer to his mind he smiled.

"Holy smoke, plenty of dead preachers for the devils too stoke." Gordon whispered to himself a wicked grin spread across his face.

The cries of the child from Gordon's earlier spell reached a crescendo the volume of twenty humans screaming together as if in mortal peril. Let the Soldiers think they had caught some toothless cultist unawares. From his robe he produced a rod, thicker than his thumb and long like a wand but not as thin.

Standard Action: Cast Fox's Cunning on Gordon
Move Action: Equip Rod of Maximized Metamagic
Free Action: Increase Volume of Ghost Sound to 20 Humans/ Talk.
Swift Action: Move Spectral Hand Next to one of the Soldiers(AC 30, my saves, HP 1, Incorporeal/Improved Evasion)

Zarthrax
2011-03-27, 03:00 PM
Percy grimly steps forward one pace and responds.

"WE HAVE HEARD ASSURANCES OF THAT NATURE BEFORE! AS LONG AS WE HAVE REMAINED HERE, WE HAVE BROKEN NO LAWS OF YOUR CITY OR MONARCHY. INDEED, WE HAVE WENT OUT OF OUR WAY TO PRESENT NO THREAT TO YOU, BUT HAVING BEEN ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THIS PARTICULAR DEBATE BEFORE, I HAVE ONLY ONE THING TO SAY.

IF YOU RUN NOW, WE WILL NOT SLAUGHTER YOU TO THE LAST MAN. THAT IS ALL THE MERCY WE WILL GIVE YOU. PLEASE TAKE IT."

Intimidate Check: [roll0]

Percy's voice is laden heavily with both regret and iron, as he casts the bones to the floor, where they dissolve into a cloudy grey mist and rise to outline his body. He also holds his hand out for a moment, then a black iron bastard sword literally congeals out of the air and into it.

(Casts Bone Armor, +4 shield bonus to AC and a 20% miss chance on nonmagical ranged weapons. Swift action, Summon Weapon from binding Caliber. +1 Void Messiah Bastard Sword.)

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-27, 03:05 PM
The voice replies.

"THESE CAVERNS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THE CITY COUNCIL, AND SQUATTING IN COUNCIL PROPERTY IS INDEED A CRIME. YOU ARE NOT THE DUERGARS SO I CAN ONLY ASSUME YOU ARE REFUGEES OF THE PURGE. I AM NO PRIEST, I SERVE ONLY THE CITY AND MAYOR. I ASSURE YOU THIS IS NOT A FIGHT YOU CAN WIN, I IMPLORE YOU ONE LAST TIME TO COME QUIETLY.

Kos:
The speaker is the man in full-plate, he draws his blade upon hearing Percy's reply.

----------
Your attacks will be after this exchange now if you make them.

Kallisti
2011-03-27, 03:16 PM
Kosmaras

Kosmaras reappears in eerie silence, one of his several long, thin tentacles lashing out to strike the speaker. In his strange, whispery voice that seems to come from everywhere at once, he says "Always come quietly. Do everything quietly. But you lie. You offer no mercy. Don't want to hurt you, or your men. But will, unless you run. Now."

K-B: Taking my attack, on the full-plate guy. I have reach 25, so I should be able to get him. Hide was 40, so now I'm down to 20, but still hidden, though not invisible. My allies see me just fine, though.

Intimidate check for that speech: [roll0], for all the good it'll do if he's a paladin.

Other rolls are in my post above, except for this: I forgot to roll my sneak attack:smalleek:. I've got Sudden Strike 3d6 from Malphas and Sneak Attack 2d6 from Assassin's Stance, for a total of [roll1] more bludgeoning.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-27, 03:23 PM
Kos:
The man in full plate is hit by your tentacle, reacting with a strike against your tentacle which sees his sword stab clean through it.

----------------
You cannot use that tentacle for 4 rounds.

Kosmaras appears between the two crossbow wielders and launches a tentacle down the right tunnel, letting out a shriek of pain (I assume).

----------
You lot won init, so feel free to go.

