PDA

View Full Version : Re-Orientation -> Evolution [IC]

Pages : [1] 2

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-26, 02:12 PM
The village of Elmfall lies in the lieu of rolling mountains capped with snow, and is shielded from the outside world on two more sides by a lake, and a dense forest leads to the final approach. The village is small, but sleepy, it has a single tavern and a blacksmiths that is used for the making of horse shoes. Inside the tavern finds a table in the corner with 6 people clustered around it, with a few other patrons. Two are sat on bar stools getting steadily more drunk, and a table in the corner has 4 dwarves on.

Introductions here please guys and lets hear from your characters :smallsmile:

Kumori
2011-03-26, 02:24 PM
Having learned the tales of many adventurers of the past, Kahle heads toward the local tavern. It always starts here, doesn't it? he asks himself. "Yes, yes it does. he answers aloud, "It is time for me to experience, rather than simply study."

As he enters the Tavern and gazes around, he hesitates. Now what? I'm here, but... He stops two feet into the tavern, the door closing behind him, his gaze shifting worriedly from one guest to another.

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 02:29 PM
"And just as I finished him off with a magic missile, Jostain puts a curse on me that I do not even notice when I speak my thoughts instead of think them!" I, Rastlin Mardricson, finish telling the others at the table the story of my last day at the wizard's academy. "Time to get another drink!" and I walk over too the bar to order another pitcher of ale.

if i ever type something out as a thought, please feel free to let the others know i said it out loud
also, -2sp for the ale (unless you have different prices than the PHB)

Steckie
2011-03-26, 02:39 PM
Carstu

"Ah, a curse! Something like that is easily fixed. Just do as i say."
Carstu puts himself in front of Rastlin.
"Look me in the eyes. Clear your mind. Now think about me dancing naked.
If you say anything out loud about that, i'm quite sure people will shut you up soon. Violently.
Problem solved! Now get me a drink as well."

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 02:39 PM
Tinder smiles, a bit vaguely, "I'm just interested in, well. Things. Learning things." She toys with her holy symbol, "It seemed as good a reason as any, to start traveling."

Kumori
2011-03-26, 02:57 PM
Kahle walks up to the group at the table. "I've spent most of my life learning things. Now I feel it's time to start doing things." He pauses briefly before continuing, "My name is Kahle Andomar. Do you mind if I join you?"

Steckie
2011-03-26, 03:02 PM
Carstu

"Sure, sit down and join us in thinking about me dancing naked!
Mind you, we're not doing this for fun. This is a project i'm pursuing. I'm personally going to cure Rastlin here from a curse he's having. In fact, i was thinking about making it my life purpose, but then i realised i really dont want to."

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 03:04 PM
Tinder smiles, "I certainly don't mind. I'm Tinder."

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 03:05 PM
Coming back with the pitcher, "Mind you, he forgot about the fact that no matter how annoying this curse is, I will never think about him naked... Dangit I just did." I pour everyone a drink. And I'm sure it didn't work either...

Steckie
2011-03-26, 03:11 PM
Carstu

"Welcome at our table, Tinder. My name is Carstu Widol."

GodGoblin
2011-03-26, 03:29 PM
From out of the cold comes a small and wild figure, covered in furs and holding a large axe over one shoulder. He throws his axe onto the bar making a loud CLANG before leaping up onto the stool. "Bring me meat and ale." He says is a low gravelly tone towards the bartender, he then produces a pouch of coins from his bag and leaves it on the counter.

His one good eye scans the room and looks over the patrons one by one, its more likely hes looking to add to his coin purse than make new friends however.

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 03:44 PM
Rastlin leans in and whispers, "Pst, whose that loud smelly man who just stormed in? Bet a gold piece he gets into a fight." And if he doesnt I'll do something to instigate one

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 03:48 PM
"Hmm, what? Which man? Oh, you brought back more ale, thank you."

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 03:56 PM
"The one with the axe and all the furs!!!"

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 03:59 PM
Tinder looks around and blinks, "Oh, yes. What an odd little fellow."

GodGoblin
2011-03-26, 04:05 PM
Grimbar's head snaps to look at the fools who are talking about him. He stares at them without a word, his face a primal scowl.

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 04:07 PM
"Oye there little man come join civilization!"

Steckie
2011-03-26, 04:13 PM
Carstu

"Yes, 3 people chugging down beers in a corner. The pinnacle of civilization! You requested ale and meat. Well, we have ale, but the only meat here is my toad and you can't have her. And even if i wanted to cook her for you, she's poisonous, even if you lick a bit of her back it will render you impotent for a few days. Worst week of my life, i tell you."

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 04:22 PM
"Whyever were you licking her in the first place?"

GodGoblin
2011-03-26, 04:26 PM
Grimbar remains on his stall, looking at this 'civilised' man, he starts taking deep, shaking breaths, the other mans words fall on deaf ears. Prey does not mock the hunter and it must be reminded of that. Suddenly something snaps in Grimbars head. The short figure leaps from his perch and storms at full pelt towards the loud mouth human. As he closes in he launches himself to head height and attempts to drive his fist into the humans jaw.

Unarmed strike on Rastlin-
To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Also I take a -2 AC for this round due to charging

Steckie
2011-03-26, 04:30 PM
Carstu

"Why wouldn't i lick my frog? It's perfectly natural to be curious about......Holy crap what is he doing!"
Carstu moves out of the way, trying not to get hit by the barbarian or whatever he breaks.

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 04:31 PM
hit, thats non lethal since its unarmed right?
"Dang it man, that actually hurt! Welcome to the table. Did anyone take my bet? If so you owe me a gold!!!"

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 04:31 PM
Tinder watches interestedly, apparently unaware of any potential personal danger.

Kumori
2011-03-26, 04:39 PM
Without even thinking, Kahle quickly reacts by doing as he's been trained. He reaches a hand out to Rastlin, calling divine energy forth with the practiced muttering of a few words. (Cast Cure Light Wounds, healing [roll0] HP.)
A sullen look crosses his face as he realizes he's just chosen a side....

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 04:44 PM
A tall man stumbles into the tavern. He wears a slightly battered and lightly decorated traveler's outfit with a threadbare jester's hat and a rapier at his hip. He looks around with sullen brown eyes and walks up to the bartender. "I would like a mug of your finest ale sir." he says in a deep, coppery voice.

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 04:47 PM
"Ooh, and now there is a tall man without an axe. Taverns are so interesting."

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 04:53 PM
The newcomer turns around to look at the cleric, revealing pointed ears that show his partially elven heritage. "Who might you be?" he asks casually.

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 04:55 PM
Me? I am Tinder. These here are... Well, I'm afraid I've forgotten their names. Are you the entertainment? That's a terribly interesting hat.

GodGoblin
2011-03-26, 04:55 PM
He steps back from the arrogant one and turns to the caster with the sullen expression "I see" Grimbar launches himself onto the table they are dining upon and in one great bound jumps from it trying to kick the healer in the head with his furred boot.

Hit[roll0]
Dmg[roll1]

The table running was just a flashier way of saying I charge

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 05:00 PM
The stranger removes his hat and says "I'm sorry, I forgot to remove my hat. I meant no impoliteness. Would you like a hand subduing the insane halfling?"

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 05:05 PM
"What?" Tinder looks over at the feral gnome, "He does seem a bit cranky. And acrobatic."

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 05:08 PM
"Yes. Shall I try to subdue him with magic, or would you like immediate melee support?"

Steckie
2011-03-26, 05:08 PM
Carstu

Carstu hides under the table and starts casting a spell.
He points his finger at the barbarian and whispers:
"Crazy midget
Crazy ugly midget
Crazy stupid midget
Crazy analphabetic midget
Crazy weak midget
Crazy ax-murderer midget
Crazy midget"

So, i cast the spell Message and whisper at our raging barbarian, lets see how he reacts to words coming out of thin air :smallsmile:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 05:11 PM
So, i cast the spell Message and whisper at our raging barbarian, lets see how he reacts to words coming out of thin air :smallsmile:

Fun. Perhaps I'll try something similar involving Ghost Sound.

GodGoblin
2011-03-26, 05:19 PM
Grmibar removes his foot from the casters face and looks round to see who is foolish enough to provoke him so openly.. But no ones mouth is moving, the voice is in his head. It wont stop talking "WHO ARE YOU!" A mage.. not the one I kicked. So where is it hiding? Grimnir Keeps looking round for sign of a caster becoming increasingly paranoid

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 05:23 PM
Tinder claps, "What a show. Would you like some ale, cranky little fellow?"

GodGoblin
2011-03-26, 05:34 PM
The gnome stops his frantic spinning at the humans question, slightly shamed that he cannot find the mage. Still not having had his meal Grimbar was rather thirsty especially after his recent outburst. "Hmm. Ale would be.. Good." He says to human with a nod of thanks. The offer of free ale getting him off of the usual comeuppance of calling Grimbar little. Or anything for that matter.

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 05:36 PM
"Splendid. There's a pitcher on the table there, unless it's been kicked over."

