PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play: the TEMPLE of ELEMENTAL EVIL

Beelzebub1111
2011-03-25, 07:32 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/15wo21t.jpg

A classic greyhawk adventure. IN COMPUTER GAME FORM! what could possibly go wrong? It's not like they get a lot of the details from the game wrong, or the NPCs in the module get put way out of what they would REALLY do, or they get references to the Greyhawk setting mythology wrong.

What?

Oh...you thought I was being sarcastic? NO REALLY! Hand to god, I'm just as shocked as you are, From the map of Hommlet, to the temple itself, to the layout and encounters in The Moathouse this game is a spot on reproduction of the module. Not only that, but those of us who campaign in Greyhawk will catch plenty of references to places you've been in Oerth! On my first attempt on this game I was shocked to recognize starting in Celene, a place that in my Real Life game we are never allowed back in again. "HEY! I saved you from an assassination attempt!" is not something I expect to say in the first five seconds of gameplay.

So, I know you're excited to get this thing started, and so am I! One thing cool about this game is that there are NINE separate openings to choose from based on your party alignment. And in the spirit of Audience Participation Let's Plays, I'm letting you guys handle that one. So...are we:
http://i56.tinypic.com/14sywyv.jpg

Lord Loss
2011-03-25, 07:39 PM
True Neutral. Also, this looks like it is going to be oh so awesome...

Beelzebub1111
2011-03-25, 07:51 PM
True Neutral it is! Now we get to make five characters. What I need from you are as follows:

Name
Abilities (I'm rolling, so just give me an order of priority)
Race
Class (Core Classes only, No Prestige classes in this game)
Starting Feats (Again, Core only)
Alignment (Neutral Good, True Neutral, Lawful Neutral, or Neutral Evil only)
Deity (Always required for Clerics, and don't forget domains for those clerics)
Personality (Just one sentince describing their personality, I'll use that as a baseline for role-play/writing)

Now to be fair, only one Character per poster, I want as many people to have a chance as possible!

dsmiles
2011-03-25, 08:01 PM
True Neutral it is! Now we get to make five characters. What I need from you are as follows:

Name
Abilities (I'm rolling, so just give me an order of priority)
Race
Class (Core Classes only, No Prestige classes in this game)
Starting Feats (Again, Core only)
Alignment (Neutral Good, True Neutral, Lawful Neutral, or Neutral Evil only)
Deity (Always required for Clerics)
Personality (Just one sentince describing their personality, I'll use that as a baseline for roleplay/writing)

Now to be fair, only one Character per poster, I want as many people to have a chance as possible!
You sure didn't wait very long on the alignment...:smallfrown:

Gord
Dex, Int, Con, Cha, Str, Wis
Human
Rogue
Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
True Neutral
Dalt
Selfish, but not to the point of hurting others for personal gain. Not cowardly, but perhaps a little overcautious.

Is good?

Beelzebub1111
2011-03-25, 08:15 PM
Hey, I'm going with first come, first serve...sorry.

Should have included the deity list...and gender...I apologize, it's my first time.
Heironius, God of Valor
Moradin, God of the Dwarves
Yondalla, goddess of the halflings
Ehlonna, goddess of the woodlands
Garl Glittergold, God of the Gnomes
Pelor, god of the Sun
Corellon Larthian, God of the Elves
Kord, God of Strength
Wee Jas, Goddess of death and magic
Farlanghn, god of Roads
Obad-Hai, God of Nature
Olidammara, God of Theieves (and apparently armadillos.)
Hextor, God of Tyranny
Nerull, God of Death
Vecna, God of Secrets
Erythnul, God of Slaughter
Gruumsh, God of the Orcs.

dsmiles
2011-03-25, 08:18 PM
Hey, I'm going with first come, first serve...sorry.

Should have included the deity list...and gender...I appologize, it's my first time.
Heironius, God of Valor
Moradin, God of the Dwarves
Yondalla, goddess of the halflings
Ehlonna, goddess of the woodlands
Garl Glittergold, God of the Gnomes
Pelor, god of the Sun
Corellon Larthian, God of the Elves
Kord, God of Strength
Wee Jas, Goddess of death and magic
Farlanghn, god of Roads
Obad-Hai, God of Nature
Olidammara, God of Theieves (and apparently armadillos.)
Hextor, God of Tyranny
Nerull, God of Death
Vecna, God of Secrets
Erythnul, God of Slaughter
Gruumsh, God of the Orcs.