RaginChangeling
2011-03-27, 03:41 PM
Edric

Edric lets out a primal roar and whips himself into frenzy, grasping his lance as he spurs Usus towards the nearest soldier with muder in his eyes. From above, Ursula lets out a cry and dives towards a different foe, raking out with her talons.

Charge the nearest enemy within 80 feet.

Edric uses his Rage class feature, gains 4 Strength and 4 Constitution.

Ride check DC 20 [roll0]

Usus Charges.

Activate Tenebrous' touch.

Attack from Edric with Lance [roll1]

Damage [roll2]+13+[roll3] times three damage for the charge.
Add + [roll4] cold damage

Attack from Usus [roll5]

Claw damage [roll6]+5

Ursula dive attack, with Fly-by attack she hits in the middle of her chage and moves back into the air.

[roll7]

Claw damage

[roll8]

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-27, 03:44 PM
The right most archer is mauled and struck, crumpling under the weight of the bear.

The other is clawed by the large eagle. He doesn't die, but he is now obscured from the remainder of the group.

Zarthrax
2011-03-27, 04:22 PM
Percy frowns at the response, then nods as he closes the visor of his helmet.

"SO BE IT."

He raises a cupped hand towards the roof of the cavern, as if in supplication. A moment later, a small red bead appears, and with but a gesture, springs down the passage....

(Fireball for [roll0] damage, centered on the spokesperson. DC 21 Reflex for half, fire resistance is not applicable.)

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-27, 04:28 PM
@Zarthex: You can't see the speaker. He's down the tunnel to the right. You can see the back of Edric 7 his companions, who are obscuring the remaining archer and Kosmaras.

Zarthrax
2011-03-27, 04:49 PM
(Well, damn. Never mind that last post then. I'll wait for the map so I know what I'm doing.)

Percy frowns at the response, then nods as he closes the visor of his helmet.

"SO BE IT."

He whistles sharply, causing a fragment of mist to coalesce into a ghostly horse. Giving the phantom steed a quick chuck under his chin in a friendly manner, he mounts up, dismissing his sword and drawing his lance. Percival then merely waits until his line of attack is clear....

Draken
2011-03-27, 05:03 PM
Az'Aniqiraj

Az scoffs at the chatter, advancing towards the soldier line with his gaze leveled on one of them, and then bringing down a bolt of lightning from the heavens onto the man.

"Chat less, deliver more of then unto oblivion's awaiting maws."

Moving towards the soldier to catch them into Aura of Sadness (-2 to attack rolls, saves and skill checks).

Focalor's Lightning Strike [roll0] Reflex DC 17 for half damage.

Surrounded by 10 feet worth of deeper darkness. Stance is still Distracting Harmoniess, imposing a -4 penalty on all skill checks and ability checks made by the soldiers.

mootoall
2011-03-27, 05:15 PM
Moralan

Letting out a battlecry, Moralan flies down from above the mouth of the cave and down the same tunnel Kosmaras attacked down. Rasulan follows with a charge, jumping as high as he can get, and pouncing on the closest enemy. "City officials? Lies! You carry the light of the gods!" From her dark aura she fires two tail spikes down the tunnel at the first of her enemies that she sees.

Moralan:
Move: Move action to get as far down the right hand tunnel as possible.
Standard: Attacking with a volley of three tail spikes. [roll0] +10 each, with [roll1] damage, plus [roll2] on the first two from Thundering and Shocking, and [roll3] on the first one from Sneak Attack.

Rasulan:
Full Round Action: Charge down the right hand tunnel, jump, and pounce on the nearest enemy.

Jump check: [roll4]
Attacks: Claws [roll5] +11 each, Power Attack for 2, Bite [roll]1d20+11[/roll, Tail [roll6], Rake [roll7]
Damage: Claws [roll8] +9 each, Bite [roll9], Tail [roll10], Rake [roll11]
Poison: Make a DC 19 Fort save for each claw that hit, the rake, and the tail. If failed: [roll12] Dex damage, order is Claw 1, Claw 2, Tail, Rake.