Steckie
2011-03-26, 05:40 PM
Carstu

Carstu crawls out from under the table, turns to the barbarian and says:
"That was a fantastic nap, there's nothing like a little sleep while people around you get beaten into a pulp, wouldn't you say? Well, perhaps a good lick of my toads back. Too bad i've missed everything that went on over here and have nothing to do with whatever happened here."

Do i need to roll a bluff check for this?
I'll just roll anyway.
[roll0]

Steckie
2011-03-26, 05:42 PM
Edit: Server error, double post, ignore this.

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 05:44 PM
"I'm starting too think we will need quite a few more rounds! Barkeep, keep em comin and send me the tab when we are ready too leave!" shouts Rastlin. "Now mr crazy gnome dude would you care to drop your name? Otherwise I'm gonna call you mr crazy gnome dude."

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 05:58 PM
"You fellows look interesting. May I grab a chair and sit with you?"

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 06:02 PM
"You're welcome so far as I'm concerned. Who were you, again?"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 06:04 PM
"Ah, I'm Marko. Bard, swordsman, poet, and chronicler of heroes. You?"

GodGoblin
2011-03-26, 06:05 PM
"My name is Grimbar, who are you people? And why was that man sleeping under the table?" He helps himself to a tankard, collects his sack of coins and axe before sitting back at the table with the rest of them.

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 06:06 PM
"Tinder." Tinder waggles her holy symbol, "A devotee of sorts. I'm afraid my poetry is dreadful, though."

Steckie
2011-03-26, 06:07 PM
Carstu

"Chronicler of heroes? Seriously? How many heroes have you chronicled exactly?
I'm Carstu Widol by the way, sorcerer and toadlicker extraordinaire."

He turns to Grimbar.
"I was sleeping because i was tired, obviously. Watching you punch a man in the mouth was so exiting that it exhausted me. So i took a nap."

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 06:07 PM
"I'm sorry my halfling friend, but I believe his story was a ruse. Perhaps he was waiting to ambush someone, but you showed up instead so he came out to wait under the next table."

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 06:09 PM
"I am Rastlin, most powerful wizard ever! And the only reason one falls asleep under a table in a tavern is cause they cannot hold their liquor!!!"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 06:10 PM
"Or perhaps the cynical toad-licking man was hiding from something..."

Steckie
2011-03-26, 06:12 PM
Carstu

"Can't hold my liquor? Ha, you've probably just gotten your nose out of your books for the first time since childhood and you're telling me now that you can outdrink me?
That is an insult, my new friend. I challenge you to a duel. Toad licking at dawn! Whoever passes out with impotency first loses."

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 06:14 PM
"Or we could just start drinking till the first one passes out."

Silver Night
2011-03-26, 06:16 PM
I don't drink to excess, but I'll be happy to enjoy watching all of you do it."

GodGoblin
2011-03-26, 06:19 PM
"You all speak too much and take too little action. Barkeep! 6 shots of your strongest drink! Last man standing doesnt pay"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 06:21 PM
"I refuse to be involved and take no responsibility for the actions of anyone else in this tavern. That said, I would like to watch."

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 06:23 PM
"Fine if some of you are actually responsible I say we get those dwarves over there to join us so that I have some actual competition!"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 06:26 PM
"It's cute how you think you can out-drink a dwarf. Have fun."

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 06:34 PM
Approaching the dwarves, "Hey there care to join us in a little over drinking?"

GodGoblin
2011-03-26, 06:36 PM
"Dwarves? Ha! if you should be scared of anything its Gnomes! Ive beaten most of you once before and I shall do it again!" The Gnome bellows. "As for you drop outs, come on live a little!"
I think here is where we wait for our DM to come back.

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-26, 07:35 PM
DM

The bartender looks across at you all and just seems relieved that nothing was broken at all in the bar. Upon hearing the challenge issued to the dwarves he shudders and drags a large heavy looking bottle out from under the bar and leaves it on the bartop.

The biggest looking dwarf shakes his lank long locks out of his eyes turns round and eyes you all up and down, with a voice that sounds like rocks sliding over boulders

"You want a drinking challenge? Well Abel over there seems to have the spirits ready, so its up to you. I'll give you one chance to back out, if you still want to go ahead, the loser pays all. Deal?"

The Big Orc
2011-03-26, 07:45 PM
"Then let us drink until we drop!"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-26, 09:21 PM
Marko leans against the counter to watch the contest. "Want a bet?" he whispers to the bartender.

Kumori
2011-03-27, 12:56 AM
"I think you broke my nose there, Grimbar, and I hardly feel I deserved it. I'd ask for an apology, but I rather doubt you'll be giving those out any time soon....
"I'll pass on the drinks too. I've little experience with with that sort of thing and don't care to get some when it'll cost me a wager." A moment later he realizes he didn't introduce himself to the Gnome. "I'm Kahle, by the way."

Steckie
2011-03-27, 02:23 AM
Carstu

"Drinking contest? No thanks, anything not involving licking my toad isn't interesting enough to me. But i am interested in seeing a frail little wizard trying to outdrink a group of dwarves."

Kumori
2011-03-27, 02:26 AM
"You are obsessed with that toad, aren't you? I don't mean to be rude or anything, it's just an observation."

Steckie
2011-03-27, 02:38 AM
Carstu

"You have no idea what i had to do to get this toad to be my familiar. So yes, i am indeed quite fond of her.
Her name is Mabel, and it was a bit rude of all of you to not ask me about that."

GodGoblin
2011-03-27, 06:26 AM
"Hehe nice face Kahle, come and drink! Will numb the pain." Grimbar says while almost skipping to bar, in a brutal and manly fashion of course. If there was one thing he loved more than fighting it was drinking, and fighting when drunk is the best of all.

"Right Dwarf! Challenge accepted." He sits at the bar in front of the large bottle waiting expectantly for the other contenders to join.

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-27, 09:22 AM
DM

Upon seeing the bottle arrive, the bar-flies vacat their stools and stagger to a wall to watch. The barman eyes Raistlin up and down, chuckles to himself and gestures to the stool next to Grimbar. The big dwarf sits inbetween the two of you forcing Raistlin to sit next to him and greets you amicably enough.

"My name is Dunthold, i've not lost a drinking game for over sixty years so good luck."

Abel pours three small measures of the spirit into seperate glasses. As it hits the air it starts to hiss and steam gently, and its a thick gloopy viscous green colour with little lumps of something in.

Abel turns to Marko and says

"If you want to bet on your friends i'll give you very good odds."

As he is saying that the table of 6 farming looking men stand up and saunter over to the bar, each laying a small handful of coins on the table and start gabbering quickly and excitedly to Abel. You catch something about the wizard being the first to vomit and the small one having no chance. It seems like it has been quite some time since a performance of such folly has been provided for their viewing delight.

"Now now, no cheating, and may the best drinker win."

With that he picks up his glass and drains it in little less than a single second, slamming it back down onto the bar-top and smiling away.

The Big Orc
2011-03-27, 10:09 AM
Rastlin picks up his drink, bangs it on the table, then swallows it in one gulp.

The Big Orc
2011-03-27, 10:11 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

The Big Orc
2011-03-27, 10:41 AM
"Just because your a dwarf doesn't mean your unbeatable! I am the greatest wizard of all time!!!!" while thinking I am so dead, I am so dead, I am so dead, or at least my liver is

GodGoblin
2011-03-27, 10:50 AM
Grimbar cracks his knuckles and his neck, inhales deeply before letting out a great bellowing roar and taking the shot in one.

I rage :smallcool:
Saves-
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-27, 11:27 AM
DM

The bartender slowly fills up all three of the glasses and retreats back to the horde of people watching and the rest of the party.

Dunthold picks up his second drink, swallows it whole and for a moment looks as if he wont keep it down but his discolour passes.

More money quickly changes hands at the sight of this. {2 rounds elapsed per drink for your rage counter}

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-27, 11:28 AM
Marko uses Ghost Sound to whisper encouragement in the ears of Rastlin.

The Big Orc
2011-03-27, 11:42 AM
Rastlin slams his drink back.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

GodGoblin
2011-03-27, 12:07 PM
Still roaring merrily Grimbar grabs another drink, elbowing anyone that gets too close. He knocks the drink back throws the glass into the crowd.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ok so I have 2 more rounds of drinking after this while raging but then im fatigued :smalleek:

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-27, 12:44 PM
DM

The dwarf roars in laughter as Raistlin slumps head down onto the bar, as he does so coinage is changed hands with Abel and one of the farmers is looking particularly pleased with themselves. Another takes on the aspect of a hatchet when he see's the crazy wanting to be naked small thing roar and get more and more boisterous.

"Well handled laddie! Lets up the stakes slightly!"

With that said he roars in appreciation from Grimbar and picks up two shots and swallows them one after the other. He appears to take the first one perfectly, and those of you still sober seem to think that if he hadn't managed that then the second would've come straight back up.

GodGoblin
2011-03-27, 01:10 PM
Grimbar grabs another two shots and throws them back still roaring like a madman

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-27, 02:02 PM
DM

WHUMPH!

