PDA

View Full Version : Slight Build?

Kuzimu
2011-03-26, 10:27 AM
I've never seen explicitly laid out the benefits of slight build (making a slight build kobold rogue, and I was wondering what exactly the benefits were)

Do you get an additional +4 to hide checks, for instance? An additional +1 to AC?

Thank you for your time, chikotim!

Ernir
2011-03-26, 10:44 AM
The benefits of Slight Build are described in this Web Enhancement. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a)

Draz74
2011-03-26, 12:39 PM
No +1 AC. Just +4 Hide, the ability to use undersized weapons (not that you'd want to, generally), and the ability to fight in narrower tunnels. It's a pretty weak racial trait.

That said, ever since Kobolds were given the trait, I've thought that Elves should have it too.

Cog
2011-03-26, 03:45 PM
Whenever a kobold is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check...
There's two ways of parsing that: as (size modifier for opposed checks) and (special size modifier for opposed checks), or as (size modifier) and (special size modifier for opposed checks).

Special size modifiers are used for opposed checks, but the standard size modifier never is, as far as I'm aware. If that's true, then the first interpretation would have no reason to mention the standard size modifier at all, which makes me lean toward the second interpretation (giving kobolds the bonus to AC and to-hit).

Ravens_cry
2011-03-26, 05:15 PM
The nicest thing is the squeezing rules.
A Reduce Person-ed Kobold, will be able to squeeze through holes so small only a Fine creature can get through comfortably.