PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Z-Fighter [3.5]

Ragingsystem
2011-03-26, 03:18 AM
Okay so tonight I was cleaning my friends room and ran across a Dragon Ball Z movie and it brought back a lot of fond memories.

Then I though about how to make a Saiyan Z-Fighter in DnD can anyone help me make an optimized build for one? I was thinking a human with some sort of template for the race but as for the rest I'm unsure. Maybe barbarian (for rage), warlock (For blasts), and a ToB class (For unarmed melee) for his classes? I plan to run this in the next game I play so it would be great to get help. Level 1-20, as for what is off limits nothing my DM will let me use just about anything.

NineThePuma
2011-03-26, 04:04 AM
Monk 20, no lie. It's not optimized, but there are certain feats (Fiery Fist, Ki Blast) that seem to be MADE for this sort of thing.

However, that's more of a Dragonball level of optimization rather than a DBZ level. Not sure if it'd be quite what you're looking for.

KillianHawkeye
2011-03-26, 04:41 AM
I've thought about this in the past, and the truth is that D&D is an extremely poor system for modelling ANYTHING from DBZ. Those Ki Blast feats are horribly weak, and very limited in uses IIRC. And most other DBZ powers don't have direct analogs in D&D (aside from flight).

Morph Bark
2011-03-26, 04:46 AM
I've got a DBZ PDF file that has classes, feats and powers and the like as a supplement to DnD. They're better than the Monk, but we haven't tested if it is better than or on par with the Swordsage.

Hida Reju
2011-03-26, 04:58 AM
Lets see energy blasts, flying, fast movement, extra attacks, teleport, ect?

What you want is a Monk Sorcerer with the gestalt feat from complete adventurer Ascetic mage. Then you prestige into Enlightened fist from Complete Arcane.

By lvl 16 you will get what you want.

or you can just play a swordsage

SurlySeraph
2011-03-26, 10:51 AM
Or a Monk/ Psychic Warrior using Tashalatora.

Sr.medusa
2011-03-26, 10:58 AM
Warlok, blast blast and reblast

Flickerdart
2011-03-26, 11:40 AM
Ascetic Mage sounds good; then you metamagic your spells so they have a full round casting time. Because if you're not charging for three episodes, it's not DBZ.

Noneoyabizzness
2011-03-26, 12:01 PM
Warlock battledancer gestalt.
Wizard monk with kung fu genius also works in gestalt with adding fighter along enlightened fist
Or swordsage

Dralnu
2011-03-26, 01:22 PM
I also recommend monk sorcerer enlightened fist. Unfortunately that PrC takes a while to gain steam, but if you don't mind fairly low optimization it fits the fluff very well.

I can't agree with monk wizard kung fu genius. Honestly, a Z-fighter with a high INT? CHA/STR/CON (LOTS of CON) all the way for them.

Noneoyabizzness
2011-03-26, 01:59 PM
I also recommend monk sorcerer enlightened fist. Unfortunately that PrC takes a while to gain steam, but if you don't mind fairly low optimization it fits the fluff very well.

I can't agree with monk wizard kung fu genius. Honestly, a Z-fighter with a high INT? CHA/STR/CON (LOTS of CON) all the way for them.

Trunks. gohan. Gero. Picolo. Cell.

Battle dancer. Gives fastmove and a fly speed so am so thinking warmage bd for high level vegita style antics.

balistafreak
2011-03-26, 03:12 PM
Seconding Monk/Psionic Warrior Tashalatora, although one could go Wilder or even Ardent instead.

Tvtyrant
2011-03-26, 04:15 PM
Warlock Gish would fill the role rather well.

Kris Strife
2011-03-26, 04:42 PM

I think even Goku has an above average Int score, but a very low Wis score. He learns how to do things quickly, he just doesn't make the same connections or understand society very well. And he invested his skill points either very poorly, or very well, depending on how you look at it:

Survival (opening scenes of Dragonball), Search, Spot (Sensing people), Tumble (much of Dragonball), Balance (Battling the Mummy and Devilman), Sleight of Hand (Fighting Tien, he made himself appear to have 8 arms), Climb (Korin's tower), Concentration (powering up, the Spirit bomb he made on Namek while Freeza kicked him around), Spellcraft (he learned the Kamehameha after seeing it done once. Took Roshi 50 years to develop it), Use Magic/Alien Device (Nimbus, Power Pole, Freeza's ship/Ginyu's Space Pod), maybe a little bit of Diplomacy (How many of his friends used to be enemies?).

I know way more about this series than is healthy.

Zonugal
2011-03-26, 05:11 PM
Wilder is pretty much made for this. Use shifter for their act and you can easily achieve everything (especially powering up so much your body is temporarily wounded).

true_shinken
2011-03-26, 05:44 PM
Warlock/Shou Disciple, straight from my handbook, is the answer to your troubles.