Grimbars head falls solidly towards the bar, and he is snoring within the minute passed out and drooling into a little pool. Abel collects up the glasses and re-corks the bottle.

Dunthold shakes his head

"Even if thats better than most, ye should never challenge a dwarf laddie!"

Turning to the other four of you

"I'm afraid your friends have run up quite a bill there, each one of those super potent little babies runs to a gold and a half each. With ten of them gone that'll be fifteen gold please for Abel.

A moment passes whilst you realise just how much that is for just how little they actually drank

Of course, there's always favours to be performed for us"

Abel passes some money out to each of the four farmers left in the betting, and one of them nods graciously at Grimbar

"I know you can't hear this, but taking him to three? Better than i've seen in months if not years."

Steckie
2011-03-27, 02:13 PM
Carstu

Carstu kneels down next to Grimbar. The gnome is snoring and is obviously not going to wake up. So Carstu decides to have a little fun.
He unties Grimbars shoelaces and ties each one of them to the other shoe. He hopes Grimbar makes a hilarious face-dive.

He stands back up, walks to the bartender and says:
"15 gold? That's very much for very small drinks. You couldn't have mentioned it before they started drinking, could you?"

Silver Night
2011-03-27, 02:17 PM
"Well, the debt seems to me to be his problem. However, what would the nature of these favors be?"

Steckie
2011-03-27, 02:27 PM
Carstu

"That's not the right question. You're right about the debt being his problem. But the question should be: what's in it for the rest of us if we were to do certain favors for you?"

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-27, 03:08 PM
DM

Abel turns round after tidying the bottle away and replies;

"Why didn't I say? Because he ordered the strongest spirit's without asking. And then because your other friend wanted to join in the drinking competition."

Dunthold turns back at the questioning and replies

"The price shouldn't have been asked. If you can't afford to lose a contest, then don't start it in the first place. The favour? Well there are these huge silk worms living up in the hills, I need a nest full of their larvae, im a cloth merchant by trade, and this would put me miles ahead of my competitors."

Silver Night
2011-03-27, 03:39 PM
"When you say 'huge', just how big are we talking?"

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-27, 04:07 PM
DM

The dwarf turns to his colleagues and they all shrug and he holds his hands out at varying different lengths.

"Oh you know, about this big? Anyway I know they ain't too nasty, but they are very protective of their larvae."

He has his hands held about 4 feet apart and then they shrink to 3, then to 2 and back out to 5.

Silver Night
2011-03-27, 04:22 PM
"And what is in it for us?"

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-27, 05:54 PM
DM

The dwarf stands there and rubs his beard in thought for a moment.

"Tell you what, if you bring me a next intact, and have a second with you, I'll teach you how to get the raw material ready to be spun from a nest of your own.

Not only that but I also have an ancient treasure map here, buried in the middle of the plains apparently under some ancient city that no one has ever found. I know on good authority that the treasure is there though, it was my uncles fathers great great great full bearded grandsire who buried the treasure there. The old craft of the dwarves may be lost to us, but we still remember where our cities where.

Oh yeah, and i'll let you off the bill to Abel here as well.

Now I understand you will all want to confer, and two of your members are out cold there, so i'll pay for your room for the night in Abels fine establishment here, and if you want to get back to me in the morning come along and find me in my shop, its just a few doors down on the right handside from here."

With that he stands up and leaves, with nearly everyone else following him as Abel starts to shut up, showing the still conscious of you to the large room you will all be sharing

"If you want your friends, drag them up yourselves, they should be safe enough downstairs apart from a few rat-bites."

Silver Night
2011-03-27, 06:02 PM
"A treasure map. That's rather exciting." Tinder addresses the bard and the socerer, "What do you think of the offer?"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-27, 07:16 PM
"An adventure? I would love to come! Being a chronicler of heroes, you could have your names immortalized in song for an equal share of the rewards."

Silver Night
2011-03-27, 07:26 PM
Tinder glances at Marko's sword and says drily, "How about your earn your share up-front with that, first? Immortality... Immortality can wait a little while. Also, I'll carry the malodorous gnome to the room - he might make an entertaining Zombie, don't you think? Do you suppose he's very likely to wake up? - You two can carry the magician?"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-27, 11:03 PM
Tinder glances at Marko's sword and says drily, "How about your earn your share up-front with that, first? Immortality... Immortality can wait a little while. Also, I'll carry the malodorous gnome to the room - he might make an entertaining Zombie, don't you think? Do you suppose he's very likely to wake up? - You two can carry the magician?"

Marko frowns. "Entertaining Zombie? ENTERTAINING ZOMBIE!? I really hope you were joking."

Silver Night
2011-03-27, 11:19 PM
"Hmm? Yes, joking. Certainly. Haha." Tinder goes to grab the gnome and drag him to their rooms.

Steckie
2011-03-28, 12:09 AM
Carstu

"A treasure map? Seriously? You're telling me that you have a treasure map just lying around but you've never went to find the treasure yourself and you're now offering it to random strangers in a bar?
If that's what you are telling me: great, lets go get some treasure, i'm bored.
But first, lets get our companions to their rooms."

Carstu grabs the legs of Rastlin, tries to pick him up by himself but fails utterly.
"Can i get a hand here?" He asks.

Kumori
2011-03-28, 02:11 AM
Kahle offers to help Carstu with Rastlin. "I had a feeling I'd find an adventure in here..." he says with a grin.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-28, 09:09 AM
"We leave at dawn?"

Silver Night
2011-03-28, 09:50 AM
Tinder nods, "Dawn."

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-28, 03:17 PM
DM

The hour of light across the horizon before true dawn hits the world and a glimmer of light is once again seen. Well would be seen if any of you were awake, had anyone been watching the room at that moment all they would've seen was a small frog hopping around and "sniffing at people." The frog looks out of the window and see's the light on the horizon, and starts licking everyone on their cheek untill they wake up.

Slowly you all start waking up and become aware of a slightly damp patch on your cheek. {{Hell yes, thats right, biological alarm clock!}}

Raistlin and Grimbar have the mother of all hangovers and look as sick as dog's the pair of them.

Both of you;

INT -2
CHA -2

Till you recover, you can have a DC 15 (Raistlin) DC 21 (Grimbar) save per hour starting now, if you make it you come too and beat the hangover.

Steckie
2011-03-28, 03:40 PM
Carstu

"Ah Mabel, punctual as usual."
Carstu stands up, stretches his back and snaps his neck.
He looks down at Rastlin and Grimbar. He smiles.
"You two look absolutely terrible. It's hilarious.
So, once these two can drag themselves up from the floor what are we going to do? Get some breakfast and head out immediatly to.....well, wherever we are going. Grubhunting or larvahunting or whatever they wanted."

Silver Night
2011-03-28, 03:43 PM
Tinder jerks awake, "Wha..? Oh. Yes. Good morning."

The Big Orc
2011-03-28, 03:50 PM
Rastlin goes down to the tavern area and asks for a pitcher of water.

im assuming that is a fortitude save?
[roll0]

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-28, 04:13 PM
DM

Rastlin goes down to the tavern area and asks for a pitcher of water.

im assuming that is a fortitude save?
[roll0] - yes its a fort save =]

Abel passes you a pitcher of water and winks in your direction

"Sorry again about the silver dragon's blood, pretty potent stuff"

Chuckling to himself he turns away and carries on with the business of setting the bar up for the days work.

Silver Night
2011-03-28, 05:05 PM
Tinder goes to the bar, "Well, I'm ready to see the dwarf about his silkworms and his treasure map when the rest of you are."

The Big Orc
2011-03-28, 05:28 PM
After finishing off his pitcher off water,
"I'm gonna need at least an hour to get my spells ready for the day, I'll be down when I'm done." Rastlin then goes and prepares his spells for the day.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-28, 06:57 PM
Marko stumbles out of his room with a stupid grin plastered across his face. "This is going to be fun!" he says excitedly.

Silver Night
2011-03-28, 08:41 PM
Tinder seems to be lost in thought, fidgeting with her holy symbol again.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-28, 09:37 PM
"What is Tinder even a devotee of?"

Silver Night
2011-03-28, 10:09 PM
"Hmm? Me? Oh, one finds things worth investing in, I suppose."

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-28, 10:19 PM
"Hmm? Me? Oh, one finds things worth investing in, I suppose."

"Could you, perhaps, be more specific?"

Silver Night
2011-03-28, 10:29 PM
Tinder glances over distractedly and smiles vaguely, "Why yes, I suppose I could. Shall we have breakfast while we wait?"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-28, 10:35 PM
Tinder glances over distractedly and smiles vaguely, "Why yes, I suppose I could. Shall we have breakfast while we wait?"

"I'm watching you lass. Remember that."

Silver Night
2011-03-28, 10:37 PM
Tinder glances down at herself and laughs, "Certainly dear. Do you suppose they have anything edible here?"

Steckie
2011-03-28, 11:56 PM
"I'm watching you lass. Remember that."