Free trip attempt:
Touch Attack [roll13]
Strength Check [roll14]

If trip attempt succeeds, Grapple check: [roll15]

mootoall
2011-03-27, 05:19 PM
Confirming crit on Claw 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1], and fixing Bite roll [roll2]

THEChanger
2011-03-27, 07:10 PM
John Softtongue
John stood upon his rock, obesrving the battle below. At the moment, there was not much he could do to damage their enemies. But his role in life was not to harm, was it? No. He had been trained to aid. And aid he would. As the first few strains of his song left his lips, John felt the power of the Weave enter the cavern, flowing towards his allies. Let his power be their power. Let battle be joined.
Axes flash, broadsword swing,
Shining armour's piercing ring
Horses run with polished shield,
Fight Those Bastards till They Yield
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to Keep this Land Your Own
Sound the horn and call the cry,
How Many of Them Can We Make Die!

Follow orders as you're told,
Make Their Yellow Blood Run Cold
Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane
Let not one damn cur pass by,

Guard your women and children well,
Send These Bastards Back to Hell
We'll teach them the ways of war,
They Won't Come Here Any More
Use your shield and use your head,
Fight till Every One is Dead
Raise the flag up to the sky,

Dawn has broke, the time has come,
Move Your Feet to a Marching Drum
We'll win the war and pay the toll,
We'll Fight as One in Heart and Soul
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to Keep this Land Your Own
Sound the horn and call the cry,
Begining Inspire Courage. +2 to attack, weapon damage rolls, and saving throws against charm and fear, for 5 rounds after I stop singing, for all my, ahem, "friends". Enjoy.
And for your listening pleasure: March of Cambreadth, by Heather Alexander (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCrnF844_ww). Wonderful song.

abadguy
2011-03-27, 10:20 PM
Ho-Ark sticks as close to the ceiling as possible and flies down the tunnel from whence the soldiers came.

((Double move down the tunnel))

El_Pablo
2011-03-27, 11:06 PM
Venkul
Venkul felt the situation vastly swinging out of control, but ,hopefully, in a good way. The soldiers were likely going to be surprised by the attacks of these crazed warriors. The leader would need to be stopped, and survivors not allowed to return, unless they leave stark raving mad. A likely possibility given the nature of hes new "allies", if he could call them that. Never leave your survival in another's hands.
Venkul begins to chant the words of magic and grabs a small sticky ball from within his spell pouch. As the words complete, Venkul fades from view.

Casting Inivisibilty. If there is a way for Venkul to stay high along the ledges, he will move closer to the opening from where the soldiers will come.

dspeyer
2011-03-28, 01:00 AM
Zircaphale

With so much Darkness near the entrance, I'm not going to see when the enemy arrives! Ah well, only one solution.

Hastily Zircaphale sketches Tenebrous's sigil in the dust, glares the former god into submission, and gathers its power into himself

(dc 21) [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-28, 05:58 AM
Percy mounts up.

Az' moves into position, filling the soldier, Kosmaras, Edric and his companions with the sorrow the seeps from Focalor's twisted existence. Your lightning strike erupts from the stone ceiling, but fails to strike true, glancing him only.

Moralan can't get to any of the soldiers further down the tunnel, he stands at the entrance to the righthand bend and sees:
two pike wielding soldiers in half-plate & the same uniform as the archers. Between them is a soldier in full plate, bearing a large shield & a sword, which is currently impaled in a tentacle coming from Kosmaras. They are 10 ft from you now.
moralan is also now affected by Az' Aura of Sadness.

John's song echoes through the caverns, it's effect surging into his allies minds.

It's getting a bit crowded at the junction, but Ho-Ark passes over the brawl, barely dodging Az' lighting bolt.
There are two pike wielding soldiers in half-plate & the same uniform as the archers. Between them is a soldier in full plate, bearing a large shield & a sword, which is currently impaled in a tentacle coming from Kosmaras. You are over them, they are 10ft into the tunnel = 10ft away from Moralan, and you are 5ft above them (second vertical square).

Venkul can get within 10ft of the entrance but the entrance is only 20ft high and he is 50ft up, so will currently be unable to see the chaos ensuing at the tunnel junction.

An angry Tenebrous (even by his usual standards) grumbles about being bound 3 times in the same cave, and refuses to succumb to your will this time. As he fuses himself into your soul; turning it blood red you hear his voice in the back of your mind. Next time you'll show the respect a God deserves, mortal peasant.

