PDA

View Full Version : Good Names for Constructs that look like Knights

Sims
2011-03-25, 04:03 PM
I made a thread on giving a construct of this design a Int score earlier. This time I wanna see how creative this community can be with names.

If you were to make any kind of Golem/Construct, that looked like a (Large or Larger) Knight, what would you name him?

(Heh heh "Sir Pwnage" is taken XD)

Gnoman
2011-03-25, 04:05 PM
Knightmare is an obvious one, if commonly used.

Psyren
2011-03-25, 04:18 PM
Aegis
Cavalier
Templar

LOTRfan
2011-03-25, 04:36 PM
Iron Giant?

Milo v3
2011-03-25, 05:01 PM
Alphonse and Full Metal are ones that spring to my mind.

Also Sanguines Blade (Iron is in the blood - Sanguine is the colour of blood).

Also Construct (I realy is a golem with the name Construct (And he is pretty badass) in NWN 2)

BenTheJester
2011-03-25, 05:02 PM
A Knightstuct?

Human Paragon 3
2011-03-25, 05:05 PM
Hommes D'Gard
Jacknapes
Steel Men
Blackgaurds (pronounces blaggarts) if they're evil

MageofMystra
2011-03-25, 05:09 PM
Robo-knight.
Robotic Knight
R.O.B.O.T. (it stands for "Ass kicking") (and really, it can be anything with dots in it)
Sir Golem
Golem Robot Knight
Sir Golem Robot Knight
Sir Golem Robot R.O.B.O.T. Knight
Sir Robotic Golem Robot R.O.B.O.T. Knight
Iron Man
Lancelot 9000

Asheram
2011-03-25, 05:14 PM
AK-Perceval-001

Manufacturer-Type-Serial number. Yes, I might have been a bit too inspired by Eberron.

HappyBlanket
2011-03-25, 05:18 PM
Aegis, as mentioned above.
Mjollinir or Gungir if you want a more weapony flavor.

Quietus
2011-03-25, 05:27 PM
Darknut, obviously.

Ravens_cry
2011-03-25, 05:28 PM
Yeah something knightly/something mechanical plus serial number sounds good.Here's another idea, especially if this is not one of a run but an individual. Maybe someone inspired them to become a knight, some icon of legend or history, or a dear, and departed friend and they took their name in their honour. This adds a bit of poignant humour having a male or neuter identifying warforged who calls itself by some obviously feminine.

[CLASSIFIED]
2011-03-25, 05:28 PM
Mechanix
Nemesear
Honfrishtu

cfalcon
2011-03-25, 05:34 PM
AXEKNIGHT

:P

Sims
2011-03-25, 05:35 PM
Robo-knight.
Robotic Knight
R.O.B.O.T. (it stands for "Ass kicking") (and really, it can be anything with dots in it)
Sir Golem
Golem Robot Knight
Sir Golem Robot Knight
Sir Golem Robot R.O.B.O.T. Knight
Sir Robotic Golem Robot R.O.B.O.T. Knight
Iron Man
Lancelot 9000

LMAO!!!! XD I like the Lancelot 9000 one hahaha!!!! XD

Darth Stabber
2011-03-25, 06:09 PM
-Sir Clanksalot
-Chivalbot
-Lancamatic 2000
-Bushidatron
-Cavaltronic
-Optimus Sublime
-honor elemental

Doc Roc
2011-03-25, 06:16 PM
Iron Fusilier.

Series-7.

Akal Saris
2011-03-25, 06:42 PM
Aegis, as mentioned above.
Mjollinir or Gungir if you want a more weapony flavor.

I like where you're going with these names, sir.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-03-26, 10:17 AM
Stone Squires would work if they have various rankings, moving up to Bronze Bulwark and Steel Soldiers, probably finishing it off with Platinum Protector.

Blackjackg
2011-03-26, 10:25 AM
The Adversary.

Goonthegoof
2011-03-26, 10:43 AM
Lancelot, Guren Mk. II, Burai, Sutherland, Shinkirou...

Sr.medusa
2011-03-26, 10:56 AM
Gort, or Sir Gort

The Glyphstone
2011-03-26, 10:57 AM
Robocop. text

ooknabah
2011-03-26, 10:58 AM
Robert.

Constructs are people too.

Dsurion
2011-03-26, 11:20 AM
Titanius Anglesmith. You know what I did there.

Cespenar
2011-03-26, 06:44 PM
Knightman.