Carstu

"Well, stop watching her and start grabbing breakfast. I'm in the mood for eggs"

Kumori
2011-03-29, 01:34 AM
Under normal circumstances, Kahle would have wanted a room separate from the others so that he could take time to himself and study ancient texts late into the night, and but for the fact that he had no such texts with him and for the fear that these people he had just met the night prior could leave without him, he did not.
He was the first to be licked awake by the toad, though the others may not have known it. Deciding to make good of his being roused he went into meditation for the next hour. He sat perfectly still against one wall, unreactive to his surroundings as his newly acquainted friends started about their days.

Coming out of his meditation Kahle finds himself in alone in the nearly silent room, the only noise is that coming from the main room of the Tavern below. He almost missed seeing Rastlin seated across the room, and decides against greeting him when he recognizes that he's studying his arcane scripture. Collecting his things, he heads down to meet with the others.

GodGoblin
2011-03-29, 05:30 AM
[roll0] Will come back and edit the post depending on how he does

Grimbar sits up in his bed and wipes the frog slime from his face, his expression shifting from bemused look to bemused look as he remembers the events of last night. Rubbing his head he looks round to the others "Ah so, erm.. what happened exactly last night?" He says hopping off the bed eager for some food

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-29, 09:31 AM
[roll0] Will come back and edit the post depending on how he does

Grimbar sits up in his bed and wipes the frog slime from his face, his expression shifting from bemused look to bemused look as he remembers the events of last night. Rubbing his head he looks round to the others "Ah so, erm.. what happened exactly last night?" He says hopping off the bed eager for some food

"You lost a drinking contest with a dwarf and then agreed to follow a treasure map into the dangerous wilderness. Fun, isn't it!"

Steckie
2011-03-29, 10:28 AM
"You lost a drinking contest with a dwarf and then agreed to follow a treasure map into the dangerous wilderness. Fun, isn't it!"

Carstu

"You forgot to mention that he kissed Rastlin and that they danced a traditional Kobold loversdance until deep into the night.

But lets leave the late night escapades behind us and lets start getting ready to leave this place. I mean, why would we stay here and relax when there are big larva's waiting to be captured."

Silver Night
2011-03-29, 10:39 AM
Tinder looks around as if startled, "What? Leave? Oh, yes. We should speak with the Dwarf, first."

Steckie
2011-03-29, 10:49 AM
Carstu

"So: talk to the dwarf, wait for Rastlins spells, get our gear ready, wait for Grombar and Rastlin to vomit their intestins out, wait some more until they can hold some food down and then maybe we can finally go.
Bah, i didn't ask Mabel to wake me up early just to sit here getting bored.
You know what they say: the early bird catches the worms. And i bet the same goes up for larvas.

Why don't you and me go find the dwarf, we'll get the info and maybe we'll be out of here before Grombar starts asking for his lunch. Good for you, Tinder?"

Silver Night
2011-03-29, 11:01 AM
"Certainly. I don't mind eating breakfast on the road."

GodGoblin
2011-03-29, 01:24 PM
"Heh hardly the worst thing that happened after a drinking contest but greeing to hunt silk worms? Thats gotta be up there... Get me some grub and lets move" Grimbar doesnt quite know what hes got himself into but he doesnt seem to care.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-29, 01:28 PM
"If we plan to go on an adventure, shouldn't we elect a party leader and choose a name for our group?"

The Big Orc
2011-03-29, 01:42 PM
fort [roll0]
Rastlin comes down just in time to hear Marko's question.
"I vote the order of the bad hangovers."

Steckie
2011-03-29, 01:47 PM
Carstu

"A name, eh? How about: 'Grimbar and the brains' or maybe 'the toad lickers'. And if you want to name somebody the leader, you're going to have to accept that half our party will only listen to the leader if it suits them.
I'm obviously part of that half.

Now, where is that dwarf with the info we need?"

Silver Night
2011-03-29, 01:56 PM
"He had a shop around here somewhere, I believe? Perhaps our gracious tavern-keep could direct us.

As for a leader and a name, perhaps that should wait until we see that everyone is capable of defeating unusually large insects. Though I will say now I've no interest in leadership. Well, leadership of this group, anyway."

Kumori
2011-03-29, 01:59 PM
"You make this group sound inept. Maybe they are... or we, I suppose, as I am a part of it."

Silver Night
2011-03-29, 02:15 PM
"I don't mean that we are inept, but I don't know that we are ept, either, hmm? Not yet."

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-29, 02:19 PM
"I nominate myself as party leader since everyone else seems too arrogant, hung over, sinister, insane, or high on toad."

Kumori
2011-03-29, 02:21 PM
"None of the above describes me, though I haven't the initiative to lead."

Steckie
2011-03-29, 02:33 PM
"I nominate myself as party leader since everyone else seems too arrogant, hung over, sinister, insane, or high on toad."

Carstu

"Hmm, i qualify for 3 out of 5 of your criteria of being a bad candidate for party leader. I'm not hung over, and i'm not really sinister, am i?
Besides, isn't nominating yourself a bit of an arrogant streak?

Why don't we leave the party leader issue until a bit later when we know each other a bit better. Now, lets go find the dwarf and the info he'll need to give us."

GodGoblin
2011-03-29, 02:44 PM
"Leader? You can call yourself my mother for all the difference it will make! Lets just go find this Dwarf." Grimbar says leaving the room and heading to see the barman for directions

Steckie
2011-03-29, 02:51 PM
Carstu

"After all our talk about a leader, it's the bloody gnome that makes the call and acts on it." Carstu says to the rest while following Grimbar.

The Big Orc
2011-03-29, 02:55 PM
"Everyone is arrogant and being hungover is temporary. There is no reason to nominate a leader when we do not know each other. For now, let us go talk to whomever you promised a favor too and get it done with. By the way, what have you promised my services for?"

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-29, 03:02 PM
"Everyone is arrogant and being hungover is temporary. There is no reason to nominate a leader when we do not know each other. For now, let us go talk to whomever you promised a favor too and get it done with. By the way, what have you promised my services for?"

"We plan to follow a treasure map obtained from a dwarf into the wilderness."

Silver Night
2011-03-29, 03:18 PM
"I believe that was after we help him with his silkworm issue, was it not? I'm sure all will be clear after we talk with him, in any case."

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-29, 03:18 PM
DM

Having stuidiously ignored you all for the hour that you were banging and clattering around apart from to give you each a small glass of ale

"On the house" he says as he leaves them, returning to opening the business for the day. When Raistlin staggers down the stairs holding onto the bar-rail he lets out a mirthless chuckle.

"Well, i've got some bread, cheese and meat for your breakfasts guys, and the shop your after is 4 doors down after turning left the door."

Dunthold's Shop

Opening the door you find the massivley built dwarf sat behind a huge desk covered in all sorts of fabrics pouring over some ledgers. Hung along the walls are massive bolt's in all shades, and even a long piece of shimmering fabric that seems as if to be made of running water. He looks up as you enter

"Ah here to go find a few little worms then? Well, you'll need at least 2 days of travelling rations, and i'm afraid I honestly don't know where they are, I can only tell you where I last encountered them, but that was almost 11 months ago now. Heading due north into the foothills for two days, I came across an old gully. In the side of the gully was a series of tunnels, and from in there came the worms. Now at the time there was massive activity in the hive, and it makes sense that the worms would be looking for a new home now for the year, so you might have to track them for a few days first. Be warned, if you catch them on the road they are alot more violent than if they already have a nesting place. Remember if you bring a second nest of the larvae back i'll teach you how to make the worms profitable and generate your own cloth."

With this he seems to assume that the meeting is over and turns back to his ledger's without a seconds thought.

Silver Night
2011-03-29, 03:34 PM
Seems straightforward enough, assuming that we don't get lost.

Kumori
2011-03-29, 03:37 PM
"Aside from the tracking part... Anyone confident in their capacity to do that?"

GodGoblin
2011-03-29, 03:37 PM
"Right then! Sounds good to me, ready when you are. And dont about the big scarey worms, Grimbar will look after ya" He says followed by a patronising laugh

Silver Night
2011-03-29, 03:50 PM
Well, I'm ready to go when you all are. North, was it?

The Big Orc
2011-03-29, 04:03 PM
"It can't hurt too give those tunnels a look over, we may find some hint as to the direction the worms went."

Steckie
2011-03-29, 04:05 PM
Carstu

"Yes, lets head to the tunnels first and we'll make our way from there on."

Kumori
2011-03-29, 04:56 PM
"Two days travel north, a few days tracking them, then at least two days back depending on where the tracking takes us. I'm going to need to get some more rations."

Silver Night
2011-03-29, 05:00 PM
"A quick supply stop and then off to find them, then?"

Silver Night
2011-03-29, 07:33 PM
Tinder goes back to the tavern to buy 5 more days worth of trail rations.

Steckie
2011-03-29, 11:54 PM
Carstu

Carstu follows Tinder to the tavern and also buys 5 trail ration.