----------------
I think that's everyone, enemy turn incoming.

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-29, 12:22 PM
The remaining archer unloads a bolt into both Moralan & Az.

One Pikeman (S3) steps forth to stab Moralan, but misses.

The other (S4) does the same, except striking at Kosmaras (also missing).

The swordbearer stabs his sword forward, a phantasmal blade stabbing through both Moralan, her mount & Kos.

"THEY PERSIST. PLAN B!"

Those in the cavern feel the ground quiver.

-----------------
Moralan: 4 damage.
Az: 10 damage.

Moralan & mount: 14 damage
Kos: 17 damage.

All damage is before reductions. Your move.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt310/Kobold-Bard/Anti-Gods%20Battle%20Maps/Anti-Gods1-2.jpg

Kallisti
2011-03-29, 05:46 PM
Kosmaras

Kosmaras hisses, and the shadows around him draw up, surrounding him in a cloak of twisting, writhing darkness. He had paid for his overconfidence in attacking too soon, he thought as one of his tentacles hung limp, but he would be all right. The master would protect him, as always.

Smiling slightly at that thought, he attacks, sword flashing out trailing shadow behind it as his tentacles attempt to squeeze the life from the swordsman.

Swift: Tenebrous Mantle. [roll0] vs DC 10 Monster Within. For the next 3 rounds, anyone hitting me with a melee attack takes my Tenebrous Touch damage (only on the first attack in an attack sequence, though they take it again if they AoO me or something). I also get DR 9/- against ranged attacks, including some types of spell ("This damage reduction counts against conjured projectiles (such as acid arrows), but not against rays or force effects such as magic missiles"). Not that DR does a lot of good against most spells, since they deal energy damage.

Full: Full attack the Swordsman. The act of making this attack triggers Dreadful Wrath. All four enemies must make a DC 18 Will save or be Shaken for a minute. Anyone who saves successfully is immune to Dreadful Wrath for the next 24 hours.

Greatsword 1: [roll1] (vs Flatfooted if he hasn't seen through my Hide) for 2d6+7 Slashing and [roll2] split evenly between negative energy and untyped, plus [roll3] Sneak Attack if he hasn't seen me. If I hit, he must make a DC 18 Will save or be shaken for 9 rounds, Frightened if he failed vs Dreadful Wrath.

Greatsword 2: [roll4] for 2d6+7 Slashing and [roll5] Sneak Attack if he hasn't seen me.

Ram (from Amon): [roll6] for [roll7] Piercing and [roll8] Sneak Attack if he hasn't seen me.

Unholy Reach: [roll9] for [roll10] Bludgeoning and [roll11] Sneak Attack if he hasn't seen me.

Dreadful Reach 1: [roll12] for [roll13] Bludgeoning plus [roll14] split evenly between negative energy and untyped, and [roll15] Sneak Attack if he hasn't seen me.

Dreadful Reach 2: [roll16] for [roll17] Bludgeoning plus [roll18] split evenly between negative energy and untyped, and [roll19] Sneak Attack if he hasn't seen me.

If at least two of my Unholy Reach and Dreadful Reach attacks hit, I also do 9 points of damage from Rend.

Kallisti
2011-03-29, 05:50 PM
Kosmaras

Critical confirmation on Dreadful Reach 1: [roll0]. Critical is x2.

abadguy
2011-03-29, 08:46 PM
((If its a paladin I'm kinda hosed but here goes!))

Ho-Ark feels he is perfectly positioned to strike terror in their hearts. "Cower before me!" Before terrible black beams shoot from his outstretched fingers

Free: 5ft down to the ground

Std: Frightful Chained Eldritch Blast on S3 and S2

Frightful Presence: All enemies within 20ft make Will DC 19 vs fear if less HD than me, shaken for 1 min if fail

Ranged Touch Attack roll on S3:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Ranged Touch Attack roll on S2:[roll2]
Damage: [roll3] edit: (divide by 2, forgot its 3d6)

S3 and S2 make Will DC 19 vs fear, shaken for 1 min if fail. If they were shaken before, they are now frightened

Move: Demoralise check using Never Outnumbered skill trick, affecting all within 10ft of me.