Pokonic
2011-03-26, 06:47 PM
Mr Roboto

grumble

Milo v3
2011-03-26, 08:47 PM
Titanius Anglesmith. You know what I did there.

How did I not think of this? Use Titanius Anglesmith.

supermonkeyjoe
2011-03-28, 04:32 AM
Securitron
Protectron
Mr. Gutsy
Liberty prime. (thanks to fallout 3)

More seriously, a thesaurus is key

advocate, ally, backer, challenger, champ, conqueror, defender , endorser, exponent, expounder, guardian, hero, heroine, medalist, nonpareil, paladin, partisan, patron, proponent, protector, supporter, sympathizer, upholder, vanquisher, victor, vindicator, warrior, winner.

add a descriptor according to the material or similar;

Iron Challenger
Titanium Defender
Steel Guardian
Adamantium Hero
Golden Warrior
Tigerblood Winner

Knaight
2011-03-28, 09:46 AM
Depending on whether you want a specific name or a general name.

Specific:
Sir Balin of the Two Swords: Named after a character from Arthurian Myth who got killed because he couldn't be recognized due to wearing a lot of armor and using a borrowed shield. Shortening and tweaking this could yield other names. I'm partial to Sarbealn, largely due to the vague Norse sound.

Sir Haber: Named after the Haber process, which allowed mass synthesis of usable iron.

General:
Statue of Sleipnir: Named after Odin's horse.

Son of the White Star: Because meteoric iron references never get old. It also justifies good markings.

Aluminum Knight- Admittedly I just lifted this from a setting of mine, and one where it makes far more sense.

aldeayeah
2011-03-28, 09:49 AM
Obvious pick:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/889/pbf155gigaknight.jpg

Miscast_Mage
2011-03-28, 10:08 AM
Some construct names/titles off the top of my head that also sound knightly:

Lady of Blades
Steel Sire
Sir Ironheart
Her Machinations of Grace
Daughter of Steel
Maiden of Gears
Knight of the Eternal Cog

They come across more as titles rather than names, but eh, what ya gonna do?

McSmack
2011-03-28, 12:41 PM
Rusty
Tetanus
Cog
McSprocket
Mettle
Bulwark
Biff
Gudbrandr- Icelandic meaning "God's Sword"
Vambrace- component of armor
Searle- English name meaning 'armor'
Cid - famous Spanish knight
Ritter - German for 'knight'

And because it's what I'm listening to right now-
Holy Diver- Dio

Coidzor
2011-03-28, 02:25 PM
Ferrumii, Ferrumei, Ferrous Stalwarts, Ferrumeans, playing off of the old name for iron.

Hollow Knights, Hollow Hallows (if they're based on/actually made of the funerary sculpture of knights)

Capelini, Lobsterpots, Lobstermen (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Capeline)

Gens d' (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Gens_d%27armes)lamé (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Lam%C3%A9_%28armor%29)-> Gendalamé -> Gendlelam?

Lorican Auxliairies (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Lorica_segmentata)

White (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/White_armor)/Iron/Grey/Steel/Shining/Gothic (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Gothic_plate_armour)Warders

Some combination of Empty Helm or Empty Cuirasse in whatever language you want to go with, Italian, Latin, French, and German seem to be the more likely candidates.

Something to highlight that they don't have to protect purely human concerns due to lacking a certain piece of the armor, such as the codpiece or faulds.

Or a combination of the two and have it called Sans Sallet because it doesn't need a helmet because there is no head...

I guess it also depends on whether they look like a suit of plate armor or some earlier form of knightly armor that was mail instead.

Kastenbrut/Kasten Brutes/Kasten Brutus (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Kasten-brust_armour)

Cataphracts, Cuirassiers, Immortals, Immunes... Those could also be used as raw material for something.

sailor_grenoble
2011-03-28, 02:42 PM
Sir TinCan (now, obviously, its creator gave it the name of Duncan, but due to some design mistakes, the voice of the construct originated from inside a piece of armor with a strange sound resonance, meaning that the construct gave the impression that it talked with a funny accent: hence the pronunciation TinCan. The "funny accent" problem has been corrected since then, but the spirit animating the construct was bound to it by the name it pronounced during the binding ceremony, the way it pronounced it. Changing the name would mean breaking the binding, and recommencing the process of making the construct from the start, since the spirit would be burnt out, and no other spirit would want to inhabit this (quoting them) "spiritually dead shell". So, the name stuck.)