GodGoblin
2011-03-30, 04:41 AM
"Have you people never heard of hunting? Hmm may as well get some too anyway. You will probably scare off anything edible" With that Grimbar sets off with the others to buy 5 rations

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-30, 01:32 PM
DM

Anyone who wanted to purchase rations will have found Abel more than willing to sell them to you :smallsmile:

Heading north from the town you encounter a wood within an hour of travel through fields of crops and even one with sheep in. At the edge of the wood runs a little creek bubbling and tumbling over the stones. At the edge of the woods something feels a little off. Not something that anyone can put their finger on, but just a little bit wrong, something a little bit just not right.

We will be needing spot checks and listen checks all around! If you don't have any actions of talk in the walk, then just shove them into the OOC thread =]

Flash in't Pan
2011-03-31, 06:41 PM
DM

Looking around you see nothing out of the ordinary. There are a few birds sat in the tree's chattering away, there is a faint breeze in the air with whiffs of lavendar on them and even a few squirrels hopping around on the branches. Walking futher into the woods it seems like some form of wildlife paradise, once you even see a stag stood tall and proud on a rock outcropping only a few hundred metres away, it watches you pass and dips its head in what some would almost be a human gesture of acknowledgement. After a half hours idle travel through the woods still headed north you come to a raging river that cuts a swathe through the middle of the lush verdant green. It has mossy rocks and even a few silver fish swimming past, just as you guys are watching the fish swim and leap the more eagle eyed of you spot a hawk and point it out to the party as it dives in low and grabs a fish in its claws, ripping its throat out even as it flies away, spattering Khale with the rich iron blood as it flies away. As he raises his hand to wipe it off, you all hear a light tenor voice singing out in a language unfamiliar to you all. It draws you to it as a moth to flame, and before the party realises, everyone is facing the same way, into the heart of the river.

{{Oooh its getting fun! Will Save time! DC 14, if you pass you don't go mental and see rising from the water a beautiful naked woman, holding out her arms to the party singing to them. If you fail, you are compelled to go to her at all costs, you must protect her from all harm and save her from any danger}}

The Big Orc
2011-03-31, 06:48 PM
[roll0]
Wonder what she is doing in the water. Dam thats hot.

Kumori
2011-03-31, 06:57 PM
[OOC: I'm so going to fail this save...]
Will Save: [roll0]

Silver Night
2011-03-31, 07:05 PM
Tinder frowns, "What's all this racket, then?"

Kumori
2011-03-31, 07:28 PM
An emotionless expression crosses Kahle's face and his hand falls from his forehead, no longer concerned with the blood strewn across his brow. He begins to walk slowly, yet determined, towards the beauty in the water. After a few steps his arm rises, reaching out to her.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-03-31, 08:04 PM
*Fingers crossed*
[roll0]

The Big Orc
2011-03-31, 10:35 PM
"Detect magic," shouts Rastlin as he casts the spell.

Also, spellcraft check incase it is magical to identify the spell.
Spellcraft [roll0]

Steckie
2011-04-01, 12:00 AM
Carstu

Carstu shakes his head, clearing the music from his mind.
"What is this? Why is she naked and singing? Is this some sort of trap?

GodGoblin
2011-04-01, 04:41 AM
"What madness is this!?"

[roll0]

Flash in't Pan
2011-04-01, 07:03 AM
DM

"All I want is friends, friends forever, I've always lost my friends, they see me and hate me and run away, and I never do anything wrong. I don't want to hurt anybody, I could never do that"

As she speaks Grimbar and Kahle step up to the waters edge, the stones start to loosen and their grip becomes weaker the further towards the edge they get, at the end of the round they are standing upon the precipce (well it would be if there was any major fall) and don't seem to notice the rapidly flowing ice water running over their feet.

Raistlin:

It is definatley enchantment. She also glows magic from slightly under the waterline, and concealed within her hair something else gives off enchantment magic.

The spell is a homebrewed one second level - Waters Charm, acts as charm person with the exception that if the caster is stood or swimming in water, all those who fail the save they are drawn in to the caster at a rate of 10 feet per round. Nothing will deter them, except if they take lethal damage. Range: Long. The Duration of the spell is concentration.

GodGoblin
2011-04-01, 07:24 AM
"Friends.. Yeah we can be friends..." Grimbar mutters as he steps ever closer and ever deeper into the water.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-04-01, 08:51 AM
Marko stabs Grimbar in the back just hard enough to do 1 or 2 points of damage. Do I need an attack roll?

The Big Orc
2011-04-01, 10:11 AM
"Stop them! The woman has cast a charm on them, they will drown if they reach her. Acid Splash!" Rastlin shouts.

Acid Splash
ranged touch against kahle [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Steckie
2011-04-01, 01:43 PM
Carstu

"I'm putting them to sleep, if it works don't hit them again or they'll wake up."

Casting Sleep on Grimbar and Kahle, and hoping they don't drown in a part of the river no deeper than a glass of water.

Silver Night
2011-04-01, 02:45 PM
Tinder murmurs a few words and makes a circular motion with her holy symbol.

Casts Bane (Save DC 14 Will, -1 to attack and saves against fear effects for enemies within 50ft.) Would include Kahle if he's not asleep.

The Big Orc
2011-04-01, 04:34 PM
[roll0] (for acid splash)
[roll1] (initiative

Round 1:
"Summon Monster!" Rastlin summons a Celestial Dog.
Round 2:
"Magic Missile!" Rastlin casts magic missile at the woman in the water.
[roll2]
The dog will charge and bite the nearest party member too the woman that is under her spell and not asleep. (using basic dog stats for rolls, i dont know the difference between a celestial dog and a regular dog)
attack [roll3]
dmg [roll4]

Steckie
2011-04-01, 04:48 PM
Carstu

"Sodding woman....Attacking travelers.....Can't act normal....." Carstu thinks to himself.
"Take this, watery tart." He says while casting a spell at her.

Round one: I'm assuming that round one was the sleep spell i cast earlier.
Round two: Magic missile at the woman in the water.
[roll0]

Silver Night
2011-04-01, 04:54 PM
Tinder concentrates for a few moments, then hisses a single sharp syllable.

Second round action: Cast Cause Fear (DC 14, if the save is successful target is shaken for one round.) on Kahle if Kahle is awake.

Otherwise Tinder will take a 5 ft step and throw a javelin at the woman in the river. Attack: 1d20+1 Damage: 1d6+2

Kumori
2011-04-01, 07:14 PM
Round 1:
With his eyes fixated on the lovely lady lass blissfully lulling him toward her, Kahle was entirely unaware of what was happening around him. Phwoosh, a ball of acid lobs past... (Acid splash missed)
A moment passes before he feels an obstructive energy inside his mind, like something that doesn't belong is trying to overpower him. He spins around, glaring angrily at Carstu. (succeeded save vs sleep)
(Failed save vs Bane, no interaction)
The dog leaps up at Kahle, his teeth digging deeply (Ouch, that hurt!)

((Actually, no! I don't succeed my save vs sleep. I'm using a bloody action point to reduce my saving throw by [roll0]))

Kahle falls over into the shallow water, and with a splash the remaining blood is wiped from his face...

GodGoblin
2011-04-02, 01:07 PM
The gnome halts his walk towards the woman as he collapses into the water, snoring happily

Flash in't Pan
2011-04-04, 04:00 PM
DM

Round 1.

We start off with the first round of actions so lets back up slightly.

At the start of the round, the two under the effects of the spell walk up to the edge of the river (as previously mentioned), she doesn't move from the centre of the river and waves her hands tracing arcane sigils in the air with a pair of purple bolt's streaking forward and hitting Raistlin in the head knocking him backwards a step. {4 Damage}

Tinder stares at the watery woman whilst fingering her symbol and a blueish haze settles on the woman for a few minutes before dissappearing into the water spray again.

Carstu cast's a spell with Kahle and Grimbar falling to the influence and, slumping to the ground and snoring heavinly away with their heads lolling in the water.

Marko will kick Grimbar in the side of the head to wake him up and no longer be under the effect of the womans charm.

Raistlin speaks in arcane tounges and from somewhere elseplace a blue-white dog spings forth next to him growling and snarling away and bares its teeth in the womans direction.

End of Round 1

Round 2

The woman instead of speaking, looks at Carstu who has just ruined her plan of having the two party members fall to her whim, and extends her hand at him with the same purple bolts as before slamming into his chest and rocking him back a step almost. {7 damage}

Parties actions now - Grimbar is awake but will need to spend an action to stand up, post your actions for round 2 =]

Initiative Order as it stands.

Wierd naked woman
Tinder
Carstu
Marko
Raistlin

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-04-04, 04:15 PM
When Marko's turn comes, he approaches the water woman and readies an action to stab her as soon as she moves, casts a spell, or attacks.

Steckie
2011-04-04, 04:56 PM
Carstu

"Crap, that hurt!" Carstu says, still shaken from the impact of the purple bolt.

When seeing Marko kick Grimbar to wake him up, and seeing that Grimbar doesn't start immediatly walking to the water woman, he assumes the spell has been broken. He runs over to Kahle and slaps him in the face.
"Wake up, pretty boy, time to kill that watery tart."