Intimidate [roll4] vs (1d20 + character level or Hit Dice + target’s Wisdom bonus [if any] + target’s modifiers on saves against fear)

If they fail, they will cower this round and be shaken the next round. If they were shaken/frightened before, they will cower this round and be frightened/panicked the next.

RaginChangeling
2011-03-29, 09:24 PM
Edric kicks Usus and directs him to attack the archer that Ursula has engaged before retreating to (I5), stabbing at the foe with his lance while Ursula rips at him viciously with claw and beak.

Edric Attack with Lance [roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] if the opponent has more than 5 HD.

Ursula full attacks
Claw 1 [roll3] damage [roll4]
Claw 2 [roll5] damage [roll6]
Beak [roll7] damage [roll8]

mootoall
2011-03-29, 09:51 PM
Moralan
Screaming as she is so grievously injured, she jumps off the back of her dinosaur, landing just up the forward corridor. "Damn you all to the void!" She fires a volley of tail spikes at the man around the corner, and Rasulan tears into the archer before him. The violence seems to displease Moralan, but it was the only way to end these conspirators of the light ...

Moralan:
Move: Move action to dismount to G4 (since it seems you still have me riding Rasulan)

Standard: Attacking S3 with a volley of three tail spikes.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage: [roll3] [roll4] (sonic) [roll5] (lightning) [roll6] (Sneak Attack)
[roll7] [roll8] (sonic) [roll9] (lightning)
[roll10] [roll11] (sonic) [roll12] (lightning)

Rasulan:
Full Attack S3, unless he's dead, in which case S2. If he's also dead, then it's a charge and all my mods have to be changed.

Claw 1: [roll13] (Power Attack for 2)
Claw 2: [roll14] (Power Attack for 2)
Bite: [roll15]
Tail: [roll16]

Damage:
Claw 1: [roll17] (Power Attack for 2)
Claw 2: [roll18] (Power Attack for 2)
Bite: [roll19]
Tail: [roll20]

Poison: Make a DC 19 Fort save for each claw that hit, and the tail. If failed: Claw 1: [roll21]
Claw 2: [roll22]
Tail: [roll23]

dspeyer
2011-03-30, 12:32 AM
Zircaphale

"If we fell back into the cavern just slightly," Zircaphale observes dispassionately, "we would be able to bring our full numbers to bear without allowing them the same. It would be advantageous."

Matching deed to word, he shifts into a cave troll and advances to one edge of the doorway (EF1011).

El_Pablo
2011-03-30, 04:16 AM
Venkul

The spellthief fought in his mind whether to dive walk down into that dark and dreadful sounding melee below. His indecisiveness proved to be the better aim of caution. He did not hear clearly what the warrior shouted, but knew enough that they were about to truly reveal what threat they posed. Venkul kneeled down as the cave shook. He readied himself in case the shaking grew worse and threw him from the ledge, but tried harder to steady himself and study what would come next.

Just going to delay. If the shaking in the cave would cause Venkul to fall, His boots of landing will negate the damage.
Listen check to discern what is causing the shaking.]1d20+6[/S]

Zarthrax
2011-03-30, 09:52 AM
Percy applies the spurs to his ghostly steed, moving into a better position. Wordlessly, he extends his hand, a wave of bone shrapnel and necrotic wind manifesting from it and heading straight for the archer...

(OOC: Percy moves to I9, and launches an Osseous Necrotic Blast at Archer 2 in G6.

Attack Roll- [roll0] +2 from Bard song
Damage- [roll1] half piercing, half negative energy, target takes 1d4 at the start of Percy's turn for the next two rounds. )

Draken
2011-03-30, 10:29 AM
Az'Aniqiraj

[Time Warp!]

When the pikeman (S3) steps forward, Az's swings his scythe murderously at him, the thing breaking through the confines of common space to rake at the distant victim.

Far Reach maneuver - Immediate action triggered by movement of an enemy within 30 feet, I get an attack of opportunity against said enemy.