Aww...are those the only ones? After all, ToEE takes place in Greyhawk. :smallfrown:

Ok then, Dalt (God of Portals) is out, Olidammara (God of Armadillos) is in. :smallwink: And: male.

You know, Gord the Rogue? Classic Gygax novels? (Who actually followed a cat deity of some sort.)

MeatShield#236
2011-03-25, 08:47 PM
Name: Lobo
Abilities: Str, Con, Dex, Int, Cha, Wis
Race: Halfling
Class: Barbarian
Feat: Power Attack
Alignment: CN
Deity: Kord
Personality: Excitable, and just a little crazy. Lives in the moment and tries to enjoy himself as much as possible. Not intentionally cruel but not really all that nice either.

This should be fun to watch.

ZeroNumerous
2011-03-25, 08:50 PM
Name: Beardfist Fistbeard
Abilities: Str, Wis, Con
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric
Feat: Power Attack
Alignment: LN
Deity: Moradin
Personality: He's a dwarf. He's sufficiently dwarfy.

Beelzebub1111
2011-03-25, 09:14 PM
All right! only two more to go and we can get started!

Sir Dar
2011-03-25, 09:39 PM
This is going to be lots of fun to watch and read.Here is the character i just made up right now.

* Name Uruk
* Gender male
* Abilities Intell,con,cha,wis,dex,str
* Race The fighting Uruk-hai! Human.
* Class Wizard
* Starting Feats Spell penetration and spell focus enchantment.
* Alignment Lawful Neutral.
* Deity Wee jas.Yes i did forgot which god or goddesses this game will let you worship as ln.
* Personality Likes to throw fireballs as much as he likes to hit on elven ladies. Hopes to one day rule a kingdom and likes to follow the law, most of the time.

ThePhantom
2011-03-26, 12:04 AM
This should be good.

Name: Fredrick Jones
•Abilities :Cha, Dex, Int, Con, Wis, Str
•Race: Human
•Class Bard
•Starting Feats Negotiator, Weapon Fitness
•Alignment Neutral Good
•Deity •Farlanghn
•Personality Easily distracted, a tendacy to ramble on.

Sarco_Phage
2011-03-26, 12:09 AM
This is gonna be awesome. I've played this game several times over. Postan to watch.

Blayze
2011-03-26, 07:34 AM
Name Yezzik
Abilities Strength, Constitution, Dexterity
Race Half-Orc
Class Fighter
Starting Feats Improved Initiative
Alignment Neutral Evil
Deity Gruumsh
Personality His entire personality revolves around becoming THE GREATEST WARRIOR IN THE MULTIVERSE. He has a one-track mind, and it's on a crash course for a collision with everything in sight. If he can cause conflict, he does.

(wot no tempus? D:)

If he was a Meta Guy, he'd love taking them thar passive Feats as well as his Fighter-specific ones to improve his combat potential to the max.

dsmiles
2011-03-26, 07:35 AM
(wot no tempus? D:)
ToEE is Greyhawk, not FR. So, yeah, no Tempus.

Beelzebub1111
2011-03-26, 10:23 AM
Well, we have our five. (a bit of a sausage fest, but alright)

If you didn't make it in time, that's okay. if anyone dies and we can't raise dead, we can recruit a NEW character from The Inn of the Welcome Wench.

I'll start our intro once I get off of work.

Blayze
2011-03-26, 11:17 AM
Couldn't you use the Circle of Eight mod pack to increase the number of PCs you can take? (I think it goes all the way up to eight, ironically)

ZeroNumerous
2011-03-26, 12:40 PM
Couldn't you use the Circle of Eight mod pack to increase the number of PCs you can take? (I think it goes all the way up to eight, ironically)

Probably the best option, especially because it fixes a lot of bad game-ending bugs as well.

Sarco_Phage
2011-03-26, 09:08 PM
Probably the best option, especially because it fixes a lot of bad game-ending bugs as well.

And it increases the level cap. And adds 6th Level spells and up.

ThePhantom
2011-03-31, 02:13 PM
Hello? Has this died before it could start?

Beelzebub1111
2011-03-31, 03:43 PM
No, just that computer virus issues MAY have temporarily/indeterminately delayed my progress. I've got the first part written and played, though the screenshots, character portraits, and possibly game progress may be gone by day's end...