The Big Orc
2011-04-04, 04:58 PM
Round 2:
"Magic Missile!" Rastlin casts magic missile at the woman in the water.
[roll2]
The dog will charge and bite the woman. (using basic dog stats for rolls, i dont know the difference between a celestial dog and a regular dog)
attack [roll3]
dmg [roll4]
This is my round 2

Silver Night
2011-04-04, 06:26 PM
Tinder will take a 5 ft step and throw a javelin at the woman in the river. Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

GodGoblin
2011-04-06, 11:26 AM
Grimbar pulls himself to his feet and shakes his hair free of excess water, with a sudden realisation of the situation he up his axe and prepares to charge at the naked mage.

Not quite understanding the 2 round thing but next turn I will rage and charge-

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

I am also at -4 AC for this turn!-

GodGoblin
2011-04-24, 07:33 AM
Ok lets get on with this combat then! No more 2 round rule, just post your actions for the round, I will then order it in a summary post.
The Water-woman lets out a shrill cry as the water around her starts to spin and slosh like she is brewing up a small storm, Tinder's javelin is pushed off course by the winds and it veers off to the side of the witch. Carstu shakes Kahle awake who then stands up and readies his blade to attack. Rastlin lets loose his own bolt of arcane energy that slams into the witch causing her to scream louder and the waves to become ever more violent. The blue and white dog also surges forth and crunches its jaw around her leg.

Next round-
At the woman's command clear watery tendril burst forth from the now raging river and wrap themselves around Kahle. With a violent tug he pulled back beneath the water.

Order again is-
Woman
Tinder
Carstu
Marko
Raistlin
Grimbar

The Big Orc
2011-04-24, 09:24 AM
Wow that thing is strong! thinks Raistlin as his summoned dog disappears. Gonna have to throw alot more at it so that we can get what's-is-name out.

"Acid Splash!"

ranged touch: [roll0]
dmg [roll1]

Silver Night
2011-04-24, 12:47 PM
Tinder narrows her eyes and throws another javelin.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Steckie
2011-04-24, 04:00 PM
Carstu

After slapping Kahle awake, Carstu grabs his crossbow and takes a shot at the woman in the water.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-04-28, 11:01 AM
Marko raises his hands which begin to crackle with arcane energy. "I'm going to drag your vile mind to hell and back!" he shouts as mystic might surges through the water-woman's body and tortures her mind.

Marko casts daze. Does it work?

GodGoblin
2011-04-30, 10:32 AM
Tinder once again launches her javelin but the woman strikes it from the air with a quick flash of lightning arching from her outstretched fingers. The winds and spray of water interferes with Carstus aim and as he pulls the trigger of his crossbow it fires over the woman's shoulder and into the distance. The witch shudders and her eyes glaze over as she succumbs to Marko's spell. As she stands there still half out of the water the orb of acid crashes into her her and begins to sear her skin. Grimbar charges at the woman but the water is too strong and its flow pushes him off balance causing his axe to swing wide.

Witch
Tinder
Carstu
Marko
Raistlin
Grimbar

Steckie
2011-04-30, 10:55 AM
Carstu

Carstu tries to fire his crossbow again.

Silver Night
2011-04-30, 09:54 PM
Tinder approaches and swings her morning star.

GodGoblin
2011-05-12, 08:20 AM
While the sea witch is still dazed Tinder leaps into action and slams her mace into her as Carstu's bolt misses yet again. Tinder feels her mace make contact and the crunch of bone but as soon as she feels the first crack the witches body explodes into a shower of water. The water falls back into the river and the waters are calm once again.

Grimbar soon comes stomping from out of the river, wet and sullen. "Mages.." he Grumbles. The five of you are left standing on the river side, the scene is exactly as it was before except you can see a few of Carstu's bolts floating downstream. Kahle is still nowhere to be seen.

Steckie
2011-05-12, 11:07 AM
Carstu

"Hey, i'm a mage....sort of.
This battle has been a complete disaster. We all sucked, and what the hell happened to Kahle?"

Carstu looks around to see if he can spot him or his gear.

"Is everybody else feeling good?"

Spot check to find Kahle or his gear: [roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-05-13, 02:50 AM
Carstu
Looking around you you can see no trace of Kahle, by now he would have already flowed further down stream.

Steckie
2011-05-13, 01:10 PM
Carstu

"Looks like Kahle is gone. Killed or ran away, i have no idea about that. It's actually very weird, not to know if he died a hero or lived as a coward...
Anyway, lets just continue to find these grubs, i hope you all remember what we were supposed to do? I know naked women can be distracting."

Silver Night
2011-05-14, 04:05 AM
"Well, that was a bit disappointing. Let's do the job we are meant to be doing, though."

Steckie
2011-05-16, 01:24 AM
Carstu

"Yes, let's just continue. The dwarf said it was 2 days travel and we've barely made it a few hours out of the village. Best keep moving if we want to finish our job."

GodGoblin
2011-05-16, 05:08 AM
The five of you begin to gather your belongings and tie up boot laces in preparation for the journey ahead, as you are doing so you notice something seems to be bothering Raistlin. As you all start walking he stops "Uh guys Im not sure this is such a good idea.. Adventure is great and all but I nearly bloody died there! and for what? A drinking debt!? Sorry but im heading back, this is way out of my depth." With that he starts to turn around and head back to town.

Steckie
2011-05-16, 05:21 AM
Carstu

"I'm not going this far for a drinking debt either, but i am in dire need of some cash. And i want to own my own town one day and this is as good of a way to start as any.
But i think i can understand you. So good luck and see you around."

Carstu turns back to the group and says:
"So, there's 4 of us left now. Maybe Kahle will turn up again, but i seriously doubt that. Let's get going."

Carstu starts moving again in the direction the dwarf pointed them, hoping one of the others has enough skill in tracking to find the grubs once they get there.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-05-16, 01:07 PM
Marko says "Although I myself wouldn't go so far for such a petty cause, I would like to follow the rest of you and weave your heroic exploits into poem and song to be remembered for the rest of time.".

Silver Night
2011-05-16, 01:13 PM
Tinder follows along, "We'll manage alright. Fewer people means a better split in any case."

Steckie
2011-05-17, 05:27 AM
Carstu

"That's true, more money for the rest of us. Lets quickly move on so we can finish this job."

Carstu keeps on moving towards the place where the grubs should be.

GodGoblin
2011-05-17, 06:02 AM
Your continue to walk for hours with little trouble, you see the occasional bit of wildlife but they are not hostile towards you. The sun is beggining to set and soon after you come across a small clearing in the woods just off to the right of the path. This small grove is surrounded by a selection of bushes and trees, some reaching as high as 40 feet and some barely clearinging head height. You can see the small scorced patch of grass, probably from a previous campfire.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-05-17, 12:39 PM
"Damn. I actually wish the gnome was here. Don't barbarians have some kind of spiritual connection to nature or something? With him we could find out who made the fire."

Steckie
2011-05-17, 03:42 PM
Carstu

"Eeuh....the gnome IS here. He's standing right there, but you might have missed him because he's so small.
Anyway, i don't care who made that campfire, as long as nobody tries to attack us at night, i'm going to go ahead and sleep here.

Does anybody have some flint and tinder? I'll go gather some firewood."

Carstu goes along the edges of the clearing, looking for firewood. He tries to stay clear from the deeper woods, still being a bit startled by the naked woman they encountered earlier.

Do i need a search check for firewood? I doubt it's needed in a forest, but i'll do one anyway just in case. [roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-05-18, 02:47 AM
Grimbar can be seen sitting on a log behind Marko rummaging through his pack. "Hey mage! You arent gonna find fire wood down there! Its all damp, look higher!" He bellows to Carstu. Soon the Gnome pulls out a small leather pouch "Got the flame, hurry up with that wood mage! Im off to find dinner before it gets too dark." Grimbar ups and loads his crossbow before stalking off into the woods, leaving the three of you alone in and around the camp.

@Steckie- You didnt find any suitable wood but you can roll a survival check and try again. You get a +4 from Grimbars advice.

Steckie
2011-05-18, 04:12 AM
Carstu

"Right, look higher. All this adventuring is trickier than i thought."

Survival: [roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-05-18, 04:37 AM
As Carstu wanders about camp he finds an armfull of sticks and logs that feels are suitable. Tinder and Marko can see Grimbars leather pouch left next to the old fire.

Steckie
2011-05-18, 05:40 AM
Carstu

Carstu dumps the wood next to the old fire.
"Well, my job is done, the rest is up to somebody else."
Carstu takes his bedroll from his backpack, rolls it out on the ground and lies down.
"Marko, if you're not making fire, play something relaxing please."

GodGoblin
2011-05-22, 02:23 PM
Marko begins to play a song on his lute, occasionally humming a few words in time with the music. Tinder begins to try and light the fire, after a few minutes she is successful and the three of you are sitting around a roaring flame listening to Marko's plucking.

The sun is just about to set full, you can just about see the glow of the sun fade from behind the trees when you hear the cracking of twigs in the forest behind you. Marko and Tinder stand up and ready their weapons, trying to peer into the woods.