Attack roll: (+2 bonus from inspire courage)
Damage roll: [roll]2d4+11+2d6
Vicious damage to self:

[Timewarp over. Now to my round of actions]

When he musters the time to act once more, Az again swings his scythe at the pikeman (S3), breaking once again through the confines of space to rend his flesh once more.

Shamefully, the immediate action uses up my swift action for the round. Woe.

Attack benefiting from the Widening Gyre effect of the tactical feat Passionate Intensity against Pikeman (S3).

Attack roll: [roll2] (+2 bonus from inspire courage)
Vicious damage to self:

Conditional actions: IF Archer S2 (somehow) remains alive. Full attack to use my second attack on him.

Attack roll: [roll4] (+2 bonus from inspire courage)
Vicious damage to self: [roll5]

IF he is dead, 5 foot step to G6 and use the above attack and damage rolls as part of a full attack against pikeman (S3).

IF pikeman S3 is already dead, move to E5.

A'den
2011-03-31, 02:55 PM
Standing next to John Gordon began complex movements of his hands at the same time intoning harsh arcane words that were all to foreign in the ears of the damned faithful that melee was too complex and disruptive to just blindly fire into not knowing the strengths of his allies he didn't want to accidentally kill one yet...

Glowing orbs of light came into being like flickering Will'O'Wisps, Gordon sent all Four into the melee to better illuminate the area for him to get a spell in that could help.

Cast Dancing Lights centered on the melee, 1 light in the middle 1 on the far side 1 on the near side and 1 in the passage to the right.

The ground shook beneath him and Gordon cursed he certainly hoped Carthane's more arcane defenders were not part of this. Of course he had plans for interlopers like those too... A dark smile crossed his lips as he better see his foes.

THEChanger
2011-03-31, 06:45 PM
John
Steadying himself against the shaking of the cave, John continued his enchanted singing. At the moment, his allies were a bit close for him to unleash his favorite spells without risking hitting them. The best he could do would be to ensure they didn't die to quickly.

Kobold-Bard
2011-04-05, 05:53 AM
Between you you liquefy all of them. Like literally, there's nothing but pulp left.

The more perceptive of you see a shadow looming at the end of each corridor, those with sharper ears hear a blood chilling scrape of stone on stone. Gordon's dancing lights reveal them to be Earth Elementals, each sort of like a flexible hammer with legs. A third materialises through the back wall of the cavern, this one not dissimilar to a great stone spider.

Before you can react each of the hammer-like Elementals slam into the walls, causing the caverns to collapse. The spiderlike one rapidly strikes the ground, which is apparently more of an eggshell than a floor, and it crumbles beneath the feet of those within, sending them falling down into the dark.

El_Pablo
2011-04-09, 07:49 PM
Venkul
As the strange earthern creatures materialize at the entrances to the cavern, Venkul's blood froze. It's a trap! His hands grasped hard on the edges of the ledge he had himself upon, but what was once solid rock crumbled underneath his fingers. As the walls began to collapse, the spider-like creature collapsed the floor in the cavern. The sound of collapsing rocks formed a resounding growl for the widening maw of darkness below him. His grip finally became completely useless, and the young noble could only think of the merchant who had sold him his enchanted boots. Protect him from any fall, the man had said. If that greedy haggler ripped me off, I'll rise from the dead just to kill him, too. Ven fell becoming another snack for the cavern's dark pit.

Filler

Draken
2011-04-09, 10:48 PM
Az'Aniqiraj

Midfall, Az' slows himself down to a halt, the directional gravity of the material world has no right nor hold over him.

"At my own pace shall I swim through this fluid gas, but down must I go nonetheless..."

Fly speed.

Kobold-Bard
2011-05-08, 11:56 AM
Kosmaras

Kosmaras lands lightly and silently on his feet, immediately scuttling into the nearest crevasse like a large spider and glancing around warily.

Fly speed, so I'm assuming I can land lightly and silently if I like. I'll keep my current hide result, and look around.

Also, I could have *sworn* I already made an IC post reacting to the fall, nearly a month ago. And yet I look and see no post. I must be losing my mind...

Wrong thread, when I split the group you moved over to IC-2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10933541#post10933541).