PDA

View Full Version : Adding to the Chameleon's spellbook

Major
2011-03-26, 01:06 AM
Alright, I was curious about something. Due to Chameleon's casting as wizards and using a spellbook but not gaining any spells per level sometimes acquiring spells can be a problem. Sure you can do the whole "once per day I get a spell" using the floating feat, but the problem is that you are still in trouble in that you have to wait one day per spell.

Now, I'm curious about something. Can one use their factotum ability to get a spell then aid it to the spellbook? There is no mention of factotum's needing a spellbook or anything, they just pick a certain number of spells. So could you prepare spells as the factotum then write those down in your spellbook? Thus getting more spells added to the Chameleon (or any spellbook using class's) book?

Goonthegoof
2011-03-26, 01:22 AM
Actually the floating feat can be a great solution to your problems, if you ever have some downtime just get Extra Spell and change it daily.

tyckspoon
2011-03-26, 01:23 AM
Factotum won't work, because they don't actually learn spells- they get SLAs. As mentioned, tho, you can just switch your floating feat to a different Extra Spell each day and copy that down into a scroll (... you did get Scribe Scroll in there somewhere, right?)

Major
2011-03-26, 01:35 AM
Well, I know the floating feat does it, but that is still one spell per day. Its good in the long run, but slow going at first. And I know you CAST them as spell like abilities, but it does say that you prepare spells.

At the start of each day, choose a number of spells from the sorcerer/wizard spell list based on your factotum level. You can choose one spell at 2nd level, and you gain additional spells as shown on Table 1–1. The maximum level of spell you can use, according to your class level, is also shown on the table. You can select any sorcerer/wizard spell up to that level, but you can prepare only one spell of your maximum level. Your caster level equals your level in this character class. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against your spell is 10 + the spell level + your Int modifier.

Anyway, I ask because I figured if the factotum knew the spell, why can't they just write it down?

Plus it would have been a nice way to save the floating feat for scribe scroll :P

Edit: That and it sucks taking 24 hours to write one spell in a book =_=