Steckie
2011-05-22, 09:59 PM
Carstu

Hearing the music suddenly stop, Carstu opens his eyes a bit and sees the two others draw their weapons.
"Oh, just relax you two. It's obviously the gnome coming back from whatever he's been doing. Don't be so jumpy."
He closes his eyes again. And despite his big words he's also a bit worried. The attack of the nude woman did have a larger impact on him than he thought. He keeps his eyes closed, but tries to listen closely to what happens around him.

Listen check: [roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-05-23, 04:06 AM
Carstu's instincts turned out to be correct as the three of you see the Gnome trudging back out of the woods, he is dragging a smallish boar behind him by the tusks and has his crosbow slung over his shoulder. "Evening girlies! Here dinner is ready" he says droping the boar by the fire and wandering over to his bedroll. "Im going to sleep, I already ate." You can see by the light of the fire that Grimbars mouth and hands are smeared in blood and a large part of the boars right hind leg is missing...

The glow of the sun is now tucked behind the trees and the only light visible is that of your fire.

Steckie
2011-05-23, 01:25 PM
Carstu

"Well life sure took an interesting turn for me. A few weeks ago i was scrubbing a toilet, and until now i thought it was disgusting. But a gnome chewing trough the hind leg of a boar is actually a bit worse.
Ugh, whatever, chow is chow, even if there's gnome drool on parts of it."

Carstu looks at the boar, it's has obviously been gutted by a professional. While the gnome's table manners may be horrible, he did know how to keep his kills clean.
He cuts of a large part of the ribs, the left hind leg and the tongue and hart.

He puts a stick on the ribs and the leg and hangs them over the fire. Turning them when needed and making sure they don't get burned. Meat like this had to be cooked slowly.
After that he uses his spear to pull a large flat stone out of the fire. He had put the stone in there earlier in the evening, hoping Grimbar's hunt would be succesfull. He puts the tongue and hart of the boar on the stone, and bakes it. He does this until the outside is very well done, while it is still soft on the inside.
He takes it off the stone.

"Anybody else wants some of this tongue or hart. It is a delicacy in the fishing village up north where i'm from. Boars are pretty rare there, you see.
So, who wants some?"

I actually have no idea how to cook tongue or the hart of an animal. I know people that tongue should be cooked, not baked, but it should be cooked more than 3 hours, so that's not really doable in a game.
Oh, i'm also assuming that Carstu knows how to cook because he has been a serf in his past, being forced to do a lot of jobs.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-05-23, 08:57 PM
Marko - undaunted by the sight of the partially eaten raw boar - continues to play his lute and tell stories.

Silver Night
2011-05-23, 09:11 PM
I'll take some heart, if you don't mind.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-05-23, 09:13 PM
"I would like a piece with no fat on it, if you please."

Steckie
2011-05-24, 11:27 AM
Carstu

"Hah, Grimbar was right in callin you girlies. The tongue is the best part and you don't even want to try it. I'll keep some of this tongue for Grimbar when he wakes up. I have no doubt he'll want to have some of it."

Carstu eats his part of the tongue with great pleasure. After finishing it, he goes to his bedroll, crawls inside and goes to sleep.

"Good night, ladies."

Silver Night
2011-05-24, 06:12 PM
The fat's the good part - but there isn't much on the tongue or heart in any case.

GodGoblin
2011-05-26, 03:43 AM
The two of remain seated as the moon rises higher and higher above you, it showers down a faint and shadowed silvery light into the surrounding woodland. The moon is at its midpoint in the sky, morning is not too far away.

Steckie
2011-05-26, 10:19 AM
Carstu

Carstu wakes up early. He turns, trying to get out of his bedroll. He apparantly got himself stuck that night.
When he's out of his bedroll he stretches himself, yawns and throws some more wood on the fire that almost went out. When the fire is hot again, he heats up the food again and starts eating.

After he's done eating, he stands up, walks over to Grimbar and gently kicks him on his hip: "Wake up, food is ready. I saved you some tongue, it's the best part of the boar."
He also wakes up Marko and Tinder with a soft kick.
"Now that we're all awake, the rest of you should eat so we can get moving. I hope we can find these grubs today and get this task finished."

Silver Night
2011-05-26, 12:25 PM
Tinder wakes up and has some tongue. Her contemplations the night before had gone well, and she felt refreshed overall.

"Should we have some sort of plan, or do you think we should wait and see the lay of the land, first?"

Steckie
2011-05-26, 12:35 PM
Carstu

"I think we should just go to where the dwarf told us to go and once we get there we can make our plan. Perhaps get directions from somebody there or maybe one of us can track the grubs down.
Is everybody ready to get moving?"

If everybody is ready Carstu will start walking again. If somebody still wants to say or do something he will wait.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-05-26, 06:07 PM
"Mmmph. No mom, it's Saturday."

Silver Night
2011-05-26, 10:47 PM
"I'm ready when you all are." Tinder will go along.

GodGoblin
2011-05-27, 03:52 AM
The sun is just coming up from over the tree line and its glow begins to fill the sky, the grass around you is slightly we with mildew and a chill breeze tickles your faces.

Grimbar pulls himself to his feet and snatches up the tongue "Mmm its good.." he says with a full mouth walking over to his pack and collecting his tinder. It is probably the closest thing to a thankyou you will hear. On his way over he gives Marko a rther solid kick awake "Get up girly, we have grubs to find!"

Steckie
2011-05-27, 12:26 PM
Carstu

"That's two kicks for Marko already, if it's like this every morning i'm buying a bucket. A good splash of water will probably get him up faster. And if that wont work, we can always use the bucket as a toilet and use that to wake him up."

Carstu is waiting for Marko to get up. His backpack firmly strapped to his back. He's sitting on a log, tapping his foot impatiently. He has always been an early riser.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-05-27, 02:08 PM
Marko gets up, rubbing his eyes and sore spots. He is NOT a morning person.

Silver Night
2011-05-27, 11:55 PM
Tinder waits nearby looking thoughtfully at the forest around them. She has her pack and is entirely ready to go.

Steckie
2011-05-30, 03:55 PM
Carstu

"Screw this, i'm going to start moving. Grimbar, Tinder coming with me? Marko, just run to catch up with us. If you want breakfast next time, get up earlier."
Carstu stands up from the log he was sitting on. He picks up his backpack, puts it on his back and starts moving.

GodGoblin
2011-05-30, 04:56 PM
As the three of you start to walk the remainder of the trail you can hear the scrambling noises of Marko hurriedly packing behind.

After a few minutes of walking you hear a grinding, shifting noise coming from the ground below. The earth begins to rumble and you can see smaller stones and grit begin to roll and vibrate across the surface.

I am assuming Marko has caught up by now

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-05-30, 06:35 PM
"To arms!"

Silver Night
2011-05-30, 09:12 PM
Tinder gets ready with one of her remaining javelins

Steckie
2011-05-31, 02:08 AM
Carstu

"Damn it, not again. What is that thing?", Carstu thinks to himself while he grabs his crossbow and quickly loads it. He also tries to determine if it is some sort of magical beast or anything else he recognizes.

Knowledge Arcana check in case it applies to this encounter: [roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-05-31, 03:42 AM
With a sudden snap the ground beneath you cracks and sinks briefly before they plummet downwards with you on them. You fall for at least thirty feet while being pelted with debris and rock, they bash against you and graze exposed skin. Before you have time to think you land with a splash in what you guess is a subterranean pool of sorts, roughly fourty feet wide.

All roll a DC 15 reflex save or take 3 damage from the falling debris.

Once you return to the surface of the water and look around you see that you are in a large natural cavern, the pool you are in only takes up one corner of this expansive cave.

Light shines down the hole from above illuminating the majority of the cavern. You cannot see any other entrances or exits however.

Steckie
2011-05-31, 04:51 AM
Carstu

Carstu is surprised at first, he suspected another attack. But now that the ground disappeared under his feet he quickly reacts. Twisting and turning while falling he manages to completely dodge all of the falling debris, eventually plunging into a large pool of water. He swims to shore and yells: "Marko? Tinder? Are you both alright?"

Silver Night
2011-05-31, 12:23 PM
Tinder lands and tries to dodge, but a falling rock impacts heavily. She makes her way to shore, cursing.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-05-31, 08:56 PM
Reflex save: [roll0].

Crap. Marko takes 3 damage. He lands awkwardly on a rock and grunts in pain. When he gets up, his hip is bleeding.

Steckie
2011-06-01, 05:53 AM
Carstu

Carstu gets up from the shore of the little lake. Water is dripping from his clothes and hair, but he's not worried about that. He grabs his crossbow again, checking if it it still loaded. He also quickly fills up his waterskin with water from the lake.
"If you two aren't hurt too badly, we can check out this cavern. See if we can find a way out. I'll follow the wall left of this little lake with Grimbar. Maybe you two can check the other direction and we'll meet back here in 10 to 15 minutes. Don't venture too far, there might be some dangerous things down here. And try not to shout at each other, sound like that might cause another cave-in and i don't want to stand below that.
See you in 15 minutes. Follow me Grimbar."

Carstu follows the wall with Grimbar in tow. He keeps a good eye out for anything that might look interesting, especially a way out. He also tries to listen for anything interesting. Sound travels far in caves, so while he may hear something it might be completely useless.

Spot check: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

GodGoblin
2011-06-01, 06:09 AM
Grimba puts a hand on Carstus arm as he tries to fill up the waterskin "Not the best idea city boy, its full of earth from the cave in. Probably best to give it a while to settle first." Grimbar says tightening he furs around a cut on his arm to stop bleeding "Bloody rocks.." He then follows Cartu around the cavern scanning the walls and most importantly the ceiling for any signs of danger or exit.

You spend the time looking in many different nooks and crannies only to find a rather nice collection of 6 brightly coloured shells and a handfull of mushrooms Grimbar thinks are ok to eat. The only sounds you can hear are the dripping of water, your companions going about there business and the occasional sound of earth being displaced in the walls.

Sadly there is no sign of an exit.

Steckie
2011-06-01, 04:36 PM
Carstu

"No sign of an exit, Grimbar, let's head back to the lake and see what Marko and Tinder have found. Hope they had more luck."

Carstu turns around and follows the side of the cavern back to the lake.

Silver Night
2011-06-02, 12:45 AM
Tinder conducts her own search of the cave's interior, "Caves don't just happen. do they?"

She seems a bit distracted by this semi-philosophical question during her search.

Spot: [roll0] Listen: [roll1]

GodGoblin
2011-06-02, 05:05 AM
As Tinder does her sweep around the cavern followed by Marko she finds nothing of interest, once she has done a full circle and arrived back at the pool she can see that the dirt has now settled revealing what looks like an opening about 10 feet down, the pool looks roughly 30 feet deep.

Silver Night
2011-06-02, 11:27 PM
It looks like there might be an opening at the bottom of the pond. Anyone a strong swimmer?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-06-03, 12:55 AM
It looks like there might be an opening at the bottom of the pond. Anyone a strong swimmer?

"I'm not, but the gnome seems to be quite athletic."

Steckie
2011-06-04, 10:54 AM
Carstu

"I'll be the volunteer, i'm not an amazing swimmer, but i think i can handle that distance." Carstu puts down his backpack, opens it and pulls out his rope. He ties it around his waste, turns to Grimbar and says: "Hold this, if i pull the rope once, that means i'm safe and you can follow me. If i pull twice, you haul me back as fast as you can."

Carstu takes a deep breath and dives into the water. He swims to the opening and tries to enter it. If he's able to get inside the hole he tries to get a good look around. If he sees a way out or a pocket of air, he'll swim there. If he doesn't see anything he swims back to the rest of the group.

Swim check: [roll0]
Spot check: [roll1]
I put a lot of 'if's' in my post. Just to speed things up i thought i'd post what Carstu would do depending on my rolls and the situation. Hope i'm not doing that godmodding thing again when i do that. If what i did isn't good, tell me please.

Edit: Crap, low rolls again. Somebody else may need to try, once Carstu gets back. Well, IF he can get back with rolls like that....

Silver Night
2011-06-05, 10:48 PM
Tinder watches him sink.

GodGoblin
2011-06-06, 05:10 AM
Grimbar grabs hold of the rope and takes a more secure stance, the rest of you watch as Carstu attempts to dive into the pool, he half flails and half cannon balls. Its far from graceful but gets the job done.

Once under Carstu can see the hole in the side, its about 4-5 feet wide and easily big enough to swim through. Looking through the hole you can see a faint light glowing up from the floor of the other cave coming from some rather oddly shaped, blue glowing fungi.

You guess that this cave is 20 feet from floor to ceiling, 20 feet wide and 60 feet long, at the other end of this tunnel it turns round a corner. There is a 1 foot breathing space where the water doesn't touch the ceiling running along the majority of its length.

When not rushed or threatened you can take 10 on most checks, so thats why you didnt drown :smalltongue:

Steckie
2011-06-06, 07:51 AM
Carstu

The cave he was swimming trough is a truly magnificent sight. The fungi are a stunning sight. He suddenly sees the pocket of air running across the ceiling of the cave. He swims up for a good breath of air. When he swam as far as the rope let him, he goes up again for some air and pulls the rope one time, signaling the others it's safe to follow him.

He stays in the pocket of air until he feels that the tension on the rope is gone and he can see the others diving into the water. Once he has room to move again, he swims ahead until the corner to take a good look again. He especially checks for pockets of air again and for and exit. If the tension on the rope doesn't go away and he can't see the others dive in the water, he'll swim back to see what's keeping them.

Spot check again to see what's around the corner: [roll0]
The spot check is only if the others follow, if they don't and Carstu needs to swim back, just ignore it.
I'll take 10 for swimming again.
Edit: Damn me and my low rolls! :smallsmile: Hope it goes better in combat....

GodGoblin
2011-06-06, 08:06 AM
"Thats one tug, after you ladies!" Grimbar says to the other two as he secures his armour straps and prepares for a swim.

As carstu waits in the water he feels something bump into his leg, just for a seond before disapearing again.

Silver Night
2011-06-07, 03:50 AM
Tinder takes the dive.

GodGoblin
2011-06-07, 04:24 AM
Tiner makes the dive, as she swims down through into the next section she sees what looks like Carstu's legs and a glistening shape dart away from them.

Grimbar turns to Marko "Come on lad! After you"

Steckie
2011-06-07, 07:48 AM
Carstu

The thing bumping against Carstu's leg really startles him.
The claustrophobic atmospere of the cave, the unfamiliar combat terrain, the possibility of running out of air, the memories of the encounter with the water woman before....It all adds to his uncomfortable feeling
He looks around to try and see what is swimming in the water with him.

Spot check, yet again: 1d20
Edit: roll failed, putting it in the OC

GodGoblin
2011-06-07, 08:04 AM
Looking back into the water you see what looks like a shimmering skull dart out of sight beneath you. You then feel another two bumps, one into your right leg and the other on the base of your spine. It hurts like being hit with rock but doesnt cause any injury.

Tinder, looking out onto the scene you start to see multiple glimmering shapes darting about Carstu.

For now lets wait for Marko to act, you can roll initiave in OOC now but hold on posting IC until Marko has jumped in and done what he needs to. After that Ill push on :smallsmile:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-06-08, 08:45 AM
Marko leans against a rock and hums an offbeat tune.

GodGoblin
2011-06-09, 04:29 AM
Grimbar shrugs and dives into the water leaving Marko alone in the cave. He carries the rope in with him as swims he coils it around his arm.

Tinder and Carstu see the creatures swimming towards them, large foot long skull faced silver fish with wicked needle teeth and large grey eyes buried deep in bone sockets. Two of these fish fly at Carstu and another darts towards Tinder.

Initiative is-
Tinder
Carstu
Skull-bass
Grimbar

Also scroll down to the Aquatic terrain section of this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/wilderness.htm) page for combat rules. To move around you now have to roll your swim checks, its no longer a calm environment. Still DC10 though.

Steckie
2011-06-09, 07:48 AM
Carstu

Carstu sees two skull-fish coming in his direction. The first thing he thinks about is his safety. So he quickly casts an armor spell on himself and tries to swim in the direction of Grimbar and Tinder, hoping they can help him defeat these creatures.

Casting Mage Armor on himself, +4 to AC, if i have an action left i move towards Grimbar and Tinder. Not sure how this works, but i thought i could move 5 feet anyway?

Silver Night
2011-06-09, 01:45 PM
Tinder channels negative energy, the water around her gaining a slight chill before a pale ray shoots from her hand at the fish approaching her.

Used a rebuke attempt with domain spontaneity to change prepared Cause Fear to Chill of the Grave.

[roll0] for ranged touch attack.

[roll1] for damage if it hits.

She will attempt to swim closer to the others, and to make sure she is close enough to the surface to take a breath if need be.

[roll2]

GodGoblin
2011-06-09, 03:28 PM
Tinders ray flies straight at the fish, hitting it in the centre of the skull. It writhes and spasms violently before regaining control and continuing its attack. You try and move forwards but in the panic you just flail on the spot.

Carstus spell shimmers around him and he kicks his way towards the others, moving more gracefully than before.

Grimbar swims past Tinder arriving next to Carstu and draws a dagger from his boot.

Two fish come at Grimbar and Carstu, teeth bared and snapping. On latches onto Grimbars arm and a plume of red starts to fill the water around him. The other ones teeth barely miss Carstu's ankle as he swims away.

Tinder is not so lucky as her skull fish tears its needle like fangs down her left forearm. Blood again 'smoking' out into the water.

Tinder takes 2 damage.

Silver Night
2011-06-09, 06:30 PM
Tinder will swing at the fish with her morningstar.

Steckie
2011-06-09, 10:04 PM
Carstu

Carstu feels a lot safer now, and he shows how good he feels by immediatly attacking the fish that snapped at his ankle with a frost spell.

Ray of Frost on the fish attacking Carstu
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]